Zenkai Power

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Re: Zenkai Power

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:00 pm

p-hyvo wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:53 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:16 pm
p-hyvo wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:47 am

As it is now, in dbs we are talking more about adaptation boosts than real zenkais, but anyway the result is the same.
Plus, at least for the anime, they can improve their bases via training still a Lot, that panel from the manga that is upward is valid only for the manga continuity and doesn't apply to the anime.

Still, I heard that toriyama wrote the but saga with in mind the idea that goku couldn't get any stronger from that point. Don't know where this statement is from and I'm still waiting for a confirmation on it, if anyone knows anything about it just tell me. By the way, it is useless to say that gt and super straight out contradicts that thig, making it somehow invalid
I can't help you with that Toriyama quote but I can say that in the Buu arc, Buutenks implies Ultimate Gohan, not Goku, has no longer room for improvement(zenkai-wise)
I knew about gohan, but the reason of that is the mystic form maxing him out. Not only zenkais, gohan couldn't count on rageboosts too in that fragment .
The secret for gohan to get zenkais is to train in base/ssj, if he's in the mystic state he can't get any.
You know that is your headcanon, right?

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:30 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:00 pm
p-hyvo wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:53 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:16 pm

I can't help you with that Toriyama quote but I can say that in the Buu arc, Buutenks implies Ultimate Gohan, not Goku, has no longer room for improvement(zenkai-wise)
I knew about gohan, but the reason of that is the mystic form maxing him out. Not only zenkais, gohan couldn't count on rageboosts too in that fragment .
The secret for gohan to get zenkais is to train in base/ssj, if he's in the mystic state he can't get any.
You know that is your headcanon, right?
Well, for the zenkai part yes.
The other part (mystic gohan not getting zenkais and rageboosts) is true

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:51 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:27 am
ZombieVito wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:39 am
SupremeKai25 wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:30 am In Super it seems like Goku Black is the only one who really has zenkais. He grows stronger through pain, as has often happened throughout the arc. In the manga that's even more blatant, because Black would often let Trunks beat him up to the point of near-death so that Future Zamasu could heal him and kick-off the zenkai boosts.

The other saiyans don't seem to show this capability of growing stronger through pain or in near-death situations. In the Tournament of Power many saiyans (especially Goku) often powered-up after they were beaten but I think that's just inconsistent writing, there's not actually an in-universe reason like with Black.
Only reason Black had those zenkai's is because he still hadn't gotten Goku's full power. It's not until E61 that he does and that's why he needs anger to grow stronger in E64.
When did he unlock Goku's full power in episode 61? I know he gained the Divine Lasso, but I don't recall ever being mentioned that that was how far Goku's body could go.
It wasn't but given the fact he didn't grow stronger after Vegeta's beating and needed anger to grow stronger, it's as good as confirmed.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:34 am

ZombieVito wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:51 am
ZombieVito wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:39 am
Only reason Black had those zenkai's is because he still hadn't gotten Goku's full power. It's not until E61 that he does and that's why he needs anger to grow stronger in E64.
When did he unlock Goku's full power in episode 61? I know he gained the Divine Lasso, but I don't recall ever being mentioned that that was how far Goku's body could go.
It wasn't but given the fact he didn't grow stronger after Vegeta's beating and needed anger to grow stronger, it's as good as confirmed.
Probably a mixture of both. Black still needed to stab his own palm to pull out that new technique. Fused Zamasu needed to literally strike himself with his own attack to gain the Corrupted power-up.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:39 pm

Given that Saiyans have always broken free of their limits. I think its fair to say that they don't have limits that they can't break free of. They proved that during the battle with Goku Black despite his Zenkais.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:13 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:34 am
ZombieVito wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:51 am

Probably a mixture of both. Black still needed to stab his own palm to pull out that new technique. Fused Zamasu needed to literally strike himself with his own attack to gain the Corrupted power-up.
But Fused Zamasu is a new being. It makes sense for him to get Zenkais.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:41 pm

The Zenkai's have gone the same way as the tails and both features are useful.........
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.