"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by FlpShimizu » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:35 am

sangofe wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:20 am
Gt91 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:56 pm
emperior wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:06 pm I think a Vegeta-centered movie could work. Also it’s not like Goku would have to be sidelined but the focus could be on Vegeta, his character, his motivations, his past and could have some further progression on his character.

A Planet Sadala movie focusing on what means to be a Saiyan, on their history and with Vegeta as the lead character, with a brand new enemy connected to Saiyans could be interesting in my opinion.
Totally agree.
They can focus on yamoshi too.

p.s. is this new? I don't know if it's legit or not

https://twitter.com/ActualiteDB/status/ ... 2103227393

It talks about a concert where RYO spoiled the return of DBS and introduced a new song about vegeta (he couldn't talk about it until 2020)

Wrong. It was interpreted by someone that DBS will return. He didn't spoil it. Learn French or get accurate sources.
Learning another language requires time and money that many people don't have. Plus, he knew it wasn't the best source and that's why he came here to talk about it. Maybe you should learn english?
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:30 am

Gt91 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:36 am

Totally agree.

It talks about a concert where RYO spoiled the return of DBS and introduced a new song about vegeta (he couldn't talk about it until 2020)

Wrong. It was interpreted by someone that DBS will return. He didn't spoil it. Learn French or get accurate sources.
The first thing i said was "i don't know if it's legit or not".
We are on a forum and we discuss. I wonder how many people on this forum are from france or speak it anyway.
That's all.
Well, I know at least of three others more than me.
And listen, my reaction wasn't anything personal. I could however have worded things differently. But it annoys me when people don't bother verifying what you heard. Or run something through Google translate and spread what comes out as news. You said that but what you posted didn't correspond with what the source said.

The source doesn't say he spoils a new series. With posting that you're spreading misinformation. That's why I reacted to your post.
FlpShimizu wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:35 am

Totally agree.

Learning another language requires time and money that many people don't have. Plus, he knew it wasn't the best source and that's why he came here to talk about it. Maybe you should learn english?
FlpShimizu wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:35 am

Totally agree.

I'm curious as to why you're saying this. What makes you think that I don't know English?
Last edited by sangofe on Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:25 am

Gt91 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:36 am

Totally agree.

The first thing i said was "i don't know if it's legit or not".
We are on a forum and we discuss. I wonder how many people on this forum are from france or speak it anyway.
That's all.
Edit : for some reason I can't paste this into my previous post.

OK, so I had some time to sit down and translated this as your summary was wrong a crucial detail: it's an interpretation by someone that thinks super should be back soon.

Après avoir interprété une chanson relative à Vegeta, le concert a été suspendu temporairement pendant une vingtaine de minutes. En effet, Ryo Horikawa en aurait trop dit et n'aurait pas dû chanter cette chanson concernant Vegeta qui ne devait sortir qu'en 2020...
Actu DB
@ActualiteDB

English translation :
"After having interpreted a song was related to Vegeta, the concert was on hold for twenty minutes. The cause : Ryo Horikawa said too much and shouldn't have sung this that wasn't supposed to to come out before 2020..."

Dec 13
Il s'est excusé et a supplier le public de ne rien dire jusqu'à ce que l'annonce officielle ait lieue. L'interprétation de
@Freza_sama
qui était sur place est que Dragon Ball Super devrait revenir très prochainement en animé

English translation :
He apologized and begged the audience to not say anything before the official announcement happens. Freza_sama, who was there in-person, interprets this as Dragon Ball Super should be coming very soon animated.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:33 am

Ok, thanks for the correct translation.
We'll see on the 21th if there's something true behind this interpretation.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:43 pm

Gt91 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:33 am Ok, thanks for the correct translation.
We'll see on the 21th if there's something true behind this interpretation.
Yeah. Only 6 days from now on. Trust me, I want a TV show too.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:42 pm

The speculation behind a possible "vegeta movie" is because back in 2014 toriyama said he was considering one with him as the lead (obviously we got F the year later but it could be in his mind still) + horikawa being more active on twitter and excited so MAYBE it leads to that although its unlikely

It shouldn't shock anyone if it does happen, popularity is what rules db stories nowadays which is why we got broly and vegeta is insanely more popular than he was

https://twitter.com/DBSChronicles/statu ... 25825?s=20

Nanatsu88

Post by Nanatsu88 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:05 am

Good morning everyone. There are only 2 days left to leave doubts and know if they will announce something in the Jump Festa or not.
I wanted to tell you if anyone knows this twitter account that has been talking about the return of the series since April and claims to have proven information by several Toei workers.

https://twitter.com/dbs20191

Normally these accounts are not reliable but it is curious that Ajay himself has spoken with him in a public and private message. This person affirms and reaffirms that he has spoken with 3 Toei workers and there is no series in production and nothing will be announced about it nor will he return in April.

It is true that we have already made several attempts where the series could possibly return and in the end it has not been so. But this time there is one thing that completely changes the situation and the rumors: Kitaro will end in March.
The other times it was commented that they would move from time to Kitaro to put Super but that is an uncommon thing. In general, the series they give at that time and channel ends to start another.

This time the end of Kitaro is confirmed in March. The Bluray Boxes of the series confirm that it will end in chapter 99-101 and that confirms that if or if in April a new anime series produced by Toei should begin.

Being Super a worldwide success and earning the money they earn with the series, would it be normal for the anime to return before making a new series, right? If they make another totally new minimum series we would have 2 more years without Dragon Ball anime and that does not make much sense with all the success it is having.

In addition the manga has already advanced enough that they can adapt the chapters to the rhythm of One Piece and it would give Toyotaro plenty of time to finish the Moro saga.

What do you think in relation to all this? Do you think the twitter user is legit? Do you think they are going to announce the series this weekend? Do you think that the series will not be released in April or throughout 2020?

sorry for the long text

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PremiumSalt » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:41 am

Nanatsu88 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:05 am Good morning everyone. There are only 2 days left to leave doubts and know if they will announce something in the Jump Festa or not.
I wanted to tell you if anyone knows this twitter account that has been talking about the return of the series since April and claims to have proven information by several Toei workers.

https://twitter.com/dbs20191

Normally these accounts are not reliable but it is curious that Ajay himself has spoken with him in a public and private message. This person affirms and reaffirms that he has spoken with 3 Toei workers and there is no series in production and nothing will be announced about it nor will he return in April.

It is true that we have already made several attempts where the series could possibly return and in the end it has not been so. But this time there is one thing that completely changes the situation and the rumors: Kitaro will end in March.
The other times it was commented that they would move from time to Kitaro to put Super but that is an uncommon thing. In general, the series they give at that time and channel ends to start another.

This time the end of Kitaro is confirmed in March. The Bluray Boxes of the series confirm that it will end in chapter 99-101 and that confirms that if or if in April a new anime series produced by Toei should begin.

Being Super a worldwide success and earning the money they earn with the series, would it be normal for the anime to return before making a new series, right? If they make another totally new minimum series we would have 2 more years without Dragon Ball anime and that does not make much sense with all the success it is having.

In addition the manga has already advanced enough that they can adapt the chapters to the rhythm of One Piece and it would give Toyotaro plenty of time to finish the Moro saga.

What do you think in relation to all this? Do you think the twitter user is legit? Do you think they are going to announce the series this weekend? Do you think that the series will not be released in April or throughout 2020?

sorry for the long text
With all due respect to you, I couldn't care less what some random Twitter user says, especially considering their pinned tweet is "The DBS 'stages' are at the booth. There IS no on-stage DBS presence at Jump Festa.", which to my understanding isn't true.
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Moro 8. Tournament of Power 9. 21st Budōkai 10. Broly 11. Battle of Gods 12. Boo 13. U6 Tournament 14. Freeza 15. Red Ribbon Army 16. Artificial Humans/Cell 17.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:16 pm

Nanatsu88 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:05 am This time the end of Kitaro is confirmed in March. The Bluray Boxes of the series confirm that it will end in chapter 99-101 and that confirms that if or if in April a new anime series produced by Toei should begin.

IF a new series would be announced this weekend and it would start in April, you could look back and say, yes, this was a true indicator.
Now at this point it's a conclusion based on a fact, without knowing conclusion and fact are interconnected.
Just wait a few more days and we'll know. We've been speculating enough, endlessly.

If Super 2 isn't announced this weekend, i don't expect a DB-related anime to return within the coming 4-5 years. Unless the need for more money really asks for it as a last resort.
If a new movie comes first without adapting the unexplored manga in the anime, they have crossed a line on which they won't come back easily IMHO as long if they keep on making enough money.
They aren't going to bring a movie which is further ahead than Moro arc in the timeline, only to go back later and adapt that arc in anime format. They'll probably work chronologically.
If they bring us a further adaptation of the manga continuity, it's before the movie comes out, not after it.
Unless they adapt the Moro arc in a movie format first and start up the anime after that.
Last edited by Mister_Popo on Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:20 pm

At this point no "sources" especially some random dbs2019 twitter user should be acknowledged. In fact i have no doubt that if something is announced at JF be it movie or anime, a certain big youtuber will claim that he had heard things leading up to JF but chose not to say anything because "insert bs reasons"

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:38 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:20 pm At this point no "sources" especially some random dbs2019 twitter user should be acknowledged. In fact i have no doubt that if something is announced at JF be it movie or anime, a certain big youtuber will claim that he had heard things leading up to JF but chose not to say anything because "insert bs reasons"
Are you referring to Nerddom102? The famous totally legit youtuber of dragon balls?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:37 pm

I've been late to the party, read a couple of posts and... It seems that we will only know if we will be getting another movie or anime series on saturday? That's neat.

Hope it's a seasonal anime, it would be sad to once again tolerate terrible animated episodes like the infamous 5 and Goku vs. Freeza in the RoF arc.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Derf

Post by Derf » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:00 pm

PremiumSalt wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:41 amWith all due respect to you, I couldn't care less what some random Twitter user says, especially considering their pinned tweet is "The DBS 'stages' are at the booth. There IS no on-stage DBS presence at Jump Festa.", which to my understanding isn't true.
Nah, that is true. The DBS panels aren't on the main Jump Festa stage, they're on a smaller stage set up specifically at the Dragon Ball booth.

Here's a list of what's on the main Jump Festa stage:
https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status/11 ... 4502653952

That dbs20191 account is the same sort of unverified and silly claims we've been having for a while now, but he's not wrong on that.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:10 am

Derf wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:00 pm
PremiumSalt wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:41 amWith all due respect to you, I couldn't care less what some random Twitter user says, especially considering their pinned tweet is "The DBS 'stages' are at the booth. There IS no on-stage DBS presence at Jump Festa.", which to my understanding isn't true.
Nah, that is true. The DBS panels aren't on the main Jump Festa stage, they're on a smaller stage set up specifically at the Dragon Ball booth.

That dbs20191 account is the same sort of unverified and silly claims we've been having for a while now, but he's not wrong on that.
And isn't that kind of bad? I know people held on to hope because there was a mysterious surprise event scheduled for the main stage that people thought might be for DB but that ended up being for something else?
Either way, isn't it kinda telling that they don't have the main stage at all ?

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:39 am

Michsi wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:10 am

And isn't that kind of bad? I know people held on to hope because there was a mysterious surprise event scheduled for the main stage that people thought might be for DB but that ended up being for something else?
Why is it bad?

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:52 am

sangofe wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:39 am

Why is it bad?
Big announcements genuinely happen at the main stage, right? Something like a new series would warrant a slot at the main stage I think. People already thought this meant nothing new is coming back when the Jump Festa schedule was released.

Maybe I'm wrong and it doesn't mean anything. At least I hope so, but it does seem odd. We were at least a little more sure about a movie, but even this is now uncertainty. Well, we'll know tomorrow.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:42 am

Michsi wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:52 am

Why is it bad?
Big announcements genuinely happen at the main stage, right? Something like a new series would warrant a slot at the main stage I think. People already thought this meant nothing new is coming back when the Jump Festa schedule was released.

Maybe I'm wrong and it doesn't mean anything. At least I hope so, but it does seem odd. We were at least a little more sure about a movie, but even this is now uncertainty. Well, we'll know tomorrow.
Unless my memory is playing me tricks it wasn't a big thing for Super 1 either.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:59 am

sangofe wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:42 am

Why is it bad?

Super wasn't announced at Jump Festa , it happened April/May-ish iIrc. It came shortly after RoF. (also, I think Nozawa accidentally spilled the beans at a lesser known event, same as supposedly Horikawa did ) And yes, the whole thing was very unexpected which kinda spoke about how hastily it was planned (something that Super became kinda known for). We'd assume this shouldn't be the case here.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:21 am

We'll see tomorrow.
Fingers crossed :)

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:15 am

Michsi wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:59 am
sangofe wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:42 am

Super wasn't announced at Jump Festa , it happened April/May-ish iIrc. It came shortly after RoF. (also, I think Nozawa accidentally spilled the beans at a lesser known event, same as supposedly Horikawa did ) And yes, the whole thing was very unexpected which kinda spoke about how hastily it was planned (something that Super became kinda known for). We'd assume this shouldn't be the case here.
I didn't say it was. Why assume the announcement has to be different even if the show's more planned? You can't assume anything with Toei and the fact that it's not on the main stage doesn't matter, I think.