Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

coola
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by coola » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:10 pm

Yasai9001 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:53 pm
Brikikoz wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:23 pm
Yasai9001 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:50 pm In all fairness, I believe Gohan still would have been able to turn Kakarot around if he didn't bump his head. The thing with Dragon Ball Multiverse's version of this is that they have Kakarot hellbent on killing humans due to being trained by his "mother" and being brainwashed in a sense.

In Toriyama's story, Kakarot wasn't given such orders. His mother and father told him to survive and not to stare at the full moon too much. Seeing that Vegeta was able to turn around after having a family of his own, I believe Gohan would have ultimately managed to do the same if Goku didn't hit his head. All he'd have to do is train him to be more disciplined and to hone his aggression through training and martial arts.

The bump on the head is nothing more but to make him forget his origins so Raditz's arrival is seen to us as a shock.
True, but, lets not forget, like with Potara time limit, Toriyama new Goku origins came after Multiverse Hanasia.

That 3rd panel...i need an adult?
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:47 pm

Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:09 pm

Looks like he's going to do a super version of the Rock Paper Scissors technique.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:49 am

Marco Polo wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:09 pm Looks like he's going to do a super version of the Rock Paper Scissors technique.
Where's he going to find a giant sheet of paper or giant scissors at this hour?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:38 am

Somebody please enlighten me: the last Cold special was meant to be the universe where the Androids won? And this universe is about Kakarot that is allied with Vegeta?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:38 am

Noah wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:38 am Somebody please enlighten me: the last Cold special was meant to be the universe where the Androids won? /quote]
Wait, that's what that was? What the fuck was the point in redoing the Cold fight then? Was it that important that we saw that Piccolo helped in this version?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:22 pm

Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:22 pm

I have been away for awhile and I'm baffled about why are we still in Specials.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:02 am

HeroR wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:22 pm I have been away for awhile and I'm baffled about why are we still in Specials.
It was explained in the preview for the chapter:

On Sunday 1st, we'll have a short special chapter on universe 13. Spot the moment everything changed!

Yeah, the normal chapter isn't finished yet, we're late.

Then again that's pointed out before every special since they mainly exist to give Asura more time to work on the main comic. Personally, I think it would be better to have a few month hiatus between main chapters sometimes. It wouldn't increase the number of main story pages released but serves the same purpose of giving him more time and fans take a break since most people skip the specials or read them at once when they finish.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:32 am

Skar wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:02 am
HeroR wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:22 pm I have been away for awhile and I'm baffled about why are we still in Specials.
It was explained in the preview for the chapter:

On Sunday 1st, we'll have a short special chapter on universe 13. Spot the moment everything changed!

Yeah, the normal chapter isn't finished yet, we're late.

Then again that's pointed out before every special since they mainly exist to give Asura more time to work on the main comic. Personally, I think it would be better to have a few month hiatus between main chapters sometimes. It wouldn't increase the number of main story pages released but serves the same purpose of giving him more time and fans take a break since most people skip the specials or read them at once when they finish.
It's just, didn't another Special just end? I thought they usually do a Special and then the main story. Not two Specials in a row.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:49 pm

HeroR wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:32 amIt's just, didn't another Special just end? I thought they usually do a Special and then the main story. Not two Specials in a row.
The next main story chapter was originally scheduled after the Cold special but it wasn't completed on time so they had a short special instead. I'm just saying that they attempted to explain it in preview of the second special that the main story was late. They've occasionally had two specials in a row so it seems that it depends on how much work is required for the follow main story chapter unfortunately.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:28 pm

Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:23 pm

One thing that's different from canon is that in canon Gohan told Goku never to look at the full moon, so he must have survived at least one Oozaru attack, only to be killed in a later one.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:01 pm

Nice little touch of the Dragon Ball in the corner.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:38 pm

2 specials and some sketches as filler. I know the main comic takes time but jeeeeze.

Also these specials where everyone does are boring, we already saw a flashforward from this universe, twice I think. Nothing interesting or clever was revealed her. Just mean spirited violence .
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:45 pm

What a beautifully haunting image...

That aside... I feel let down. I've a Bachelor's degree in Psychology. Even so, I cannot think of what kind of programming Goku would've been through to make him act like this. Someone who acts normal towards animals, and an utter sociopath towards humans.

Perhaps they could've got him "addicted" to killing humanoids. Repeated the exercise so many times that it just became 2nd nature to him... But that wouldn't have suppressed his emotions. It wouldn't have taken away his need for love and companionship.

Realistically, a Goku that could bond with Krillin in just a day should've been able to bond with Gohan, too. There should've been way more of a conflict...

But oh well. This was a letdown, but, at the same time, I can't think of what would've been believable, either. Not with all the powerful fighters that could've stomped him.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:28 am

Kakarot in U13 should have landed with Tao. Tao could have made him a killing machine and ruthless and then when he surpasses Tao he kills him.

Maybe even have Crane Hermit train him and tell.him pretend to learn from Roshi so they have the turtle hermit teachings as well for the ultimate revenge.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:01 pm

Please, let this subplot be over at the end of this chapter...
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:22 pm

Its been months I forgot what happened in the main story.

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:51 pm

Babidi is panicking and not doing the smart thing of trying to take over more fighters while he has a chance.