Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:17 pm

Zarely wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:50 pm I'm going to name 20 characters up to the Tournament of Power and people can tell me if they think it's the right order or not.

1. Jiren
2. Super Saiyan Blue Vegito
3. Beerus
4. Champa
5. Fused Zamasu

6. Super Saiyan Blue Goku
6. Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta
6. Golden Frieza
6. Top

10. Super Saiyan Rage Future Trunks
11. Hit
12. Super Saiyan Rose Goku Black
13. Ultimate Gohan
14. Android 17
15. Dyspo
16. Legendary Super Saiyan Kale
17. Super Saiyan 2 Caulifla
18. Super Saiyan 2 Cabba
19. Zamasu
20. Magetta
Fused Zamasu was able to fight evenly and even overpower Vegito at one point, so they should pretty much be in the same spot. Maybe switch Vegito with Champa and it would be pretty good.

Zarely
Banned

Post by Zarely » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:33 pm

Well those few should be close together. Vegito was probably barely stronger than Beerus going by the manga and there doesn't seem to be much of anything between Beerus and Champa so all those three are practically the same.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:00 pm

I don't think the list coincides with the story.
Last edited by Miracles on Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:34 pm, edited 9 times in total.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:05 pm

Zarely wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:50 pm I'm going to name 20 characters up to the Tournament of Power and people can tell me if they think it's the right order or not.

1. Jiren
3. Beerus
4. Champa
5. Fused Zamasu

6. Golden Frieza
6. Top

11. Hit
13. Ultimate Gohan
14. Android 17
15. Dyspo
18. Super Saiyan 2 Cabba
19. Zamasu
20. Magetta
Vegetto should be at #4.
Vegeta at #7.
Toppo at #8.

Nothing contradicts your 10-12 spots but I personally put them as Black > Trunks > Hit. Hell I would put Black at #6 too.

Zamasu and Cabba should switch places.

Dyspo should be at the bottom of the list.

Zarely
Banned

Post by Zarely » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:56 pm

Shin thought Vegito was probably stronger than Beerus.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:28 pm

Only when Vegetto was powering up his strongest attack. Which we all know raises battle power. However, even Toyotaro said that Shin's statement isn't truth. Therefore, Vegetto without Final Kamehameha is weaker than Beerus. We also know Beerus was out of Vegetto's league to this date anyway. Shin's statement wasn't even close to being true.

Beerus should be number 1 just for being Goku's future goal. Jiren isn't Goku's goal and has been surpassed.

Kale should be up there with Goku Blue, Vegeta Blue and Freeza gold.
Also, Dyspo should be above Hit.
Gohan and 17 should be above Black.
Last edited by Miracles on Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:37 pm

Zarely wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:56 pm Shin thought Vegito was probably stronger than Beerus.
Suppressed Jiren is stronger than the Zamasu that stalemated Vegetto Blue.

So he can't be stronger or that close to Beerus.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:38 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:37 pm
Zarely wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:56 pm Shin thought Vegito was probably stronger than Beerus.
Suppressed Jiren is stronger than the Zamasu that stalemated Vegetto Blue.

So he can't be stronger or that close to Beerus.
Bingo!

Zarely
Banned

Post by Zarely » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:22 pm

Fused Zamasu never stalemated Vegito.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:30 pm

Yes Zamasu did. Their entire fight was back and forth. With no decider for victory.

Zarely
Banned

Post by Zarely » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:59 pm

There was no back and forth. There was the comical blind sided punch, an exchange, Zamasu hit him in the gut, then from there Vegito stabbed him through, overpowered and forced Zamasu on the defensive even after growing bigger, was blasted with the Final Kamehameha and was that about to punched to smithereens until the fusion wore off.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:42 am

And after all of that from Vegetto, couldn't still beat Zamas. So it was an evenly matched fight.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:46 am

Zarely wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:59 pm There was no back and forth. There was the comical blind sided punch, an exchange, Zamasu hit him in the gut, then from there Vegito stabbed him through, overpowered and forced Zamasu on the defensive even after growing bigger, was blasted with the Final Kamehameha and was that about to punched to smithereens until the fusion wore off.
A Final Kamehameha that did nothing to Zamasu and the punch also failed to do much to him.

Even if Vegetto Blue is stronger, they are still on the same tier.

If I have to use numbers it would be something like this:

Gogeta/Current Vegetto: 12
Beerus: 10
FT Vegetto: 7
Zamasu: 6

Zarely
Banned

Post by Zarely » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:45 am

Of course it didn't, he's immortal but Shin said that Vegito was stronger than Beerus. Even Toyotaro said he wasn't sure who was stronger implying they were very close. Then Gogeta was also stronger too.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:24 am

Zarely wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:45 am Of course it didn't, he's immortal but Shin said that Vegito was stronger than Beerus. Even Toyotaro said he wasn't sure who was stronger implying they were very close. Then Gogeta was also stronger too.
Yes, he was immortal but his body was destructable.

Vegetto simply didn't have the power to destroy it.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:55 am

Zarely wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:59 pm There was no back and forth. There was the comical blind sided punch, an exchange, Zamasu hit him in the gut, then from there Vegito stabbed him through, overpowered and forced Zamasu on the defensive even after growing bigger, was blasted with the Final Kamehameha and was that about to punched to smithereens until the fusion wore off.
No. Vegito forced him on the defensive only after he grew bigger, and that's a mistake people have done since the Cell arc. Bulking up might increase your strength significantly, but it reduces your speed so much that it becomes a hindrance. Vegito himself basically says that Fused Zamasu just can't keep up with his speed, it had nothing to do with being weaker. Also immediately after bulking up Fused Zamasu was still shown in a stalemate with Vegito.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:17 am

1. Jiren
3. Beerus
4. Champa
5. Fused Zamasu

6. Golden Frieza
6. Top

11. Hit
13. Ultimate Gohan
14. Android 17
15. Dyspo
18. Super Saiyan 2 Cabba
19. Zamasu
20. Magetta
Is that a Power ranking? You should really put future Trunks and black Goku away, then. Also, base hit over Gohan Is wrong, and 17 >Gohan
Why kefla isnt there but you count vegetto?

And , by writing Goku, Vegeta and toppo you mean them at their peak ,excluding ultra istinct for Goku? If thats the case, freezer shouldnt be in their same tier, but 17 should basing on how he performed against jiren
Id do :

6 : 17 against jiren
7 : Vegeta ssbE
8 : God toppo
9 : ssbkk20 goku
10 : Golden freezer
11 : Gohan
12 : obuni
13 : pirina
14 : saonel
15 : piccolo
16 : base hit
17 : dyspo
18 : black Goku Rosé
19 : future Trunks ssI
20: future zamasu (Power only)

Zarely
Banned

Post by Zarely » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:59 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:55 am No. Vegito forced him on the defensive only after he grew bigger, and that's a mistake people have done since the Cell arc.
And Vegito forced him to have to get bigger because he was making a fool of him after he stabbed him through. In the manga also Zamasu is a chump compared to Vegito. He's nowhere on his level.
p-hyvo wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:17 am Why kefla isnt there but you count vegetto?
I haven't got that far yet. That's as of episode 104. Gohan is stronger than 17 though, that was said in the manga too.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:18 am

Zarely wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:59 am
SupremeKai25 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:55 am No. Vegito forced him on the defensive only after he grew bigger, and that's a mistake people have done since the Cell arc.
And Vegito forced him to have to get bigger because he was making a fool of him after he stabbed him through. In the manga also Zamasu is a chump compared to Vegito. He's nowhere on his level.
That's not what happened. He didn't force him to grow bigger nor was he making a fool of him. Fused Zamasu straight up overpowered Vegito at one point, and the only reason why he got stabbed by his energy blade is because he thought he had knocked Vegito unconcious, so he wasn't prepared. Vegito then gloated about Zamasu not being able to regenerate his body anymore and got proven wrong immediately when Fused Zamasu shrugged off the wound stab he got from the energy blade. And only then did Fused Zamasu grow bigger, and it wasn't because Vegito was forcing him to, it's because Fused Zamasu was becoming more and more insane.

If you think Zamasu crying was a result of Vegito making a fool out of him, you're mistaken. He'd have no reason to cry about that since Vegito wasn't dominating him in the first place.

Also very clearly your list was not following manga continuity since it had Rage Trunks.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:19 am

In general, I'd recommend mixing the anime and the manga as little as possible when it comes to this kind of thing. Some feats and statements may match up between the two in isolation, but the similarities tend to quickly end if you zoom out and look at the larger context. (Not counting the very obvious cases, such as Gotenks < Beerus, that aren't necessary to really discuss anyway.) Comparing the anime and the manga to try to find out what Toriyama most likely intended is fine and makes sense, but they cannot be mixed into one continuity.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link