Have you any Outstanding Ratings Data for Dragon Ball (Outside of JAPAN)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Have you any Outstanding Ratings Data for Dragon Ball (Outside of JAPAN)

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:10 pm

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ps-ratings

I love seeing ratings data for Dragon Ball. As someone who wants to work on TV one day, they are pretty fun to look at and discuss.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Robo4900
I Live Here

Re: Have you any Outstanding Ratings Data for Dragon Ball (Outside of JAPAN)

Post by Robo4900 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:58 pm

Well, the Japanese ratings in terms of audience share on first airings is available on the Kanzenshuu episode guide. :)
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:22 pm

I dont know why but you were one of the members I was hoping to attract with this thread! And It worked!

Does anyone have any UK ratings? I heard 300K people watched.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:26 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:22 pm I dont know why but you were one of the members I was hoping to attract with this thread! And It worked!
tips hat
Cheers, matey.
Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:22 pm Does anyone have any UK ratings? I heard 300K people watched.
We'll have to see if he pops up in this thread to see where he got it, as he didn't cite his sources, but a user called DBZimran did a video on YouTube about Toonami UK's history, in which he showed some ratings data.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:43 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:10 pm http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ps-ratings

I love seeing ratings data for Dragon Ball. As someone who wants to work on TV one day, they are pretty fun to look at and discuss.
Wish I had a chart over ratings in France as evidence but I can say it was damn high in the first run there.

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:59 am

DBZ ratings were pretty high in Singapore & Malaysia back then...rivalled only by Pokemon. But I dunno how to retrieve the data man...but I cannot say the same for Kai😅 cuz most kids that enjoyed Z in 90's have grown into adults...and kids these days, 2K kids especially have watched Naruto, Bleach, OP, AoT etc...that being said, Kai remains in weekly top 10 or top 15 list I guess. Dat much I am sure

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:21 am

Have you gotten a lot of feedback from people who've been fans of the series for a long time?
We have. We've gotten a lot of feedback, and for the most part, it's been very positive, which we're glad to see. I think a lot of people appreciate the fact that we are trying to keep as much as we can, and trying to keep the spirit of the original animation, within TV's boundaries. I think most people have noticed that. And the show's done extremely well- we were the number 1 syndicated show last week. Then again, obviously, there are some die-hard anime fans who would really rather see the uncut version, and for that we're working with Pioneer. Pioneer is releasing uncut versions of the episodes as well as the TV versions, so for people who want to see the show uncut, that'll also be readily available. For the uncut versions, they do a second recording. Pioneer basically oversees the anime script, and we coordinate to some extent with them.
As a closing message, I would like to say to viewers that we appreciate your response, and it has made a difference! Many of you have e-mailed us with your opinions and comments (FUNimation.net), and written to TV stations, which helps them know how popular the shows are with the viewers. For this we are extremely grateful. Many of your opinions have been forwarded to TV programmers, toy manufacturers, and others who take serious stock in what you say. We have made a serious effort to respond to all of your letters, although at times we may fall behind because of the large amount of mail. However, we do read each and every letter we receive, so keep your comments coming! Currently, there are discussions underway for the release of more Dragon Ball shows to complement our Dragon Ball Z shows. Your letters and comments are important in this regard.

We are updating our web page at present so that you will be able to download cool graphics and audio from the shows, as well as find the latest news and information on Dragon Sell Z...so you'll know as soon as we know! Many of you have asked where you can get merchandise for Dragon Ball Z. We have just made a preliminary agreement for many new lines of Dragon Ball Z merchandise, all of which will be available for sale everywhere very soon! And we expect a broader release of our new Dragon Ball GT game, available for the Sony PlayStation.

So thanks for your support! Hopefully, together we can get many more episodes of Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, and eventually Dragon Ball GT on the shelves and available to everyone, both cut and uncut. Because as you know, Akira Toriyama's Dragon Ball series is just unbelievably good!