Saiyan Nursing Capsule

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Saiyan Nursing Capsule

Post by Hulk10 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:24 pm

I wonder..... Do Saiyan women carry their babies to term and then put them into the nursing capsules. Dragon Ball Minus seems to imply that they do carry their babies to term. But is there any statements to say otherwise?
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Saiyan Nursing Capsule

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:51 pm

They might put them in a chamber like that prematurely if they have to engage in an important fight, as pregnancy would be a hindrance I would think.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:57 pm

Yeah maybe.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:45 am

I never got anything from Minus that implied they carried their pregnancies to term, and I've personally held the belief that they have the eggs fertilized in-vitro and the embryo is grown within the chamber. Given that the Saiyan race only numbers in the thousands, it'd be disadvantageous to have pregnant female warriors staying back on Vegeta instead of participating in missions, while at the same time it'd be dangerous to have a female warrior go out, since if she got killed, that'd be just that much greater of a blow to their overall population. If the fetuses are grown and maintained in incubation tanks on planet Vegeta, and grown there till they reach the developmental equivalent of a newborn human, then that'd allow the mother to go out on missions without issue, and at the same time not endanger the fetus.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:16 am

But lets not forget that Saiyan populations can't increase that easily. The manga implied a pregnancy carried to full term due to Gine saying that Kakarot had been in the capsule for 3 years. At least that's how I saw it. But I guess we aren't meant to know exactly what they do.

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:34 pm

Hulk10 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:16 am But lets not forget that Saiyan populations can't increase that easily. The manga implied a pregnancy carried to full term due to Gine saying that Kakarot had been in the capsule for 3 years. At least that's how I saw it. But I guess we aren't meant to know exactly what they do.
I personally see those three years as being the equivalent of a 9 month pregnancy, and then he's "born" when he comes out.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:42 am

Given most saiyan don't give much of a shit about their kids, it's likely they get put in the capsule as soon as it's safe for both kid and mother, and then they stay there until they are old enough to fend for themselves a little so they don't hinder the adult saiyans too much

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:22 pm

Darkprince410 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:34 pm
Hulk10 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:16 am But lets not forget that Saiyan populations can't increase that easily. The manga implied a pregnancy carried to full term due to Gine saying that Kakarot had been in the capsule for 3 years. At least that's how I saw it. But I guess we aren't meant to know exactly what they do.
I personally see those three years as being the equivalent of a 9 month pregnancy, and then he's "born" when he comes out.
I can respect that view even if I don't agree with it.