"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:22 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:10 pm And as a bonus, it seems Goku not activating UI against Broly implies he was never at risk like he was at the ToP, so that Jiren-Broly dispute seems to be over.
although that has been said in the anime, until now they had not said it in the manga .... it is certainly a good excuse for goku not to achieve ultra instinct

Block88
Beyond Newbie

Post by Block88 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:31 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:02 pm
Block88 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:35 pm
Tai Lung wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:04 pm

kefla surpasses the power of goku SSB, Vegeta SSB, toppo and Golden frieza according to the words of vados and champa by declaring that kefla could beat everyone in the tournament (except jiren) both feel god ki and also saw the fight of goku ssb and toppo .
kahseral says that kefla is stronger than kale and she humiliates golden frieza ...
Gohan managed to tie his fight with Kefla then ... Gohan managed to surpasses Goku SSB and Vegeta SSB
----------------------------
in fnf it was only a few months
and now he is the third strongest again ..... it always happens when he surpasses his father, they just push him back no wonder
that happened in buu arc and in fnf and now again
... besides that krillin says he was in college and the clothes
He has his own life he isn’t gonna trained 24/7 where he has other things to do as well not to mention vegeta has evolution in the manga putting him over gohan and goku probably caught up with vegeta like usual. nothing even hints to him regressing like in Buu and Rof
it happened before ... why it wouldn't happen again?
if the case were that goku and vegeta are now stronger than gohan be anyway it would be the same ... goku and vegeta keep training but gohan doesn't do it anymore so they end up overcoming it

I really can't complain .... the character is just like that
After making a huge deal outta of it in the anime and manga not to mention Toyo had gohan trained since the Black arc ended in the manga
You making up an issue that’s nowhere stated in this chapter
Nothing stated gohan regressed again in this chapter
Vegeta surpassed gohan back in the TOP when he achieved evolution
Goku as usual probably kept up
Gohan probably balance his shit with training and study given he ain’t looking like his ROF self

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:58 pm

Block88 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:31 pm
Block88 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:35 pm
He has his own life he isn’t gonna trained 24/7 where he has other things to do as well not to mention vegeta has evolution in the manga putting him over gohan and goku probably caught up with vegeta like usual. nothing even hints to him regressing like in Buu and Rof
if the case were that goku and vegeta are now stronger than gohan be anyway it would be the same ... goku and vegeta keep training but gohan doesn't do it anymore so they end up overcoming it

After making a huge deal outta of it in the anime and manga not to mention Toyo had gohan trained since the Black arc ended in the manga
Gohan probably balance his shit with training and study given he ain’t looking like his ROF self
the increase in vegeta is relative because I doubt it was too high ..
Anyway, if Goku and Vegeta managed to get over him, what changing what I am saying.?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:56 pm

"Should we contact Yamcha?"

Fucking hell... I mean... why tease like that? :lol:

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:16 am

Lord Beerus wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:56 pm "Should we contact Yamcha?"

I suppose this is now a running joke.

But imagine the punchline being that somewhere down the line he will show up all powered up because he was tired of being ignored and started training seriously.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:20 am

good things about the chapter ....
although some do not like I think piccolo is on character perfectly... he is currently a guardian and he not kills people how before ...
yeah he tried kill babidi but was after some events
pitifully they are losing to vegeta ... but at least the namekian is well represented

the whole thing about cell phones and tien shinhan have been very funny ... more when you realize that DB is modernizing over time

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:44 am

It’s funny how this chapter’s dialogue about how Goku achieved Ultra Instinct fits better with the anime than the manga.
So much for the “Ultra Instinct is the culmination of every teaching Goku received” thing the manga had going on.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:56 am

emperior wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:44 am It’s funny how this chapter’s dialogue about how Goku achieved Ultra Instinct fits better with the anime than the manga.
So much for the “Ultra Instinct is the culmination of every teaching Goku received”. Of course it was always meant to happen on a fluke in Toriyama’s outline.
I wasn’t following the manga’s version of the ToP, Was this the way in which Goku first attained UI in the manga?

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:03 am

shadd21 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:56 am I wasn’t following the manga’s version of the ToP, Was this the way in which Goku first attained UI in the manga?
He attained it by thinking about it in the manga. Roshi gave him a few advices, and he did it, stress free

Block88
Beyond Newbie

Post by Block88 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:29 am

Tai Lung wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:58 pm

Anyway, if Goku and Vegeta managed to get over him, what changing what I am saying.?
Once again ur making up something that isn’t there we just saw gohan back in the chapter with nothing hinting him regressing
Wait until next chapter

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:44 am

Neon Z wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:59 pm Moro was said to have powered up the criminals though.
EXACTLY

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:56 am

I want to see him in action again xD.
Oh and don't forget c-18/17,they could appear too.

p.s. gohan is the strongest on earth? That means that he is better than c-17? Mmm

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:36 am

Gt91 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:56 am

I want to see him in action again xD.
Oh and don't forget c-18/17,they could appear too.

p.s. gohan is the strongest on earth? That means that he is better than c-17? Mmm
We can take it into account as Piccolo was the one who said it. If course, strength-wise Ultimate Gohan in the anime is vastly stronger too. What I mean is that Gohan in the manga doesn't have ultimate, does he? Still 17 is only thought to be superior for his prowess, his infinite stamina and the fact that he was the last man standing. MVP-17 san.
P O W E R

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:13 am

emperior wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:44 am It’s funny how this chapter’s dialogue about how Goku achieved Ultra Instinct fits better with the anime than the manga.
So much for the “Ultra Instinct is the culmination of every teaching Goku received” thing the manga had going on.
That idea, while it may seem thematic, was never touted as the way of UI. Merus clearly explained it last chapter.

Goku: "I gotta empty my heart and mind for that move to work, but when I'm fighting my emotions are all over the place."

Merus: "No, that's not it. Rage, grief, joy... those emotions can translate to enormous power. But the technique you're after is the opposite.

It will activate when you achieve self-control of a shock to your emotions. That's Ultra Instinct."

In a matter of life or death, Goku can likely experience the highest intensity of emotions, and when he brings them under control, that's when he'll achieve Ultra Instinct.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:03 am

I just wanna know who this Merus guy is. Since he knows so much about Ultra Instinct, someone must have taught him how to use it. And if he can’t actually use it, he knows how to achieve it. I also find it funny how Beerus bullshitted about there being a mortal stronger than Goku in U7, and we actually do have a mortal that’s possibly stronger than Goku he didn’t know about.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

BWri

Post by BWri » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:46 am

Zamasu55 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:03 am Piccolo better not job...
Not only did he job out, but he also made mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake, the worst one being leaving all his friends unprotected on the lookout (half of which have no powers) to save Jaco when he knows at minimum Jaco was strong enough to survive a fight with Freeza soldiers so likely strong enough to survive a fall from the lookout. It was overall the most sloppy showing for Piccolo yet, but the deck was also stacked against him with 7-3's cornucopia of buffs. I was hoping after the last chapter that he'd stop making pointless errors, but Toyotaro and Toriyama doubled down on Piccolo being an idiot.

I mostly liked the chapter, but unfortunately it's solidified Piccolo as an idiot. Still, I'm glad to see other characters do something action oriented and even though he and Krillin got their asses kicked, I'm at least grateful they weren't one-shot. I also don't think this is the end for Piccolo in the arc, but man am I tired of him being saved by Gohan.

The Vegeta stuff at the end was funny. Quite enjoyed that. Hoping to see more from Gohan and Tenshinhan ... and maybe some Yamcha too, even though I know that is the new running gag in these team fights to mention but not use him.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

BWri

Post by BWri » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:06 pm

Yasai9001 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:30 pm :yawn:
supersaiyanZero wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:00 pm I really wish Piccolo would stop being written like a little bitch.
Piccolo's fight here is very synonymous to his battle against Cyborg 17. The main reason why he was bound to lose that fight was due to the fact that 17 had infinite stamina.

With that said, do you expect Piccolo to face off with a guy who has knowledge on Piccolo's entire fighting style and is able to copy such for half an hour? On top of that, he has infinite durability and stamina. Oh, and Moro also powered up his minions with the use of his magic, so there's that as well.

Piccolo did his part and did so rather well, in fact.
Yeah, 7-3 was super hacked. When they unveiled the infinite stamina, I knew Piccolo was going to lose because it's just too much. 7-3 just had too many buffs and wasn't reacting to any of his attacks (other than the headbutt). Though it made the fight more interesting at the start, Piccolo shouldn't have been so sloppy as to let his powers get copied right away. 7-3 should've went for Krillin first, he could've got solar flare, then it'd make more sense for him to get the drop on Piccolo so easily if he blinds him first.
Lord Beerus wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:47 pm - OG73-I has a fun, if unoriginal gimmick. But it made the dynamic for his battle with Piccolo incredibly entertaining.
Adam Blade from Needless comes to mind as he also copies other people's abilities with the jewel in his forehead and has insane base strength, though AB tends to headbutt people to steal their powers and keeps them permanently so he can mix and match what he gets.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:38 pm

Block88 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:29 am
Once again ur making up something that isn’t there we just saw gohan back in the chapter with nothing hinting him regressing
Wait until next chapter
I don't invent the dialogues .... he going from being the first to the third stronger, seems enough to me.
It is simple everything about roshi and goku on the top arc never made sense if it is assumed that goku should not get the UI by own will ... and apparently it is already discarded.

Block88
Beyond Newbie

Post by Block88 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:59 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:38 pm
Block88 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:29 am

Wait until next chapter
I don't invent the dialogues .... he going from being the first to the third stronger, seems enough to me.
It is simple everything about roshi and goku on the top arc never made sense if it is assumed that goku should not get the UI by own will ... and apparently it is already discarded.
And nothing stated he was truly stronger than goku and vegeta Hell krillin comment in the saga indicated he wasn’t far above them

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:00 pm

BWri wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:46 am
Zamasu55 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:03 am Piccolo better not job...
Not only did he job out, but he also made mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake, the worst one being leaving all his friends unprotected on the lookout (half of which have no powers) to save Jaco when he knows at minimum Jaco was strong enough to survive a fight with Freeza soldiers so likely strong enough to survive a fall from the lookout. It was overall the most sloppy showing for Piccolo yet, but the deck was also stacked against him with 7-3's cornucopia of buffs. I was hoping after the last chapter that he'd stop making pointless errors, but Toyotaro and Toriyama doubled down on Piccolo being an idiot.
As someone who's really invested in this character and painfully aware of how unfavorably he's been written, I don't see how this chapter was so bad for him. The only mistake he made was not being more careful with getting grabbed by the neck, which can be chalked up to 73 being faster than he suspected- he was distracted at the time.
Also, he didn't abandon his friends, he went after Jaco because he thought he was in immediate danger of falling to his death, and two of the attackers followed them down- if anything, this drew danger away from the Lookout so it would've been worse if he went back up there . Guess he trusted Kuririn enough to handle one .
What exactly made you think he was written like an idiot.