Interesting or funny pictures thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Re: Interesting or funny pictures thread

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:23 am

jjgp1112 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:50 pm At this rate I'm convinced Steven Blooddriver is Omari. At some point you'll realize that nobody here finds those whiny memes funny and/or interesting, right?
First of all, Jjgp1112. It is Steven Bloodriver, not Steven Blooddriver, and second of all, I am not Omari whatsoever. As he is just a person that I can relate with when it comes to pointing out what is wrong with the horrible parody of an interquel known as Dragon Ball Super.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:33 am

Tai Lung wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:21 pm
Shaddy wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:55 pm
Gyt Kaliba wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:45 pm Maybe I missed something, but I fail to see what's so bad about Shaddy calling out the 'Lolz Super sure does suck!' memes as not funny, when they're...not? I feel the same towards 'Lolz GT sure does suck!' memes too. Sure, there can be humor in poking fun at either one of those - a bunch of the Risu (I believe that was the name?) Super 'bashing' comics (the stick figure ones) are actually pretty funny. These latest ones by Omari or whoever really aren't though. They don't really bring anything comedic at all to the table usually. The ones with awkwardly posed Vegeta in the tank before his father, and the one with him on the plateau against Saiyan Saga Goku? Those are amusing. Those have at least something to them. The others though, not so much.

Perhaps there could be something to be said for how Shaddy expressed it, but I've seen far worse said here in the past, and at the end of the day, that's a problem for a mod to decide on.
If someone's got like, an actual criticism of my logic or the way I conduct myself, I'll take it, but ultimately my issue was just that the omari shit is mean-spirited and douchey toward toward creators and fans of a thing, beyond simply not liking said thing. That thing being Super, or them not being funny, that's secondary. I fuckin hate Heroes but you're not gonna see anything like this from me. It reminds me of edgy trash like this you'd see from high schoolers. Jumping at me for taking issue with it in the first place just looks like wanting the right to be a mean-spirited douche.
Well, if there is a limit between a joke and only vomiting hate with bad memes brought from other junk pages.
I find it very hypocritical, an advertising and very immature attempt
so I can understand the complaint with these ... this it's not just he doesn´t like the joke ...this it's because it's not even a joke it's just a tantrum,
jjgp1112 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:50 pm At this rate I'm convinced Steven Blooddriver is Omari. At some point you'll realize that nobody here finds those whiny memes funny and/or interesting, right?
at least some of us realize that ...
Tai Lung, like how I have asked Jjgp1112 to please be aware that I am not Omari, I only post Memes here from people like him to drive home a point, and that is Dragon Ball Super has more flaws in it than any other Dragon Ball Series.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:04 am

Tai Lung wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:35 pm They are all troll except the real troll. Is that how it works? :crazy:
I don't really care who the "real troll" is or whatever, but...
Accusing other people of what you yourself are doing is a classic defence. It's pretty effective, since it makes it hard for the people you're arguing with to point out what you're doing without sounding like they're just saying "no, you".
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:39 am

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:02 pm

Imagine unironically using the word "gay" as an insult in the year 2019.

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:29 pm

I enjoy the memes that parody Super.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:17 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:02 pm Imagine unironically using the word "gay" as an insult in the year 2019.
It is likely that people have been using various forms of the word, gay, as an insult for centuries, if not for a few thousands years.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:24 pm

supersaiyanZero wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:29 pm I enjoy the memes that parody Super.
Same here, SuperSaiyanZero. They always show just how far the so-called creative minds behind Dragon Ball Super would go for Yen. Or whatever Dirtbags like them use for currency these days.
Last edited by Steven Bloodriver on Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:41 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:39 am

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:00 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:23 amAs he is just a person that I can relate with when it comes to pointing out what is wrong with the horrible parody of an interquel known as Dragon Ball Super.
Steven Bloodriver wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:33 amI only post Memes here from people like him to drive home a point, and that is Dragon Ball Super has more flaws in it than any other Dragon Ball Series.
What "flaws" with the series are pointed out though? What point is made by this? Or this, or this? "GT good Super bad", I guess. Or maybe "if you disagree with my power scaling headcanon you're mentally disabled".

Also, "people have been shitty to gay people for a long time" isn't a good excuse.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:13 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:33 am
Tai Lung wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:21 pm
Shaddy wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:55 pm

If someone's got like, an actual criticism of my logic or the way I conduct myself, I'll take it, but ultimately my issue was just that the omari shit is mean-spirited and douchey toward toward creators and fans of a thing, beyond simply not liking said thing. That thing being Super, or them not being funny, that's secondary. I fuckin hate Heroes but you're not gonna see anything like this from me. It reminds me of edgy trash like this you'd see from high schoolers. Jumping at me for taking issue with it in the first place just looks like wanting the right to be a mean-spirited douche.
Well, if there is a limit between a joke and only vomiting hate with bad memes brought from other junk pages.
I find it very hypocritical, an advertising and very immature attempt
so I can understand the complaint with these ... this it's not just he doesn´t like the joke ...this it's because it's not even a joke it's just a tantrum,
at least some of us realize that ...
Tai Lung, like how I have asked Jjgp1112 to please be aware that I am not Omari, I only post Memes here from people like him to drive home a point, and that is Dragon Ball Super has more flaws in it than any other Dragon Ball Series.
if I'm honest ... the series doesn't have it
I have seen the memes
most are very repetitive and are things taken out of context ...
errors that in the story that DBZ, DBGT already made ... but for some reason you choose super ...
and things based on subjectivism ... not everyone hates simple transformations and others prefer the new broly than the old broly etc.

I have hate DB heroes and, to a lesser extent, DB GT, but I do not see myself retaliating my hate at every moment that I have the opportunity ... memes are not only for me it is good to bring variety from time to time and preferably better quality of jokes

If you only distribute hate, it is certain that you will get the same, do not wait until there are no complaints either ...
supersaiyanZero wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:29 pm I enjoy the memes that parody Super.
Good for you ... but not everyone does it especially when there is no certain criteria.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:17 pm

These memes are actually kind of funny, but in a weird way. It's funny to imagine how salty someone must be to produce something like this:

"Lmao dude, this guy is crying, ecks dee ecks dee"

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:29 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:17 pm These memes are actually kind of funny, but in a weird way. It's funny to imagine how salty someone must be to produce something like this:
"Lmao dude, this guy is crying, ecks dee ecks dee"
I thought they were mildly amusing at first, but they got old really fast. Now, they're just pathetic ramblings of some overobsessed "fan" with rose tented glasses for the older material.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:00 pm

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:31 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:00 pm Image

This is pretty silly. But amusing.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:41 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:13 pm
Good for you ... but not everyone does it especially when there is no certain criteria.
Ok..so? Some users enjoy them. Some don't. Just because you don't particularly enjoy them, you think he should stop posting them? Are you serious?
Shaddy wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:00 pm
Steven Bloodriver wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:23 amAs he is just a person that I can relate with when it comes to pointing out what is wrong with the horrible parody of an interquel known as Dragon Ball Super.
Steven Bloodriver wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:33 amI only post Memes here from people like him to drive home a point, and that is Dragon Ball Super has more flaws in it than any other Dragon Ball Series.
What "flaws" with the series are pointed out though? What point is made by this? Or this, or this? "GT good Super bad", I guess. Or maybe "if you disagree with my power scaling headcanon you're mentally disabled".
I find some other posts in here neither interesting nor funny. Do you see me calling them into question based on my own standards? Should I crusade against them being posted because I don't deem them worthy enough? Aren't you all "Hey, it's art man." "Art is completely subjective, stupid.", anyway?
Also, "people have been shitty to gay people for a long time" isn't a good excuse.
I have no idea how the hell you turned this into...that, but I am not surprised you did.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:36 pm

supersaiyanZero wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:41 pm
Tai Lung wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:13 pm
Ok..so? Some users enjoy them. Some don't. Just because you don't particularly enjoy them, you think he should stop posting them? Are you serious?
No .. but you can't wait for others to stop complaining .. posting hate ... you get hate
There are many jokes related to the series in the fandom, with the characters, with their world or with their dubbing etc.
but we choose to use forced, subjective and mostly repetitive memes because something is bad but another series is superior?
-There would be nothing wrong 1 time every 2 or 3 months but often it is not funny is ... sad and only encourages the terrible stereotype that the fandom of gt is spiteful is true since that only seems tantrum.
- There are very good DB jokes like the Kishinpain's parody sometimes makes fun of the series but in general it is nice ... and that it has something that none of those bad memes has .... quality and at least the jokes was thought. ..
-Of course ... that you can obviously say comedy is subjective ... but you also have to keep in mind that this being the dragon ball forum you can find all types of users who like Z, Super, GT and with different opinions so obviously that should be taken into account before posting something that only 2 or 3 people would like.

and finally I feel that this horribly lowers the quality .. of the subject and how a little of the intelligence of the head escapes each time with those memes :crazy:

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:55 pm

supersaiyanZero wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:41 pm
Shaddy wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:00 pm Also, "people have been shitty to gay people for a long time" isn't a good excuse.
I have no idea how the hell you turned this into...that, but I am not surprised you did.
He's not replying to you with that part, he's replying to this comment -
Steven Bloodriver wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:17 pm It is likely that people have been using various forms of the word, gay, as an insult for centuries, if not for a few thousands years.
- which, uh, pretty much can't be read any other way. Yes, sure, people have used 'gay' and related words as an insult for years now (don't know if I'd go so far as to say centuries though), but that doesn't mean it's acceptable to use it as such in society nowadays. One may as well as try to use the same logic to defend using the infamous 'N' word. A slur's a slur no matter how you slice it.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:41 am

their just such lazy shit posts, like again, there's no punchline to any of them besides "super,,,,,,,is bad!" or whatever. obviously no one's saying you can't make fun of super or post memes about super's issues, but like, you have to try.... their also just like weirdly aggressive towards people who like the show and people who worked on it and it's just like, unpleasant, lol.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:29 am

supersaiyanZero wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:41 pm I find some other posts in here neither interesting nor funny.
If we were going by what this user has posted that's simply unfunny, we'd be here for a hundred pages. My issue is the whole "needless aggression toward the creators and fans of a thing I don't like" part.
supersaiyanZero wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:41 pmDo you see me calling them into question based on my own standards?
Specifically these? No.

Moreover, my reason for scrutinizing his reply was that he said "I post these because they show the problems with Super", not because they were funny. But they really don't do a whole lot of that. They mostly just say "GT character strong, Super character weak, CHECKMATE ATHEISTS" with the tone of an angry facebook granddad.
supersaiyanZero wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:41 pmAren't you all "Hey, it's art man." "Art is completely subjective, stupid.", anyway?
Nope! I have never said all art is completely subjective. If I have, that's not what I believe. Here, "Vegeta has hair". That's an objectively true statement about something in a work of art.

What I have said is that there's no such thing as objective criticism of art. Because criticism, and even art itself, is a social construct, and there's no universally-applicable and agreed-upon rules in what "true" good and bad are in fiction. When you look at review scores, sales figures or critical ratings, those are just the intersection between a large enough amount of people agreeing the most on something's worth. But that's not the end-all be-all, "majority rules" isn't a perfect philosophy for every situation. So long as both people have experienced the same work, there's no real way of quantifying one person's opinion as any better than another's.