Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Scsigs
I Live Here

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Scsigs » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:52 am

Terez wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:48 pm Sorting out the details via lawtwitter:

$238,042.42 is what Vic owes now, ignoring the sanctions that are conditioned on appeal
$145,500.00 is the baseline appeal-conditioned sanctions that Vic might already owe simply because Percy is an idiot and he already filed a premature Notice of Appeal (which will inevitably be dismissed) so...
$380,542.42 is the total he already owes by that logic (which the lawyers say is based on standard TX textualist practice)
$525,542.42 is the total he will owe if he appeals and loses (no disinterested lawyers think he has a chance of winning on appeal)

However, if he appeals, it is almost certain that the Defendants will appeal the sanctions ruling, as the judge awarded them significantly less than their documented expenses (not to mention their requested punitive sanctions). Most of the lawyers seem to think that, if they do appeal, they will certainly get more money, because the judge cut an extraordinary amount from their ask. So Vic could end up owing them closer to $800k when all is said and done, quite aside from what he owes his own attorneys.
Fame is less than infamy, I guess. Like, fucking hell. Is he gonna do another fundraiser to make money off of idiots who hate women again, getting boosted by the conservative grifters on YouTube who look for stuff to make money off of the stupid people? Honestly, if he could make more than what was needed initially, I bet he would. That's still over 50-80% of $1 million, so I don't know if his hardcore followers or fans can get that much cash together to pay his debts for him.
Saiga wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:17 am Fucking hell, court is expensive.
Which is why shit like this rarely goes to court & people & companies try to settle out of court. Perfect waste of time & money.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Terez
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Terez » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:09 am

Scsigs wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:52 am
Saiga wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:17 am Fucking hell, court is expensive.
Which is why shit like this rarely goes to court & people & companies try to settle out of court. Perfect waste of time & money.
Which is why anti-SLAPP laws exist: to discourage people from filing frivolous lawsuits that waste time and money for people who were only exercising their 1st Amendment rights. We need a federal anti-SLAPP law. Unfortunately it's an issue that most people don't have any personal experience with, so therefore they don't really have an opinion on it and they're not exactly urging their lawmakers to do anything about it. John Oliver shined a light on the issue recently, but it's still not a very sexy issue.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:12 am

Scsigs wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:26 pm If you want, sure.
What's your Twitter name?
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:48 am

My dad went into "early" retirement because court costs are so damn high. Glad to see some measure of justice was done here.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:13 am

Jesus Christ, Vic Mignogna owes that much? How is he supposed to afford that? He really was scammed. That’s a massive insult to injury.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:19 am

Laughing in my bed as I read about the sex abuser being forced to spend a quarter of a million dollars to cover his mistakes.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:34 am

WittyUsername wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:13 am Jesus Christ, Vic Mignogna owes that much? How is he supposed to afford that? He really was scammed. That’s a massive insult to injury.
I’m sure a bunch of sad ass weebs will start him a gofundme

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:58 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:12 am
Same as the one on here. I'll add it to my signature.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:14 pm

Scsigs wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:58 pm
Fionordequester wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:12 am
Alright, Sciggs! Greg has unblocked you, and you are good to go!
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:36 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:14 pm
Scsigs wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:58 pm
Fionordequester wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:12 am What's your Twitter name?
Alright, Sciggs! Greg has unblocked you, and you are good to go!
I think you either misspelled it to him (you did here) or he hasn't done it yet.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:47 pm

Scsigs wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:36 pm I think you either misspelled it to him (you did here) or he hasn't done it yet.
This is what I linked to him: https://twitter.com/Scsigs

It WAS "@greg_doucette" you were trying to get unblocked from, right?

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:44 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:47 pm
Scsigs wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:36 pm I think you either misspelled it to him (you did here) or he hasn't done it yet.
This is what I linked to him: https://twitter.com/Scsigs

It WAS "@greg_doucette" you were trying to get unblocked from, right?
Yeah. No, you're fine. I'll check again.

Still blocked. I'll give him some time.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:17 am

Scsigs wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:44 pmYeah. No, you're fine. I'll check again.

Still blocked. I'll give him some time.
Alright, so you're "unblocked on the chain", but, "it takes some time to propogate".

I'm gonna guess it's sort of like when you do a batch upload for multiple Yotube videos. They all happen, just not all at once.

Young-Jah
Beyond Newbie

Post by Young-Jah » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:13 pm

Plus, $223,042, how is Vic going to get $223,042? That's going to take weeks, months or years to get?
It's My Boy, your Boy, his Boy! ~OSW Review HD

Valerius Dover
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Valerius Dover » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:15 pm

Young-Jah wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:13 pm Plus, $223,042, how is Vic going to get $223,042? That's going to take weeks, months or years to get?
He'll probably set up another GoFundMe and those VicStan virgins will gladly send him heaps of money. :lol:
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

Young-Jah
Beyond Newbie

Post by Young-Jah » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:41 pm

Valerius Dover wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:15 pm
Young-Jah wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:13 pm Plus, $223,042, how is Vic going to get $223,042? That's going to take weeks, months or years to get?
He'll probably set up another GoFundMe and those VicStan virgins will gladly send him heaps of money. :lol:
GoFundMe wouldn't be a better, try Kickstarter.

Young-Jah
Beyond Newbie

Post by Young-Jah » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:33 pm

Also, the big problem is, with the DBS version of Broly coming to FighterZ on December 5th, how is that going to work considering Vic got sent packing from Funi, lost to Funi, and now have to pay 223,042 grand?

I mean, is going to have Bin Shimada, but no Vic Broly?

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:25 pm

Young-Jah wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:33 pm Also, the big problem is, with the DBS version of Broly coming to FighterZ on December 5th, how is that going to work considering Vic got sent packing from Funi, lost to Funi, and now have to pay 223,042 grand?

Personally, I kind of hope they’d just leave DBS Broly’s lines in Japanese. Why go through the trouble of hiring a new voice actor for a DLC in a two year old video game? Hell, FUNimation already pissed off a bunch of former dub fans by firing Vic Mignogna in the first place, so most people will just play the game in Japanese anyway.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:36 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:25 pm
Young-Jah wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:33 pm Also, the big problem is, with the DBS version of Broly coming to FighterZ on December 5th, how is that going to work considering Vic got sent packing from Funi, lost to Funi, and now have to pay 223,042 grand?

Personally, I kind of hope they’d just leave DBS Broly’s lines in Japanese. Why go through the trouble of hiring a new voice actor for a DLC in a two year old video game? Hell, FUNimation already pissed off a bunch of former dub fans by firing Vic Mignogna in the first place, so most people will just play the game in Japanese anyway.
Probably because you can't just have one character exclusively in Japanese lol this DLC took far too long to arrive in my opinion. I've got my eye on the recast I'm just curious what direction they take the voice now.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:38 pm

nato25 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:36 pm
WittyUsername wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:25 pm

Probably because you can't just have one character exclusively in Japanese
Why not? It’s a DLC for a video game that’s two years old. Who cares? It’s not like FUNimation is known for their quality control anyway, especially when it comes to video games.