"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeogran
I Live Here

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Xeogran » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:22 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:58 pmYuki Kadota, Heroes writer admitted Trunks was supposed to get SSJ4 this anniversary, but they couldn't work out the hair/fur color so they decided to give him SSG.
What is it with Trunks and coloring problems? He's had like 5 hair colors by now :lol:

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:11 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:08 pm
Gohan123 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:39 pm https://youtu.be/MkjAf3hk80k
SSG Trunks appeared in 2.31
Mechibakura new form in 13.30
Really curious about what happens, it seems like Mechikabula lets himself be absorbed by Fin. Also weird that they didn't give Trunks SSG as a special unit during the Mechikabula fight.

Fin didn’t absorb mechikabura, fin absorbed/released the power from the shadow dragons from the data towa already had

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:54 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:58 pm
Gohan123 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:34 pm

Really curious about what happens, it seems like Mechikabula lets himself be absorbed by Fin. Also weird that they didn't give Trunks SSG as a special unit during the Mechikabula fight.
Did you don't check on the last part Mira talking with Fin ?
I actually missed that. The plot thickens.

So, I found this tweet in Spanish that claims that Yuki Kadota, Heroes writer admitted Trunks was supposed to get SSJ4 this anniversary, but they couldn't work out the hair/fur color so they decided to give him SSG. I'm assuming is from the SDBH guide recently released so hopefully, someone will be able to confirm the veracity of the claim. But man, if it is true, is such a lame explanation.
I really REALLY hope they didn't just decide to ditch SS4 because they couldn't decide about some hair color, if anything i could see the hair shape being more of a problem, whatever the case if it's true then it really is another Pan situation where they couldn't decide on some character trait and 20 years later she stayerd the same because of it, guess i should get used to no Trunks SS4 ever..........

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:45 am

I've updated UVM11 story dialogue from NEXT's channel. Feel free to read it, seems like we are reaching the climax!
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:58 pm
Gohan123 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:34 pm

Did you don't check on the last part Mira talking with Fin ?
I actually missed that. The plot thickens.

So, I found this tweet in Spanish that claims that Yuki Kadota, Heroes writer admitted Trunks was supposed to get SSJ4 this anniversary, but they couldn't work out the hair/fur color so they decided to give him SSG. I'm assuming is from the SDBH guide recently released so hopefully, someone will be able to confirm the veracity of the claim. But man, if it is true, is such a lame explanation.
Would be interesting if that is true. If someone can provide the scan I'd be glad to take a look at that portion.
Gohan123 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:04 pm
Majin Demigra wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:20 pm
Gohan123 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:55 am I have question about story.

According to DB wiki Demon Mechibakura happened before prison saga? Is is really true ?
Mechi happened long before this
This current arc according to DB wiki is called Dark King Mechibakura Saga.

https://dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/Prison_Planet_Saga

It is set after the Galactic Patrol Prisoner Saga of Dragon Ball Superand the Dark King Mechikabura Saga of Super Dragon Ball Heroes.
There's really solid to indicate whether it happened before or after Prison Planet. Though with the way things are going... I'm guessing Prison Planet happened before in a filler-like manner for the Time Patrol.
Noitsnothim wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:36 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_KNLrwF4o0

anything new? Majin Ozotto is back !!!
I'll get to translations for UVM10-11 Univ. Surv. arc soon. Sorry I've been busy and prioritizing DDR but I will try to get to them as soon as possible.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:32 am

Thanks for the translations!

Although I must say, this was rather anticlimatic. No real explanation on why Trunks had to go SSG and he didn't seem to do much anyways.

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:27 am

Am I missing something? When were Kamioren and Cumber defeated exactly? In the game, I mean.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:20 am

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:58 pm So, I found this tweet in Spanish that claims that Yuki Kadota, Heroes writer admitted Trunks was supposed to get SS4 this anniversary, but they couldn't work out the hair/fur color so they decided to give him SSG. I'm assuming is from the SDBH guide recently released so hopefully, someone will be able to confirm the veracity of the claim. But man, if it is true, is such a lame explanation.
"Source(s): Dude trust me" and all that, but I'd believe it. It's really not easy to settle on one colour combination for SS4 Trunks. I made some combinations myself a few months back and ended up with 5-6 roughly equally supported combinations, so no clear "winner". Which isn't too bad in my case, since with fanart we have the ability to make multiple versions so people can just look at the one they like, but official designs don't have that luxury, they have to pick just one. And no matter what combination they pick, they'll upset people who'd really prefer another. It's a no-win, so just going over to SSG instead is much safer.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:01 am

I'm laughing my ass off because even going with the SSG route they still fucked up Trunks' hair colour both in-game and in promotional art (at least, if we go by the animated interpretation of SSG, the manga cover actually suggested that Vegeta and Goku had different shades of red/magenta).

But I do understand them in a way. After SS4 Vegetto last year, it's hard to imagine SS4 Trunks being worth any hype at all on the story itself.
Zamasu55 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:27 am Am I missing something? When were Kamioren and Cumber defeated exactly? In the game, I mean.
Cumber was defeated by Golden Metal Cooler, who overheated himself just like in the anime. However, it happened on U7, with Super Hearts aiding Cumber and fighting Goku, Jiren and Hit as well.

UI Goku defeated Ultimate Kamioren iirc.
Last edited by MisteryOne on Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:10 am

Also, Mechikaboola is getting ugiler and uglier imho. His original young form already looked better that his Darkness one, but this Dark-hole thing... He doesn't even look threating anymore. He just looks silly. Trough I'm still very curious as to who will finally defeat him and, more importantly, what will they come up with next.

Correct me if I'm wrong but he has been the villain for the entirety of the "Super" section of the game, right? I assume that the new Big Bang stuff will have a new villain, but it just feels kinda weird imagining the Xenos fighting something else at this point.

Either way, I'm really curious about the dialogue between Fin and Miira at the end, and what will happen in UM12 regarding the Conflict part. I don't see Gogeta losing after the hype he got, but I guess they can always go the lame route and haveI him defuse or something.
Kenneth La Torre wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:52 pm
MisteryOne wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:48 pm
Kenneth La Torre wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:04 pm
it would ruin anything because fusion in the game was never beat. only the anime ruined it. if gogeta beats hearts it will be ok by game standards, only the anime suffers from that.
That is not the issue, tho? The point is that vanilla Blue Gogeta can't be that strong, specially if you consider Hearts at the very least should get a similar power boost to the one Kamioren got, which was pretty insane. And before absorbing the Universal Seed, Super Hearts was strong enough to face Goku, Jiren and Hit (while Cumbe faced Cooler).

Now consider that Jiren fought Meged Zamasu, SS3 Full Power Cumber and normal Hearts just by himself. That alone means Super Hearts is way stonger than his normal self. (Also worth nothing that Zamasu in the game was strong enough to face Hakaishin Toppo and Dyspo).

Blue Vegetto didn't lose against Cumber, but he didn't win either as Cumber himself pointed out. Fuu interrumped that battle. And that was only SS1 Cumber. UI Goku fought SS3 Cumber which would imply that UI> Blue Fusion as well, unless now we need to take in mind some type of overcomplicated Blue Dance>UI> Blue Potara thing...

Gogeta just can't win alone considering how insanely powerful Godslayer Hearts should be. Again, not with normal Blue at the very least. If he uses another form, it would not be an issue.

To sum it up: it isn't just a minor inconsistence, it would go against almost all of the previous battles regarding Hearts and Goku themselves.
you are putting logic into power scalinvg when there is none. UI has never been Objectively beyond fusion, its just that that is how it was made for a certain mission. look at ssj4 xeno vegito, fighting ssj3 cumber despite ssj4 xeno goku losing to ssb goku.

like the comments above, there is no set in stone power scaling. it will always change
Lmao I love how at first you were trying to put logic on it yourself and once you got it would not work you retracted. It just shows how fucked up this Gogeta Blue thing is.

It isn't just that UI is beyond Fusion or not. Reread my comment again and you would say there is a whole lot of issues if Gogeta Blue defeats Hearts. Cumber, Jiren, and many others powerlevels and showings will not make sense suddenly. Hearts was a monster even before going Ultimate.

Xeno Vegetto facing SS3 Cumber is a little inconsistence compared to how badly Blue Gogeta defeating Ultimate Hearts would be (not o mention, it DOES make sense since they were fighting SS1 Cumber while the Blues could not keep up with his Base form). That was my entire point. It isn't as simple as UI being stronger than Fusion or not.

Also, I love how you just randomly decided that there is not set power scaling when there is (was) one clearly. The only issue arcade-wise is that the Xenos are suddenly massively stronger than the Blues upon their return...and you can even make up some easy excuses for that since we don't know what they were doing. You can't make excuses for Gogeta, however.

To sum it up, let's not pretent that the arcade was a mess in logic like the anime because it wasn't. I can perfectly use logic because until now, there was. That whole "it will always change" and "there is nothing set" is objetively and completely false until, again, now with Gogeta.

I get that this is Heroes and is pure fanservice at the end of the day, but I just don't get why you guys are getting defensive with Gogeta.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:00 am

MisteryOne wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:10 amI get that this is Heroes and is pure fanservice
People rarely has a point whenever a claim like this is made. Like you said, it is either objectively and completely false or we can use that (idiotic) claim to "explain" anything in this modern franchise, as nonsense can be found anywhere.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:59 pm

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:59 pm

Grimlock wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:00 am nonsense can be found anywhere.
and its easier to find when there are many writers interpreting each character. it is bound to happen. its inevitable.

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:31 pm

Also, Mechikaboola is getting ugiler and uglier imho. His original young form already looked better that his Darkness one, but this Dark-hole thing... He doesn't even look threating anymore. He just looks silly. Trough I'm still very curious as to who will finally defeat him and, more importantly, what will they come up with next.

Correct me if I'm wrong but he has been the villain for the entirety of the "Super" section of the game, right? I assume that the new Big Bang stuff will have a new villain, but it just feels kinda weird imagining the Xenos fighting something else at this point.

Either way, I'm really curious about the dialogue between Fin and Miira at the end, and what will happen in UM12 regarding the Conflict part. I don't see Gogeta losing after the hype he got, but I guess they can always go the lame route and haveI him defuse or something.

I think that's kinda the point, he is absorbing more and more dark energy in order to be stronger and he is changing litle by litle to a more monstruous form each time, that cutscene in the game you can see some black shadow starts to appear on the sides of his face, reminds me of corrupted Zamasu, kinda expect him to transform once more into a bigger, uglier, stronger demon right in the climax, yet at the same time i don't think he would transform once more after he just did at the end of the last one but i would like to think so.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:38 pm

Dragotaker wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:31 pm

I think that's kinda the point, he is absorbing more and more dark energy in order to be stronger and he is changing litle by litle to a more monstruous form each time, that cutscene in the game you can see some black shadow starts to appear on the sides of his face, reminds me of corrupted Zamasu, kinda expect him to transform once more into a bigger, uglier, stronger demon right in the climax, yet at the same time i don't think he would transform once more after he just did at the end of the last one but i would like to think so.
Which would make sense as by now, we have only seen Demigra use a monster demon form. Having Mechikaboola achieve a similar state of using 100% and every ounce of his power to go Giant Demon God or something would be understandable. Heck I think that him reaching Makyouka/Transcended Demon God as his final makes more sense.

The way I see it:

He was an Elder>He reverted to his Prime=Base>He powered up once (I think) =Demon God > final state = makyouka (less of a giant demon God, but I guess that part can be skipped)
P O W E R

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:15 am

Ok, is confirmed

https://twitter.com/Cipher_db/status/11 ... 8581142529
Cypher wrote:From the recent DB Heroes 9th anniversary book:

The original plan for Trunks: Xeno's super form was to go with Super Saiyan 4, but decisions such as what to do with the hair color ("Should it stay purple? Turn black?") led to it being scrapped in favor of Super Saiyan God.
This is also pretty interesting
Cypher wrote:In the next update, the Xeno characters and Universal Conflict arc characters will truly be meeting up, so they wanted a character who would be a fitting symbol of the merger.
https://twitter.com/Cipher_db/status/11 ... 7363027968

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:42 am

In situations like this, I would just bother Toriyama, Nakatsuru or someone else at Shueisha/Toei to know what to do with a possible Super Saiyan 4 Trunks. :P I mean, it was never stated and confirmed that the black hair of Super Saiyan 4 comes from the color of the base form, and even if it was, Gogeta would have already screwed that "rule".

Not getting any proper answer from neither entity mentioned, I would make Super Saiyan 4 Trunks' hair black, just for the sake of (false) "consistency", keeping Gogeta the only one different, thus avoiding randomness.

Anyway, bringing together these two storylines will make a great finale in UM12. I wanted to see more interactions between the Dragon Ball Super characters and the post-GT ones, so this'll be an opportunity for it. I do hope whoever is still alive also appears (Cumber, Ozotto, Cooler and etc), I don't want everyone against Hearts. I expect a big battle royale-type of scenario to wrap things up.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:22 am

This is most interesting. The meet up sounds good. I truly wonder what will be the reason behind it. Could Fu pull the strings again? Will it be that Ultimate Godslayer Hearts tries to change reality to suit his liking? Could it be that the empowered Darkness Mechikaboola will form a rift in realities?

I guess that this would either require him to die and cause all this damage or actually still be alive. I don't know, but seeing interactions of the Demon Realm villains with the Super ones sends shivers down my spine. I like the idea. I hope that we will get to see all these Demon Realm characters animated, even for a while.
P O W E R

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:59 am

I should really buy the 9th Anniversary book, too, shouldn't I? :( It just seems like there's way too much interesting info waiting to be divulged with the rest of the international community. But I know if I start buying it, I won't be able to stop collecting it (just like with the DB & DBS voumes)... but I'll prob do it later at some point.

I hope Cipher and other sources can share the secrets behind the scenes and what we can expect further ahead in the future. Regardless, I earnestly hope they can still do SS4 XTrunks eventually.

Also, they just keep getting more and more grand with the names, don't they. First Galaxy, then Universe, now Big Bang... what'll be next, Primordial Singularity Mission? :lol: :lol: :lol: :think:
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:09 pm

Cipher wrote:Since Trunks isn't a pure Saiyan, Kusao wonders if we might see a conflict between his warrior-race ancestry and his Earthling heart.
That would be interesting! It would give more and nice depth to the Super Saiyan God form itself and its lore. Just don't represent this conflict by gradually changing the magenta/pink hair into another color, though. We have enough recolors. Represent it by... I don't know... actions maybe? Some kind of "long" inner thoughts.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:33 pm

Ok, is confirmed

https://twitter.com/Cipher_db/status/11 ... 8581142529

From the recent DB Heroes 9th anniversary book:

The original plan for Trunks: Xeno's super form was to go with Super Saiyan 4, but decisions such as what to do with the hair color ("Should it stay purple? Turn black?") led to it being scrapped in favor of Super Saiyan God.
Ok, now this is some BS, just the fact they were considering making his hair black makes my head hurt just why???? i was already annoyed enough when they decided to make V4 hair black instead of red like Gogeta but this would have truly ruined the whole thing for me, the worst part??? No SS4 Trunks anytime soon, if ever, all because they couldn't decide of a color, which makes me think if the problem was the color that means they already had the design made right? like with the outfit, hairstyle and everything else, they should have put an sketch of it on the anniverary guide just to show us what could have been since god knows it's gonna be one of those forgotten things like Ozotto that took decades to come back.