Information on Super Saiyan 4's power

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Information on Super Saiyan 4's power

Post by p-hyvo » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:54 pm

QuakingStar wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:10 pm That official statement specifically compares the SS4 transformations power to a hypothetical SS3 Vegito going by the images, context and translation. So SS4 is about as strong as Super Saiyan 3 Vegito would be, it is comparing the leaps in power from non fused base form to ss3 fused form, to the power that Super Saiyan 4 brings..

Acording to what was mentioned by another user above and by the fact Toyotaro/Kishimoto through Vados confirm fusion as being ones power added to the others power and then multiplied tens of times and the fusion compared is SS3 fusion, so A+Bx1000x400 = 800,000x base form which is Goku's SS4. Gohan has more potential of course so his SS4 would be stronger. That is why I say 800,000 tops
You still don't get it.
Plus, the statement you quote had an image of ssj vegeth, not ssj3.
And why is even kishimoto there? Dragon ball isn't his business lol

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:17 pm

I think the way this thread is going, the discussion would be more suited for the fan-made power levels thread.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:19 pm

Whoo boy...... I think the point is we don't know exactly how strong the SSJ4 form is.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

QuakingStar
Regular

Post by QuakingStar » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:30 am

I meant toriyama, that much should be obvious

QuakingStar
Regular

Post by QuakingStar » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:47 pm

Ok so recap.
Super Saiyan 4 is compared in power to the full power of Vegito which would be Super Saiyan 3(Goten and Trunks themselves are not SS3 or even SS2 but they can make Gotenks become SS3, while Goku and Vegeta are both SS2 and Goku can get to SS3, not to mention the context in the official post). So without numbers being used that is how strong Super Saiyan 4 form is, it would be even stronger for Broly and Gohan.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:29 pm

QuakingStar wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:47 pm Ok so recap.
Super Saiyan 4 is compared in power to the full power of Vegito which would be Super Saiyan 3(Goten and Trunks themselves are not SS3 or even SS2 but they can make Gotenks become SS3, while Goku and Vegeta are both SS2 and Goku can get to SS3, not to mention the context in the official post). So without numbers being used that is how strong Super Saiyan 4 form is, it would be even stronger for Broly and Gohan.
No ssj3 vegeth is referred to in the statement, his seen fullpower is ssj so the statement referred that, not some hypothetical things as his ssj3.
Even the image is one of ssj vegeth

QuakingStar
Regular

Post by QuakingStar » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:14 pm

So if we disount that not much changes. Super Saiyan 4 form is compared to Vegito's full power with Vegito himself on maybe being stronger.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:50 am

QuakingStar wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:14 pm So if we disount that not much changes. Super Saiyan 4 form is compared to Vegito's full power with Vegito himself on maybe being stronger.
The point is that his fullpower is ssj

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:46 am

For context, that’s the image you are talking about.

Merging With Vegeta!
After Goku and Vegeta use a merging item to merge, they become Vegetto! They can furthermore become a Super Saiyan, making them Super Vegetto! After the two strongest people merge, they become the greatest master in the universe! Perhaps even stronger than Super Saiyan 4!
Despite having a image of Base Vegetto, the text refers to the ability of becoming a Super Saiyan. So, in my opinion, it’s likely a comparison between SS Vegetto and SS4 Goku.

QuakingStar
Regular

Post by QuakingStar » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:36 am

My comment says that Hyvo

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:52 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:46 am For context, that’s the image you are talking about.

Merging With Vegeta!
After Goku and Vegeta use a merging item to merge, they become Vegetto! They can furthermore become a Super Saiyan, making them Super Vegetto! After the two strongest people merge, they become the greatest master in the universe! Perhaps even stronger than Super Saiyan 4!
Despite having a image of Base Vegetto, the text refers to the ability of becoming a Super Saiyan. So, in my opinion, it’s likely a comparison between SS Vegetto and SS4 Goku.
Thats the point

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:03 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:46 am For context, that’s the image you are talking about.

Do we have a Japanese scan of the segment? To make sure it's not made up\mistranslated by the Japanese-to-Chinese translator?
(I would comment on the Chinese-to-English translation... but I do not know Chinese and have to trust the translator)

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:10 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:03 pm Do we have a Japanese scan of the segment? To make sure it's not made up\mistranslated by the Japanese-to-Chinese translator?
(I would comment on the Chinese-to-English translation... but I do not know Chinese and have to trust the translator)
There is one, but Vegetto EX already covered it.

The text: 超サイヤ人4以上の強さかも!?

Noteworthy that he thinks we shouldn’t take it as a clear cut statement.

QuakingStar
Regular

Post by QuakingStar » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:31 pm

So I got it backwards, they are saying SS Vegito is perhaps stronger than the Super Saiyan 4 form with a question mark. That makes me think SS4 is still looked at as being somewhat stronger than that.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:48 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:10 pm
ankokudaishogun wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:03 pm Do we have a Japanese scan of the segment? To make sure it's not made up\mistranslated by the Japanese-to-Chinese translator?
There is one, but Vegetto EX already covered it.

The text: 超サイヤ人4以上の強さかも!?

Noteworthy that he thinks we shouldn’t take it as a clear cut statement.
I agree. I notice that Toriyama often says ''might" which suggests he doesn't want us to take it as a clear statement.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

QuakingStar
Regular

Post by QuakingStar » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:50 am

Super Saiyan 4 seems to have a sort of enhanced healing ability to it too, as once Goku was back to full power as a SS4 his injuries were gone.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:20 pm

They also implied that its a combination of the Oozaru, Super Saiyan and base form which makes it incredibly powerful. In addition to drawing out the user's power to its current limit. I also wish the form would have more powerful versions like SSB does and the regular SS form does. Much as I would like to believe that SSJ4 is so power it doesn't need higher evolutions I don't think its likely.

QuakingStar
Regular

Post by QuakingStar » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:34 pm

You mean it works as a second base form too?? I don't know about that because when Goku and Vegeta lose enough energy or get hurt bad enough they revert to their actual base form.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:38 pm

QuakingStar wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:34 pm You mean it works as a second base form too?? I don't know about that because when Goku and Vegeta lose enough energy or get hurt bad enough they revert to their actual base form.
No I don't mean that precisely.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:46 pm

QuakingStar wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:34 pm You mean it works as a second base form too?? I don't know about that because when Goku and Vegeta lose enough energy or get hurt bad enough they revert to their actual base form.
I see it more as a built-in Ultimate for Saiyans