"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

omegacwa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by omegacwa » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:32 am

jplaya2023 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:01 pm
sangofe wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:44 pm Am I the only one who's badly waiting for the current manga-only content to be animated?

this won't be animated If super ever does come back ( i doubt it) they will start on another arc.
Why would they do this? They have source material to go off of that has Toriyama's name on it. Part of the issue with Super in general is it didn't have a source material. Why repeat the mistakes of the past?

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:39 pm

I thought Saiyans had limitless potential..........
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:57 pm

How the hell is Goku just... Deciding that he's not gonna eat.

Y'know, just... "yeah food sucks so i'm not eating lol"

... Just, what?
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

TKA
Advanced Regular

Post by TKA » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:02 am

Miracles wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:35 pm Just a reminder. I think people forgot that Moro let Goku and Vegeta live in order to continue to feed off of them back on Namek when his goons made their first appearance.

I don't think he is flip flopping.
He isn't. He consistently chooses whichever option gets him energy to eat.
The Creatives who inspire me: Akira Toriyama, George Lucas, Chris Nolan, J. R. R. Tolkien and Zack Snyder

http://i.imgur.com/XAnj7Yi.jpg

You saw Batman v Superman? Is it the Ultimate Edition? No? Then you haven't seen Batman v Superman. Also, the Snyder Cut is the greatest, non-deconstructionist ensemble comic book film ever made.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:01 am

TKA wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:02 am
Miracles wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:35 pm Just a reminder. I think people forgot that Moro let Goku and Vegeta live in order to continue to feed off of them back on Namek when his goons made their first appearance.

I don't think he is flip flopping.
He isn't. He consistently chooses whichever option gets him energy to eat.
Thanks.

I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving.

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FlpShimizu » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:03 am

Robo4900 wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:57 pm How the hell is Goku just... Deciding that he's not gonna eat.

... Just, what?
I also thought that was weird. The only explanation I could come up with is that they are trying to leave Goku in a dire situation to "shock his emotions" and unlock UI, so starvation could help.
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

Yasai9001
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yasai9001 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:43 pm

That's the only explanation I find plausible as well, though knowing Goku, he thinks all he has to do is just copy people and boom, it'll come. The master mimic.

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:18 pm

So if Moro eventually comes to earth, he'll likely sense Dragon Balls...then what? Will the gang consider this and deal with it in advance?
Robo4900 wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:57 pm How the hell is Goku just... Deciding that he's not gonna eat.

... Just, what?
If Goku doesn't eat, it'll fatigue his body and possibly increase his chances of activating Migatte no Gokui. The two people he knows that understand MnG don't need to eat, so he probably just thinks it's worth a shot in that sense.

Also, there's a line in Kung Fu panda that reminds me of this. Something to the effect of "it is said that the Dragon Warrior can survive for a month on a single drop of dew." I know it's a different IP, but it sounds like sen'nin shenanigans, and since Kame-sen'nin already exhibited principals of MnG...

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:00 pm

Hulk10 wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:39 pm I thought Saiyans had limitless potential..........
That was just some marketing scheme concocted by Toei to promote the anime.

FTrunks stated that Goku and Vegeta were already pushing their bodies at their limit, hence why they couldn't be powered up by the hallmark Saiyan brink-of-death trait (AKA Zenkai by the fandom).
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:13 pm

batistabus wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:18 pm So if Moro eventually comes to earth, he'll likely sense Dragon Balls...then what? Will the gang consider this and deal with it in advance?
Oooh...Very good point. Maybe Moro will try to make use of them.
IIRC, The Z gang doesn't know if Moro can sense DB's.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:09 am

Rakurai wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:00 pm
Hulk10 wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:39 pm I thought Saiyans had limitless potential..........
That was just some marketing scheme concocted by Toei to promote the anime.

FTrunks stated that Goku and Vegeta were already pushing their bodies at their limit, hence why they couldn't be powered up by the hallmark Saiyan brink-of-death trait (AKA Zenkai by the fandom).
That's only in the manga.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:29 am

Hulk10 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:09 am
And the manga is the sequel we have so far, to both the original manga by Toriyama and the film. The anime is over, done, owarida, and has already been retconned various times anyhow so if it ever returns, it'll likely follow the manga.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:21 am

Miracles wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:13 pm
batistabus wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:18 pm So if Moro eventually comes to earth, he'll likely sense Dragon Balls...then what? Will the gang consider this and deal with it in advance?
In Chapter 47, when Goku and Vegeta wake up 3 days after being drained by Moro, Vegeta suspects it because the Dragon Ball they had is the only thing he thinks would make them stand out. Whether or not he'll remember to warn the earthlings ahead of time, I'm not sure.

TKA
Advanced Regular

Post by TKA » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:39 am

With all due respect... you do realize you're posting in a thread about the manga, right?
The Creatives who inspire me: Akira Toriyama, George Lucas, Chris Nolan, J. R. R. Tolkien and Zack Snyder

http://i.imgur.com/XAnj7Yi.jpg

You saw Batman v Superman? Is it the Ultimate Edition? No? Then you haven't seen Batman v Superman. Also, the Snyder Cut is the greatest, non-deconstructionist ensemble comic book film ever made.

OhHiRenan
Beyond Newbie

Post by OhHiRenan » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:11 am

My reading of Goku not eating is that training with Merus is making Goku more divine, suggesting that he’ll probably have some degree of control on Ultra Instinct sooner rather than later.

But I doubt it’ll be something that sticks if that’s the case. Goku not eating just feels wrong.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:03 pm

Rakurai wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:29 am
And the manga is the sequel we have so far, to both the original manga by Toriyama and the film. The anime is over, done, owarida, and has already been retconned various times anyhow so if it ever returns, it'll likely follow the manga.
I hear there are plans to continue the anime.

And yes I do realize that TKA.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:00 pm

batistabus wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:21 am
Miracles wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:13 pm
In Chapter 47, when Goku and Vegeta wake up 3 days after being drained by Moro, Vegeta suspects it because the Dragon Ball they had is the only thing he thinks would make them stand out. Whether or not he'll remember to warn the earthlings ahead of time, I'm not sure.
Oh. Maybe Vegeta will remember to warn them.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:48 pm

Hulk10 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:03 pm I hear there are plans to continue the anime.

Rumors will be rumors, we all know what happened the last time.

"Saiyans have limitless potential" just sounds like a very incongruous way to describe Goku and Vegeta. Notwithstanding the notion that there've been a lot of incongruous things in the anime when compared to the original series. Might apply to Gohan tho.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:58 pm

Rakurai wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:48 pm
Hulk10 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:03 pm I hear there are plans to continue the anime.

Rumors will be rumors, we all know what happened the last time.

"Saiyans have limitless potential" just sounds like a very incongruous way to describe Goku and Vegeta. Notwithstanding the notion that there've been a lot of incongruous things in the anime when compared to the original series. Might apply to Gohan tho.
Only problem is that its not a rumor. I found out by reading an interview. Unfortunately I can't seem to find the interview I saw.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:05 pm

The limitless potential thing is obviously a reference to the Saiyan’s trait of self-improvement over harsh conditions.