Can Vegeta Defeat Beerus In A Fight Now?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Can Vegeta Defeat Beerus In A Fight Now?

Post by theherodjl » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:05 am

Since Vegeta has improved his strength between the ToP & Namek and is currently training to learn some special new techniques on Yardrat, do you suppose SSJBE Vegeta + whatever new abilities he gets from Yardrat would allow him to defeat Beerus in a simple fight(barring the use of energy of destruction) at this point?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: Can Vegeta Defeat Beerus In A Fight Now?

Post by Lionel » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:16 am

I doubt it. Vegeta is probably stronger by some indeterminate amount but I don't think he's powerful enough to take on Beerus. The Yardratians have bizarre abilities but so far all we've seen are akin to what others like Tenshinhan and Piccolo have already used.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:05 am

Since you're bringing up the Moro arc, I assume this focuses on the manga version, in which Vegeta seems to currently be stronger than non-UI Goku, so...
No.

Despite getting stronger since his previous fight with Beerus (right before the ToP) and managing to power up his SSB during the ToP itself, I don't see any way for Vegeta to now be strong enough to win, not against a serious Beerus. He has gotten stronger, but I don't see it being to that degree.
As far as Yardrat's techniques go, there's no way for us to know how they'd affect the outcome yet, as we have no idea what Vegeta's going to learn. But I suspect that Vegeta will just jump to the "maybe he could beat Beerus but we'll never show you" level of power, right alongside Broly.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:37 pm

theherodjl wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:05 am Since Vegeta has improved his strength between the ToP & Namek and is currently training to learn some special new techniques on Yardrat, do you suppose SSJBE Vegeta + whatever new abilities he gets from Yardrat would allow him to defeat Beerus in a simple fight(barring the use of energy of destruction) at this point?
1) Yes, a completely serious Beyond Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta would be enough to defeat Hakaishin Beerus. As I seriously doubt that the gap between Vegeta from after the Tournament of Power Saga and the overhyped Beerus is still insurmountable.

2) But in all honesty, Vegeta would have been able to not only have defeated Beerus, but also replaced the God of Destruction as soon as the Dragon Ball Super series began. For if Vegeta had swallowed his pride and used the four to five years between the death of Kid Buu and the birthday of his wife to have gotten to train with Son Goku, Vegeta would have been able to gain mastery over his Super Saiyan 2 form, before being able to achieve Super Saiyan 3 and taking his time in order to master Super Saiyan 3 to be able to get rid of it's infamous drawbacks so as to be able to utilize the true power of Super Saiyan 3, and to truly become Son Goku's rival. (As Son Goku would have been a bit more powerful than Vegeta from Son Goku having achieved Super Saiyan 3 before Vegeta.) Vegito, through the use of the Earth's set of Dragon Balls, would have been Vegeta's second training partner. For I am sure that Vegeta would have been more comfortable to train with Vegito than with Son Goku as Vegito was in fact half him and would have been able to understand him better. Son Goku, Vegeta, and Vegito would have worked together to have truly pushed their eventually fully-mastered Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2, and Super Saiyan 3 forms to their respective absolute pinnacles, which would have been enough training for either of them to have used any of their three Mastered Super Saiyan forms for as long as they wanted and without any drawbacks to speak of. Son Gohan, would have been convinced to have trained in his free time with Son Goku, Vegeta, and Vegito within the Hyperbolic Time Chamber from his father, his former enemy, or his half-father simply reminding Son Gohan of his very long history of letting his arrogance get the best of him and paying the price for it with the death of one of his loved ones, not to mention not training himself hard enough to get rid of that fatal flaw of his in the first place. Son Goku, Vegeta, Vegito, and Son Gohan spending some of their time together in the Room of Spirit and Time in the form of training with one another would have been able to have allowed each of them to even have surpassed the utmost limits of Super Saiyan 3 and barely be able to tap into a new form of Super Saiyan known as Super Saiyan God, but would have been called Super Saiyan 4 by Son Goku, Vegeta, Vegito, and Son Gohan, with Son Gohan having been taught how to master his Super Saiyan forms in order to catch up to Son Goku, Vegeta, and Vegito. Trunks Brief, who would have been interested to train with his best friend's father, his father, his half-father, and his best friend's older brother, would have been able to show to everyone around him that he in fact had more potential than Son Gohan by how fast he would have been able to have caught up to his seniors. Son Goten, would have been the next Z Fighter to join and get some training done after Son Goku and Vegito would have a talk with Son Chi-Chi. The second son of Son Goku would have shown more potential than Son Gohan and Trunks Brief by achieving Super Saiyan 2 in only a matter of days from having been conceived when Son Goku had already mastered Super Saiyan. Gotenks, would have been disciplined until becoming a true warrior when it would have been his time to have trained with the other Saiyan Z Fighters, especially since he reminded everyone of an even more immature version of Vegeta. With Gotenks being capable of not only catching up to everyone that he would have been training with, but also surpassing them from taking full advantage of his incredible potential. Before even the likes of Mr. Buu would have been visited and asked to be recruited into this several year-long training program with the promise of him being able to eat all of the healthy and junk food he wanted, which would have allowed the older members of the Z Fighters to have their revenge against Mr. Buu by beating him in a fair fight in the form of a friendly sparring match against him. Especially upon Mr. Buu looking more and more like a domesticated Super Buu as time went on. With Mr. Buu having reached the very same realm of power as Super Vegito from the time of the Majin Buu Arc by the time of when Hakaishin Beerus would have come to Earth in search of the Super Saiyan God. (Which would have not changed as those that would have achieved Super Saiyan God would have used it in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber from barely being able to control the form in the first place and thus allowing them to not alert Hakaishin Beerus and Whis several years too early.) Before Son Goku, who would have been at Bulma's Birthday in this timeline from having grown closer with his family and friends from having trained with many of them, would have cycled through his now four mastered forms of Super Saiyan upon having been by challenged by the Hakaishin known as Beerus, or knowing Son Goku, the other way around as in Son Goku having challenged the GoD himself. That would have ended with Son Goku barely having lost against Hakaishin Beerus and Vegeta stepping up to the plate to be the next to fight the now exhausted GoD. With Vegeta taking his fight against Hakaishin Beerus more seriously than what Son Goku did not too long ago and using his Mastered Super Saiyan God form right from the get go, which would have enabled him to have beaten the Destroyer after an intense battle that would have caused Vegito and the other powerful Z Fighters to have done some serious damage control from Hakaishin Beerus' growing desperation. Which would have ended with FPSSJG Vegeta having beaten the Hakaishin to the point that Whis would have been forced to have stepped in to heal Hakaishin Beerus or better yet, ask the one who had humiliated him and left him to die to become the next GoD of Universe Seven.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:07 pm

Alruneia wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:05 am Since you're bringing up the Moro arc, I assume this focuses on the manga version, in which Vegeta seems to currently be stronger than non-UI Goku, so...
No.

Despite getting stronger since his previous fight with Beerus (right before the ToP) and managing to power up his SSB during the ToP itself, I don't see any way for Vegeta to now be strong enough to win, not against a serious Beerus. He has gotten stronger, but I don't see it being to that degree.
If we consider the outcome of the Hakaishin free for all, Belmod was the only one unscathed while Beerus was beat up quite a bit. Whether that be because Belmod simply weaseled his way through the commotion and faked getting KOed in the scuffle or was actually powerful to tank the chaos, a fair assessment would be that Belmod is at least comparable to Beerus in strength. Jiren is stated to be Belmod's superior in strength and Jiren certainly is hyped up by Belmod to be a living embodiment of raw power in U11, a possible indication that Jiren isn't just one peg stronger than Belmod but multiple. If Jiren is in fact two(or three or even four) pegs above Belmod and if SSJBE Vegeta managed to push Jiren to actually be serious up until that point, couldn't the idea of Vegeta having a couple arcs to improve as well as some new tricks allow him to successfully challenge non-"Hakai" Beerus?

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:53 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No.

Nazi Cola
Advanced Regular

Post by Nazi Cola » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:23 pm

I highly doubt it. Complete Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta got one-tapped by Beerus prior to the Tournament of Power, when Beerus only got slightly serious. I don't think Vegeta has improved by leaps and bounds since, even with his discovery of Blue Evolved. He may put up a much better fighter (one can wish), but it will probably not be enough to actually threaten Beerus' reign.
CatouttaHell wrote:I guess he's just impossibly powerful and he now gets thrills from letting things go as much to hell as possible before busting out his ultimate power and ending the villain or some shit.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:23 pm

Has Vegeta mastered Ultra Instinct? Because until he does or learn something that is the equivalent, that's a no.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:09 pm

How much "plot ki" are we gracing him with?
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:41 am

Cursed Lemon wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:09 pm How much "plot ki" are we gracing him with?
Although it is from the anime, SSJBE Vegeta demonstrated that he can not only cancel out energy of destruction but also overwhelm & deactivate a newly-formed Hakaishin by pushing his Ki to a very nearly-suicidal extent. Assuming Manga Vegeta was also drawing on this maximum level of Ki then I guess that is how much.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:57 am

theherodjl wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:41 am
Cursed Lemon wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:09 pm How much "plot ki" are we gracing him with?
Although it is from the anime, SSJBE Vegeta demonstrated that he can not only cancel out energy of destruction but also overwhelm & deactivate a newly-formed Hakaishin by pushing his Ki to a very nearly-suicidal extent. Assuming Manga Vegeta was also drawing on this maximum level of Ki then I guess that is how much.
Toppo was holding back though, to avoid killing.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:53 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:57 amToppo was holding back though, to avoid killing.
Yeah, to avoid killing or destroying. Toppo was giving it his all besides these two limitations. Freeza also gave it his all but made sure to miss the vitals of his opponents, it shouldn't be different for Toppo.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:58 am

The issue rests on whether or not Jiren could beat Beerus. Vegeta wouldn't beat Jiren.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:08 am

Cursed Lemon wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:58 am The issue rests on whether or not Jiren could beat Beerus. Vegeta wouldn't beat Jiren.
Well, when Jiren unleashed a powerful wind current from his body, Beerus seemed to be crapping his pants a little at the idea that one person could have that much power and this is coming from a guy who knows a couple dozen other beings on par with & stronger than himself.
I wouldn't be surprised if Jiren could face off against Beerus & Belmod at the same time.

Mac
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mac » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:52 pm

He'd do a bit better, but probably still lose. I can't imagine they're crazy far off from Beerus at this point though.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:56 pm

No. Vegeta couldn't beat Jiren so he ain't touching Beerus. And it shouldn't even matter if he can beat Beerus.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:32 pm

We have no idea how strong Vegeta is right now. In the anime, he managed to defeat a God of Destruction level fighter, but couldn’t defeat Jiren, who is also at that level. Maybe even Jiren can’t defeat Beerus.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:22 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:32 pm We have no idea how strong Vegeta is right now. In the anime, he managed to defeat a God of Destruction level fighter, but couldn’t defeat Jiren, who is also at that level. Maybe even Jiren can’t defeat Beerus.
How I see it as. I place these GoDs and angels in this category.

GoD

0 means you are an apprentice. While 10 is a master or high tier GoD.

I have GoD Toppo as a 0 or 1. While Vegeta, after his rage boost, he was a 2. Most GoD’s are a 6 and above. Beerus in my opinion is an 8-9. And Jiren, before breaking his limits was a 8.5 After was a 10. While MUI Goku after his rage/friend boost, was a 0 on the Angel Scale. I feel Vegeta as of now is a 3, maybe a 3.5. Even if he gains new techniques. Beerus is far too strong for him and far more skilled.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:28 pm

Berserker1921 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:22 pm
Hugo Boss wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:32 pm We have no idea how strong Vegeta is right now. In the anime, he managed to defeat a God of Destruction level fighter, but couldn’t defeat Jiren, who is also at that level. Maybe even Jiren can’t defeat Beerus.

GoD

I have GoD Toppo as a 0 or 1. While Vegeta, after his rage boost, he was a 2. Most GoD’s are a 6 and above. Beerus in my opinion is an 8-9. And Jiren, before breaking his limits was a 8.5 After was a 10. While MUI Goku after his rage/friend boost, was a 0 on the Angel Scale. I feel Vegeta as of now is a 3, maybe a 3.5. Even if he gains new techniques. Beerus is far too strong for him and far more skilled.
I suppose Beerus being in utter awe of Jiren's strength and questioning if one person really has that much power(while Jiren is still suppressed mind you and long before he broke past his limits) doesn't count?

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:28 pm

theherodjl wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:28 pm
Berserker1921 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:22 pm

GoD

I suppose Beerus being in utter awe of Jiren's strength and questioning if one person really has that much power(while Jiren is still suppressed mind you and long before he broke past his limits) doesn't count?
No, as I see it. I think he was worried about his team. Listen, we don’t know how strong Jiren was. Some stuff say he was above all gods. Some other stuff claim, he’s only stronger than belmond. Personally in that situation, I think Beerus was freaking out, because he knew his team at the time had nothing on jiren. Before going to the TOP, he was sure that his team or universe had a 60-70% chance of winning.

Probably thought Toppo and Hit were the only true threats to worry about. And for the most part he was right. Save for the fusions and Jiren. Those two were the most dangerous fighters at the time. However, he was confident that Goku, Vegeta, and Frieza could handle them. But when Jiren, actually started to try. Or show a glimpse of his true power, Beerus freaked out. It wasn’t that he was scared of Jiren’s power on a personal level. He was worried about his team.