"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by SSJgogeto » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:20 pm

The fight between Krillin and the bear is still going on, so I hope to see Tien and/or Yamcha helping.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:05 pm

Enjoyed the chapter, very One Piece like in setting up one opponent for each hero. Seems like Gohan will face 73, Piccolo against Shimorekka and Kuririn vs Yunba.

It's nice to see other characters being put to use, along with a mid-boss with an interesting ability(even tho his looks are beyond disappointing.)

This intertwined with Goku and Vegeta training for a couple chapters should provide some entertainment for a while.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:47 pm

Random and scattered thoughts of Chapter 53:

- OG73-I has a fun, if unoriginal gimmick. But it made the dynamic for his battle with Piccolo incredibly entertaining.
- I really can't stress enough how much more fun I have seeing Moro's cronies fight than Moro himself.
- Seeing the earthling cast being productive in battle is always a major plus for me, even if it's just stalling for when Goku and Vegeta swoop in to save the day. But given how poorly Toyotaro wrote the supporting cast in the Universal Survival ANYTHING would have been an improvement.
- Mr Satan actually going to help Krillin when he was told me, took me off-guard big time. It was hilarious and a wonderful display of his character growth. Even if it was re-tread of his character moment against Kid Boo.
- Poor Jaco can't catch a break.
- I do like how Toyotaro is setting the stage for Goku and Vegeta to make their grand return with their different training regimes.
- This arc has seriously gained a lot of momentum in the last months, and if Toyotaro can stick the landing, this will shape up to be the best arc Super has provided.

Overall, another really damn good chapter.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:05 pm

When this arc is animated I hope Shida gets to do a Gohan, Piccolo and Kuririn combination attack.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:06 pm

Lord Beerus wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:47 pm Random and scattered thoughts of Chapter 53:

- OG73-I has a fun, if unoriginal gimmick. But it made the dynamic for his battle with Piccolo incredibly entertaining.
- I really can't stress enough how much more fun I have seeing Moro's cronies fight than Moro himself.
- Seeing the earthling cast being productive in battle is always a major plus for me, even if it's just stalling for when Goku and Vegeta swoop in to save the day. But given how poorly Toyotaro wrote the supporting cast in the Universal Survival ANYTHING would have been an improvement.
- Mr Satan actually going to help Krillin when he was told me, took me off-guard big time. It was hilarious and a wonderful display of his character growth. Even if it was re-tread of his character moment against Kid Boo.
- Poor Jaco can't catch a break.
- I do like how Toyotaro is setting the stage for Goku and Vegeta to make their grand return with their different training regimes.
- This arc has seriously gained a lot of momentum in the last months, and if Toyotaro can stick the landing, this will shape up to be the best arc Super has provided.

Overall, another really damn good chapter.
Yeah I can imagine goku and vegeta both teleporting in at the same time and butting heads or something haha

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:18 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:05 pm When this arc is animated I hope Shida gets to do a Gohan, Piccolo and Kuririn combination attack.
Ooohh, like the a successful version of the one that failed against Nappa. I'd like that!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:35 pm

Michsi wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:18 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:05 pm When this arc is animated I hope Shida gets to do a Gohan, Piccolo and Kuririn combination attack.
Ooohh, like the a successful version of the one that failed against Nappa. I'd like that!
Yeah, definitely. Shida also rarely gets to animate them and I want to see him do so.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:41 pm

I already saw the whole chapter
It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be :think:

the bear and the other small criminal have the level of krillin and jako so they are weaker than frieza (namek) that's a relief ..... :lol:

However, the guy who looks like to hit that he doesn't even see, I'm going to bother learning his name ... it still seems horrible ... the guy managed to surprise Piccolo even though he had already been warned about him ... if it was so dangerous they should have killed him when he was in that prison.
and if I take it personally because the fact that it looks like hit is a mockery ... :thumbdown:

apparently gohan has been weakened again ... because gohan exceeded goku and vegeta in the tournament :roll:
it seems obvious to me ... because of the clothes and the fact that he still have a normal human life without training ..

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:57 pm

Why did Bulma ask Hercule to help out Krillin when Mr Popo was right behind her? Did she forget how powerful Mr Popo is?

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:00 pm

I really wish Piccolo would stop being written like a little bitch.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:09 pm

supersaiyanZero wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:00 pm I really wish Piccolo would stop being written like a little bitch.
I....don't quite see how one could've interpreted this chapter like that.

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:25 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:41 pm

apparently gohan has been weakened again ... because gohan exceeded goku and vegeta in the tournament :roll:
it seems obvious to me ... because of the clothes and the fact that he still have a normal human life without training ..
No he hasn't and no he didn't. This is only some weeks after the ToP. Nothing implied he stopped training. Characters can do more than one thing. Piccolo says Gohan is the strongest on Earth right now.

The clothes just mean he rushed over from what he was doing. He shows up some minutes after Piccolo starts fighting so it's likely he felt the energies then. That's all.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:04 pm

Kagari wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:25 pm

No he hasn't and no he didn't. This is only some weeks after the ToP. Nothing implied he stopped training. Characters can do more than one thing. Piccolo says Gohan is the strongest on Earth right now.

The clothes just mean he rushed over from what he was doing. He shows up some minutes after Piccolo starts fighting so it's likely he felt the energies then. That's all.
kefla surpasses the power of goku SSB, Vegeta SSB, toppo and Golden frieza according to the words of vados and champa by declaring that kefla could beat everyone in the tournament (except jiren) both feel god ki and also saw the fight of goku ssb and toppo .
kahseral says that kefla is stronger than kale and she humiliates golden frieza ...
Gohan managed to tie his fight with Kefla then ... Gohan managed to surpasses Goku SSB and Vegeta SSB
----------------------------
in fnf it was only a few months
and now he is the third strongest again ..... it always happens when he surpasses his father, they just push him back no wonder
that happened in buu arc and in fnf and now again
... besides that krillin says he was in college and the clothes

Block88
Beyond Newbie

Post by Block88 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:35 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:04 pm

kefla surpasses the power of goku SSB, Vegeta SSB, toppo and Golden frieza according to the words of vados and champa by declaring that kefla could beat everyone in the tournament (except jiren) both feel god ki and also saw the fight of goku ssb and toppo .
kahseral says that kefla is stronger than kale and she humiliates golden frieza ...
Gohan managed to tie his fight with Kefla then ... Gohan managed to surpasses Goku SSB and Vegeta SSB
and now he is the third strongest again ..... it always happens when he surpasses his father, they just push him back no wonder
He has his own life he isn’t gonna trained 24/7 where he has other things to do as well not to mention vegeta has evolution in the manga putting him over gohan and goku probably caught up with vegeta like usual. nothing even hints to him regressing like in Buu and Rof

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:02 pm

Block88 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:35 pm

He has his own life he isn’t gonna trained 24/7 where he has other things to do as well not to mention vegeta has evolution in the manga putting him over gohan and goku probably caught up with vegeta like usual. nothing even hints to him regressing like in Buu and Rof
it happened before ... why it wouldn't happen again?
if the case were that goku and vegeta are now stronger than gohan be anyway it would be the same ... goku and vegeta keep training but gohan doesn't do it anymore so they end up overcoming it

I really can't complain .... the character is just like that

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:06 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:02 pm

if the case were that goku and vegeta are now stronger than gohan be anyway it would be the same ... goku and vegeta keep training but gohan doesn't do it anymore so they end up overcoming it

Again, nothing said he stopped training post ToP. Stop exaggerating and making up something that isn't there.

If anything it's the opposite and he got stronger since Piccolo said he was the strongest on Earth now and 17 was said to be on Goku's level some chapters ago.

Yasai9001
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yasai9001 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:30 pm

:yawn:
supersaiyanZero wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:00 pm I really wish Piccolo would stop being written like a little bitch.
Piccolo's fight here is very synonymous to his battle against Cyborg 17. The main reason why he was bound to lose that fight was due to the fact that 17 had infinite stamina.

With that said, do you expect Piccolo to face off with a guy who has knowledge on Piccolo's entire fighting style and is able to copy such for half an hour? On top of that, he has infinite durability and stamina. Oh, and Moro also powered up his minions with the use of his magic, so there's that as well.

Piccolo did his part and did so rather well, in fact.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:49 pm

Kagari wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:06 pm
Tai Lung wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:02 pm

Again, nothing said he stopped training post ToP. Stop exaggerating and making up something that isn't there.

If anything it's the opposite and he got stronger since Piccolo said he was the strongest on Earth now
How do I supposedly exaggerate? I am analyzing and comparing the statements made before and after ...

Top arc = Gohan >> Vegeta SSB / Goku SSB
moro arc = Vegeta SSB / Goku SSB >> Gohan
Kagari wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:06 pm and 17 was said to be on Goku's level some chapters ago.
when they say that?

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:10 pm

I enjoyed very much the last chapter, I loved seeing the Earth boys having the spotlight for a while, that 7-3 dude seems like a cool addition and definitely not just another henchman.
I did not like that cell phone excuse to not get Tenshinhan involved, they never had much trouble getting in touch with him in the past. Didn't like Bulma messing with Mr. Satan either, why throw him to pretty much his certain death? I hate when characters act like that just for laughs, if anything, he might even distract Krilin and getting killed.

It was refreshingly nice to be entertained without Goku and Vegeta being involved. I'm looking forward to Gohan vs 7-3 even more than to Merus mystery or Vegeta's new technique. I would also like to see Android 17 vs 7-3. Vegeta's journey of calming the fuck down might end in him getting UI?

And as a bonus, it seems Goku not activating UI against Broly implies he was never at risk like he was at the ToP, so that Jiren-Broly dispute seems to be over.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:13 pm

I'm glad to see Gohan fighting in his work clothes. Too often these fights reuse the same close for surprise battles. This feels more organic.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter