Gloria "La Madrina" Rocha... Child Abuser?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Gloria "La Madrina" Rocha... Child Abuser?

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:56 pm

Not SEXUAL mind you... but she did pinch and hit Miguel Angel Leal, when he couldnt perform as Tai very well, it got to the point where Circe Luna and Isabel Martiñon (Of Pan and Bra Fame) had to defend him. He couldnt act, or even laugh so he quit or was replaced by Gerry Meza who could act a bit better.

https://youtu.be/wtwJ9i5EC9A?t=2785

What do you think of this? Is he good, bad or horrible? What do you think?

Oh and she directed Dragon Ball. That is the thing that ties this to Kanzenshuu.

EDIT: All the actors and directors mentioned worked for the LATIN AMERICAN dubs of both Franchises.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Tian
Advanced Regular

Re: Gloria "La Madrina" Rocha... Child Abuser?

Post by Tian » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:48 pm

Don't really think this can be tied to Dragon Ball since this happened during the production of Digimon's dub.

The only bad stuff about Gloria Rocha that can be tied to the DB franchise would be that she cast Mario Castañeda (Goku's VA) in a time they were both in a feud and she still denies that feud happened and the way she treated Eduardo Garza (Krillin's VA) during the auditions where she was looking for a replacement for Rossy Aguirre because she thought her voice wasn't longer fitting to the character.

Good voice director but as a person... dunno what to say.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:51 pm

Tian wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:48 pm Don't really think this can be tied to Dragon Ball since this happened during the production of Digimon's dub.

The only bad stuff about Gloria Rocha that can be tied to the DB franchise would be that she cast Mario Castañeda (Goku's VA) in a time they were both in a feud and she still denies that feud happened and the way she treated Eduardo Garza (Krillin's VA) during the auditions where she was looking for a replacement for Rossy Aguirre because she thought her voice wasn't longer fitting to the character.

Good voice director but as a person... dunno what to say.
I want to hear this one! Can you elaborate?
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:06 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:51 pm I want to hear this one! Can you elaborate?
I recall I heard it in one of Garza's many interviews. It was one where he was interviewed by another voice actor but don't remember who at the moment but I remember he said she seemed disgusted with his presence during the auditions and didn't even care to call him by his name.

If I find that interview, I'll share it here as soon as I find it.

About the Castañeda and Rocha's feud, Mario mentioned here in the fourth question:
https://realpolitik.com.ar/nota/38277/m ... -entregas/

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:16 am

Is it the Alejandro Graue interview? I remember that one, but I dont remember Gloria being so nasty...

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:22 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:16 am Is it the Alejandro Graue interview? I remember that one, but I dont remember Gloria being so nasty...
I'm pretty sure it wasn't the interview with Graue because in the interview I mentioned, the actor was Mexican and it wasn't recorded in a studio.