Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Scsigs
I Live Here

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Scsigs » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:04 am

Saiga wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:57 am If someone is going around making fake allegations against JYB, I'd assume they were a Vic supporter acting in bad faith, because they're the ones who think making fake allegations are so easy and immediately effective.
It's definitely weird. Though, while I'm sure there are some Vic stans that hate that Johnny's in his roles now, he's seemed to be universally accepted elsewhere. The grifters seem to not actually care that JYB is taking Vic's place in his old roles, though they're grifters for a reason, since they just latched on to Vic's cause because they can't accept that some people are just shitty, awful people or just try to rail against certain things with their own narratives.
Though I HAVE heard that JYB did call Vic after he got the roles & Vic gave him his blessing after the discussed it for a bit, so I imagine some aren't mad at JYB because of how they respect one another & are just still butthurt at FUNi for doing what companies usually do in these situations.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:48 am

Scsigs wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:04 am .
Though I HAVE heard that JYB did call Vic after he got the roles & Vic gave him his blessing after the discussed it for a bit, so I imagine some aren't mad at JYB because of how they respect one another

Ew, I hope not.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:25 pm

JYB is being accused of something now? What is going on? God, I know some people won’t approve of me saying this, but the MeToo era has been such a clusterfuck. I’m certainly not part of the ISWV crowd, but I was afraid that this whole thing would set a dangerous precedent. It’s just one of many reasons why Twitter should never have existed.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:43 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:48 am
Scsigs wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:04 am Though I HAVE heard that JYB did call Vic after he got the roles & Vic gave him his blessing after the discussed it for a bit, so I imagine some aren't mad at JYB because of how they respect one another...
Ew, I hope not.
You hope not what? Johnny called Vic & Vic told him it was ok that he got his roles. Nothing wrong with that even with what happened with Vic.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:53 pm

Digging through Twitter (ugh), I found that this account that accused JYB apparently refers to themself as a “Social Justice Boogeyman”. Judging from that description, I’m guessing that this person is either secretly a Vic stan who’s trying to make the KickVic crowd look bad, or they’re a KickVic extremist who’s mad that JYB and Mignogna are supposedly friends, in which case, this person is not doing the movement any favors.

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:13 pm

Not that isn't without precedent (obviously), but I've found the JYB announcement incited a whole crop of unrelated rumors, with the most dubious being a fake news story of Ron beating Monica. Thankfully, there was a obvious tell within that unveiled it as shameless satire, but given how gullible Vic's supporters have proven themselves throughout this whole debacle, I wouldn't be surprised if it ever caught on.

Point is, whenever their pathetic attempts at smearing anyone with even the most peripheral involvement crop up, just quickly apply some rationality and move on. Their goalpost shifting was entertaining when the case was sputtering and dying, but now it's just gotten old IMO.

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:26 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:25 pm JYB is being accused of something now? What is going on? God, I know some people won’t approve of me saying this, but the MeToo era has been such a clusterfuck. I’m certainly not part of the ISWV crowd, but I was afraid that this whole thing would set a dangerous precedent. It’s just one of many reasons why Twitter should never have existed.
1) The total number of famous people who've been legitimately falsely accused in a MeToo scandal has still been ridiculously minuscule overall, and those of them who've been in any way seriously harmed by the false accusation are even smaller in number. The whole "this whole MeToo thing is a slippery slope to a whole rash of false accusations" argument has so far been a whole LOT of hand-wringing over something that hasn't actually really become an actual problem yet, and so far shows no signs of becoming one anytime soon.

2) By that same token, given the VASTLY and proportionally larger number of cases where a sex predator who's skated by for years/decades on the strength of their fame and celebrity have finally been outted/stopped and their victims finally seeing some form of justice makes wishing that the whole MeToo thing never started (which is basically what would happen without something like Twitter facilitating so many sexual assault victims being able to easily band together and give one another the strength to come forward) seem incredibly short-sighted and selfish.

3) Given the absurdly obvious & shady nature of those JYB accusations - which incidentally is also precisely why most of the relatively small number of false MeToo accusations tend to never take off or go anywhere: most of them have typically been beyond transparently phony and lacking in a hint of credibility, and thus tend to evaporate within a very short amount of time - Bosch will in all likelihood be absolutely fine and this will hardly even register and likely be forgotten in a matter of weeks/months (unless something genuinely credible and serious actually DOES come about: in which case, no one's sympathies should lie with JYB at all at that point).

Worrying about and catastrophizing this is both beyond silly as well as a total and absolute waste of energy. Save it for something that's actually a real issue and that has actual stakes.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:15 pm

Kunzait_83 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:26 pm
WittyUsername wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:25 pm JYB is being accused of something now? What is going on? God, I know some people won’t approve of me saying this, but the MeToo era has been such a clusterfuck. I’m certainly not part of the ISWV crowd, but I was afraid that this whole thing would set a dangerous precedent. It’s just one of many reasons why Twitter should never have existed.
1) The total number of famous people who've been legitimately falsely accused in a MeToo scandal has still been ridiculously minuscule overall, and those of them who've been in any way seriously harmed by the false accusation are even smaller in number. The whole "this whole MeToo thing is a slippery slope to a whole rash of false accusations" argument has so far been a whole LOT of hand-wringing over something that hasn't actually really become an actual problem yet, and so far shows no signs of becoming one anytime soon.

2) By that same token, given the VASTLY and proportionally larger number of cases where a sex predator who's skated by for years/decades on the strength of their fame and celebrity have finally been outted/stopped and their victims finally seeing some form of justice makes wishing that the whole MeToo thing never started (which is basically what would happen without something like Twitter facilitating so many sexual assault victims being able to easily band together and give one another the strength to come forward) seem incredibly short-sighted and selfish.

3) Given the absurdly obvious & shady nature of those JYB accusations - which incidentally is also precisely why most of the relatively small number of false MeToo accusations tend to never take off or go anywhere: most of them have typically been beyond transparently phony and lacking in a hint of credibility, and thus tend to evaporate within a very short amount of time - Bosch will in all likelihood be absolutely fine and this will hardly even register and likely be forgotten in a matter of weeks/months (unless something genuinely credible and serious actually DOES come about: in which case, no one's sympathies should lie with JYB at all at that point).

Worrying about and catastrophizing this is both beyond silly as well as a total and absolute waste of energy. Save it for something that's actually a real issue and that has actual stakes.
There’s no way of knowing the number of accusations that have been true or false. While there is sometimes video or photographic evidence to prove these things, much of the time, you have to rely on hearsay.

Regardless, a number of the allegations brought about by this movement have failed to lead to anything productive, and have simply been used to spread more vitriol and tribalist garbage. A good example is the Brett Kavanaugh debacle, which absolutely dominated the news cycle for several months, only for the man to get confirmed anyway. I don’t know if Kavanaugh is guilty or not, but the only thing that ordeal accomplished was fueling this victim mentality among both sides of the political spectrum.

Beyond that, there was also the ProJared situation that was mentioned many pages ago. Now, I’m not saying that ProJared didn’t do anything the least bit sleazy, but the man was accused of a couple of very serious accusations, only for it to turn out that they most likely weren’t true. Regardless, the guy will now forever be thought of as a child predator by certain people, simply because of the words of some faceless people on the Internet. Regardless of what you think of ProJared, no one deserves to be falsely accused of being a sex offender.

Lastly, while this technically predates the MeToo movement, the whole mess between Johnny Depp and Amber Heard has only resulted in both parties being accused of being abusers, with people being forced to choose who they want to side with.

What I’m trying to say is that, ultimately, while some good has undoubtably come out of the MeToo movement, the unfortunate reality is that it has created a weapon for people to exploit for their own ends, which is incredibly easy to do with dumpster fires like Twitter. It doesn’t help that one of the leaders of the movement (Ronan Farrow) is an opportunistic hypocrite who is essentially milking these stories for money and recognition. If Ronan Farrow really cared so much about victims of abuse, it sure is strange that he doesn’t care about the allegations that two of his siblings made against his mother.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:06 pm

"Calling out and publicly shaming abusers sets a dangerous precedent for calling out and shaming abusers." Way to focus on a minuscule effect at the expense of the overwhelmingly positive outing of abusive assholes that cannot be easily reprimanded in a court of law.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:09 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:15 pm
I would also bring up that some people have ruined it for others with false accusations to the point where some people don't take ANY allegations seriously & treat them all as fake. ProJared especially, since he definitively proved at least one of his accusers was clearly lying while the other was most likely lying. But, he took so long to provide evidence to this that his channel lost around 200,000 subs & he lost a lot of people's respect & had to break off from Normal Boots because he didn't wanna drag them down with him.
Also, there's the latest accusers of Michael Jackson where, if you look at all into their situation, it's clear nothing actually happened to them & they're accusing him to get a large amount of money out of his estate to keep them quiet. One of them's even willing to risk going to jail for lying under oath to get their pay day too.

Then, when the Vic shit started, I think there was a lot of stuff some people were bringing up as evidence of him being a creep that didn't mesh well with others. Like that one guy who lied about what went on at a con years ago that video evidence of the panel they were hosting proved his statements wrong. Plus, I don't believe Vic was perving on the underaged girls he took pictures with by doing dynamic poses or kissing them on the cheek. The more likely explanation is that he wanted to give them something to remember by surprising them with a kiss on the cheek & before that doing dynamic poses. I don't believe that was the best thing to do, but the stories (or at least the majority of them) never went beyond "he randomly kissed me on the cheek," which detracted from some of the other, more damning evidence or stories. Then there's how some people acted. Monica Rial REALLY didn't endear herself to anyone by constantly not giving any details on why she hated Vic & threatened to sue people by taking screenshots of the worst replies she got rather than, y'know, maybe staying off social media for a bit & letting things play out. I mean, it really didn't help her cause that that's what Vic did.

On the bright side, though, Onision's finally getting what's coming to him for a decade of shit that he's done to his passed girlfriends or other girls he's lured to his house. He's definitely going to prison in 2020.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:04 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:06 pm
"Calling out and publicly shaming abusers sets a dangerous precedent for calling out and shaming abusers." Way to focus on a minuscule effect at the expense of the overwhelmingly positive outing of abusive assholes that cannot be easily reprimanded in a court of law.
I think the MeToo movement certainly started from a place of good intentions (again, outside of Ronan Farrow, who I really do not like). It’s great that people like Harvey Weinstein finally got outed. It just seems that people have been taking the wrong lessons away from it, and that’s what bothers me. Instead of getting people to unify against predatory behavior, it’s created more anger and tribalism in the West. There have even been a few people who have committed suicide over this, such as Jill Messick.

At the very least, I wish that we didn’t have garbage like Twitter and Kiwi Farms (and yes, I think the two are comparable) to exacerbate this stuff.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:26 am

There's no doubt in my mind that Kavanaugh is guilty. The Republicans confirmed him anyway because they have no shame (FFS, they elected a guy who was recorded openly bragging about sexually assaulting women).

ProJared... I think a lot of people were eager to believe the initial accusations because he styled himself as a feminist, and they wanted to frame feminists as hypocrites. If he had been a right-winger they would have defended him like they did to Vic.

Now I don't believe any accusations I hear right away, when I first heard the Vic stuff all I knew about him (besides which characters he voiced) was that he had been known for refusing to sign gay fanart/fanfiction. So I didn't know what the deal was. I only decided that he was most likely to be guilty after all of the evidence and multiple reports came out, how many there were, how far back they stretched, etc. When he pretty much admitted to most of it in that laughingstock of a trial that was the final nail in the coffin. Vic is 100% guilty.

A lot of the actual false accusations that you see floating around recently are typically by alt-right types attempting to cover for guys like Vic by accusing their accusers. Basically a childish 'NO U' response, and since they don't have any actual evidence for them, they are quickly dismissed.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:29 am

Creating discourse isn’t necessarily the problem with the MeToo movement. Discourse and exposing and laying bare criticism of people’s beliefs and how society handles injustices in relation to sexual assault is a good thing.

A far more valid criticism is that it’s something that has been largely co opted by rich celebrities. While I have no problem with celebrities exposing how people have abused them throughout their lives and naming and shaming powerful figures who abuse power, this largely has resulted in the movement being a bit less accessible for people who aren’t rich and famous and who don’t have a voice or platform to voice their experiences.

I think this is definitely a topic worth having a ongoing discussion about in a forum like this, but is there a thread where members of this forum could just exclusively discuss these issues, because constantly needing to relate it back to Vic can be a bit tiresome.(there may be problems around making such a topic not toxic, but I still think it would a discussion worth having even with some toxicity to it)

Saimaroimaru
Advanced Regular

Post by Saimaroimaru » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:04 am

miguelnuva1 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:59 am
Saiga wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:47 am Yeah, Shield Hero's "benevolent slavery" subtheme is really gross. The series makes it clear the the MC is an asshole - he originally wanted a female slave so he could abuse her and take his frustrations at the girl who framed him on the slave, and he initially treats his child slave like shit only to warm up to them which makes Raphtalia fall in love with him and be completely loyal to him.

He gets portrayed as this really nice guy for showing some tiny decency to this slave, while the people who call him out for having slaves are portrayed as wrong and spiteful.

His justification for having slaves is because he lacks offensive abilities so he needs people to fight for him... But that kind of falls apart when he continues to keep slaves after being introduced to people who would willingly fight for him.
That's not what happens at all. The Shield Hero is mistreated by everyone when he first arrives and is set up which causes him to mistrust everyone so in return his mistrusts Raphtalia. The entire time however while he is using her he is trying to teach her to be strong and seek revenge similar to himself. He wants to show up the other heroes who doubted him and he wants her to fight for him and avenge her parents. Eventually he starts to see her in a daughter type way, such as curing her cold, feeding her and getting her a ball to play with.

Also by the time people began wanting to fight for him his slaves that are really just slaves in name only are actively wanting to fight alongside of him anyway. The slavery subplot is there to show how flawed and insecure the main character is and how he thinks everyone will leave him it is later a way for Raphtalia to show him she trusts him and we even she she was a victim of real slavery and he saved her from that.
Saimaroimaru wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:57 am
miguelnuva1 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:47 am

What gets me about Shield Hero is the use of slavery by the MC & how very Stockholm Syndrome the relationship he has with his party. When Raphtalia had her slave crest removed & proved that she was still loyal to Naofumi, she went as far as to get the slave crest being put back on herself. It just sours me to the series as whole how hand wavish people get about that aspect of the series. Only in anime can you have a series in 2019 that has the slave owner be good guy. I know we like our characters with flaws but ugh. I watch the show but I'll never support it financially in any way.
That's the thing about Morality. The initial act of slavery is not necessary evil it is how the master treats slave. Chewbacca prior to the new Disney series was more or less a slave to Han Solo due to the life debt he had. There are good slave owners far and few that are simply outweighed by the bad and Naofumi even in his worst state was never a bad master. He might have been mean, short and harsh but never bad.

Slavery isn't evil? Woah, that is a lot to unpack there.

So lets see, you trying to down play the evil act of enslaving someone, then try to say its ok because somehow everyone else does it. Then straight to the "good slave master" excuse that has been spoken to death since before any of us was a thought.

Just what the Shield Hero ordered, a fresh cup of slavery apologism.

This just reads like something a privileged ignorant person would spew. Word of advice: Don't spew slavery apologia to someone who can name(among other things) with historical documentation their slave ancestor.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:55 am

The Vic stans accusing Bosch are the same as the ones responding to all Marchi's tweets with "HAHA I LIED ABOUT VIC ASSAULTING ME LIKE YOU TOLD ME TO US SJWS NEED TO STICK TOGETHER TO PRESERVE THE JEWISH MEDIA CONTROL HAHA I AM COMMUNAZI KEK". It's so completely obvious these aren't done in good faith and only exist to either buffer any further exposure of Mignogna's behavior or smear his replacement as much as possible.

But like with Sabat earlier, unsubstantiated claims of sexual assault from defenders of sexual predators as an act of spite are tenuous at best, made even worse when we literally haven't got a single name to attach them to. What kind of sex pest has no victims?

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:27 am

Saimaroimaru wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:04 am
Saiga wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:47 am Yeah, Shield Hero's "benevolent slavery" subtheme is really gross. The series makes it clear the the MC is an asshole - he originally wanted a female slave so he could abuse her and take his frustrations at the girl who framed him on the slave, and he initially treats his child slave like shit only to warm up to them which makes Raphtalia fall in love with him and be completely loyal to him.

He gets portrayed as this really nice guy for showing some tiny decency to this slave, while the people who call him out for having slaves are portrayed as wrong and spiteful.

His justification for having slaves is because he lacks offensive abilities so he needs people to fight for him... But that kind of falls apart when he continues to keep slaves after being introduced to people who would willingly fight for him.
That's not what happens at all. The Shield Hero is mistreated by everyone when he first arrives and is set up which causes him to mistrust everyone so in return his mistrusts Raphtalia. The entire time however while he is using her he is trying to teach her to be strong and seek revenge similar to himself. He wants to show up the other heroes who doubted him and he wants her to fight for him and avenge her parents. Eventually he starts to see her in a daughter type way, such as curing her cold, feeding her and getting her a ball to play with.

Also by the time people began wanting to fight for him his slaves that are really just slaves in name only are actively wanting to fight alongside of him anyway. The slavery subplot is there to show how flawed and insecure the main character is and how he thinks everyone will leave him it is later a way for Raphtalia to show him she trusts him and we even she she was a victim of real slavery and he saved her from that.
Saimaroimaru wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:57 am

That's the thing about Morality. The initial act of slavery is not necessary evil it is how the master treats slave. Chewbacca prior to the new Disney series was more or less a slave to Han Solo due to the life debt he had. There are good slave owners far and few that are simply outweighed by the bad and Naofumi even in his worst state was never a bad master. He might have been mean, short and harsh but never bad.

So lets see, you trying to down play the evil act of enslaving someone, then try to say its ok because somehow everyone else does it. Then straight to the "good slave master" excuse that has been spoken to death since before any of us was a thought.

This just reads like something a privileged ignorant person would spew. Word of advice: Don't spew slavery apologia to someone who can name(among other things) with historical documentation their slave ancestor.
I'm African American myself first of all. Secondly the world is not black and white. Slavery was used to abuse people for several hundreds but that is because the masters were bad people.

In the context of shield hero while he has slaves his slaves are treated well and of slavery was still a law in the united states and I was forced into it I'd rather have Naofumi then someone who would beat me for not working the way he wanted.

There is good and evil everywhere and shades of grey to everything. To label Nafumi with the monsters from 2000 years ago just because his friends are technically slaves is an injustice to me.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:47 am

Saimaroimaru wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:04 am

I'm African American myself first of all. Secondly the world is not black and white. Slavery was used to abuse people for several hundreds but that is because the masters were bad people.

In the context of shield hero while he has slaves his slaves are treated well and of slavery was still a law in the united states and I was forced into it I'd rather have Naofumi then someone who would beat me for not working the way he wanted.

There is good and evil everywhere and shades of grey to everything. To label Nafumi with the monsters from 2000 years ago just because his friends are technically slaves is an injustice to me.
Um, when it comes to slavery, there are literally no shades of grey. Slavery fundamentally is about depriving people of their autonomy and asserting your ‘superiority’ and control over them. The ‘good master’ crap is irrelevant.

A show participating in slavery apologia should be frowned upon for misrepresenting or not considering the actual ramifications of it.

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:26 am

miguelnuva1 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:59 amThat's the thing about Morality. The initial act of slavery is not necessary evil it is how the master treats slave. Chewbacca prior to the new Disney series was more or less a slave to Han Solo due to the life debt he had. There are good slave owners far and few that are simply outweighed by the bad and Naofumi even in his worst state was never a bad master. He might have been mean, short and harsh but never bad.
miguelnuva1 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:27 amI'm African American myself first of all. Secondly the world is not black and white. Slavery was used to abuse people for several hundreds but that is because the masters were bad people.

For real though: this person (who's race/ethnicity matters not in the slightest fucking bit in this context) is actually defending real life slavery based upon fictional depictions of it from fantasy media like Star Wars and this Shield Hero anime (which I've never even heard of prior to this thread, but it looks and sounds absolutely fucking awful).

Do we REALLY actually need to run through the whole "real life and fantasy/fiction are two VERY different things" discussion here?

Some Protips here guys, for those of you whose parents, family, guardians, and school system were apparently complete and abject fucking failures at their job:

1) Expert martial arts training in real life doesn't actually grant you the ability to fly or fire energy beams from your hands.

2) Getting bitten by a radioactive spider won't actually turn you into a superhero. It will probably just given you a nasty skin rash, if anything.

3) A billionaire nutcase who adopts an underage child and sends him out into the night to go beat up random street thugs while dressed as a bird would in real life be (correctly and justly) locked up in an insane asylum for child abuse.

4) As weirdly and inexplicably "exotic" as the UK apparently seems to come off as to some diehard Britophiles out there, no, Britain doesn't actually have a school for witchcraft and wizardry, and when you actually call people in real life "Muggles" out loud as a grown adult, you sound like a total fucking lunatic moron.

5) Santa Clause isn't real. Neither is the Tooth Fairy. That was just your parents leaving you Christmas gifts and money under your pillow all along.

6) Vampires also aren't real. In real life, an inhuman, hideously grotesque, monstrous, undead parasitic creature who only exists to drain and siphon the life from a person is just called a Health Insurance Executive. They do actually sleep in coffins and their flesh does in fact burn up when in close proximity to a crucifix or holy water, but other than that the rest of the vampire lore is just fantasy/myth.

And of course, in the real world, slavery is inherently amoral, cruel, and abusive, and NO human being has ANY right whatsoever to property ownership of another flesh and blood sentient human being. Just like Wookies, the Jedi, the Force, lightsabers, Han Solo, and whatever the fuck nonsensical garbage is contained in Shield Hero (which again, sounds like absolute vomit), "benevolent & moral slavery" isn't actually a real thing in real life that has ever, will ever, or COULD ever actually exist, and is tantamount to the idea of "moral and ethical rape" (something which, yes, various subhuman scumfucks HAVE actually attempted to seriously argue the validity of).
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:48 am

miguelnuva1 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:27 amI'm African American myself first of all. Secondly the world is not black and white. Slavery was used to abuse people for several hundreds but that is because the masters were bad people.

Nahhh fam, I'm gonna have to speak for myself and the other black people on here when I say this:

NIGGA, PLEASE.

There's no such thing as "good slavery." There's no shades of grey with it. He "treats them well" is abuser logic.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:53 am

Good slave owners - sweet f'n Jesus! I'm not even going to look into how that topic of conversation got there.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.