"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DNA
I Live Here

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by DNA » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:13 am

I feel that the villains in Heroes series are becoming a little too SATAM toon for my taste. You just foil their plans, they curse you and then come back next week to kick a puppy or polute a river.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:05 am

Finally translated the UVM10-11 dialogue for the Universe Survival arc. From the typical videos, UVM10 seemed pretty short so if anybody can find videos that show more dialogue online I'd be glad to add to it. Of course I could try to catch up on the arcade... but at my given level & set of cards I'd get slaughtered and I don't have enough time to dedicate to arcades lol.

What's strange to me is that UVM11 isn't like a direct continuation of UVM10's progress, but rather a sort of backtrack. Well at least it adds a little more to other characters' side stories.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:36 pm

DNA wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:13 am I feel that the villains in Heroes series are becoming a little too SATAM toon for my taste. You just foil their plans, they curse you and then come back next week to kick a puppy or polute a river.
I mean, Heroes always did feel like a Saturday Morning Cartoon to me and I kinda like that about it.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:20 pm

Rakurai wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:05 am Finally translated the UVM10-11 dialogue for the Universe Survival arc. From the typical videos, UVM10 seemed pretty short so if anybody can find videos that show more dialogue online I'd be glad to add to it. Of course I could try to catch up on the arcade... but at my given level & set of cards I'd get slaughtered and I don't have enough time to dedicate to arcades lol.

What's strange to me is that UVM11 isn't like a direct continuation of UVM10's progress, but rather a sort of backtrack. Well at least it adds a little more to other characters' side stories.
Yeah, UVM10 made no sense.

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:39 pm

Zamasu55 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:20 pm
Rakurai wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:05 am Finally translated the UVM10-11 dialogue for the Universe Survival arc. From the typical videos, UVM10 seemed pretty short so if anybody can find videos that show more dialogue online I'd be glad to add to it. Of course I could try to catch up on the arcade... but at my given level & set of cards I'd get slaughtered and I don't have enough time to dedicate to arcades lol.

Yeah, UVM10 made no sense.

UVM11 is basically a recap of all the stuff that has happened since post prison planet arc and going to U6 & u11, it gives us a little more info on side characters and other story arcs happening at the same time, before they drop us into the big battle of UVM12 which will be Gogeta Blue vs Ultimate hearts.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:44 pm

You know, I'm quite surprised they still haven't added Maji Kayo (from U3) to this game. He was actually one of the strongest ToP participants. Even Katopesla got in before him somehow.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:37 am

More Promo cards

And my favorite

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:49 am

That Gohan/Pan card looks awesome, wish I could get it.

It still slightly annoys me that Xeno Pan was released just after I got back from my holiday in Japan. :lol:
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:28 am

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:37 am More Promo cards
And my favorite
That XPan-SS4 XGohan one is a direct reference to the SDBH manga! Props to Nagayama. :clap:
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:19 am

Father-son and now father-daughter kamehameha :thumbup:

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:09 am

I'm going to take an educated guess based on cliffhangers that UVM12 will cover the Univ. Survival arc but not the Demon Gods arc.

Then Big Bang Mission will begin after UVM12.

Big Bang Mission is gonna be crazy. We're going to be seeing more Super continuity and Xeno continuity interactions. I really hope that we see a Goku-XGoku fusion somewhere in the future. :lol:

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:28 pm

Rakurai wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:09 am I'm going to take an educated guess based on cliffhangers that UVM12 will cover the Univ. Survival arc but not the Demon Gods arc.

Big Bang Mission is gonna be crazy. We're going to be seeing more Super continuity and Xeno continuity interactions. I really hope that we see a Goku-XGoku fusion somewhere in the future. :lol:
But wasn't already confirmed that UVM12 will have characters from both stories merge together for a great finale???

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:00 am

No, it was just said that in the next update, the stories will converge.

"Next update" can mean either UM12 or BBM. When I made a comment about, I assumed it was the former, but we won't know for sure until the time comes.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:29 am

Rakurai wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:09 am I'm going to take an educated guess based on cliffhangers that UVM12 will cover the Univ. Survival arc but not the Demon Gods arc.

Boy oh boy am I excited for what's in store next

Cumber, Lagss (If she is alive since Ozotto Absorbed her) & Fu teaming up after Ultimate Godslayer Hearts' defeat and causing more timeline shenanigans would love for Broly Xeno to meet Broly BR and see who's the strongest maybe even Pikkon could return

there's so many possibilities

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:39 am

Noitsnothim wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:29 am

Cumber, Lagss (If she is alive since Ozotto Absorbed her) & Fu teaming up after Ultimate Godslayer Hearts' defeat and causing more timeline shenanigans would love for Broly Xeno to meet Broly BR and see who's the strongest maybe even Pikkon could return

XBroly and DBS Broly meeting would only be interesting if XBroly tempted DBS Broly to give in to his primal Saiyan instincts, or if we could have more backstory as to why they were such extraordinary anomalies compared to even the most elite Saiyans. I have zero confidence on Toei's anime but I'm sure Nagayama could do something really good with it in the manga.

We will finally find out whether Prison Planet took place before or after the Time Patrol encountered the Demigra gang based on their interactions as well. My guess is that it will have taken place before, since it feels like the Mechikaboola and Hearts events were moving somewhat concurrently. It would also be weird if XGoku and XVegeta were going after Fu when they had a threat like Black Hole Mechikaboola on the loose... but then again it's hard to fit that mission anywhere in their story tbh.

Will XTrunks continue to have access to SSG after this? Modern DB logic should point to 'yes,' however SSG XTrunks was implied to be greater than a SS3 Fusion between him and XGohan so this is the point where it seems like they're throwing established logic out of the window for 'rule of cool.' Also very disappointed to see that his Ultimate Attack was just fucking Heat Dome and not something new and brilliant in the game.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:09 pm

DNA wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:13 am I feel that the villains in Heroes series are becoming a little too SATAM toon for my taste. You just foil their plans, they curse you and then come back next week to kick a puppy or polute a river.

That's because no good guys can get killed in Heroes (correct me if I'm wrong)
It's mostly a children oriented game and they don't take it to such measures. It's better to have your own headcanon regarding Heroes, rather than taking it on a face value.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:21 pm

The only claim we can make is that Mira and Towa stick around for popularity and because Toriyama likes them. That was said by XV2's producer himself.

Any other claim is just assumption based on nothing.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:16 am

Rakurai wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:39 am
Noitsnothim wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:29 am

XBroly and DBS Broly meeting would only be interesting if XBroly tempted DBS Broly to give in to his primal Saiyan instincts, or if we could have more backstory as to why they were such extraordinary anomalies compared to even the most elite Saiyans. I have zero confidence on Toei's anime but I'm sure Nagayama could do something really good with it in the manga.

We will finally find out whether Prison Planet took place before or after the Time Patrol encountered the Demigra gang based on their interactions as well. My guess is that it will have taken place before, since it feels like the Mechikaboola and Hearts events were moving somewhat concurrently. It would also be weird if XGoku and XVegeta were going after Fu when they had a threat like Black Hole Mechikaboola on the loose... but then again it's hard to fit that mission anywhere in their story tbh.

Will XTrunks continue to have access to SSG after this? Modern DB logic should point to 'yes,' however SSG XTrunks was implied to be greater than a SS3 Fusion between him and XGohan so this is the point where it seems like they're throwing established logic out of the window for 'rule of cool.' Also very disappointed to see that his Ultimate Attack was just fucking Heat Dome and not something new and brilliant in the game.
Isn't this actually consistent?
Gogeta (broly) ss1 is stronger than blues but BoG arc vegetto wasn't stronger than SSgod Goku.
If xeno Gohan and trunks have not been god'ed yet this actually makes sense.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:14 am

TobyS wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:16 am Isn't this actually consistent?
Gogeta (broly) ss1 is stronger than blues but BoG arc vegetto wasn't stronger than SSgod Goku.
If xeno Gohan and trunks have not been god'ed yet this actually makes sense.
The Time Patrol individually can't be compared to BoG levels.

SS3 XGohanks was able to defeat a (Demigra) powered-up Xeno Super Yi Xing Long. The fact that YXLong was Xeno already meant that he was stronger than his GT counterpart. And BoG arc Vegetto (essentially a Buu arc Vegetto) was left behind in the dust in GT's powerscaling, implied to be weaker than Baby Vegeta Lvl 2, let alone being able to stand a chance against even normal Yi Xing Long.

SS4 XGohan is implied to be as strong as SS4 XGoku and XVegeta (whom are around SSB Goku and Vegeta's levels during Prison Planet) if not stronger, and the fact that he fused with XTrunks implies that their base powers are also around each other's level.

Basically, at their base powers, the Xeno duo should be far, far beyond the likes of BoG base Goku.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:54 am

Rakurai wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:14 amand the fact that he fused with XTrunks implies that their base powers are also around each other's level.
The Metamoru fusion can hardly be used as a measure of power, considering one of the fusees can increase or decrease his power to match the other one.

~ War of the Dinobots ~