"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:23 pm

dario03 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:52 pm
FoolsGil wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:44 pm I hate this game. I love this game.

I felt like I've reached new level in my abilities as a player. Was feeling accomplished, and then not only did I get bodied, I was shown two new things I've never seen before.

The first was being combo'd into a lv 1 or lv 3 special. And no, the previous attack wasn't a lv 1 or lv 3, it was just a normal combo, ended with a normal special attack, opponent then switches characters, that character goes into their special. So that's a thing.

IIRC you just need to do half circle forward or half circle back plus assist at the end of a combo to do instant tag supers lvl1 or lvl3.
Time to practice! Thanks. :thumbup:

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:03 am

Koitsukai wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:24 pm Janemba and Jiren for free until sunday I heard. Don't know if this is true.
On ps4?

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:06 am

sangofe wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:03 am
Koitsukai wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:24 pm Janemba and Jiren for free until sunday I heard. Don't know if this is true.
On ps4?
Doesn’t look like it. Janemba is 4.99 plus tax and Jiren is 2.49 plus tax
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:10 pm

On ps4?
Yes, I checked it out yesterday when I posted that comment but they weren't there, I checked it out last night and I found them. No need to go to PS Store, just go to the character screen and you'll see them. They are not in training mode though.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:04 am

Koitsukai wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:10 pm
On ps4?
Yes, I checked it out yesterday when I posted that comment but they weren't there, I checked it out last night and I found them. No need to go to PS Store, just go to the character screen and you'll see them. They are not in training mode though.
Didn't work in the VS. mode.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:00 am

They have been rotating giving temporary free access to DLC characters. They've been doing this since Japan Saga I believe.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:37 pm

I tried Janemba on sunday and he was already locked again.

I wonder how hard would it be to have many dramatic finishes for a character. Like Jiren having one vs 17, Vegeta, Freeza, Goku, Hit... Goku having one vs well everybody, the same for Geets, Trunks, Freeza, Gohan, etc.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:56 am

Not to be outdone by Smash Bros Ultimate's latest reveal, our first character for season 3 is...

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:36 am

Well that's disappointing :| there were so many other options

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:49 am

Yup. I expect at least one Vegeta in season 3.

Sigh.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:01 am

I mean... Was it not to be expected? Its not a bad thing considering that all signs pointed to us getting it anyway. Look at it like this, we got the obvious choice out the way so now even if we're only getting three more characters (guessing), it could literally be anybody.

If we do get one more Vegeta as well, it'd probably be Bebi Vegeta, which'll be pretty cool. As far as Super goes though, the only real heavy hitters that are left to add are Kefla and Toppo, no one else is really all that important.

While the Movie character pool still seems pretty large, we got all the necessary characters already, who's really gonna get pumped for Bojack and Garlic Jr? It'll be cool but nothing thats gonna make folks throw money at Arcys.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:03 am

I'm fine with Ultra Instinct Goku. I barely play this game anymore, but him and Kefla would actually make me want to play again.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Beiga

Post by Beiga » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:22 am

Yup. If he wasn't released now, everyone would just be waiting for it any way. Kind of the same deal with Byleth.

But in this case, UI Goku will help to actually sell season 3 DLC packs.

And yeah, we need Kefla, Toppo, and Kamesennin. After that, I'm not sure where else they could go. Satan? Movie/Filler characters? SSB Evolved Vegeta?

Zarely
Banned

Post by Zarely » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:43 am

Pretty pathetic that they just keep adding different versions of the same character. What is that like 9 versions of Goku now? When there's a ton of other characters to choose from. Why not Kefla or Roshi?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:51 am

Why does the main character in this capitalist Hellscape game keep getting attention?!
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

emi_b7
Beyond Newbie

Post by emi_b7 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:32 pm

Beiga wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:22 am And yeah, we need Kefla, Toppo, and Kamesennin. After that, I'm not sure where else they could go. Satan? Movie/Filler characters? SSB Evolved Vegeta?
-Dabura could be pretty unique with him spitting and turning people into stone.
-The ki-absorbing androids could be interesting as well, especially 19 (because Dr Gero barely has a moveset). They haven't even shown up in Xenoverse so they seem unlikely lol
-Raditz seems pretty popular, I don't think his moveset is that great though.
-I don't really care for Zarbon but he could be interesting if his transformation is used as an install.
-Piccolo Daimao could work. They are already using kid Goku as both the DB and GT character so there could be a dramatic finish with him.
-I'd like Recoome. The games needs some grapplers IMO and there's not a lot out there (Toppo would be an option for this as well). Seems unlikely with him being part of Ginyu's moveset though.
-Tao Pai Pai would be great but I don't think they'd add characters that don't fly (outside of Satan and maybe Roshi)
After that yeah, there's not much. You have to start going with GT characters, secondary Super characters (Cabba, Frost and the like) or movie characters.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:34 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:51 am Why does the main character in this capitalist Hellscape game keep getting attention?!
I swear, its almost like asking why are there more Burger options than Chicken options at Burger King.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:35 pm

Beiga wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:22 am
And yeah, we need Kefla, Toppo, and Kamesennin. After that, I'm not sure where else they could go. Satan? Movie/Filler characters? SSB Evolved Vegeta?
I'd add Omega Shenron to compliment GT Goku

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:48 pm

I'm more excited about this than I thought I would be. I figured only Caulifla(not Kafla) would interest me.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:26 pm

Is it a double standard to say I'm absolutely totally fine with Ultra Instinct Goku getting in, but if they throw in Super Sparkles Vegeta as well, I'll actually be mad?

Based on how the season 2 reveals went, we'll probably get the full announcement at the World Tour finals along with a new stage, new DF (the Goku/Freeza/Jiren one) and maybe a second character. Which is almost certainly going to be Kefla, though at this point it would be hilarious if its not.