The Super Saiyan 4 multiplier

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

The Super Saiyan 4 multiplier

Post by Mad Swami » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:48 pm

I have a theory on what the potential multiplier for ssj4 is if there is one. Now I know ssj4 is regarded as "Unleashing the full potential of the user" which sounds as though the power is dictated more by the person and not some sort of set boost like other forms. However if the form has a multiplier then I think I have a thought on what it is. Now the options I have seen thrown around the most are
x5000
x4000
x1000
x500
I am going to share my thoughts on each of these then present my own. x5000 I think has the most evidence to support it and probably makes the most sense. Goku's 10x Kamehameha hints that the form might be 10x another form such as the Golden Oozaru form. However I personally think it's a bit too large for me to love it. By far my favorite or second favorite option. Then there is x4000, the one I hate the most. I hate this one because it takes the logic of the x5000 one and applies it to ssj3 (x400). I hate this a lot due to the fact ssj4 is implied to be more disconnected from previous forms. Less of a sequel and more the true "legendary Super Saiyan". After that there is the x1000. Not the worst one as it still abides by the 10x thought being 10x ssj2(100) and just like ssj2 it is 2x it's predecessor the Golden Oozaru(500). However I would say that that is too small. Finally there is the x500 which like the x4000 I am not a fan of. This one is bad because it implies that ssj4 doesn't give a strength increase but more control over the power. I find this really silly as GT illustrates that one is stronger on numerous occasions. So after thinking about this topic for a bit I came to have my own thought. What if ssj4's multiplier is x2500. Now at first you may think that's odd but here me out. Ssj4 as I previously stated feels less like an upgrade of Super Saiyan or sequel and more of the finished product, a true Super Saiyan. Which is why the form incorporates the Oozaru aspects of Saiyans and is visually so dramatically different. So what perfect way to illustrate this then by having the multiplier be a Super Saiyan Super Saiyan (50x50=2500). Aside from that this multiplier is 5 times stronger than the Golden Oozaru which I think seems like a fair statement given what Gt shows. However it does not fit well with the 10x Kamehameha thought, which to that I say maybe that wasn't really a clue and more a reference to Oozaru's in general. Not a very clean answer but nonetheless I could see the move having that name just due to it referencing Oozarus as apposed to actually being 10 times something. Anyway thanks for reading and let me know what you all think as I would love to hear it! :thumbup: I want to clarify this is just what I think could be a really good multiplier even though I do enjoy the x5000
Last edited by Mad Swami on Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Re: The Super Saiyan 4 multiplier

Post by Hugo Boss » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:48 pm

I’m more satisfied with a “god-like powerful” or “uber powerful” kind of description than a vague multiplier. Multipliers only create plot holes and hinder the creative thoughts on conceiving a story.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:34 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:48 pm I’m more satisfied with a “god-like powerful” or “uber powerful” kind of description than a vague multiplier. Multipliers only create plot holes and hinder the creative thoughts on conceiving a story.
Ok I get where your coming from. You appreciate Super's more relative power system as apposed to the multiplicative nature of Z. Personally I enjoy the multipliers but thanks for responding

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:19 am

Goku's 10x Kamehameha hints that the form might be 10x another form such as the Golden Oozaru form.
Personal headcanon is that it's a "focused" Kaiohken.

Hypothesis:
The SS4 power is equivalent to the Ultimate\Potential Unlocked state... except it uses the Ozaru body as base.
And everything is compressed in human-sized body with full cognition, which amplifies its effectiveness

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:08 pm

About SS4, we'll probably never find a middle ground in the fandom, but one of the things about SS4 that could help us get there is that in an official guide it's boost is comparable to the boost provided by the potara fusion + SS. That is GT Super Vegito would be somewhat of a match for SS4 Goku.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:00 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:08 pm About SS4, we'll probably never find a middle ground in the fandom, but one of the things about SS4 that could help us get there is that in an official guide it's boost is comparable to the boost provided by the potara fusion + SS. That is GT Super Vegito would be somewhat of a match for SS4 Goku.
I think base Vegito would probably be a match for ssj4 Goku but ssj Vegito I think would be too powerful. However I would agree super Gogeta back when he was the weaker fusion would be a match as super saiyan. However Gogeta under the new established rules in base woul also be a match. Just a personal thought
Last edited by Mad Swami on Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:01 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:19 am
Goku's 10x Kamehameha hints that the form might be 10x another form such as the Golden Oozaru form.

Hypothesis:
The SS4 power is equivalent to the Ultimate\Potential Unlocked state... except it uses the Ozaru body as base.
And everything is compressed in human-sized body with full cognition, which amplifies its effectiveness
Interesting, not a bad thought

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:34 am

Mad Swami wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:01 pm

Hypothesis:
Its an interesting thought.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:34 am

Hypothesis:
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:00 am

Hulk10 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:34 am

Hypothesis:
Hope you enjoyed my theory thanks for checking it out (saw you asked about it. sorry didn't respond, I saw it late)

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:36 am

Mad Swami wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:34 pm You appreciate Super's more relative power system as apposed to the multiplicative nature of Z. Personally I enjoy the multipliers but thanks for responding
I don’t think you can resume Dragon Ball Z to multipliers, since battle powers are only given until Freeza Arc. Cell Arc and Boo Arc are more relative to Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball GT and Dragon Ball Super in that regard.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:56 am

Hugo Boss wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:36 am
Mad Swami wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:34 pm You appreciate Super's more relative power system as apposed to the multiplicative nature of Z. Personally I enjoy the multipliers but thanks for responding
I don’t think you can resume Dragon Ball Z to multipliers, since battle powers are only given until Freeza Arc. Cell Arc and Boo Arc are more relative to Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball GT and Dragon Ball Super in that regard.
fair

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:30 pm

Mad Swami wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:48 pm I have a theory on what the potential multiplier for ssj4 is if there is one. Now I know ssj4 is regarded as "Unleashing the full potential of the user" which sounds as though the power is dictated more by the person and not some sort of set boost like other forms. However if the form has a multiplier then I think I have a thought on what it is. Now the options I have seen thrown around the most are
x5000
x4000
x1000
x500
I am going to share my thoughts on each of these then present my own. x5000 I think has the most evidence to support it and probably makes the most sense. Goku's 10x Kamehameha hints that the form might be 10x another form such as the Golden Oozaru form. However I personally think it's a bit too large for me to love it. By far my favorite or second favorite option. Then there is x4000, the one I hate the most. I hate this one because it takes the logic of the x5000 one and applies it to ssj3 (x400). I hate this a lot due to the fact ssj4 is implied to be more disconnected from previous forms. Less of a sequel and more the true "legendary Super Saiyan". After that there is the x1000. Not the worst one as it still abides by the 10x thought being 10x ssj2(100) and just like ssj2 it is 2x it's predecessor the Golden Oozaru(500). However I would say that that is too small. Finally there is the x500 which like the x4000 I am not a fan of. This one is bad because it implies that ssj4 doesn't give a strength increase but more control over the power. I find this really silly as GT illustrates that one is stronger on numerous occasions. So after thinking about this topic for a bit I came to have my own thought. What if ssj4's multiplier is x2500. Now at first you may think that's odd but here me out. Ssj4 as I previously stated feels less like an upgrade of Super Saiyan or sequel and more of the finished product, a true Super Saiyan. Which is why the form incorporates the Oozaru aspects of Saiyans and is visually so dramatically different. So what perfect way to illustrate this then by having the multiplier be a Super Saiyan Super Saiyan (50x50=2500). Aside from that this multiplier is 5 times stronger than the Golden Oozaru which I think seems like a fair statement given what Gt shows. However it does not fit well with the 10x Kamehameha thought, which to that I say maybe that wasn't really a clue and more a reference to Oozaru's in general. Not a very clean answer but nonetheless I could see the move having that name just due to it referencing Oozarus as apposed to actually being 10 times something. Anyway thanks for reading and let me know what you all think as I would love to hear it! :thumbup: I want to clarify this is just what I think would be a really good multiplier one that I would prefer over x5000
And the answer Is... All your hypotesis are wrong. In goku's and vegeta's case, scaling from baby Vegeta Is a x40'000 /x1600 because ssj Is x2 in gt.
For Gohan Is much, much more.
Generally, ssj4 Is described as a form that brings out every last bit of hidden potential from the user, so there is'nt a fixed multiplier but It change with the user, and of 2 people have the same Is Just a coincidence

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:37 pm

p-hyvo wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:30 pm
Mad Swami wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:48 pm I have a theory on what the potential multiplier for ssj4 is if there is one. Now I know ssj4 is regarded as "Unleashing the full potential of the user" which sounds as though the power is dictated more by the person and not some sort of set boost like other forms. However if the form has a multiplier then I think I have a thought on what it is. Now the options I have seen thrown around the most are
x5000
x4000
x1000
x500
I am going to share my thoughts on each of these then present my own. x5000 I think has the most evidence to support it and probably makes the most sense. Goku's 10x Kamehameha hints that the form might be 10x another form such as the Golden Oozaru form. However I personally think it's a bit too large for me to love it. By far my favorite or second favorite option. Then there is x4000, the one I hate the most. I hate this one because it takes the logic of the x5000 one and applies it to ssj3 (x400). I hate this a lot due to the fact ssj4 is implied to be more disconnected from previous forms. Less of a sequel and more the true "legendary Super Saiyan". After that there is the x1000. Not the worst one as it still abides by the 10x thought being 10x ssj2(100) and just like ssj2 it is 2x it's predecessor the Golden Oozaru(500). However I would say that that is too small. Finally there is the x500 which like the x4000 I am not a fan of. This one is bad because it implies that ssj4 doesn't give a strength increase but more control over the power. I find this really silly as GT illustrates that one is stronger on numerous occasions. So after thinking about this topic for a bit I came to have my own thought. What if ssj4's multiplier is x2500. Now at first you may think that's odd but here me out. Ssj4 as I previously stated feels less like an upgrade of Super Saiyan or sequel and more of the finished product, a true Super Saiyan. Which is why the form incorporates the Oozaru aspects of Saiyans and is visually so dramatically different. So what perfect way to illustrate this then by having the multiplier be a Super Saiyan Super Saiyan (50x50=2500). Aside from that this multiplier is 5 times stronger than the Golden Oozaru which I think seems like a fair statement given what Gt shows. However it does not fit well with the 10x Kamehameha thought, which to that I say maybe that wasn't really a clue and more a reference to Oozaru's in general. Not a very clean answer but nonetheless I could see the move having that name just due to it referencing Oozarus as apposed to actually being 10 times something. Anyway thanks for reading and let me know what you all think as I would love to hear it! :thumbup: I want to clarify this is just what I think would be a really good multiplier one that I would prefer over x5000
And the answer Is... All your hypotesis are wrong. In goku's and vegeta's case, scaling from baby Vegeta Is a x40'000 /x1600 because ssj Is x2 in gt.
Generally, ssj4 Is described as a form that brings out every last bit of hidden potential from the user, so there is'nt a fixed multiplier but It change with the user, and of 2 people have the same Is Just a coincidence
I dont know where your x40'000/x16'000 multipliers are from nor the SSJx2 comment, can you explain just so I understand better. Much appreciated. Also thanks for checking out my theory

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:31 am

Mad Swami wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:37 pm
x5000
x4000
x1000
x500
I dont know where your x40'000/x16'000 multipliers are from nor the SSJx2 comment, can you explain just so I understand better. Much appreciated. Also thanks for checking out my theory
Gt perfect files explains that baby Vegeta's forma works like Saiyan transformations, with base being ssj, strongest form 1 beiong ssj2 and strongest form 2 being ssj3. So super baby 2=base baby Vegeta x8, and oozaru baby Is base baby Vegeta x80. Goku Is said to be nearly al strong as oozaru baby as a ssj4, so he has to take a x80 boost + the percentuale difference between base baby Vegeta and ssj3 Goku (more or less, because gt perfect files states that baby might still be stronger. So :
Goku 1
Ssj3 400 , or 16 with gt multipliers
Ssj3, drain 300, or 12 with gt multipliers
Baby Vegeta 375 , or 15 with gt multipliers(baby Is stated to officially surpass Goku only After he Transformers, so he beated ssj3 Goku in base only because he had stamina issue but a fpssj3 Goku would have been stronger)
Super baby 2 750, or 30 with gt multipliers (baby Vegeta X2)
Super baby 2 3000, or 120 with gt multipliers
Goku, injuried 0,7
Golden oozaru 2800, or 112 with gt multipliers (Golden oozaru Goku worried super baby 2, so he has to be in his tier. For this ti be, Golden oozaru has ti necessarely be a ssj3 oozaru)
Oozaru baby 30'000, or 1200 with gt multipliers
Ssj4 goku (base injuried) 28'000, or 1120 with gt multipliers
Ssj4 Goku (healed) 40'000, or 1600 with gt multipliers (he Just stomps oozaru baby)

For the ssj Is x2 in gt thing, rildo says a thing that makes think that thing, plus in gt ssj is'nt all that strong and much smaller gaps are needed, and using a x50 multiplier would give much bigger and useless gaps than the Ones that the series displayed (example : s17 arc ssj Gohan does'nt Need to be tens of times stronger than majuub, base Goten/trunks does'nt appear ti be tens of times weaker than majuub and base Goku is'nt hundreds of times stronger than base vegeta.much smaller gap are more confortevole to work with and works Better, so ssj Is x2. Also, with the x50 multiplier baby baby saga Goten would be easily at least like 5000 times weaker than base Goku, and again, such a big gap is'nt needed for Goku ti be much stronger than him, no way rildo got a x50 boost Just by absorbing sigma force, because as we know the absorbption Is a simple sum in db (base rildo could fight with base Goku, and mega rildo could keep up with ssj Goku even if Goku held the advantage)

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:07 am

p-hyvo wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:31 am

Gt perfect files explains that baby Vegeta's forma works like Saiyan transformations, with base being ssj, strongest form 1 beiong ssj2 and strongest form 2 being ssj3. So super baby 2=base baby Vegeta x8, and oozaru baby Is base baby Vegeta x80. Goku Is said to be nearly al strong as oozaru baby as a ssj4, so he has to take a x80 boost + the percentuale difference between base baby Vegeta and ssj3 Goku (more or less, because gt perfect files states that baby might still be stronger. So :
Goku 1
Baby Vegeta 375 , or 15 with gt multipliers(baby Is stated to officially surpass Goku only After he Transformers, so he beated ssj3 Goku in base only because he had stamina issue but a fpssj3 Goku would have been stronger)
Goku, injuried 0,7
Golden oozaru 2800, or 112 with gt multipliers (Golden oozaru Goku worried super baby 2, so he has to be in his tier. For this ti be, Golden oozaru has ti necessarely be a ssj3 oozaru)
Ssj4 Goku (healed) 40'000, or 1600 with gt multipliers (he Just stomps oozaru baby)

For the ssj Is x2 in gt thing, rildo says a thing that makes think that thing, plus in gt ssj is'nt all that strong and much smaller gaps are needed, and using a x50 multiplier would give much bigger and useless gaps than the Ones that the series displayed (example : s17 arc ssj Gohan does'nt Need to be tens of times stronger than majuub, base Goten/trunks does'nt appear ti be tens of times weaker than majuub and base Goku is'nt hundreds of times stronger than base vegeta.much smaller gap are more confortevole to work with and works Better, so ssj Is x2. Also, with the x50 multiplier baby baby saga Goten would be easily at least like 5000 times weaker than base Goku, and again, such a big gap is'nt needed for Goku ti be much stronger than him, no way rildo got a x50 boost Just by absorbing sigma force, because as we know the absorbption Is a simple sum in db (base rildo could fight with base Goku, and mega rildo could keep up with ssj Goku even if Goku held the advantage)
Yeah the gaps are big. Gt is weird and have Goku at Vegito level by GT the multipliers dont change and nothing shows that. Base Goku GT> Kid Buu>>most other characters

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:36 am

Mad Swami wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:07 am

Goku 1
Goku, injuried 0,7

Yeah the gaps are big. Gt is weird and have Goku at Vegito level by GT the multipliers dont change and nothing shows that. Base Goku GT> Kid Buu>>most other characters
No, not really. Going by scaling, everyone from the baby saga on Is stronger than everyone in z.

Base baby saga Goten>Kid baby>baby post rildo>toddler baby>hyper mega rildo>ssj Goku (M2 ARC)>mega rildo>base Goku(M2 ARC)>base rildo>base rildo, suppressed>enraged buuhan

Gt does'nt work with "Logic", Just take what you see there and use It

For exemple, all the ssj hybrids fights Better than majuub against s17, while in the previous saga majuub was stronger than ssj3 Goku, and base Vegeta fought in a way comparabile to ssj Gohan in that fight, and there are implications of base Vegeta being stronger than majuub in that arc. Just scaling

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:01 pm

p-hyvo wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:36 am

Goku 1
Goku, injuried 0,7

No, not really. Going by scaling, everyone from the baby saga on Is stronger than everyone in z.

Base baby saga Goten>Kid baby>baby post rildo>toddler baby>hyper mega rildo>ssj Goku (M2 ARC)>mega rildo>base Goku(M2 ARC)>base rildo>base rildo, suppressed>enraged buuhan

For exemple, all the ssj hybrids fights Better than majuub against s17, while in the previous saga majuub was stronger than ssj3 Goku, and base Vegeta fought in a way comparabile to ssj Gohan in that fight, and there are implications of base Vegeta being stronger than majuub in that arc. Just scaling
But the SSJ multiplier is never stated to change or get weaker in fact. When characters do better and what not that is due to them getting stronger. Case in point SSJ3 Goku being stronger in 17 arc then Majuub when last arc they were flipped. Gt gaps are just huge

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:55 pm

Mad Swami wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:01 pm

But the SSJ multiplier is never stated to change or get weaker in fact. When characters do better and what not that is due to them getting stronger. Case in point SSJ3 Goku being stronger in 17 arc then Majuub when last arc they were flipped. Gt gaps are just huge
Gt gaps are sure huge, but they would still be ev n with ssj=X2
And again, I've brought the proofs of the reduction even if obviously no One ever stated It directly in the series. There's no reason to think that (referring ti s17 arc) majuub Is tens of times stronger than base Goten and trunks, ssj Gohan Is tens of times stronger than majuub and base Vegeta Is tens of times base Gohan. And again, rildo getting a x50 or so boost Just by absorbing sigma force is'nt logical in the slightest. That should already serve as a proof by itself

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:05 pm

p-hyvo wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:55 pm
Mad Swami wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:01 pm

Gt gaps are sure huge, but they would still be ev n with ssj=X2
And again, I've brought the proofs of the reduction even if obviously no One ever stated It directly in the series. There's no reason to think that (referring ti s17 arc) majuub Is tens of times stronger than base Goten and trunks, ssj Gohan Is tens of times stronger than majuub and base Vegeta Is tens of times base Gohan. And again, rildo getting a x50 or so boost Just by absorbing sigma force is'nt logical in the slightest. That should already serve as a proof by itself
I think your just underestimating the growth of characters and Rildo's fusion with Sigma force. Also does that mean SSJ2 is X4 and SSJ3 is X16?