"Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Scsigs
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Scsigs » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:41 pm

donkeyjack wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:30 pm
omegalucas wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:44 pm
donkeyjack wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:02 pm Why would you want this game to play like 2FM? Like you guys are awful. Sora doesn't fight like a Z fighters.
I meant it in the sense the combat is super fluid and has various combo options. It doesn't get boring. Obviously it wouldn't be Goku with a sword in the shape of a key.
You do know that only Goku would be playable right? And you can't have like ten playable characters with depth like that even 2FM didn't have multiple characters like that.
Ok, 1. No one's saying that we want it to be like KHII.
2. Actually, no. In KHII, we get to play as Roxas in the prologue & Riku during one of the phases in the final Xemnas boss fight. This was first explored in Chain of Memories where we get to play as Riku after the main story, then again in Dream Drop Distance where Sora & Riku switch off, then in Birth By Sleep, we play as Ventus, Aqua, & Terra, & in KHIII, we play as Aqua & Riku & the DLC is showing us that we can play as Roxas & maybe a few others. So, no.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

donkeyjack
Beyond Newbie

Post by donkeyjack » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:57 pm

Scsigs wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:41 pm
donkeyjack wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:30 pm
omegalucas wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:44 pm
I meant it in the sense the combat is super fluid and has various combo options. It doesn't get boring. Obviously it wouldn't be Goku with a sword in the shape of a key.
You do know that only Goku would be playable right? And you can't have like ten playable characters with depth like that even 2FM didn't have multiple characters like that.
Ok, 1. No one's saying that we want it to be like KHII.
2. Actually, no. In KHII, we get to play as Roxas in the prologue & Riku during one of the phases in the final Xemnas boss fight. This was first explored in Chain of Memories where we get to play as Riku after the main story, then again in Dream Drop Distance where Sora & Riku switch off, then in Birth By Sleep, we play as Ventus, Aqua, & Terra, & in KHIII, we play as Aqua & Riku & the DLC is showing us that we can play as Roxas & maybe a few others. So, no.

Was KHII or KHIII's vast like Kakarot's?

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:53 pm

Jesus why are discussing this to this level of detail? I meant it in the broad sense that KHII is a good game with good gameplay within the same genre, just that. No need to count how many playable characters each game has or anything.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:55 pm

donkeyjack wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:57 pm Was KHII or KHIII's vast like Kakarot's?
Obviously not, but KH is usually focused on one to a few characters per game max as opposed to DB, which can be focused on multiple characters at once that aren't Goku.
omegalucas wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:53 pm Jesus why are discussing this to this level of detail? I meant it in the broad sense that KHII is a good game with good gameplay within the same genre, just that. No need to count how many playable characters each game has or anything.
I don't know. I was just responding to the other dude. This literally does not matter & the other person was misunderstanding what was being talked about. Probably hates KH, but that shouldn't matter here.

donkeyjack
Beyond Newbie

Post by donkeyjack » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:21 am

That does matter though because you are going to give every character the depth that Sora had. How do I hate 2FM when I am discussing it with you? I don't even want the remake of FFVII to play 2FM and it has the same damn battle director.

KH can be played almost like a pure action with Level crit and you using basic setups but I hate KH? If I hated KH I was say the most juvenile thing about it. 2FM is the genre's Illmatic, Citizen Kane's and etc. I love that game.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:14 pm

I hope Kakarot is a one shot game and they could do Super as DLC if they don't cover it for the main story. I can't see them doing a sequel with just only Super.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:43 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:14 pm I hope Kakarot is a one shot game and they could do Super as DLC if they don't cover it for the main story. I can't see them doing a sequel with just only Super.
Clearly you haven't looked into the Naruto games CyberConnect2 they made, which had 2 spin-offs that featured NO story content from the manga since they didn't have enough material to adapt.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:33 pm

Scsigs wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:43 pmClearly you haven't looked into the Naruto games CyberConnect2 they made, which had 2 spin-offs that featured NO story content from the manga since they didn't have enough material to adapt.
That reminded me: I can see Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot 2 being released by the end of 2020, as CC2 actually released Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja 4 and Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja 5 in the same year in Japan. :lol:

The result was a very weird/silent Minato Namikaze without a voice actor (it wasn't chosen one by that time, if I'm correct) in the latter game. Just imagine a situation like that today and in a Dragon Ball property...
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:11 am

Grimlock wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:33 pm
Scsigs wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:43 pmClearly you haven't looked into the Naruto games CyberConnect2 they made, which had 2 spin-offs that featured NO story content from the manga since they didn't have enough material to adapt.
That reminded me: I can see Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot 2 being released by the end of 2020,
That'd be really weird and the contract Bandai has is one game a year, I think, so not very likely that'll happen, besides there's fighterz and xenoverse to rotate between.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:45 am

Grimlock wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:33 pm
That reminded me: I can see Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot 2 being released by the end of 2020, as CC2 actually released Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja 4 and Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja 5 in the same year in Japan. :lol:

The result was a very weird/silent Minato Namikaze without a voice actor (it wasn't chosen one by that time, if I'm correct) in the latter game. Just imagine a situation like that today and in a Dragon Ball property...
That was an expansion pack for Boruto over a year later, not a 5th numbered entry, which was released originally as DLC, then was released with the main game physically on the disc.

superkakarrot2
Not-So-Newbie

Post by superkakarrot2 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:26 pm

They mean the PS2 Ultimate Ninja games; not the Storm games.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:27 pm

superkakarrot2 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:26 pm They mean the PS2 Ultimate Ninja games; not the Storm games.
Oh. Those didn't come out in NA at all, so i forgot all about them.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:01 pm

Scsigs wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:27 pm
superkakarrot2 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:26 pm They mean the PS2 Ultimate Ninja games; not the Storm games.
Oh. Those didn't come out in NA at all, so i forgot all about them.
Yes they did. I had Ultimate Ninja 1 and 2.

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:13 pm

Ultimate Ninja 5 was the only original one that never made it to america only australia and europe
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:58 am

Apparently, the Dragon Balls can be gathered to unlock 'dream matches'
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

SuperSaiyanPan
Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperSaiyanPan » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:54 pm

It was also confirmed that this is not coming to the switch.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:07 pm

Naruto6583 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:13 pm Ultimate Ninja 5 was the only original one that never made it to america only australia and europe
Don't miss those days. Didn't stop your boy from importing it tho... it was "Narutimate Accel 2". Slept on Naruto title for sure...

Also... this may or may not be the new box art, haven't confirmed. Which I do like more, very manga inspired. Even tho character faces look weird, I LOVE the original art around this game.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:46 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:14 pm I hope Kakarot is a one shot game and they could do Super as DLC if they don't cover it for the main story. I can't see them doing a sequel with just only Super.
This makes the most sense to me, considering the storylines in Super don't leave much room for exploration anyway. Over half the series is tournament arcs and BoG/RoF are just single battles.

That new art looks nice, I didn't have a big problem with the other one but this one looks better I think

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:22 am

DarkPrince_92 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:07 pm
Naruto6583 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:13 pm Ultimate Ninja 5 was the only original one that never made it to america only australia and europe
Don't miss those days. Didn't stop your boy from importing it tho... it was "Narutimate Accel 2". Slept on Naruto title for sure...

Also... this may or may not be the new box art, haven't confirmed. Which I do like more, very manga inspired. Even tho character faces look weird, I LOVE the original art around this game.
If that is the new one then nice!
I do remember waiting patiently for the fifth one then..... It never came over. I was really disappointed but oh well maybe I'll get it someday. That's the only ultimate ninja title I don't have.

I am wondering though, who is composing for kakarot? I know it isn't chikayo fukuda. It's not her music style and I'd rather she not get tied down by preexisting work. She does better doing original music. And she's always been CC2's go-to composer. So maybe someone new?
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

SuperSaiyanPan
Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperSaiyanPan » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:36 am

The orb colors are representative of "Biomes" Blue is water, green is grass and red is rocky.

Bulma 10 year challenge

The Eternal Dragon

Training Grounds

Community Board Emblems

The Dragon Balls can be used to resurrect defeated enemies and fight them on different planes.

Which can lead to battles which never happened before. Also they are much much stronger when you revive them.

Skill Tree revealed

Key Visual HD