Old Broly's Madness

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Old Broly's Madness

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:22 pm

I wonder if there is another less obvious in universe explanation for Broly being so insane.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Old Broly's Madness

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:54 pm

Well if you go by the DBS manga, a Legendary Super Saiyan inevitably goes insane and destroys themselves, being unable to handle their power.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:05 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:54 pm Well if you go by the DBS manga, a Legendary Super Saiyan inevitably goes insane and destroys themselves, being unable to handle their power.
I interpret that as only being true in the 6th Universe. And only in the manga as its not present in the anime.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:53 pm

People can go insane for various reasons and since Saiyans have not demonstrated any significantly improved degree of physiological fortitude over humans, I'd say there's a good chance that any one of the reasons that can alter a human's mind could very well have done so for Broly.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:00 pm

in M8 he was just an utter dick.

in M10, well, he survived his chest exploding(or whatever Goku's punch did) and the successive planetary explosion with consequent FTL trip to Earth while unconscious then remained for an undisclosed amount of time sealed in the ice.
No much oxygen in such situation for the brain to survive unscathed.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:46 pm

All good points.

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:51 pm

I'll give my thoughts on this

It's scary to even think newborn having power level of 10,000 surpassing even King of Saiyans or member of elite squadron lurking within Broly

Now add that to abnormal mental status. Newborns cry...now that's normal. Indicating their healthy respiratory, cardiovascular physiology. Goku was normal. While Broly...not quite....those fckin voice-over Saiyans may have threw garbage lines abt Goku makin Broly cry....and dats BS... newborns don't know who or what dafuq cries mean.

My theory is monstrous amount of power lurking within Broly as newborn may have induced some mental cognitive & behavioral changes as a result of it's intensity can only be held so much in a neonates body

Now you stab this child & throw him away like garbage. As if surviving the fatal stab wasn't ridiculous feat by itself...you got explosion of Planet Vegeta...sheer survival instinct forcefully erupted his dormant power from within Broly that manifested as barrier...saving him & Paragus

And that was as newborn. To think how his adult body could handle his legendary ssj genes & PTSD he suffered further accentuating his already barbaric Saiyan mindset to manyfold as he transforms in LSSJ...

Let's be honest. 2019 Joker was product of society

1993 Broly was product of Saiyans.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:46 pm

Vijay wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:51 pm I'll give my thoughts on this

It's scary to even think newborn having power level of 10,000 surpassing even King of Saiyans or member of elite squadron lurking within Broly

Now add that to abnormal mental status. Newborns cry...now that's normal. Indicating their healthy respiratory, cardiovascular physiology. Goku was normal. While Broly...not quite....those fckin voice-over Saiyans may have threw garbage lines abt Goku makin Broly cry....and dats BS... newborns don't know who or what dafuq cries mean.

My theory is monstrous amount of power lurking within Broly as newborn may have induced some mental cognitive & behavioral changes as a result of it's intensity can only be held so much in a neonates body

Now you stab this child & throw him away like garbage. As if surviving the fatal stab wasn't ridiculous feat by itself...you got explosion of Planet Vegeta...sheer survival instinct forcefully erupted his dormant power from within Broly that manifested as barrier...saving him & Paragus

And that was as newborn. To think how his adult body could handle his legendary ssj genes & PTSD he suffered further accentuating his already barbaric Saiyan mindset to manyfold as he transforms in LSSJ...

Let's be honest. 2019 Joker was product of society

1993 Broly was product of Saiyans.
I don't know if I would have felt safe around someone with the same issues as old Broly.

TheatreStyleKai
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheatreStyleKai » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:52 am

The best thing about Broly is that he's blessedly uncomplicated. He epitomizes the Saiyans love of battle and sheer ruthlessness. I don't think Broly is insane, he's just the logical end of taking a regular Saiyan and turning him into an unstoppable Super Saiyan.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:21 pm

TheatreStyleKai wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:52 am The best thing about Broly is that he's blessedly uncomplicated. He epitomizes the Saiyans love of battle and sheer ruthlessness. I don't think Broly is insane, he's just the logical end of taking a regular Saiyan and turning him into an unstoppable Super Saiyan.
Hmm that's an interesting way to look at it. :think:

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:30 am

He's a Targaryen.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:38 pm

Melee_Sovereign wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:30 am He's a Targaryen.
Very funny but please be serious.

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:28 pm

His madness could be at least partly due to the trauma he experienced as an infant. He was stabbed, afterall.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:31 pm

Melee_Sovereign wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:28 pm His madness could be at least partly due to the trauma he experienced as an infant. He was stabbed, afterall.
Yeah that's what a lot of fans things.