"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:19 pm

The paid DLC is already available at Steam.

Thank goodness both Uub and Android 21 figures are good, can use them even if they kinda break my strategy (their SPD are high), and both have UR, unlike Super Saiyan God Vegeta, Mira and Janemba... All three I'd like to use, but being SR makes them unplayable.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:34 pm

End of the cutscene spoilers
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:45 pm

Kanassa wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:34 pm End of the cutscene spoilers
So it looks like I was right, that message at the end of the dlc was just for the devs to finally leave the game on a positive note by saying you still have things to do, just like what some other games do after you beat them.

End of an era man.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:54 am

So XV3 is next then?

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:11 am

Question is, do they wait till the PS5 & Xbox Scarlett are out, or do they release it for both those & the current consoles like Xenoverse 1?
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:59 am

Scsigs wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:11 am Question is, do they wait till the PS5 & Xbox Scarlett are out, or do they release it for both those & the current consoles like Xenoverse 1?
Most information we have suggests that they're waiting for the PS5.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:55 am

So... when exactly is the Ultra Pack 2 supposed to drop today? I'm asking because everywhere it just says today, but no exact time and I can't find it. It's neither in the Store on PS4 nor in the Webbrowser PSN Store. At least in Europe/Germany. Or am I the only one with this problem?
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:59 am

Kanassa wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:59 am
Scsigs wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:11 am Question is, do they wait till the PS5 & Xbox Scarlett are out, or do they release it for both those & the current consoles like Xenoverse 1?
Most information we have suggests that they're waiting for the PS5.
Really hope that's not 100% the case, and they can put it out for both PS4 and PS5. I bought my PS4 for Xenoverse 2 initially, if I have to buy the PS5 right away for 3...

...granted I might have to do so anyway if the rumors circulating about a Legend of Dragoon remake are true, but still.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:02 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:54 am So XV3 is next then?
DBZ: Kakarot is next. Then maybe XV3 the year after.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:15 pm

Xaroc wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:55 am So... when exactly is the Ultra Pack 2 supposed to drop today? I'm asking because everywhere it just says today, but no exact time and I can't find it. It's neither in the Store on PS4 nor in the Webbrowser PSN Store. At least in Europe/Germany. Or am I the only one with this problem?
Try again, it's avaiable on PS4.

p.s. Yes, i think we'll have XV3 in 2021. They could announce it in may 2020.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:08 pm

Well, after trying out both Uub and 21, both are interesting, but 21's moves, combos, etc, are pretty brutal.

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:30 pm

Gt91 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:15 pm Try again, it's avaiable on PS4.
Yeah, it worked for me after 5pm (CET), but thanks.

And yeah, I already hate those new PQs. Stupid NPCs that you have to protect and even more Ultimate Spamming Enemies (I was so sick of Broly with his Scream of Death Insta Kill Mouth Move in the last DLC Pack and here he's back, and of course Oob always flies right into it).
At least I got all Moves from the last one and I don't care about C21's Super Souls and the Universe 6 Baseball Outfit.
But still, the RNG has NOT improved.

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:27 pm

I don't get the impression we'll see XV3 by 2021, nor get an announcement in 2020. Their focus is on DBZK and they still plan to continue updates to XV2. They gave us the "last cutscene" of the main story...but that's a rather meaningless statement. They'll still have Events and things and probably a few more DLC packs before stopping any further addons to the game. Primarily we'll probably see updates and DLC for DBZK instead.

With DBZK following Goku's story up through the end of DBZ, that just leaves them with open permission to either do DLC for it to bring in both Super and GT, or make Super and GT their own separate games in this style. Repeating stories is what they've been doing for years now and I don't get the impression they're going to stop now. Much as I'd like a XV3, I still don't see it coming down the pipeline.

It's more likely in 2020 we'll hear whether or not the Anime is returning or if we're getting a new movie, but anything about a new game after DBZK is highly unlikely. They're still going to push support for SDBH and the card games. Which is, frankly, much more profitable than making a 3rd XV title. Hell they're more likely to push out a few more DLC characters to FighterZ before announcing something, like DBFZ Ultimate which has all the DLC 6mo after the last DLC character is released and that'll come in 2021.

Just not optimistic. All the DLC for XV2 has, for me, been rather lazy. A21 is really the only new addition and leaving out her Majin form I feel is a huge loss. Plus Majuub is kinda boring. you'd think they'd wanna round out the ToP characters a bit with maybe Toppo or Dyspo, or Kale and Caulifla. Which...let's face it, they just may end up doing in about 4mo anyway. They'll drip feed content to keep players' interest while Toei drip feeds leaks about possible news to keep the community on edge.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:05 pm

Hopefully not. Let the game die.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:24 am

Just read that Justin Briner voiced Uub for this game. That's odd.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:56 am

5 new PQ, 2 new characters, do we have a new story mission too?

SaiyanKingMike

Post by SaiyanKingMike » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:17 pm

Anyone have luck getting gifts for majuub and goku for EOZ outfits or will that be given out during a raid?

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:29 pm

SaiyanKingMike wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:17 pm Anyone have luck getting gifts for majuub and goku for EOZ outfits or will that be given out during a raid?
Supposedly only on the Weekends in the TP Medal Shop. But that's only a rumor so far.
A little weird, because that's the only way to get the new "Story" Quest. It also forces people to get PS+ just for this one Mission.

Man, why won't Photon Swipe drop for me? I have every other of the new Moves except that one. Now the only thing I'm missing besides that are the Super Soul and the Universe 6 Uniform from the last new PQ.

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:10 pm

Xaroc wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:29 pm A little weird, because that's the only way to get the new "Story" Quest. It also forces people to get PS+ just for this one Mission.
GDI, I was afraid of that. *sigh* Why do they keep putting stuff behind an additional goddamn paywall. If I paid for the DLC, then I should have access to the entirety of that DLC. The only thing I should be blocked from doing without PS+ is playing online against people (and likewise the raids). Ugh.

At this point, I'm wondering if I shouldn't use the free week (do they still offer that?) of PS+ just to get to do that.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

SaiyanKingMike

Post by SaiyanKingMike » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:14 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:10 pm
Xaroc wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:29 pm A little weird, because that's the only way to get the new "Story" Quest. It also forces people to get PS+ just for this one Mission.
GDI, I was afraid of that. *sigh* Why do they keep putting stuff behind an additional goddamn paywall. If I paid for the DLC, then I should have access to the entirety of that DLC. The only thing I should be blocked from doing without PS+ is playing online against people (and likewise the raids). Ugh.

At this point, I'm wondering if I shouldn't use the free week (do they still offer that?) of PS+ just to get to do that.
Well the gift shop is open today with majuub's gift and you can do the final mission. Still no EOZ goku gift