Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noitsnothim
Regular

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Noitsnothim » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:30 am

Kanassa wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:58 pm
Zamasu55 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:07 am
Noitsnothim wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:24 pm
Dude...are you seriously tryna piss people off? you know very damn well this takes place (Technically in their canon) after the Broly movie since Goku knows of Gogeta

Here's Terez' subbed version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3JOjcPpK7E so you can review for yourself
Goku knows of Gogeta because they fused against Janemba.

Cooler appears. Bojack appears (in the arcade game). Movies are canon here, so Janemba happened.

Broly is not mentioned. Also this series started before DBS Broly was even made.
This arc, however, started after Broly was in production enough for there to be promotional units. Also, Bojack appears, yet Trunks doesn't recognize him and Vegeta recognises Cooler (who in a Cooler who has never met Goku or Vegeta) by reputation rather than experience, because they're the Super continuity's versions fo Trunks and Vegeta. Goku knows of Gogeta because they fused to fight Broly. Everything is canon to Heroes, but everything si also it's own timeline. This is Super's timeline.
'Broly' happened before the Prison Planet Saga and reason for Bojack & the movie villains appearing is because of Fu (He says in the arcade game that he brought people from different eras and timelines) the Cooler we see is one who's never met Goku or Vegeta meaning he's from Super's timeline (if he was the Cooler from the movies he'd hold a huge grudge against Goku & Vegeta) plus he achieves the Golden transformation which only exists in Super (Anime & Manga)

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:07 pm

Noitsnothim wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:30 amthe Cooler we see is one who's never met Goku or Vegeta meaning he's from Super's timeline (if he was the Cooler from the movies he'd hold a huge grudge against Goku & Vegeta)
Not necessarily. Cooler may have never met Goku or Vegeta because he may have come from a point before the events of Movie 5. No movie villain is part of Dragon Ball Super continuity, like you said, they were all brought because of Fu (which obviously does not mean the movies themselves were acknowledged into Dragon Ball Super continuity...*).
Noitsnothim wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:30 amplus he achieves the Golden transformation which only exists in Super (Anime & Manga)
Also not necessarily. Unlike Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan which may have Whis involved (a character that apparently did not appear in other dimensions), Golden Form comes purely from solo training, so it can be achieved regardless of the dimension we're talking about.

Another explanation can be that, while acknowledging that Golden Form may not exist in the reality the movies take place, Cooler achieved Golden Form after he was brought into this dimension.

* What I wrote in parentheses is not meant to you exactly.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:17 pm

Since this is a mix of time lines I don't think that it matters to know whether something has happened or not. Everything we know off exists.

However, I don't think that new timelines exist. That said, since Super follows Z and not the movies, Vegeta:Super and Goku:Super are both from the timeline that we know off that ended with the ToP. Back then Broly wasn't a thing, but after it became something, they implemented his arc in the Super characters. It is meant to be a followup of previous experiences that they had gone through.

Having Super follow the Z movies is an entirely different timeline that doesn't exist yet.
P O W E R

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:41 am

So what do you guys think about Super Hearts' power? Will he be able to damage Gogeta, or will he get the same beatdown as Broly? I wish the fight would be more even this time around, but the short duration of episodes makes me feel like Gogeta will wreck. Hopefully with great animation.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:52 pm

We don't know yet. But I think there is a possibility of Hearts overpowering Gogeta.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:55 am

Next episode delayed to late December.. sad. I hope it will be really spectacular then.
Also I wonder what could cause the delay for an online anime.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:38 am

Xeogran wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:55 am Next episode delayed to late December.. sad. I hope it will be really spectacular then.
Also I wonder what could cause the delay for an online anime.
Just a thought, but could it be that they will bring Shintani for Gogeta? We have gotten his artstyle from Yamamuro, but they might not want to ruin the thing (hopefully they learned from 1 and a half year of bad criticism) and want to pay homage to Broly from last year. I can see an epic Gogeta comeback for his 1 year anniversary or something.
P O W E R

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:37 pm

So it's delayed? Well hopefully for a good cut like Goku vs Hearts was from sometime back.

and since I don't think anyone else has said it yet.

NICE!
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:39 pm

dbzfan7 wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:37 pm So it's delayed? Well hopefully for a good cut like Goku vs Hearts was from sometime back.

and since I don't think anyone else has said it yet.

NICE!
So long as Yam boards there is no hope.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:56 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:38 am (hopefully they learned from 1 and a half year of bad criticism)
Do you think they care? This anime isn't even supposed to be watched by regions outside of Japan since it's technically region locked. I don't think any overseas official media ever acknowledged it, even despite the fact we have World Mission localized.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:36 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:38 am(hopefully they learned from 1 and a half year of bad criticism)
What "bad criticism"?

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:35 pm

Grimlock wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:36 am
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:38 am(hopefully they learned from 1 and a half year of bad criticism)
What "bad criticism"?
Probably complaining about the stiff animation. It's true, but honestly this is supposed to be a commercial for cards at it's core. I admit I've criticized most of the early episodes myself (thankfully it got better with Hearts' introduction). It's more surprising that some episodes actually can be well animated, like Metal Cooler vs Cumber.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:50 pm

So wait, "bad criticism" from western people that are not even supposed to watch these episodes? :crazy:

All I've seen from the Japanese "fandom" was criticism towards Yamamuro reusing the same punches. But as I said, towards Yamamuro, not the episodes themselves, which implies they understand the situation (the anime is just an alternative way for the players to enjoy the story). Dimps/Toei (and as far as I can tell, the Japanese "fandom") couldn't care less about criticism coming from random people that shouldn't even be watching the episodes in the first place, hence why they are region locked.
Last edited by Grimlock on Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:53 pm

I'm actually really surprised that they aren't airing the promo anime subbed, & possibly dubbed, through a streaming service in the game itself &/or through Crunchyroll. It WOULD at least be a selling point in the game.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:01 pm

Scsigs wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:53 pm I'm actually really surprised that they aren't airing the promo anime subbed, & possibly dubbed, through a streaming service in the game itself &/or through Crunchyroll. It WOULD at least be a selling point in the game.
I don't think they're updating the home game to keep up with the Arcade game, so that wouldn't make much sense.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:01 pm

Neon Z wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:01 pm
Scsigs wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:53 pm I'm actually really surprised that they aren't airing the promo anime subbed, & possibly dubbed, through a streaming service in the game itself &/or through Crunchyroll. It WOULD at least be a selling point in the game.
I don't think they're updating the home game to keep up with the Arcade game, so that wouldn't make much sense.
Well, it'd make sense if they were all for actually selling the game to a Western market, which I don't know if they are. The Switch & PC versions are just modified versions of the past versions of the game with not a lot changed or upgraded since they still use character models that look like they were ripped out of Budokai 2 or 3 on the PS2 & GameCube. Not even the HD remasters on 360 & PS3, but the PS2 & GameCube. And, without free updates to add in the continually evolving story elements, as well as putting the game on at least PS4 with a larger audience than Switch currently has, even now, it seems they don't care to. Which is also why the game also didn't get a dub. It was a budget thing. Probably just pushed to get something out since there were no new games this year for DB since the next slated major game didn't even have a release date yet (DBZ: Kakarot) & the last big game was still doing DLC rather than the devs working on another game (Xenoverse 2). I wouldn't be surprised . if that was the ultimate decision, honestly.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:56 am

Grimlock wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:36 am
What "bad criticism"?
In the sense of the negative comments of the western society (which I might be a part off) when they aimed to at least begin promoting the game overseas. I don't know whether they will ever reach global sales with Heroes, however a company like Bandai, which already has established a worldwide reputation for it's content, would most certainly acknowledge the negativity of even random people. Because truly, they is not a specific collection of people that would purchase the game.

A company of that scale should note the reaction of the crowd to it's products, because economy is global. Having a game inside Japan doesn't mean that it doesn't affect finances in the overall. And most of these comments were related to a promo of the game. OK sure, not much to talk about since "they didn't ask for our opinion" but since this leaks in the internet, you expect criticism and bad views on it. You can't just think "it is area restricted thus irrelevant and unobtainable to others".

No that's bad thinking. We live in the Era of information. Acceptance of this fact it required.
P O W E R

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:07 am

So, any news on the next eps' release? Have heard that it has been given a date, but I am not sure which date that is.
P O W E R

Shounen
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shounen » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:32 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:07 am So, any news on the next eps' release? Have heard that it has been given a date, but I am not sure which date that is.
December 22, Sunday.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:23 pm

Shounen wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:32 pm
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:07 am So, any news on the next eps' release? Have heard that it has been given a date, but I am not sure which date that is.
December 22, Sunday.
Thanks bro!
P O W E R