Dragon Ball FighterZ: season 3 predictions?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Dragon Ball FighterZ: season 3 predictions?

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:36 pm

We already know what's in store for season 2:

Goku (Kid)
Gogeta (SSGSS)
Videl
Janemba
Jiren
Super Broly

However, further datamining shows we may be getting another season pass:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epoxypW87pQ

Though this time, we are probably only getting 4 characters which is another 2 decrease from the last season.

But whom could they have next in store?

These are the ones I think are the most likely candidates:

Goku (Ultra Instinct)

This is a relatively fresh and new form of Goku that is surprising absent from FighterZ. How he would work though is a bit challenging further out.

He could be a counter-based character with a strong defense game that can deliver a lot of damage to careless opponents, but he could be punished just as easily. A glass cannon so to speak.

Master Roshi

Out of all the characters to rep the original Dragon Ball, it absolutely must be him. One thing that could potentially work against him is that he can't fly but the dash mechanics in this game can easily be reworked as a super jump for him instead of actual flight.

Aside from that, Roshi has a ton of cool and interesting technique at his disposal including the Drunken Fist, Afterimage Strike, Turtle Shock Surprise, Demon Sealing Wave, etc.

Raditz / Dabura

Raditz and Dabura are similar in they are both secondary villains that have long forgotten by the series but are somehow popular with fans.

They are also similar in that they rely on trickery and moves with unique properties to gain the upper hand. Raditz can shoot two energy waves at opposite directions at once, has a lot of kick moves, and fights dirty while Dabura can materialize weapons from thin air, turn people into stone with his spit, and breathe fire.

Raditz is more likely due to his importance in jump starting the story of Z but neither would disappoint. If Bamco can sell Base level Goku and Vegeta then pretty much anything is possible.

Kefla

Another character that should be a shoe-in for DLC but is suspiciously absent.

She is basically a two-in-one deal character: The talent and leadership skills of Caulifla with the insane hidden powers of Kale.

Here are some other potential candidates:

Chi-Chi

Unlikely as hell especially since Videl pretty much took her spot, but still would make a fun and unique addition.

She could be a Jam Kuradoberi-esque character that is loaded with stances and combo moves making her a difficult-to-learn character but deadly in the right hands. ArcSystem can also take some ques from Super Dragon Ball Z by giving her the Bansho Fan and Power Slugger (as a level 1 super move or something).

Just like Roshi though, she can't fly but is capable of jumping at extreme heights so the dash mechanics can be reworked just the same.

King Piccolo

Even more unlikely and it would be easy to dismiss him as an inferior version of his son Piccolo since that's literally what he was in the actual series, but he can do a couple things that his son can't do.

He can summon his other sons to help him fight, he can cause wind current with just the wave of his hand to literally sweep his opponents off their feet, and his fighting style is way more brutal whatnot with him picking up opponents by their heads just so he can punish them some more. His level 3 super would probably the Explosive Demon Wave which is an energy wave that is nearly impossible to dodge.

Lastly, unlike most fighters from the original Dragon Ball, he can fly.

Caulifla (w/ Kale)

Seeing as Xenoverse 2 chose Kefla over Caulifla or Kale, it's likely that FighterZ would do the same, but we can't count the duo out completely.

I know the whole 'dual character' archetype is a bit overdone especially as two out of three of the female characters are already assisted by their male superiors, but Caulifla and Kale really go together like peanut butter and jelly.

Anyways, Caulifla would obviously serve as the leader and main fighter while Kale is the muscle and hangs around in the background ready to help out any way she can.

If things look bleak, you can pull out a trump card and have Kale unleash her Berserker form where she starts fighting on her own accord, but the opponent can now land hits to make her lose the form quicker (though she has super armor and can't be knocked down).
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball FighterZ: season 3 predictions?

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:26 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:36 pm
Goku (Ultra Instinct)

This is a relatively fresh and new form of Goku that is surprising absent from FighterZ. How he would work though is a bit challenging further out.

He could be a counter-based character with a strong defense game that can deliver a lot of damage to careless opponents, but he could be punished just as easily. A glass cannon so to speak.
The glass cannon MUI Goku appeared also in XV2, which I despised and fortunately was upgraded not too long ago. But for FighterZ I think he HAS TO BE a glass cannon, for XV2 it really does not work but it would be a good balance for such an OP character.
Master Roshi

Out of all the characters to rep the original Dragon Ball, it absolutely must be him. One thing that could potentially work against him is that he can't fly but the dash mechanics in this game can easily be reworked as a super jump for him instead of actual flight.

Aside from that, Roshi has a ton of cool and interesting technique at his disposal including the Drunken Fist, Afterimage Strike, Turtle Shock Surprise, Demon Sealing Wave, etc.
I agree, I think we could use some old school fan-service, with some interactions with Kid Goku, well every Goku, Krilin, Yamcha, Tenshinhan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Broly... and he could DF Kid Goku, Base Goku, Krilin, Piccolo, Yamcha... Roshi could bring in a lot of fun.
DBZAOTA482 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:36 pm Raditz / Dabura

Raditz and Dabura are similar in they are both secondary villains that have long forgotten by the series but are somehow popular with fans.

They are also similar in that they rely on trickery and moves with unique properties to gain the upper hand. Raditz can shoot two energy waves at opposite directions at once, has a lot of kick moves, and fights dirty while Dabura can materialize weapons from thin air, turn people into stone with his spit, and breathe fire.

Raditz is more likely due to his importance in jump starting the story of Z but neither would disappoint. If Bamco can sell Base level Goku and Vegeta then pretty much anything is possible.
Raditz never grew on me, I loved him as a kid when he was the first bad guy I met, but I outgrew him I guess. I don't find him interesting as a fighter either, but he could have some nice talks and DF with his brother, his father, Vegeta, Nappa, Gohan. I think Dabura is more versatile but none of them make me care too much.
Chi-Chi

Unlikely as hell especially since Videl pretty much took her spot, but still would make a fun and unique addition.

She could be a Jam Kuradoberi-esque character that is loaded with stances and combo moves making her a difficult-to-learn character but deadly in the right hands. ArcSystem can also take some ques from Super Dragon Ball Z by giving her the Bansho Fan and Power Slugger (as a level 1 super move or something).

Just like Roshi though, she can't fly but is capable of jumping at extreme heights so the dash mechanics can be reworked just the same.
I'll say no to Chichi in favour of Toppo. With Dyspo assisting and with his Hakaishin form as his 3rd level super.
DBZAOTA482 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:36 pm King Piccolo

Even more unlikely and it would be easy to dismiss him as an inferior version of his son Piccolo since that's literally what he was in the actual series, but he can do a couple things that his son can't do.

He can summon his other sons to help him fight, he can cause wind current with just the wave of his hand to literally sweep his opponents off their feet, and his fighting style is way more brutal whatnot with him picking up opponents by their heads just so he can punish them some more. His level 3 super would probably the Explosive Demon Wave which is an energy wave that is nearly impossible to dodge.

Lastly, unlike most fighters from the original Dragon Ball, he can fly.
I see how it could be just another Piccolo with lesser abilities, but he would, along with Roshi, create a semi-DB atmosphere. Kid Goku, Krilin, Yamcha, Tenshinhan, Roshi, Piccolo Daimao, Piccolo Jr... that's the starting line-up of Dragon Ball. I'm in.
Caulifla (w/ Kale)

Seeing as Xenoverse 2 chose Kefla over Caulifla or Kale, it's likely that FighterZ would do the same, but we can't count the duo out completely.

I know the whole 'dual character' archetype is a bit overdone especially as two out of three of the female characters are already assisted by their male superiors, but Caulifla and Kale really go together like peanut butter and jelly.

Anyways, Caulifla would obviously serve as the leader and main fighter while Kale is the muscle and hangs around in the background ready to help out any way she can.

If things look bleak, you can pull out a trump card and have Kale unleash her Berserker form where she starts fighting on her own accord, but the opponent can now land hits to make her lose the form quicker (though she has super armor and can't be knocked down).
Yes, this. I would like Kefla to be the trump card, exactly as you put it, Caulifla with Kale helping out.

-- My impossible addition would be Buuhan. We already have Kid Buu and Fat Buu so of course he won't be a thing, but I just love that guy, he could have Buu+Gotenks+Gohan's attacks. Or perhaps Super Buu and just absorbing Gohan instead of transforming.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:39 pm

As a mix of what I think is potentially safe and what I actually want, I'd go with Radtiz, Dabra, Kaiōshin, and Kefla.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:18 pm

What I want:

Dr Gero
Toppo (God)
Dabura
Roshi

What I'll probably get:

UI Goku
Kefla
Raditz
Dabura

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:55 pm

I'd like to see:

Muten Roshi
Chichi (with a 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai costume)
Piccolo Daimao
Caulifla & Kale (keep fusion for ultimates)

I would like to see Ultra Instinct Goku, but we have too many Gokus already at this stage.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:41 am

Dr. Gero is a missed opportunity. He is relevant to this game's story, but they just don't feel like he's worthy of being a DLC character. Should have been in the base roster.

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:15 am

Dr.Gero
Majin Vegeta
Kefla
Toppo
Dodoria
Tapion with Hirudergan
Omega Shenron

I'd be happy with that.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:26 am

Pre Z ChiChi
Omega Shenron
Roshi
Kefla

omegacwa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omegacwa » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:05 am

What I want:

Majin Vegeta (or evolutioin install for Blue)
G.o.D. Toppo
Kefla
Roshi

I'd be very surprised if we don't get UI Goku though.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:56 pm

I'm hoping for Caulifla, Kale, Kefla, Toppo, Dyspo and Full-Power Broli. I kind of suspect the former two will be merged into a team but I love them both so much I want to have them separate. Toppo and Dyspo both have unique roles they can play, Toppo as a powerhouse and Dyspo as a speed demon, which Full-Power Broli just seems like a given considering how the production committee likes to push that form.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:36 pm

Let's see:
  • Kefla or Caulifla/Kale - A relevant and well-liked character, who's also a female. The devs embrace the diversity. Probably a more straightforward and well-rounded character.
  • Muten Roshi - Likewise he's well liked, riding the ToP re-insertion into significant action. Could be the weird character of the four.
  • Toppo - The secondary boss from ToP, could be a full-on grappler.
  • UI Goku - Unfortunately it's likely to be in. It's just far too significant even if it means another Goku. Probably a gimmick character. I hope I'm wrong here.
From those I would like Kefla and Muten Roshi to get in.

Others I want in:

Dr.Gero with #19. His whole thing could be to disrupt the opponent's game plan by being a defensive character, who absorbs energy making long ranged combat hard and having dangerous up close grabs.

Mr. Satan. Just go crazy with silliness and gags.

Babidi with his crew. He could work like Ginyu but less present since he's not a fighter, maybe more like a puppeteer.. Instead summoning Pui-Pui, Spopovitch, Yaku, etc...

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:05 pm

well ...

Caulifla, Kale as support and Kefla special move
Roshi is part of the DB Classic
Goku UI is most likely
Raditz or Dabura

other less likely options

Majin Vegeta so far there are very few representations of the buu arc
Omega shenron
Bojack and Team Bojack as support
Toppo

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:06 pm

I think it will be:

Super Yi Xing Long (Omega Shenron)
Dabra
Kefla
Tapion
Paikuhan
Dr. Gero
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:36 pm

Kefla
Roshi
Pan
Bebi Vegeta
(Dragonball) Tenshinhan

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:20 am

Kefla is the one character I’d put money on, I think she’s a safe bet. Popularity aside, there’s enough leaks pertaining to Caulifla and Kale that it’d be weird if she didn’t get in.

Speaking of leaks, that dramatic finish with Goku and Freeza pretty much confirms a ToP stage, so we’ll probably get UI Goku. Can’t say I’m keen for that-I like the form, but they’ve already blown their load with Gokus as it is. Other ToP characters that could get in are Ribrianne and Top, but I’m iffy on either of their chances. They’d both be fun picks.

Outside of that, Roshi would be cool but I don’t know if they’d go there. Omega Shenron is a logical opponent to GT Goku and could have a dramatic finish. Maybe they’ll see his popularity and go “wow I guess more people like GT than we thought” and it’s like no, everyone uses him because you made him broken. He is a broken little rat.

Other picks I could see: Dabura, Supreme Kai, Majin Vegeta, maybe Raditz, possibly even Moro.

ConfusedPhantom
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ConfusedPhantom » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:08 pm

I want Kefla, Muten Roshi, Baby Vegeta, Tapion, Yi Xing Long, Moro.

I kind of want more story DLC? I guess? I mean Xenoverse and Kakarot are getting some. Maybe make it better I guess? There's a leak of a Jiren Dramatic Finish. I'd love more Dramatic Finishers around. One for Cooler, Moro, Yi Xing Long, and heck maybe some OG Dragon Ball ones for Piccolo and Tenshinhan VS Goku.

We'll probably get the Tournament of Power as a stage.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:56 am

Why do people keep mentioning Tapion? He doesn't fight!

Zeon_Grunt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zeon_Grunt » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:13 pm

mute_proxy wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:56 am Why do people keep mentioning Tapion? He doesn't fight!
Because he's still a fan favorite due to his design and attitude.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:56 pm

Zeon_Grunt wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:13 pm
mute_proxy wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:56 am Why do people keep mentioning Tapion? He doesn't fight!
Design and attitude doesn't matter in this case if he doesn't fight

Zeon_Grunt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zeon_Grunt » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:08 pm

mute_proxy wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:56 pm
Zeon_Grunt wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:13 pm
Design and attitude doesn't matter in this case if he doesn't fight
I agree, but it's still why people keep including him. They want to see him in more games.