"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Majin Demigra » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:29 am

To be fair, Trunks was the one who was given the Key Sword specifically made to deal with him.
Also Demigra's alliance with the TP is most likely over now so there's that.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:06 am

Majin Demigra wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:29 am To be fair, Trunks was the one who was given the Key Sword specifically made to deal with him.
That only reinforces my point tho. We all know the Gendikama-like Sword from the FT arc was a huge asspull with no build-up or logic at all. Here at least Trunks didn't take out this sword out of his ass, and Vegetto still did something, while he was totally worthless on the Zamasu fight.

Oh, right. I'm actually really curious about Demigra, since he has not been shown at all during UM12's promotions. Even Towa has been shown to face God Trunks in the Big Bang teaser, but Demigra and Roberu are missing. Personally, I hope they are a kind of third party because that always makes thing more interesting; I just hope that if they go that way, they do more than Fuu did during the Universal Conflict arc.

Also Xeno Bardock, King Vegeta and even Broly Dark should still be out there I guess. Damn, so many possibilities right now.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:59 am

MisteryOne wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:06 am
Majin Demigra wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:29 am To be fair, Trunks was the one who was given the Key Sword specifically made to deal with him.
That only reinforces my point tho. We all know the Gendikama-like Sword from the FT arc was a huge asspull with no build-up or logic at all. Here at least Trunks didn't take out this sword out of his ass, and Vegetto still did something, while he was totally worthless on the Zamasu fight.

Oh, right. I'm actually really curious about Demigra, since he has not been shown at all during UM12's promotions. Even Towa has been shown to face God Trunks in the Big Bang teaser, but Demigra and Roberu are missing. Personally, I hope they are a kind of third party because that always makes thing more interesting; I just hope that if they go that way, they do more than Fuu did during the Universal Conflict arc.

Also Xeno Bardock, King Vegeta and even Broly Dark should still be out there I guess. Damn, so many possibilities right now.
And Ozotto is still out there

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:34 am

By the way, do we even know what race Hearts is? Is he a Shinjin or a member of the Demon Realm Race?

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:45 am

I'll wait until the usual YT channel posts up his dialogue videos; he usually does each story all at once at this point.
MisteryOne wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:06 am

I've been wondering about the rest of the cast too, whether he'll still be relevant in the future or not. They def can't wipe out Robel, she's like one of the few kickass female characters in this entire franchise who's actually pretty cool and competent.

I was really hoping XBardock & XKing Vegeta would've played a role in subduing Mechikaboola. Last time they interacted that's what they were talking about, after all. At the very least, it would be interesting to see them in BBM on their own side story. Usually, you know whether someone is involved by whether they get new cards or not. :lol:
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:12 am

Majin Demigra wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:04 am https://youtu.be/iIJDnE660Lk
Vegetto punched Mechikaboola out of Black Hole and then Dark King forms(I guess we can assume the Black Hole form was a joint effort of the whole team)
Trunks sealed away his youth
Cronoa sealed him away in the Labyrinth of Light

Block88
Beyond Newbie

Post by Block88 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:26 am

Pitiful how the arcade game knew what to do with trunks and Vegito unlike the anime :lol:

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:46 am

Rakurai wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:45 am I've been wondering about the rest of the cast too, whether he'll still be relevant in the future or not. They def can't wipe out Robel, she's like one of the few kickass female characters in this entire franchise who's actually pretty cool and competent.

I was really hoping XBardock & XKing Vegeta would've played a role in subduing Mechikaboola. Last time they interacted that's what they were talking about, after all. At the very least, it would be interesting to see them in BBM on their own side story. Usually, you know whether someone is involved by whether they get new cards or not. :lol:
Spoke too soon. Here's a summary of UVM 12 (DDR) (courtesy of NEXT):
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:11 pm

Rakurai wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:46 am
Rakurai wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:45 am I've been wondering about the rest of the cast too, whether he'll still be relevant in the future or not. They def can't wipe out Robel, she's like one of the few kickass female characters in this entire franchise who's actually pretty cool and competent.

Spoke too soon. Here's a summary of UVM 12 (DDR) (courtesy of NEXT):
So, as quick as they brought XKing Vegeta and Broly Dark, they got killed? And XBardock doesn't get to interact with the rest of the Time Patrol? That is pretty lame.

And my prediction was right on the money then? V4 doing the heavy lifting so XTrunks can come at the end and finish Mechikaboola? Since they asked Chronoa for her potaras, I'm guessing this pushes the idea that it was Old Kaio's potaras the ones used during Prison Planet, just like in the manga.

And yeah, that final cutscene with Mira and Towa doesn't really mesh with the rest of the plot.

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:20 pm

Pretty ironic that Shroom, a Shinigami, died

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:22 pm

Thanks for the translations as always, @Rakurai !

Well, that was...random. Now I can't help but wonder if they were suddenly in a rush to finish both storylines to start with Big Bang Mission. It would certainly explain a couple of things.

Knowing how popular Bardock is, he will probably come back again in the future. I'm more surprised about Broly, since I was sure they would have him fight his new version from the movie. But it's still cool that the two saiyan fathers were the ones to defeat Shroom and Salza. RIP King Vegeta tho, not a single SS form for him lol

I was wondering if there was an explanation to the baby Fuu scenes, but seems like we will have to wait for that. I wonder what will the demons do now? I can see Putine and Gravy going back to Demigra and Towa somehow becoming an ally of adult Fuu.
Majin Demigra wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:20 pm Pretty ironic that Shroom, a Shinigami, died
He also didn't get to kill a single character in the arcade iirc, truly ironic.

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:10 pm

MisteryOne wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:22 pm Thanks for the translations as always, @Rakurai !

Well, that was...random. Now I can't help but wonder if they were suddenly in a rush to finish both storylines to start with Big Bang Mission. It would certainly explain a couple of things.

Knowing how popular Bardock is, he will probably come back again in the future. I'm more surprised about Broly, since I was sure they would have him fight his new version from the movie. But it's still cool that the two saiyan fathers were the ones to defeat Shroom and Salza. RIP King Vegeta tho, not a single SS form for him lol

I was wondering if there was an explanation to the baby Fuu scenes, but seems like we will have to wait for that. I wonder what will the demons do now? I can see Putine and Gravy going back to Demigra and Towa somehow becoming an ally of adult Fuu.
Majin Demigra wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:20 pm Pretty ironic that Shroom, a Shinigami, died
He also didn't get to kill a single character in the arcade iirc, truly ironic.
Especially since in the manga he killed people left and right

HECTOR4
Regular

Post by HECTOR4 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:51 pm

MisteryOne wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:22 pm I was wondering if there was an explanation to the baby Fuu scenes, but seems like we will have to wait for that. I wonder what will the demons do now? I can see Putine and Gravy going back to Demigra and Towa somehow becoming an ally of adult Fuu.
If you look, at the end of the NEXT's video it looks like the Time Patrol looks at the horizon while the Demon Kingdom is undone/destroyed and it's filled with light..

When Towa and Miira send their baby somewhere, the Demon Kingdom continues to crumble (we continue to see rocks flying to the sky). That, perhaps, means that this scene occurs just after the defeat of Mechickaboola. Towa and Miira may have lost a lot of power in battle, they return to their original forms and seeing that their world is falling apart and that their own end is near, they send the only thing they have left to them somewhere to save it. It is very similar to Goku's story and as Bardock sent him to Earth to save some of himself sensing the approaching danger.

This undoubtedly marks the beginning of the history of Fuu, and connects the history of the Demon Gods with the sagas related to Fuu, and, of course, with the future Big Bang Missions.

The scene also connects with this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgF_Hm4QtwA, where Trunks Xeno SSG attacks Towa after sending Fuu somewhere. Surely the Time Patrol now wants to get rid of the Demon Gods now that they are weakened.

We must also bear in mind that the power of "Demon God" of Towa, Dabura, etc., came from Mechickaboola. Now that Mechickaboola is gone, maybe the demons have lost that power and can no longer be Demon Gods. The only Demon God that could exist now is Demigra, who reached the form by himself.

Now my idea of how the story works is this:

-After the defeat of Mechickaboola, Fuu is sent to some indeterminate place and time.

-Fuu grows and learns, perhaps while traveling back in time to different eras. It has the ability to travel at any time and place.

-At an undetermined time he creates the Prison Planets and kidnaps fighters from different eras and places.

-In the Time Nest, during the Demigra Assault saga, Goku Xeno and Vegeta Xeno are recovering from their previous battle against Mechickaboola and the Demon Gods. Meanwhile, the other members of the Time Patrol fight against Demigra on Earth. From the Time Nest the threat of Fuu is detected. Goku Xeno and Vegeta Xeno recover, and before going to help in the battle against Demigra, they go to the Prison Planets to investigate what happens.

-After the destruction of the Prison Planets, Goku Xeno and Vegeta Xeno returns to the Time Patrol. They must still take care of Demigra and rescue Chronoa from the Labyrinth of Time. They don't have time to focus on Fuu.

-After the defeat of Mechickaboola, Trunks Xeno SSG tries to eliminate Towa right after she has sent Fuu somewhere in spacetime. If he had arrived a little earlier, perhaps he would have prevented the saga from the Prison Planets from taking place.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:29 am

Anyone got vid of the Gogeta/Jiren/Hit team attack? (I'm assuming it's a team attack and not just some unit power-up.)

On a semi-related note, anyone got any vid at all of Kaioken SS4 Gogeta?

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:29 am

Dragon Wukong wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:29 am Anyone got vid of the Gogeta/Jiren/Hit team attack? (I'm assuming it's a team attack and not just some unit power-up.)

On a semi-related note, anyone got any vid at all of Kaioken SS4 Gogeta?
It's the same as the anime, but with a stylish finisher.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:39 pm

Finished uploading the UVM12 mission dialogue translations from NEXT's YT channel. Link is on my signature. Now that it's all finished, you may read it all at once and judge for yourself how it is. :thumbup:

My thoughts on the series:

Universe mission really brought a sense of DB adventure to what was once just an arcade card game. It spawned a promotional anime and manga adaptation to even go along with it. The anniversary live streams hype the new character form that will somehow appear within the story itself. It can't be understated how HUGE of an accomplishment this is, because from what I understand, arcade games aren't focused on story nor do they ever prioritize it in the first place. But SDBH is a different kind of beast. SDBH1-8 was mainly just Xeno Trunks interacting with the villains and antagonists, but UVM1-12 really brought out the entire cast and although not in equal parts, gave everyone some interaction time. We also had great antagonists, Mechikaboola, Fuu, & Hearts all have distinct personalities, and sought to accomplish their own goals leading to different types of scenarios. They're def not the most complex by any means, but by DB standards, they rank among some of the most well-written. I think it's wonderful.

Furthermore, the story doesn't seem to be over just yet. We have Big Bang Mission, which will truly bring together the main continuity and Xeno timeline together. We got a taste of that in the Prison Planet arc (and it caused A LOT of hype and excitement), and now it's about to come full circle. The storytelling has been in a sort of Pulp Fiction-like achrnological fashion, which is not necessarily a bad thing. We were hinted much earlier on about Fuu's goal, and now it's becoming a major plot point. Fuu is not your typical DB antagonist and I dig his mad scientist persona a lot. I also really like how he's the sort of gateway to assemble the main and Xeno stories together.

--

Some scattered tidbits about UVM12 Universe survival arc:

If Goku knew Gogeta's name and Vegeta knew how to do fusion, then that means the UVM series took place after the DBS Broly film.

Zamasu went out like a fool, it's such a shame. I wanted to see more of him after the UVM series but that hope looks bleak.

I really liked Hearts' last words about mortals. I honestly thought he had the right mindset and intentions with eliminating Zeno.

In addition to Gogeta, Hit & Jiren are involved in the final battle (which I believe was also the same in the anime?) since they're support. Shame they didn't get any last words.

It feels like Fuu orchestrated all of this. Was he the puppet master?

What happened to Cumber? Will we ever find out about his origins as the ancient evil Saiyan? We know Lagss got absorbed by Ozotto, what is he doing now?

DDR arc:

This was truly a grand finale. So many characters gathered at the climax point. Every group had a role and hand in defeating Mechikaboola.

XBardock, XKing Vegeta, and Broly Dark save the day. Who would've thought that XBardock was the one to help release them from the Black hole? I really liked their roles.

Salsa and Shroom really hit a spot for me there. Two young Demon gods, forced by Mechikaboola to either go all-out and die at the hands of their enemies or suffer eternity stuck in the black hole. He's such an asshole, doing it for his own pleasure. I love it.

Mechikaboola was so powerful, they couldn't defeat him with strength alone - they needed the special properties of the Keysword in order to seal it away. Not a complex story by any means, but it is rather refreshing as opposed to the standard DB trope of "MOAR POWER!" defeating the villain - like they did with Hearts and all of his godslaying might. It literally took the combined efforts of the Time Patrol, Demigra gang, and Demon god gang to seal away Mechikaboola's powers. And even then, he's not dead yet - they had to trap him somewhere else. It feels like they really couldn't just kill him - or perhaps they weren't able to.

The final montage with Towa and Mira and Fuu is slightly different than what we saw in the teaser trailer with SSG XTrunks confronting Towa. Did they change the scene or does this happen later? Wouldn't be the first time for the former case tho.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:39 pm

Rakurai wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:39 pmIf Goku knew Gogeta's name and Vegeta knew how to do fusion, then that means the UVM series took place after the DBS Broly film.
This is questionable, I suppose. Vegeta suggests he knows the fusion technique back during the Boo Arc when he refuses to do the dumb dance inside of Boo. So one could argue that UVM!Vegeta just isn't as "forgetful" as Super!Vegeta almost pretending like he's never seen the kids fuse.

Or, in true Heroes fashion, they didn't really care about the finer details because they just wanted to use Gogeta. Even the anime adaptation, while definitely its own thing, had Vegeta tell Geran that they didn't fuse at the ToP because he didn't want to, not because he didn't actually learn how until the Broli movie.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:37 am

Hearts was right. He could have easily been one of the best DB villains, but ultimately he lacked some sort of backstory and most importantly, a better way to defeat him. Power logic excluded, he was way too hyped up to just go down to Gogeta. They played it extremely safe. Mechikaboola was definetly handled way better.

I do hope that if Cumber returns their work him out more (since he is the only Core Area warrior that survived and was not locked I think?). But most importantly they should focus on Ozotto, Fuu, and if it's really worth it to get certain characters involved in the story. I can't get hyped about the Hakaishins being in Big Bang Mission when Zamasu ended up being a random and ultimately worthless adition (then again, it's also true most of them are not even characters for now). I understand it's a way to hype people but still.

All things considered, I still find the manga kind of fun, the anime was awful but gave us VA jokes, and I'm somehow interested for what's next. Considering that before this DBH was just random animated trailers for me before UM, they definetly did a good job there (the Dark Dragonballs part was still interesting previous to that tho, overall Mechikaboola's arrival really ses to have started the proper story).

Also random note: what bothers me of UM happening after Broly is that they never once mentioned him. Considering how ridiculously strong he is, I don't see why they would not have at least tried to covince him to face the Core Area warriors.

HECTOR4
Regular

Post by HECTOR4 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:41 am

MisteryOne wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:37 amAlso random note: what bothers me of UM happening after Broly is that they never once mentioned him. Considering how ridiculously strong he is, I don't see why they would not have at least tried to covince him to face the Core Area warriors.
Perhaps because Broly doesn't control his power and loses control due to the minimal nonsense, and destroys, and destroys, and destroys... XDD Broly isn't a warrior, is a natural disaster XD

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:12 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:39 pm
Rakurai wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:39 pmIf Goku knew Gogeta's name and Vegeta knew how to do fusion, then that means the UVM series took place after the DBS Broly film.
This is questionable, I suppose. Vegeta suggests he knows the fusion technique back during the Boo Arc when he refuses to do the dumb dance inside of Boo. So one could argue that UVM!Vegeta just isn't as "forgetful" as Super!Vegeta almost pretending like he's never seen the kids fuse.

Or, in true Heroes fashion, they didn't really care about the finer details because they just wanted to use Gogeta. Even the anime adaptation, while definitely its own thing, had Vegeta tell Geran that they didn't fuse at the ToP because he didn't want to, not because he didn't actually learn how until the Broli movie.
It's not like the thought hasn't crossed my mind. The producers prob thought they could add Gogeta w/o contradicting continuity at the same time. Retcons are fair game in SDBH as well.

But perhaps Jiren in general was referring to fusion in general, e.g. like what happened w/ Kefla? :? I really have to watch the promo anime in its entirety sometime.

Or perhaps, CC Goku & Vegeta experienced the events of M12, when they fused to fight against Janemba. I don't think this possibility could be ruled out either, since we know movie villains exist in this world like Cooler.