"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ankokudaishogun » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:32 am

what if... guyz, what if, they turned Turnks into SSG because they didn't have a Bluetz Rays Machine to make him go SS4 and due the amount of enemies using Fusion would lose them one warrior, which given the full-on assault might have been quite dangerous?

Making him go God gave him a strong power-up at basically no cost without even reducing their numbers.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:37 am

ankokudaishogun wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:32 am what if... guyz, what if, they turned Turnks into SSG because they didn't have a Bluetz Rays Machine to make him go SS4 and due the amount of enemies using Fusion would lose them one warrior, which given the full-on assault might have been quite dangerous?

Making him go God gave him a strong power-up at basically no cost without even reducing their numbers.
A good tactic. Also fanservice and new merch! 8 am sure Goku and Co. had this in mind while fighting.
P O W E R

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:23 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:37 am
ankokudaishogun wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:32 am what if... guyz, what if, they turned Turnks into SSG because they didn't have a Bluetz Rays Machine to make him go SS4 and due the amount of enemies using Fusion would lose them one warrior, which given the full-on assault might have been quite dangerous?

A good tactic. Also fanservice and new merch! 8 am sure Goku and Co. had this in mind while fighting.
Also, they can STILL fuse if they have, Gotenks:Xeno Super Saiyan Blue incoming!

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:45 pm

what if... guyz, what if, they turned Turnks into SSG because they didn't have a Bluetz Rays Machine to make him go SS4 and due the amount of enemies using Fusion would lose them one warrior, which given the full-on assault might have been quite dangerous?

aahmmm.. they don't have one yes but i'm pretty sure they used Robelu's magic to turn Gohan into a SS4 just a couple of missions ago and afaik they didn't mention anything about how it could only be done once or something to make an excuse.
Also, they can STILL fuse if they have, Gotenks:Xeno Super Saiyan Blue incoming!
Can we maybe give something new to Goten instead??? seriously we have talk about this once in a while but this time all of the Xeno Patrol have SS3 plus SS4 and SSG in Trunks case, meanwhile Goten doesn't even go beyond Super Saiyan and yes i know he got Ultimate but that was a looong time ago and there is no indication he is as strong as Gohan was in the Buu saga so you could make the excuse he is stronger than SS3 so is useless for him, Ultimate for Goten must be SS2 equivalent at best imo and not to mention Xeno Gohan got a SS3 card out of nowhere too when he just became SS4.

But!!! if they really do such a thing when they use him as fodder for a SSG fusion they should at least buff him a bit first, like SS3 at the minimum.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:51 pm

Grimlock wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:54 am
Rakurai wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:14 amand the fact that he fused with XTrunks implies that their base powers are also around each other's level.
The Metamoru fusion can hardly be used as a measure of power, considering one of the fusees can increase or decrease his power to match the other one.
Hence, I said around each other's level. Unless you're implying that a hypothetical BoG SS3 Vegetto could defeat the same Super Yi Xing Long that SS3 XGohanks defeated.

There's a reason why Buu arc Goten and Trunks were very compatible for fusion. They need to be similar in size and power, that's the rule-of-thumb for Fusion dance users. There's no reason to believe that base XTrunks is significantly less powerful than base XGohan. He was asked by XGohan to fuse rather than XGoku, XVegeta, or XGoten, meaning that out of all the Time Patrol members at the time, XTrunks was the one closest to XGohan's strength.
Dragotaker wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:45 pm

aahmmm.. they don't have one yes but i'm pretty sure they used Robelu's magic to turn Gohan into a SS4 just a couple of missions ago and afaik they didn't mention anything about how it could only be done once or something to make an excuse.
Robel's magic can't do that. They used the Blutz wave machine that GT Bulma built to turn XGohan into SS4.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:24 pm

Robel's magic can't do that. They used the Blutz wave machine that GT Bulma built to turn XGohan into SS4.
Really??? i was pretty sure that was the case for some reason, well they could still use the machine again for Trunks or was something said about that??

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:52 pm

Dragotaker wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:24 pm
Really??? i was pretty sure that was the case for some reason, well they could still use the machine again for Trunks or was something said about that??
XGohan went SS4 using the Blutz wave machine in both the arcade and the manga. Robel fixed the machine with her magic in the manga, she was not the cause herself.

As to why she only did to XGohan, it's likely because he's had experience with being a Great Ape and had exhibited some degree of control or consciousness back in the Saiyan arc. You can't become SS4 without having control of that form, XTrunks and XGoten would presumably have a significant harder time to do so. In the manga, she says that it can unleash XGohan's latent potential and we know that Gohan's shtick is all about his 'potential.'

So the only way XTrunks or XGoten can become SS4 is if they can be irradiated with enough Blutz waves to turn them into Great Apes... which right now seems downright impossible unless a new skill appears or they go back to the same point during the GT era.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:12 am

Rakurai wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:51 pmHence, I said around each other's level. Unless you're implying that a hypothetical BoG SS3 Vegetto could defeat the same Super Yi Xing Long that SS3 XGohanks defeated.
Nope. All I'm saying is that a requirement to perform the fusion dance is not how you measure the power level. Like I said, if there is a difference in power, one can increase or decrease his power to match the other one. We can't say the fusees are around the same level when such thing is involved. For all the possibilities, Xeno Trunks could be much stronger than Xeno Gohan or vice-versa.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:25 am

Grimlock wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:12 am We can't say the fusees are around the same level when such thing is involved.
While it's not absolute, it's a rule-of-thumb that was established by the original series and hasn't been contradicted. One hasn't proven to be superior over the other, and this is the most evidence we have of their strengths relative to each other.

Regardless, my original point is that their powers in base should be far above the likes of BoG base Goku, comparable to base powers of CC Goku and Vegeta, so it's strange that SSG XTrunks was implied to be a power capable of contending with Mechikaboola when the previous Time Patrol, even with fusion, wasn't capable of doing so (one explanation could be that they are exhausted, so it's better to pull their powers together into one person for efficiency). And at their levels, even base fusion should be far, far stronger than the power boost granted by SSG. Of course, this could be cleared up later on but for now this is what we have.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:33 am

Rakurai wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:25 am
Grimlock wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:12 am We can't say the fusees are around the same level when such thing is involved.
While it's not absolute, it's a rule-of-thumb that was established by the original series and hasn't been contradicted. One hasn't proven to be superior over the other, and this is the most evidence we have of their strengths relative to each other.

Regardless, my original point is that their powers in base should be far above the likes of BoG base Goku, comparable to base powers of CC Goku and Vegeta, so it's strange that SSG XTrunks was implied to be a power capable of contending with Mechikaboola when the previous Time Patrol, even with fusion, wasn't capable of doing so (one explanation could be that they are exhausted, so it's better to pull their powers together into one person for efficiency). And at their levels, even base fusion should be far, far stronger than the power boost granted by SSG. Of course, this could be cleared up later on but for now this is what we have.
In the scaling that I made according to the game dialogues, SSG XTrunks should be roughly somewhat stronger than SS4 XGoku and XVegeta.

Okay Base fusion wouldn't top that, but SS would be near it and SS2/SS3 would surpass it. We may again have the case which no one truly talks about, about XTrunks doing the same mistake as Goku did in BoG and simply overestimating SSG or underestimating Fusion. With his case it could have very well been standard SS Vegito, but here we know from the previous fights that XTrunks refers to SS3 XGohanks, unless if it's yet again some shenanigans referring to Base Fusion etc.

In the sense of "woah with this form I am stronger even from when we fuse together!" (I hope you get what I mean)
P O W E R

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:29 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:33 am
In the scaling that I made according to the game dialogues, SSG XTrunks should be roughly somewhat stronger than SS4 XGoku and XVegeta.

Okay Base fusion wouldn't top that, but SS would be near it and SS2/SS3 would surpass it. We may again have the case which no one truly talks about, about XTrunks doing the same mistake as Goku did in BoG and simply overestimating SSG or underestimating Fusion. With his case it could have very well been standard SS Vegito, but here we know from the previous fights that XTrunks refers to SS3 XGohanks, unless if it's yet again some shenanigans referring to Base Fusion etc.

In the sense of "woah with this form I am stronger even from when we fuse together!" (I hope you get what I mean)
I'm not entirely convinced that the SSG XTrunks is stronger than Goku or Vegeta yet, much less fusions of the Time Patrol. Cause that would mean he's also way stronger than SSB CC Goku and Vegeta, and there's nothing to imply the're a huge gap between their bases and the TP's bases. It could very well just be a 'let's nerf the other characters for now so that our new character can shine brightly' type of situation.

I believe it is a situation where the TP weren't at their full strength, considering the Dark Demon realm army immediately chased them to their hideout after the previous mission. I believe this based on the fact that in the UVM11 anniversary trailer, we see everyone is in base only and clearly battle-damaged, and in the UVM11 trailer, XGoku and XVegeta are not transformed either when fighting against Fin, unlike UVM8-10. Though the trailers themselves aren't indications of what exactly happens in the arcade, they are still representations of the setting in which the mission takes place in.

Or it could be a SS4 XGohan type of situation all over again, where we know that a character got majorly powered up, but not necessarily stronger than whatever the most the they could output.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:08 am

Yes that could be the case. Well, still a SSG is quite the advantage to be honest. They might actually use the form not only for it's power, but for it's abilities. Perhaps God Ki is the answer to fight Mechikaboola. Perhaps the whole healing thing might return but with an expanded approach. Who knows.
P O W E R

Grandpriest3

Post by Grandpriest3 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:29 pm

https://imgur.com/a/MJkqk9r
If anyone could translate this it would be much appreciated.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:55 pm

Grandpriest3 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:29 pm https://imgur.com/a/MJkqk9r
If anyone could translate this it would be much appreciated.
Pretty sure you can find that on Youtube dude

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:00 pm

The design is virtually the same, but I like SS4 Bardock Xeno much more than regular SS4 Bardock

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:00 pm

So we really have to wait till the end of the month for a 8 minutes episode. :yawn:

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:38 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:00 pmThe design is virtually the same, but I like SS4 Bardock Xeno much more than regular SS4 Bardock
Only missing post-Time Breaker regular Bardock as Super Saiyan 4. The design could be even better, given the black accessories he wears.

Well, speaking of missing, we still don't have Super Saiyan 3 regular Bardock (only in XV2 at least) and his Super Saiyan 2 post-Time Breaker (with the accurate hair) is still not playable. No hope for these to pop up at all anymore. :(
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:40 pm

Zamasu55 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:00 pm So we really have to wait till the end of the month for a 8 minutes episode. :yawn:
maybe doing their best for the final fight... maybe

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:41 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:40 pm
Zamasu55 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:00 pm So we really have to wait till the end of the month for a 8 minutes episode. :yawn:
maybe doing their best for the final fight... maybe
Maybe just maybe the reason they decided to postpone the date was because since this is the final fight they are doing a longer episode than the ones before, really hope this is the part where we see both stories collide

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:55 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:00 pm The design is virtually the same, but I like SS4 Bardock Xeno much more than regular SS4 Bardock
I mean, the only different thing about the Xenos in terms of appearance is the clothes. And since XBardock's spandex doesn't change, his SS4 appearance wouldn't change either.