The Good old days of Dragonball websites.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

samuraix123
I Live Here

The Good old days of Dragonball websites.

Post by samuraix123 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:02 pm

Hello Everyone! Recently I have been trying to go through and find all these old sites again because idk...I miss em. LOL I miss seeing backgrounds like this were you can barely read the text because of the gifs on the page. http://www.angelfire.com/dbz/heroicfansubs/movies.html
I know it's silly in a age when I practically own the series over multiple sets but I get so nostalgic digging up some of these pages on Angelfire and looking to see if I can download old clips and garbage quality music videos and Gifs. Am I the only one who misses the days of looking at all the misinformation on all these old sites and laughing a bit and when the internet was a much smaller place to surf? As far as Dragonball is concerned, Kanzenshuu is the last stop that I have ever made.
Does anyone have any good memories on these old sites and maybe you could provide some links to the ones that are still working after 20 years haha I would like a couple screen shots too if someone could get me of Daizenshuu EX. I just get nostalgic for them and want to add them all to my digital scrapbook that I make and keep on storage.
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: The Good old days of Dragonball websites.

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:20 am

I remember going to the old Toonami site to read the titles of the upcoming episodes.

Right before the Buu arc aired, I saw an episode title with Videl in it and I wondered if that was a new villain :lol:
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:40 am

I miss "data" sites, that were copies of each other just in different "cool" designs :) you can't find those anymore

Xell
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xell » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:55 am

I was more of a Geocities kind of guy.

The Iron Fjord
Beyond Newbie

Post by The Iron Fjord » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:49 pm

http://dbzu.3gkai.com/index.html

I still read DBZ Uncensored periodically. Chris Psaros was a pretty eloquent guy.
The Iron Fjord will kick you in the nuts!

MajinTrunks

Post by MajinTrunks » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:46 pm

This used to be me in another life...

http://web.archive.org/web/200408092139 ... runks.html

I mostly just miss the old community. Lots of good friends back then.

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:54 am

dragonballarena.net was one of my favorites to visit next to DizenshuuEX
https://web.archive.org/web/20030201091 ... /index.php
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:55 am

My personal favorite was always good ol' Planet Namek. They had basically everything a fledgling fan such as myself needed at the time. Between them and one of the Pojo magazines that had massive guides on both DB and GT (both of which were no-shows in the US at the time), as well as massive episode and character guides in general, I was primed to absorb as much information on the franchise as quickly as possible.

As an aside (though it's also a really old website), I literally cannot read the title of this thread without remembering this. :lol:
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:01 am

Xell wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:55 am I was more of a Geocities kind of guy.
I was all about GeoCities, too! I had at least one Dragon Ball fansite dedicated to what I learned about "ki" (breathing and shouting techniques) in relation to my Taekwondo training. Some of it got a little too far out there for practical use but my site was unknown to the fandom at large anyway.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:21 pm

Besides this site (Then Daizex), I was heavy on SecretSaiyan, Dranet and MyFavoriteGames.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:36 pm

I remember myself and my first cousin browsing around here when it was still Daizenshuu EX back in the day, and of course also FUNimation's old DB/DBZ post 2000 site.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:15 pm

SHINOBI-03 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:54 am dragonballarena.net was one of my favorites to visit next to DizenshuuEX
Ooooh! I might have visited that back in the early 2000s. I visited so many thousands of Dragon Ball sites back then.

I also found that their old clips section still has some links that work, so I can add more of these old "OMG HQ JAPANESE CLIPS" to my archive of them from back in the day:
:mrgreen:

So much nostalgia. I know some people here get reaaaaally upset over how nostalgic a lot of people are, but I mean if I didn't have my fond memories, I'd probably be a very depressed individual.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:31 pm

Metalwario64 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:15 pm
SHINOBI-03 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:54 am dragonballarena.net was one of my favorites to visit next to DizenshuuEX
Ooooh! I might have visited that back in the early 2000s. I visited so many thousands of Dragon Ball sites back then.

I also found that their old clips section still has some links that work, so I can add more of these old "OMG HQ JAPANESE CLIPS" to my archive of them from back in the day:
:mrgreen:

So much nostalgia. I know some people here get reaaaaally upset over how nostalgic a lot of people are, but I mean if I didn't have my fond memories, I'd probably be a very depressed individual.
I remember going on a similar site as a kid sometime back in the early 00's that had horrible quality clips and some random full fansub episodes of all three series, though the name of the site escapes me seeing as that was many moons ago i'm pretty sure the subtitle translations on the videos were from Anime Labs.
Last edited by SuperSaiyaManZ94 on Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MajinTrunks

Post by MajinTrunks » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:42 pm

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:31 pm I remember going on a similar site as a kid sometime back in the early 00's that had horrible quality clips and some random full fansub episodes of all three series, though the name of the site escapes seeing as that was many moons ago i'm pretty sure the subtitle translations on the videos were from Anime Labs.
Anyone remember Super5.com? That's what this just reminded me of. It was like the go to for subbed GT episodes back in like... 2001-ish?

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:46 pm

MajinTrunks wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:42 pm
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:31 pm I remember going on a similar site as a kid sometime back in the early 00's that had horrible quality clips and some random full fansub episodes of all three series, though the name of the site escapes seeing as that was many moons ago i'm pretty sure the subtitle translations on the videos were from Anime Labs.
Anyone remember Super5.com? That's what this just reminded me of. It was like the go to for subbed GT episodes back in like... 2001-ish?
That may have been the site i went on back then though i can't remember exactly, though i'm betting that's the one seeing as it was well before FUNi brought GT over here on TV and home video.

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:19 am

I watched GT with Super5 subs and I still feel stupid that I threw them away when I got the official subs.
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

TVfan721
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TVfan721 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:47 pm

The Iron Fjord wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:49 pm http://dbzu.3gkai.com/index.html

I still read DBZ Uncensored periodically. Chris Psaros was a pretty eloquent guy.
No, he really wasn't.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:11 pm

These old sites made me fall in love with the super famicom Hyper Demensions. I remember dudes used to use really old ancient emulators to get it working in school and I used to think it was the most amazing thing ever to be playing something from Japan that wasn't released here lol I ended up buying it years later. :D Here lately I have been going and screenshotting the entire websites from Angelfire because I imagine one days these will be gone. I try to download the old clips,gifs,etc
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
#1 Paikuhan fan!

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:48 pm

Hey buddy! I just found a music video with dbz from super5 on an old site that still works haha I didn't know if you wanted me to upload it for you?
#1 Paikuhan fan!

MajinTrunks

Post by MajinTrunks » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:52 pm

samuraix123 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:48 pm
Hey buddy! I just found a music video with dbz from super5 on an old site that still works haha I didn't know if you wanted me to upload it for you?
Haha sure thing, might be fun for nostalgia's sake. Thanks :D