DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kaboom

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by Kaboom » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:01 pm

I'm totally down with TFS switching methods and using their own 3D animation assets for DBZ-related content from now on. It'll give them a lot more creative freedom AND hopefully also get Toei to piss off with all the constant bogus copyright claims. I liked the first Dragon Short a lot and I'm excited to see what else they plan to do with this format.

...As long as those plans still include DBZA Season 4. As in an actual abridged retelling of the Majin Boo arc, just like the last 3 DBZA seasons, only now done with CGI instead of edited footage from the original show.

If instead all we get from now on is only Dragon Shortz themselves eventually starring the Boo-arc versions of the characters, then I can't pretend I won't be disappointed and my interest won't drop like a brick. I've been eagerly awaiting Boo Abridged for too many years for any other outcome.

So fingers crossed, I guess.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:16 pm

I don't really care if they use the original footage or completely new footage, as long as the show remains funny, charming and endearing, as parodies based on popular works should be, that's all that matters to me.

Vegetes
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegetes » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:12 am

Honestly, If TFS somehow ever got around to finishing abridged, I would rather they do Dragon Ball abridged, I don't like super very much and TFS are masters of using foreshadowing in jokes, we could probably get a lot of moments with jokes foreshadowing stuff we see in DBZA abridged. And honestly it's sad that we aren't really gonna see characters like Tien and Krillin very much if we got super, who we could get a bunch more of in DBA.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:26 am

Vegetes wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:12 am Honestly, If TFS somehow ever got around to finishing abridged, I would rather they do Dragon Ball abridged, I don't like super very much and TFS are masters of using foreshadowing in jokes, we could probably get a lot of moments with jokes foreshadowing stuff we see in DBZA abridged. And honestly it's sad that we aren't really gonna see characters like Tien and Krillin very much if we got super, who we could get a bunch more of in DBA.
They said dozens of times they ain’t doing Super, so nothing to worry about there. Aside from the fact none of them like it that much, Toei would firebomb their office if they tried.

I’m pretty sure the plan is to wrap up DBZA and move onto original content anyway. Kaiser didn’t rule out doing other DB content in the Dragon Shorts format in the Q&A video. That’s another upside to switching to that: it doesn’t matter if characters like Krillin don’t have as much screen time, they can do what they like with them.

Gokitalo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gokitalo » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:01 pm

Brikikoz wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:18 pm I'm just waiting for the audio-improved remasters of season 1 so I can introduce new fans to DBZA without the empty periods of dead silence that came up a lot back then.
Actually, that was one of the things I admired about the first season. When TFS started inserting music into the episodes, there were moments, especially early on, where the songs they picked clashed with the comedy (such as in Garlic Jr. Abridged). There's always been a certain purity to Season 1 in that the humor took precedent over everything else, even if the jokes weren't always as polished as they are now.

Anyway, it is a bit of a bummer that they're using 3D animation for the next season, instead of the original footage, but I understand their reasons. If the humor's just as good as it's always been, it'll be a quick adjustment.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:01 pm

I remember Kaiser saying at one point on one of their gaming livestreams that they were tossing around the idea of doing movies for the OG DB arcs, which I'd love to see, since the arcs of OG DB are shorter than Z, so I know they could do it. It might be a bit rushed or missing some important stuff, but they could do it.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Gokitalo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gokitalo » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:00 pm

I'd love that. They'd have a ton of stuff to work with, as far as comedy goes.

MarCas92
Regular

Post by MarCas92 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:20 pm

DB-cember Predictions:

Time Skip
Kikoho
Makankosappo
——————-
In no order:
Kaio-Ken
Kienzan
Genki Dama
Taiyo Ken
Kamehameha < #1
Fusion
Instantaneous Movement
Mafuba

The other 1 could be anything: I could see Kaiser putting in something like the Zanzoken or Dodonpa but Lani could also push for Big Bang Attack/Final Flash. Maybe one of Freezas moves? Absorption? Blowing yourself up?
How do you get into the Ginyu Force? With a letter of RECOOMEndation!

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:41 am

Bansho64 wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:29 pm
PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:11 pm Well well well........ looks like our first ShortZ episode is here! Recommendation: DON'T SHAKE THE BABY.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8FzFz7Oulc
Well, ain't this a treat! This was really good. Kudos to everyone involved in making this, it really is a work of art. It was funny and also kinda sweet with that moment with Vegeta at the end.
Not a fan but it's more creative, that's for sure.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:40 pm

DBCember 2019.

Top 12 DB Techniques

#9 - Dragon Fist
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:03 pm

DBCember 2019.

Top 12 DB Techniques

#8 - Makuhoidan (Hellzone Granade)

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:08 pm

DBCember 2019.

Top 12 DB Techniques

#7 - Shunkan Ido (Instant Transmission)

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:16 pm

DBCember 2019.

Top 12 DB Techniques

#6 - Final Flash

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:17 pm

Valerius Dover wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:22 am Seems the Buu arc is gonna be done in the ShortZ style instead of using the original animation.
I dunno about you guys, but I'm down. The possibilities for what we could see are limitless now.
If this is a joke, it's a really bad one. If not then unfortunatelly this series finale was at Season 3. Don't mind me, I know they have they reasons and such, but I can't see myself being attached to the series more than I was with the later seasons by they editing the original source with silly 3D animation.

I give props to them for looking to other alternatives, but IMO not a good one.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:52 pm

Noah wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:17 pm
Valerius Dover wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:22 am Seems the Buu arc is gonna be done in the ShortZ style instead of using the original animation.
I dunno about you guys, but I'm down. The possibilities for what we could see are limitless now.
If this is a joke, it's a really bad one. If not then unfortunately this series finale was at Season 3. Don't mind me, I know they have they reasons and such, but I can't see myself being attached to the series more than I was with the later seasons by they editing the original source with silly 3D animation.

I give props to them for looking to other alternatives, but IMO not a good one.
What did you expect they do then for an alternative?
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:42 am

Scsigs wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:52 pmWhat did you expect they do then for an alternative?
Well, nothing. Just keep it was it is. They built a legion of fans from their early work using the original episodes, movies, specials and such. I know they said they burn out of ideas and don't know much how to lead the series from now on...

But myself and other people that I know who appreciate TFS work have no problem in waiting a whole year for a couple of episodes. I'm not like those who think they should have a schedule, just do this sh*t whenever you feel like it.

If we waited 6 years for the Season 3 to be finished, it's not a problem to wait 7 or 10 for the Season 4 as well.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:23 pm

DBCember 2019.

Top 12 DB Techniques

#5 - Kienzan (Destructo Disc)

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:10 pm

DBCember 2019.

Top 12 DB Techniques

#4 - Kaio Ken

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:41 pm

I was surprised to see the Kaio-ken so high up, but I'm pleasantly surprised. It's a cool technique that got overshadowed by Super Saiyan.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:36 pm

I’m guessing the Kamehameha is going to be at number one. It’s a pretty boring technique in hindsight, but it is iconic and it was the first beam attack introduced in the series, so I can’t imagine what else they would pick. Maybe the Genki Dama?