"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Rakurai » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:50 am

SDBH Big Bang Mission theory time!

So I went back and re-read the manga Prison Planet arc and noticed a little detail. The Potara earrings that XGoku and XVegeta used were from the Elder Kaioshin.

The only one at the time who was able to support the Time Patrol b/w the end of SDBH8 (DDR) and start of UVM3 (Demigra Assault) was Elder Kaioshin. Furthermore, it was only XGoku & XVegeta who were recovering from their last battle, and not everybody. Since Prison Planet arc was being released concurrently, I feel like this actually might imply Demigra Assault happening sometime after Prison Planet arc.

Of course, it also depends on who gives XGoku & XVegeta their earrings in UVM12 (right now the main bet is Kaioshin of Time), if they will even specify such a detail - the arcade is notorious for leaving out interesting little details like Cumber's reaction to SSG, or Kaioshin of Time's Angel remark. And unfortunately, arcade doesn't specify to whom the Xeno's Potaras belonged to in UVM4.

Now, since this is the manga, some event details can change here and there, but moving around the time placement of whole arc chunks seems extremely unlikely. Furthermore, we don't know what happened to V4 afterwards, and it would be just weird if XGoku & XVegeta were to leave the affair with Fu unsettled and go back to the Time Nest.

I still believe that the order is DDR -> Demigra Assault -> Mechikaboola -> PP -> Universe Survival -> BBM, but we'll really have to wait until BBM (maybe UVM12, if we're lucky) to find out more or know for sure. And I don't think it's a guarantee that we'll get an exact answer either, it'd be very easy for them to gloss over this timeline placement question.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:51 am

Rakurai wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:50 am SDBH Big Bang Mission theory time!

So I went back and re-read the manga Prison Planet arc and noticed a little detail. The Potara earrings that XGoku and XVegeta used were from the Elder Kaioshin.

The only one at the time who was able to support the Time Patrol b/w the end of SDBH8 (DDR) and start of UVM3 (Demigra Assault) was Elder Kaioshin. Furthermore, it was only XGoku & XVegeta who were recovering from their last battle, and not everybody. Since Prison Planet arc was being released concurrently, I feel like this actually might imply Demigra Assault happening sometime after Prison Planet arc.

Of course, it also depends on who gives XGoku & XVegeta their earrings in UVM12 (right now the main bet is Kaioshin of Time), if they will even specify such a detail - the arcade is notorious for leaving out interesting little details like Cumber's reaction to SSG, or Kaioshin of Time's Angel remark. And unfortunately, arcade doesn't specify to whom the Xeno's Potaras belonged to in UVM4.

Now, since this is the manga, some event details can change here and there, but moving around the time placement of whole arc chunks seems extremely unlikely. Furthermore, we don't know what happened to V4 afterwards, and it would be just weird if XGoku & XVegeta were to leave the affair with Fu unsettled and go back to the Time Nest.

I still believe that the order is DDR -> Demigra Assault -> Mechikaboola -> PP -> Universe Survival -> BBM, but we'll really have to wait until BBM (maybe UVM12, if we're lucky) to find out more or know for sure. And I don't think it's a guarantee that we'll get an exact answer either, it'd be very easy for them to gloss over this timeline placement question.
It is very well possible prison planet happens right before demigra’s return with the xeno shadow dragons, this is DB(and specifically DBH) so time travel is very well possible, that a future Fu made prison planet. Also in UVM5(arcade) after V4’s battle with Cumber he defuses then fu goes super fu and fights Goku Xeno and vegeta xeno, after that he creates a time rift and escapes to another timeline with cooler following him, then when Goku CC UI is fighting Cumber Goku Xeno IT the other CC characters and Vegeta xeno off of the prison planet, so it is very well possible they did just go to the time nest after dropping off the CC characters, then demigra attacks. Also I noticed in your UVM5 translations you didn’t cover ozotto’s path, I could send you the dialogue if you’d like. :)

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:17 am

Just looking at the promotional images, I can already tell that UMV12 will drive insane those people fixated on Power levels.

Is V4 stronger than Gogeta Blue? Are they on the same level? Who's stronger, Godslayer Hearts or Mechakibura? Where does Trunks SSG stand?

Zarely
Banned

Post by Zarely » Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:22 am

I don't really follow this game. What the hell is V4? Is that Super Saiyan 4 Xeno Vegito?

And they're starting a new saga or something? I know the stuff revolving around Hearts is ending in the anime with the next episode. Is the Mechikabura stuff wrapping up as well?

This Big Bang mission is the next thing yeah? That involves the Xeno or mainline characters?

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:20 am

I don't really get why people keep using acronyms for everything when it takes less than a second to type the whole word. It makes it extra confusing. I lurk here often and I barely know what you guys are talking about most times, let alone someone new. But you guys seem pretty content having a conversation between yourselves so carry on.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:04 am

Zarely wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:22 amI don't really follow this game. What the hell is V4? Is that Super Saiyan 4 Xeno Vegito?
DNA wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:20 amI don't really get why people keep using acronyms for everything when it takes less than a second to type the whole word. It makes it extra confusing. I lurk here often and I barely know what you guys are talking about most times, let alone someone new. But you guys seem pretty content having a conversation between yourselves so carry on.
You tell me you guys don't understand that T was the first to get a transformation? It was T1. Then B1 appeared, it was quite a fuss back then, he even got a manga and an anime. V3 and B3 came next but those weren't new, they had appeared before in other games.

When it comes to villains, BJ was technically the first one to get a new form (not counting B3). You guys have to keep up with the acronyms. By the way, my favorite characters are P-TBB2, J, M, T, F and KV/DMK. What's your favorite? Please use acronym. :)
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:27 am

Zarely wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:22 am I don't really follow this game. What the hell is V4? Is that Super Saiyan 4 Xeno Vegito?

And they're starting a new saga or something? I know the stuff revolving around Hearts is ending in the anime with the next episode. Is the Mechikabura stuff wrapping up as well?

This Big Bang mission is the next thing yeah? That involves the Xeno or mainline characters?
Whoa, no need to sound annoyed especially if this is your first time. If you want to ask questions then you should prob rephrase your question to sound bit nicer. Just a heads up.

Yes, V4 refers to SS4 Xeno Vegetto. In this thread I also mainly use XGoku, XVegeta, etc to refer to the Xeno counterparts. Also I recently started using VBlue to refer to SSB Vegetto.

Big Bang Mission will begin in March 2020. The next arcade mission will be Universe Mission 12 (UVM12), which will come out in Jan. 2020 and is the final mission of the Universe Mission series (for both Universe Survival arc and Descent of Demon gods arc). New missions for the arcade always come out every 2 months, along with a whole bunch of new set of cards for the arcade.

We don't really know for sure who will be the main cast in Big Bang Mission, but the current teasers imply it'll be a mix of both the main U7 cast, the Time Patrol, GoDs, with Fu as the main antagonist, past Towa playing some role, and Toki Toki being very important to the story. And some huge tree too.

Not only is Big Bang Mission a new series, it will also feature a huge game update much like how DBH went from Dragon Ball Heroes to Super Dragon Ball Heroes.
DNA wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:20 am I don't really get why people keep using acronyms for everything when it takes less than a second to type the whole word. It makes it extra confusing. I lurk here often and I barely know what you guys are talking about most times, let alone someone new. But you guys seem pretty content having a conversation between yourselves so carry on.
V4 was actually used in the 8th anniversary SS4 Vegetto reveal so that's where we got it from. It should also be simple enough to deduce from context. But ngl Vegetto is a pain in the ass to type in general for me.

I use acronyms/abbrev's that make sense or have precedence. Also when typing out long responses it becomes pretty tedious y'know?
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:44 am

S3 Hendrix wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:51 am It is very well possible prison planet happens right before demigra’s return with the xeno shadow dragons, this is DB(and specifically DBH) so time travel is very well possible, that a future Fu made prison planet. Also in UVM5(arcade) after V4’s battle with Cumber he defuses then fu goes super fu and fights Goku Xeno and vegeta xeno, after that he creates a time rift and escapes to another timeline with cooler following him, then when Goku CC UI is fighting Cumber Goku Xeno IT the other CC characters and Vegeta xeno off of the prison planet, so it is very well possible they did just go to the time nest after dropping off the CC characters, then demigra attacks. Also I noticed in your UVM5 translations you didn’t cover ozotto’s path, I could send you the dialogue if you’d like. :)
I always thought the Xeno duo went off in search of Fu, but now that I look back, they just said they had other important things to do... so yeah they could have gone back to the Time Nest.

Lol I do recall when I translated UVM5 that I'd get to it someday... if you could pls link me the video again I'll do the translation this time.
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:17 am Just looking at the promotional images, I can already tell that UMV12 will drive insane those people fixated on Power levels.

Is V4 stronger than Gogeta Blue? Are they on the same level? Who's stronger, Godslayer Hearts or Mechakibura? Where does Trunks SSG stand?
I'll admit: I like powerscaling sometimes, but even I'm very cautious when it comes to SDBH powerscaling. Not because I think it doesn't make sense (really, the arcade and manga have been just fine), but because we work with two separate stories having baddies that operate on quite a similar grand scale. There are some exceptions like when the Xenos and CCs got together, but in general it's like trying to scale Super and GT to each other. It's just not applicable.

And I never go by destructive feat "logic," like how does one think breaking time or timelines is supposed to be greater than breaking the universe or breaking dimensions? And when has that ever really worked?

Btw where did the term "Godslayer Hearts" even come from? Was it said in the anime?

Zarely
Banned

Post by Zarely » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:39 am

The Universe Mission had the two different storylines running side by side right? Is that happening with this Big Bang Mission or is it just the one story?

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:20 pm

Zarely wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:39 am The Universe Mission had the two different storylines running side by side right? Is that happening with this Big Bang Mission or is it just the one story?

So far it seems just one, they made a big deal by saying this is when the time patrol story and CC character story will truly merge. So it seems the time patrol and the CC characters will work together to stop Fu most likely.

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:47 pm

Rakurai wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:44 am
S3 Hendrix wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:51 am It is very well possible prison planet happens right before demigra’s return with the xeno shadow dragons, this is DB(and specifically DBH) so time travel is very well possible, that a future Fu made prison planet. Also in UVM5(arcade) after V4’s battle with Cumber he defuses then fu goes super fu and fights Goku Xeno and vegeta xeno, after that he creates a time rift and escapes to another timeline with cooler following him, then when Goku CC UI is fighting Cumber Goku Xeno IT the other CC characters and Vegeta xeno off of the prison planet, so it is very well possible they did just go to the time nest after dropping off the CC characters, then demigra attacks. Also I noticed in your UVM5 translations you didn’t cover ozotto’s path, I could send you the dialogue if you’d like. :)
I always thought the Xeno duo went off in search of Fu, but now that I look back, they just said they had other important things to do... so yeah they could have gone back to the Time Nest.

Lol I do recall when I translated UVM5 that I'd get to it someday... if you could pls link me the video again I'll do the translation this time.
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:17 am Just looking at the promotional images, I can already tell that UMV12 will drive insane those people fixated on Power levels.

I'll admit: I like powerscaling sometimes, but even I'm very cautious when it comes to SDBH powerscaling. Not because I think it doesn't make sense (really, the arcade and manga have been just fine), but because we work with two separate stories having baddies that operate on quite a similar grand scale. There are some exceptions like when the Xenos and CCs got together, but in general it's like trying to scale Super and GT to each other. It's just not applicable.

And I never go by destructive feat "logic," like how does one think breaking time or timelines is supposed to be greater than breaking the universe or breaking dimensions? And when has that ever really worked?

Btw where did the term "Godslayer Hearts" even come from? Was it said in the anime?

This video cotains the dialogue for when Goku Xeno And Vegeta xeno destroy fu’s lab https://youtu.be/acSs9rFKz7U

Dialogues are at 0:00, 6:41, And 11:16

This video contains the dialogue for the Majin Ozotto path
https://youtu.be/dS_iOe4RJ9U

Dialogues are at 0:00, 4:46, And 9:48

And this is the final part of ozotto’s path where trunks confronts him
https://youtu.be/-Za6-6jCF8I

Dialogues are at 0:00 and 7:31

Zarely
Banned

Post by Zarely » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:26 pm

Is the anime series going to keep running?

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:41 pm

Zarely wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:26 pm Is the anime series going to keep running?
Yes, the big bang mission from march (i think).

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:11 pm

This is a bit off topic but i had a dream last night where Xeno Pan became SSG in one of the game new missions and if that wasn't crazy enough she was still a child just like she is now, i also remember something funny about how she was only available for limited time i'm guessing her card maybe??? lol anyway since i haven't seen this anywhere before but was any reason given in why can't they use the Saiyan God ritual with each other?? like Trunks did just now thanks to the fact there were other 5 saiyans besides him that could do it, so what is stopping them to use it again but this time for let's say Goten or even Goku, Vegeta or Gohan who i know already have SS4 but wouldn't hurt them to have that extra power right???

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:15 pm

Trunks achieving SSG out for sheer dumb luck is the most amusing change the manga could've make.

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:34 pm

You know, some characters I'm still hoping Heroes will bring back from DBO are Mrs Buu and Naraka. I mean Fu was brought back from there so...

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:01 pm

Also hoping for them to join Heroes roster for quite some time now. Naraka would be especially great to delve a bit more into the Namekusei lore. I would add revisiting/creating something with theme of the Android saga just to bring Android 9 and create a parallel or something with Android 21, seeing as both of them are the most recent ones from that group.

I think those three are the most notorious/important ones that are missing from Dragon Ball Online and should be added already.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:32 am

Dragotaker wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:11 pm This is a bit off topic but i had a dream last night where Xeno Pan became SSG in one of the game new missions and if that wasn't crazy enough she was still a child just like she is now, i also remember something funny about how she was only available for limited time i'm guessing her card maybe??? lol anyway since i haven't seen this anywhere before but was any reason given in why can't they use the Saiyan God ritual with each other?? like Trunks did just now thanks to the fact there were other 5 saiyans besides him that could do it, so what is stopping them to use it again but this time for let's say Goten or even Goku, Vegeta or Gohan who i know already have SS4 but wouldn't hurt them to have that extra power right???
Same reason why the ritual wasn’t performed on Vegeta, Gohan, Goten, or Trunks in DBS either. Marketing.

Also SSG doesn’t stack on top of SS transformations. So it’d be pointless for the trio to get it.
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:15 pm Trunks achieving SSG out for sheer dumb luck is the most amusing change the manga could've make.
Agree. The funniest part is that they didn’t even need their SS states unlike in BoG (not that it was a requirement in the 1st place). They were literally “Trunks we’re hurt so take some of my power” and boom done.

Imagine if this is how SSG was introduced to the franchise. Fans would be calling this the biggest asspull of all time. :lol:

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:04 am

Rakurai wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:32 am
Dragotaker wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:11 pm This is a bit off topic but i had a dream last night where Xeno Pan became SSG in one of the game new missions and if that wasn't crazy enough she was still a child just like she is now, i also remember something funny about how she was only available for limited time i'm guessing her card maybe??? lol anyway since i haven't seen this anywhere before but was any reason given in why can't they use the Saiyan God ritual with each other?? like Trunks did just now thanks to the fact there were other 5 saiyans besides him that could do it, so what is stopping them to use it again but this time for let's say Goten or even Goku, Vegeta or Gohan who i know already have SS4 but wouldn't hurt them to have that extra power right???
Same reason why the ritual wasn’t performed on Vegeta, Gohan, Goten, or Trunks in DBS either. Marketing.

Also SSG doesn’t stack on top of SS transformations. So it’d be pointless for the trio to get it.
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:15 pm Trunks achieving SSG out for sheer dumb luck is the most amusing change the manga could've make.
Agree. The funniest part is that they didn’t even need their SS states unlike in BoG (not that it was a requirement in the 1st place). They were literally “Trunks we’re hurt so take some of my power” and boom done.

Imagine if this is how SSG was introduced to the franchise. Fans would be calling this the biggest asspull of all time. :lol:
For Vegeta, he would never allow it to be done with the ritual out of pride, pretty sure he said so himself in that movie, Gohan was never a fighter at heart like Goku so i'm sure it doesn't even crossed his mind, even when they needed him for the ToP he was always about becoming stronger on a different route with the Ultimate form, Goten and Trunks are kids in DBS and their parents never wanted them to fight in the first place so performing the God ritual on them was out of the question, in Heroes all of them other than Pan are adults and for the enemy they have right now they need as much power as possible but of course at the end of the day marketing in the right answer but at least it makes sense in Super, call it headcannon or whatever but the part about Vegeta was certainly true i'm sure.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:32 am

Dragotaker wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:04 am For Vegeta, he would never allow it to be done with the ritual out of pride, pretty sure he said so himself in that movie, Gohan was never a fighter at heart like Goku so i'm sure it doesn't even crossed his mind, even when they needed him for the ToP he was always about becoming stronger on a different route with the Ultimate form, Goten and Trunks are kids in DBS and their parents never wanted them to fight in the first place so performing the God ritual on them was out of the question, in Heroes all of them other than Pan are adults and for the enemy they have right now they need as much power as possible but of course at the end of the day marketing in the right answer but at least it makes sense in Super, call it headcannon or whatever but the part about Vegeta was certainly true i'm sure.
Pretty sure I recall Vegeta saying that next time it would be his turn to do the ritual at the end of the BoG film, before Goku teased him about "mah Bulma!" And let's be real, DBS Gohan being stronger on a diff route was just pure plot convenience, this is the guy who literally sat through another god ritual to get his potential unlocked... a 2nd time.

Gohan might be willing but he already has SS4 and again I don't think you can stack the forms together. Unless they bring back the "Saiyan beyond god" mechanic but I doubt it since it's been superseded by the popularity of the SSG form.

I don't see anything stopping Goten from getting it tho. SSG XGotenks sounds underwhelming as the next anniv. secret character but you never know.