What Would A Hypothetical SSJ5 & Beyond Be Like?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

What Would A Hypothetical SSJ5 & Beyond Be Like?

Post by theherodjl » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:33 am

Supposing that Toei's original DB-run had one or more additional arcs and had new & stronger baddies than even Super Yi Xing Long/Omega Shenron, what would an inevitable SSJ5(possibly even a SSJ6?) be like and how would it be obtained?
Toyble/Toyotaro offered a look into SSJ5 with his DBAF fan manga but I'm thinking more along the lines of how Toriyama & Toei might do it?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: What Would A Hypothetical SSJ5 & Beyond Be Like?

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:50 am

I like YoungJiJii's take where it's a really emotionally stressful form to use. I don't think Kasai Osamu and the others would have made a Super Saiyan 5 all that risky, though. The point is first and foremost to tell merchandise.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:34 am

Well, each super saiyan form has a "hook" to it, so to speak.

The first form of SSJ is your standard shonen transformation, nothing too complicated there, but incredibly iconic.

The grade forms represent transitional stages toward gaining higher power, a sort of foreshadowing for something greater.

SSJ2 represents a sort of ultimate combat form for saiyans, the highest power level they can naturally and safely achieve.

LSSJ hangs on a sort of super saiyan mythos, a specific and unique form belonging to a true monster.

SSJ3 is the unsustainable over-extension of a saiyan's power, the equivalent of a sprint.

SSJ4 involves both an aspect of science and the folding in of the oozaru.

The God form arose from a sort of religious saiyan ritual, or magic if you please.

The Blue form was...ehhhhh.

So! What's the shtick for SSJ5? What sort of natural progression would you lay down as the logic for a new form? We've gone pretty much everywhere there is to go.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:09 am

I believe SS5 should follow the path of SS4, an evolved version of it instead of longer hair and the never-ending changing of colors.

Toriyama would give SS5 the leaner look he gave SS God, so maybe the same black hair only less messy and more Goku-like on the top, perhaps the bangs up like SS2? trim down the body-fur back to regular shirtless Goku, or maybe leave some red fur on the chest, I don't know. Keep the eyeliner and the yellow eyes. Less ape-like features and more homo sapiens features, simbolizing a better understanding of the saiya power and the evolution of the form and the species too. If SS6 would exist, then maybe keep some of the fur and bangs for SS5, and get rid off all the fur and SS2 or even SS3-like bangs for the more agressive SS6, but I feel it would be too much, SS5 should suffice.

How to attain it? hmm, gathering ki from others and amping up the power was done several times in GT and didn't get us SS5, so following the evolution theme I proposed, the same way as SS grade 4, also mixed with some god ki principles thus the leaner figure and the calmness of the form instead of the feral animal-like SS4. Staying in SS4 all day long.

So, it'd go ape > SS ape > SS4 > SS5 like that monkey to human chart.

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:04 am

Cursed Lemon wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:34 am So! What's the shtick for SSJ5? What sort of natural progression would you lay down as the logic for a new form? We've gone pretty much everywhere there is to go.
I think it could work as an extension of SSJ4. SSJ4 is already this quasi Oozaru thing so just go further with it. But instead of the eyeliner and goth colors, tone it down into something more explicitly feral. Basically, have Dragon Ball go full circle so that SSJ5 turns a Saiyan into Son Wukong, complete with snout, vicious canines, and animalistic posture.
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

Surai

Post by Surai » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:56 pm

SSJ3 was already the "over the top" transformation when it appeared but it was supposed to be the ultimate transformation and had a major drawback so it worked. Anything else after that is pretty much doomed to be ridiculous in my opinion.

But I think there’s something that could work and make sense, although I’m not sure it could be called SSJ5. That would be reminiscent of Gohan’s "Mystic" form, the power to use UI, SSJ and godly ki without the need to transform. The hair would be black but spiky like in SSJ1 or SSJ2. The eyes would be blue and silver (silver circles inside blue circles + black pupils). So it’d basically be a combination of Super Saiyan, UI and Super Saiyan God but without any stamina/ki drain.

blacksymbiote
Beyond Newbie

Post by blacksymbiote » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:37 am

SSJ4 made Goku act more aggressive it seemed so I'd want SSJ5 to turn him merciless and/or evil to some degree. So in effect, the form itself would be dangerous to use for too long in regards to the user's friends rather than the user himself.

Ongam

Post by Ongam » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:58 pm

Super saiyan blue is kind of an evolution of super saiyan God, so I like the idea that "super saiyan 5" is an evolution of super saiyan 4. Maybe it becomes more primal, and ape-like? Like bridging from humanoid body directly towards Oozaru. A more savage looking humanoid primate saiyan warrior. Not silver. Never liked the idea that SSJ5 "has to be silver." Thankfully, Ultra Instinct turned the hair silver-ish/white, making that the canon version of SSJ5 but without all the goofy silver fur.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:23 pm

Ongam wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:58 pm Super saiyan blue is kind of an evolution of super saiyan God, so I like the idea that "super saiyan 5" is an evolution of super saiyan 4. Maybe it becomes more primal, and ape-like? Like bridging from humanoid body directly towards Oozaru. A more savage looking humanoid primate saiyan warrior. Not silver. Never liked the idea that SSJ5 "has to be silver." Thankfully, Ultra Instinct turned the hair silver-ish/white, making that the canon version of SSJ5 but without all the goofy silver fur.
That kinda ties into a fanfic idea I had about Oozaru having an improved form, like it grows even larger and actually looks more like a gorilla rather than a muscular were-monkey. The tail regresses to a knobby point to emphasize the change and the only way for the Super-Oozaru to change back into a Saiyan is to regain composure.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:51 pm

Something that can match gods and angels?
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:42 am

If Ssj5 were to be introduced today, I think it would look very similar to what we're already familiar with. Ssj4 will most likely be re-introduced eventually, so I could see them combining that with UI, giving us the version we already have in fan fiction.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:19 am

Ssj4= union of Ssj and great ape.

Ssj5= union of ssj, great ape and God ki.

I would also explain Ssj5 was the power boosting form that allowed Goku tonus Ultra Instinct but he lacked the great ape power at the time.