"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kinokima
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kinokima » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:43 pm

FlpShimizu wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:06 am It's really curious. I've seen people complaining about too much Goku + Vegeta, secondary characters not getting attention, lack of interesting abilities and tournament arcs.

Now we have EVERYTHING we asked for, and even then it's still "boring" and "filler" (which is not what the word means). I sincerely ponder if many people here still like Dragon Ball or just can't accept they've lost their love for it.

You hit the nail on the head no matter what happens ppl will bitch and complain.

I am of course not saying it is the same ppl complaining but not everyone wants and likes the same thing but ppl act like what they want is universal.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:53 pm

I don't know yet I think it's a mistake everything related to space criminals ... in universe 7 where there should be no more strong people ... ,so easy it was to do the same in another universe or better yet give it that ability to Moro

but finally piccolo fight is piccolo fight it will be something interesting anyway ... not being goku or vegeta
FlpShimizu wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:06 am It's really curious. I've seen people complaining about too much Goku + Vegeta, secondary characters not getting attention, lack of interesting abilities and tournament arcs.

Now we have EVERYTHING we asked for, and even then it's still "boring" and "filler" (which is not what the word means). I sincerely ponder if many people here still like Dragon Ball or just can't accept they've lost their love for it.
strong warriors coming out of nowhere stronger than frieza in a universe that had already been said ... there were no longer strong warriors

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:56 pm

Kinokima wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:43 pm

You hit the nail on the head no matter what happens ppl will bitch and complain.

I am of course not saying it is the same ppl complaining but not everyone wants and likes the same thing but ppl act like what they want is universal.
I think people mean that it's formulaic? The earth fighters holding off the villains until Goku (and Vegeta) turn up with their grand new power is really, really old and if nothing happens to spice things up, this will pretty much be Return of F with a new coat of paint.
Regardless, I have seen barely a handful of people be upset at the summary.
Last edited by Michsi on Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:03 pm

omaro34 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:42 pm
Zamasu55 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:03 am Piccolo better not job...
Ugh....Looks like he did.

Sigh
He didn't.

1. He is against a cheat
2. He is literally fighting a better clone of himself however he should do better as it is himself and he does that regularly.
3. He is still fighting and that's good enough for now so just wait for next chapter.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:26 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:01 am What a boring chapter. We didn’t even get to see Moro once! It was the same thing last chapter where he did only show once. Now we got only 1 or 2 panels for Goku and Vegeta’s training. The rest was all random fodder fighting. Boring as fuck. Hype went way down for Viz’ translation now.
Instead it's very beautiful. Other characters involved, other characters fighting. Perfect.

louisascommie
Beyond Newbie

Post by louisascommie » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:33 pm

Goten and trunks ageing when

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:37 pm

Zamasu55 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:26 pm
GodVegetto91 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:01 am What a boring chapter. We didn’t even get to see Moro once! It was the same thing last chapter where he did only show once. Now we got only 1 or 2 panels for Goku and Vegeta’s training. The rest was all random fodder fighting. Boring as fuck. Hype went way down for Viz’ translation now.
Instead it's very beautiful. Other characters involved, other characters fighting. Perfect.
Look i don’t have a problem with them having a time to shine. I think that’s great from a story telling perspective. What i do have a problem with, is when it takes away from the main characters of said Arc (Goku, Vegeta, Moro and Merus) Moro got ZERO screentime (panel time) this chapter, and Goku, Vegeta, en Merus very very little this time aswell. I was hyped to see more of Vegeta’s spirit control training this chapter. That’s why i’m so dissapointed. Because now i have to wait an entire MONTH again for another (unguaranteed) opportunity. That’s perhaps the biggest problem i have with the manga. The waiting each month. I wish it became weekly so we could fully enjoy it. I hope that time comes one day when the manga becomes more and more populair. If i recall, Toriyama himself released his manga weekly, did he not? I believe it was in Weekly Shonen Jump. Someone correct me when i’m wrong. If he could do that, than Toyotaro, (who is a young guy) should be able to do it too.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:52 pm

Michsi wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:56 pm
Kinokima wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:43 pm

I think people mean that it's formulaic? The earth fighters holding off the villains until Goku (and Vegeta) turn up with their grand new power is really, really old and if nothing happens to spice things up, this will pretty much be Return of F with a new coat of paint.
Regardless, I have seen barely a handful of people be upset at the summary.
it's simple ... the plot of a villain who attacks the multiverse while goku and other warriors of the multiverse he met before to stop him is a better plot than this ...
DB Heros kept this, I think they don't know how to use it ... but in the end their concept is at least better ...

here we continue in universe 7 ... continue to make strong warriors out of nowhere that is incoherent ... a mistake that gt also made in the past, we will still have a villain obsessed with the galactic conquest at this point ... loses meaning, zamasu was much more ambitious and original than he with his plan of "multiversal extermination"
things of the past also continue to change .... the OVA of bardock has no relevance later so it doesn't matter if you change it ... but the daikaio's power ... no sense

the new skills of copying techniques are good ... but they give it a secondary character ... why not better give it to moro? as a magician he needed more skills ..

the only good and interesting thing about this is the development of vegeta's character and they gave buu more attention and now piccolo

I still think moro arc be too late in its time ... it would be much better after Cell games arc

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:42 pm

Some people here act like the chapter is already out, as far as I know only a summary and a few scans are floating around. Anyway, I'm going to wait to read the chapter - right now I;m still really interested even if I've seen this dance a thousand times before in this franchise. People are happy to see other fighters getting screen time and I'm even expecting 17 to show up now that a character with unlimited energy has been introduced. To be honest, my hype will probably drop once Goku and Vegeta show up.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:19 pm

Totally agree.

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:42 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:53 pmstrong warriors coming out of nowhere stronger than frieza in a universe that had already been said ... there were no longer strong warriors
Who knows how many strong guys are out there? We didn't know any of the higher gods existed before Super. We didn't know about Broly until after the Tournament of Power. We didn't know about Moro until this arc. The universe is apparently so vast that even the angels can't pay attention to everyone. There could certainly be a random guy stronger than Freeza if he wasn't willing to join the army, or if they didn't cross paths.

0G-73 is an artificial human who has been in prison. Who knows when he was created? He may not have been available for recruitment by Freeza.

Michsi is right. No reason to get down on something that nobody's even read yet.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:59 pm

batistabus wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:42 pm
Tai Lung wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:53 pmstrong warriors coming out of nowhere stronger than frieza in a universe that had already been said ... there were no longer strong warriors
Who knows how many strong guys are out there? We didn't know any of the higher gods existed before Super. We didn't know about Broly until after the Tournament of Power. We didn't know about Moro until this arc. The universe is apparently so vast that even the angels can't pay attention to everyone. There could certainly be a random guy stronger than Freeza if he wasn't willing to join the army, or if they didn't cross paths.

0G-73 is an artificial human who has been in prison. Who knows when he was created? He may not have been available for recruitment by Freeza.

Michsi is right. No reason to get down on something that nobody's even read yet.
that broly has not been found by whis is already an inconsistency .... but at least the vampa planet was already very remote and is a saiyan who trained for many years his power is justified a little ...

That excuse is already widely used and is terrible ... shin and beerus already knew frieza, frieza already knew beerus and buu but none did anything against each other ... depending on the version everyone has a simple excuse
-beerus and buu spend it sleeping for what they do not know and are not obstacles to frieza
-shin is a creator god so his function is passive
- frieza considers a humiliation have to trainning .... etc

something forced but well with beerus at least it was over is enough is not enough?
--------------------
here moro is the only one that is justified .... because everyone talks about him and how dangerous he was besides that daikaio took away his powers ok this very well perfect.
but now random criminals that nobody cared about his existence at the beginning and the galactic patrol catched their represent a problem for piccolo and the others ...

What happened to the premise of stronger warriors exist in other universes? Beerus and Goku said it in BofG, Broly movie

I'm sorry but the fact that kale eliminates 4 universes ... without them showing anything ... just so that now they decide to add simple ramdon cirminales with abilities they shouldn't have ... give problems to the warriors z .. .. is stupid

so what was it for was all battles and previous stories of the other universes if they are going to invent enemies taken from already know where with terrible excuses?

Moro is a wizard should have created powerful warriors to support him but we choose the worst possible excuse ...

now gohan has to fight he should beat them in seconds ... unless they weaken him again ...

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:59 pm

Moro was said to have powered up the criminals though.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:06 pm

So after reading the summary of Chapter 53 I can kinda see where this story is going to go allow me to elaborate

Moro's main crew is going around searching for planets with life source in order to power him up or bring him to full health and the more bodies stack up the more power he'll be able to lend to his crew to power them up and I feel like 1 or 2 groups of his crew are going to screw up by running into Beerus or freeza and get them involved (I Also feel like a Broly cameo is coming) and Planet Yardrat could be invaded by Moro during Vegeta's last Spirit training

I also think Merus knows Time-Skip or at least an upgraded version of it utilizing different approaches or methods to the techniques and could be Hit's U7 counterpart instead of Seventhree

Vice
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Vice » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:01 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:37 pm
Look i don’t have a problem with them having a time to shine. I think that’s great from a story telling perspective. What i do have a problem with, is when it takes away from the main characters of said Arc (Goku, Vegeta, Moro and Merus) Moro got ZERO screentime (panel time) this chapter, and Goku, Vegeta, en Merus very very little this time aswell. I was hyped to see more of Vegeta’s spirit control training this chapter. That’s why i’m so dissapointed. Because now i have to wait an entire MONTH again for another (unguaranteed) opportunity. That’s perhaps the biggest problem i have with the manga. The waiting each month. I wish it became weekly so we could fully enjoy it. I hope that time comes one day when the manga becomes more and more populair. If i recall, Toriyama himself released his manga weekly, did he not? I believe it was in Weekly Shonen Jump. Someone correct me when i’m wrong. If he could do that, than Toyotaro, (who is a young guy) should be able to do it too.
This ENTIRE Arc has been almost exclusively nothing but Goku, Vegeta and Moro, this has been like the first chapter in MONTHS without them. No one is saying you're not allowed to have an opinion, but we can point out when your opinion is a shit one that makes you come off as an entitled crybaby.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:19 am

Chapter's out. Enjoyed it immensely! I guess the only thing that left me a little peeved

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:21 am

The chapter’s out on Manga Plus.
This was quite a slow one, again. But it’s nice to see Krillin and Gohan involved too, though I don’t get why Krillin wouldn’t bring 18 along considering how good she is. Also it would be nice if Tenshinan and Yamcha joined but it seems like they will be left out of this fight.

OG-73I has an interesting gimmick, but I must say I really don’t like how much he resembles Hit in his design. I wished he could look a bit more varied as his companions do.

I hoped we could see more of Goku and Vegeta training and maybe get to know Merus better. Seems like this will be for another time.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:39 am

So i just checked out the translation on Viz’ website, and why did they blur out Vegeta’s reply to that younger Yardrat? (His 150 days!? remark) it was all blank in the little clowd. Wtf. Why would Viz be allowed to do that?

Block88
Beyond Newbie

Post by Block88 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:52 am

Chapter was decent but I find retarded how they can’t somehow contact the other Z fighters

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:57 am

-Chapter 53-

Great chapter, but it's unbelievable how Yamcha keeps not even having a chance to fight.
I like how OG73-1 copy ability has a time limit to it, because it differences him from everyone else who can copy abilities.

It's hilarious how even when Vegeta starts walking on his own path, it still feels like he's following after Goku's footsteps, because Goku also trained on Yardrat and wore their clothes. His training reminds of what Naruto did to get Sennin mode.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.