"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:17 pm

I meant new, as in "new attack". All the previous versions of V4 used the Galaxy Sword. Thanks for the link though!

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:33 pm

Draconic wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:57 pm Gotenks and Trunks are still the only characters not to get Super Saiyan 4. I liked God Trunks well enough, but I really hope that doesn't kill his chances at getting 4 too, and by extension Gotenks.
Maybe it just me but i think Xeno Goten would look really cool as SSG in his current outfit, also since he is always related to Trunks it would make sense for him to go there to keep up with him and Gotenks SSG could also exist, this year is the 10th anniversary which is surely going to be a big deal more so than the other ones, could we have both a new SSG AND a new SS4??? really hoping for SS4 too whatever the case

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:02 am

Dragotaker wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:33 pm
Draconic wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:57 pm Gotenks and Trunks are still the only characters not to get Super Saiyan 4. I liked God Trunks well enough, but I really hope that doesn't kill his chances at getting 4 too, and by extension Gotenks.
Maybe it just me but i think Xeno Goten would look really cool as SSG in his current outfit, also since he is always related to Trunks it would make sense for him to go there to keep up with him and Gotenks SSG could also exist, this year is the 10th anniversary which is surely going to be a big deal more so than the other ones, could we have both a new SSG AND a new SS4??? really hoping for SS4 too whatever the case
That would be pretty badass.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:57 am

Today I happened to come across the SDBH 9th anniv. guidebook while checking out some stores. And feeling super tempted, I decided to buy it. :lol:

Gonna cover some of its contents in a bit on my Twitter, for anybody who's interested.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:04 pm

Rakurai wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:57 am Today I happened to come across the SDBH 9th anniv. guidebook while checking out some stores. And feeling super tempted, I decided to buy it. :lol:

Gonna cover some of its contents in a bit on my Twitter, for anybody who's interested.
Goodness, there is some really interesting stuff in that guidebook, the one thing that really caught my attention is that they were really thinking about SS4 Trunks to be a thing since like 5 years ago!!! i wonder if they were also thinking about the fur color at that moment, well for one i'm glad Gohan had his chance even though it was going to be done eventually with the direction the game was heading anyways.

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:05 am

So Mechi has really been around since DBO but just never appeared? Good thing Heroes decided to add him

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:48 am

Dragotaker wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:04 pm Goodness, there is some really interesting stuff in that guidebook, the one thing that really caught my attention is that they were really thinking about SS4 Trunks to be a thing since like 5 years ago!!! i wonder if they were also thinking about the fur color at that moment, well for one i'm glad Gohan had his chance even though it was going to be done eventually with the direction the game was heading anyways.
Lol yep! I wish I had bought it earlier, so we could've speculated earlier before the announcement of BBM lol. The other interviews w/ Takeshi-san (VA of Trunks) & the Dragon Soul band are fun to read as well. No promises I can write translations for those but I will do the secret development interview at the very least.
Majin Demigra wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:05 am So Mechi has really been around since DBO but just never appeared? Good thing Heroes decided to add him
He's been a concept since around that time at the very least, yes. And turns out his design is based on a prototype of the original Demigra design.

According to the 8th anniv guidebook (one of the scans that S3 Hendrix sent me), they use DB Online as a base. Not just Fuu, but Mechikaboola also originated from DB Online. Inb4 DB Online is actually a possible timeline in the SDBH series. :lol:
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:56 am

Rakurai wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:48 amInb4 DB Online is actually a possible timeline in the SDBH series. :lol:
Plot twist: Heroes was actually a grand planned prequel to the revival of Dragon Ball Online!
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:37 pm

So I wonder if Makai being destroyed means no more demons...

At least from the Xeno timeline/Universe 7's demon realm.

HECTOR4
Regular

Post by HECTOR4 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:35 pm

About some of the XV/Heroes designs:

As Rakurai has already said, and TheDevilsCorpse on Twitter, yes, surely one of the discarded designs for Demigra served to create Mechickaboola:

And this other design perhaps served as inspiration for the young Demigra form:

The idea of the horns was also there from the beginning, and now we have seen it in the last form of Mechickaboola:

For the Kaiôshin of Time it seems that in principle an adult form was intended for her, but in the end they decided to give her a girlish appearance. In the end they rescued the idea for her subsequent transformation:

For Tokitoki they first thought of an appearance similar to the real birds called toki:

Then they thought of a larger and svelt bird and then another small bird, and in the end they gave it an aged bird shape. And now they rescues the idea of making him a large and svelt bird:

Majin Demigra wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:37 pm So I wonder if Makai being destroyed means no more demons...

I don't think so. I imagine Towa searching through space and time for his lost son Fu, whom she had to forcibly abandon before Makai was destroyed. And to Demigra trying to take the position of Mechickaboola and rebuild Makai and the Dark Empire. Every time Mechickaboola is not there, Demigra takes control of the troops XD

And of course, Mechickaboola could return at any time.

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:15 pm

i hope the first thing they do is settle the score with Demigra, is gonna be weird if they do though as i'm already accustomed to Robelu and she doesn't seem too much like a villian type either for me after how much of help she has been to the time patrol, btw we know that both Salsa and Shroom are truly dead because of their transformation even if somehow Bardock didn't finish them off but what about the other two that were with Demigra in the past?? are they dead too?? what about Dabura??

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:44 pm

So let’s talk about everything Heroes has used from online:

The over all plot of heroes since the very first set is about you creating a avatar and assisting future trunks in changing timelines/ages back to their regular course of history. Higuchi said DBO inspired the idea of making hero avatars.

Next we would get Trunks xeno In Evil dragon mission 6 and he even has his Dragon Ball Online time machine(even xenoverse doesn’t have this time machine and trunks xeno appeared in evil dragon mission 6 which came out 9/11/2014 a decent bit before even xenoverse 1 would come out 2/5/15).

Mira would then appear in a special mission for evil dragon mission 8 where you would fight him on the asteroid/space stage and he(Mira) has spirit bomb as his special attack(I suppose this is suppose to simulate Mira’s appearance in DBO when he destroys new namek with a spirit bomb)

God mission 1 starts by introducing us to the masked saiyan and the demon realm as a whole, they used chocolay tower from dragon ball online but instead of it being on earth it’s in the demon realm and later in SDBH we learn this is mechikabura’s tower(not chocolay like in DBO). Also in god mission 1 and forward there would be different histories you could unlock by compeleting legendary clear conditions, In god mission 3 heroes actually started getting an actual story with dialogue and we finally meet Towa and other memebers from the dark empire army like General Bon the leader of the red pants army, and we finally meet the kaioshin of Time who was only talked about in DBO lore and finally seen for the first time in XV1, In GDM3 bardock xeno is freed from the mask and fights Mira in his base form just like in DBO except this time it takes place in the demon realm instead of the wasteland where saiyan saga Goku and vegeta fight(bardock xeno doesn’t gain ssj3 till later after training with trunks xeno). Heroes also added many of the DBO original villains in god mission 3 like general bon as I mentioned above some more are the 2 new Devilmen psidevilman and greatdevilman also Haru Haru/ shun shun which are Majins who work for the dark empire and are very similar to the majins that work for the time breakers in DBO.(heroes also has the green timebreaker stone/gem that Towa used in DBO to power villains up with but we only see it once and that’s on oozaru Masked Saiyan who appears in GDM2 and GDM3. I should note not even XV franchise has this)

Heroes also has the evil namekians even if it’s not to the same extent as DBO, in God mission 4 the dark empire travels to the age where demon king piccolo is released by the pilaf gang, because of the dark empire king piccolo is able to give birth to majunior/ piccolo JR without dying and they even alter history to have you right 3 super namekians(lord Slug, demon king piccolo and piccolo JR) also in SDBH1 a brainwashed dende creates the dark dragon balls for mechikabura and SDBH6 has lord Slug: xeno and Towa Forces lord Slug to merge with the earth.

Now god mission 10’s ending/ SDBH1 animated trailer introduced us to mechikabura who was mentioned in DBO but other than that we didn’t know anything about him(also we just learned mechikabura was originally mentioned in DBO), in SDBH 2 we get the cell X arc which is pretty different than how Cell X was used in DBO but still pretty similar. In DBO Towa creates/captures a version of Cell and puts him in a test tube to gain power, she give this test tube to captain bacterian and orders him to collect energy for cell X, Cell grew impatient and broke out of the test tube and moved to a cave behind a water fall where he(cell X) creates offspring to gather energy for him. In SDBH 2 Cell X is a version of Cell from the age when the Z fighters are fighting the androids(I suppose the dark dragon ball merging with Cell made him go into his perfect form) and he’s in the area where bulma, Gohan, and trunks find the old time machine and cell’s shell. Cell: xeno also gives birth to Cell jr’s That gather energy for him and once theirs enough energy gathered Demon God Putine states they’ve gathered enough energy for cell to finally transform and then Cell: xeno transforms into cell X.

Lastly we have Fu who appeared in the Taiwanese DBO guide book as a baby and was stated he would have a great impact on the world when he(fu) grows up, seems heroes interpreted this as the prison planet experiment Fu started in UVM1, and let me just say it truly was a great impact.

So far it seems heroes has been staying much more true to the DBonline lore than the XV franchise, only tweaking it because they have access to use more than just the original dragon ball manga(unlike the original DBO team) and to fit within the new modern DB lore that came with BOG/ROF And DBsuper.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:45 am

Zarely
Banned

Post by Zarely » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:41 am

Who is meant to be stronger out of Hearts and Mechikabura at their strongest then?

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:05 am

Zarely wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:41 am Who is meant to be stronger out of Hearts and Mechikabura at their strongest then?
Unknown. no one has the answer right now.

Scientist Fu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scientist Fu » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:54 pm

I wanted to ask something about Fu, anyone knows what's his main goal in the game?

ShadowVezon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ShadowVezon » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:23 pm

Scientist Fu wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:54 pm I wanted to ask something about Fu, anyone knows what's his main goal in the game?
To cause a second big bang, which would create a new universe. This was the original purpose of the Universe Seed (thus the name), which the Prison Planet was designed to gather energy for.

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:11 pm

Zarely wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:41 am Who is meant to be stronger out of Hearts and Mechikabura at their strongest then?
Assuming Vegito X isn't that far behind CC Gogeta, I'd say Mechikabura since they couldn't beat him without the Key Sword and having Chronoa seal him away, Vegito would have just killed him if he was strong enough. Even when he dropped out of his forms and reverted back to his old age that appeared to be their only option.

Scientist Fu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scientist Fu » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:34 pm

ShadowVezon wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:23 pm
Scientist Fu wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:54 pm I wanted to ask something about Fu, anyone knows what's his main goal in the game?
To cause a second big bang, which would create a new universe. This was the original purpose of the Universe Seed (thus the name), which the Prison Planet was designed to gather energy for.
Wow, interesting. Thank you !

I've always been a huge fan of this character, he is so unique and refreshing. And now he aroused my curiosity even more, I wonder what he will do after realizing his dream.

Zarely
Banned

Post by Zarely » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:43 pm

HECTOR4 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:35 pm About some of the XV/Heroes designs:

As Rakurai has already said, and TheDevilsCorpse on Twitter, yes, surely one of the discarded designs for Demigra served to create Mechickaboola:

And this other design perhaps served as inspiration for the young Demigra form:

The idea of the horns was also there from the beginning, and now we have seen it in the last form of Mechickaboola:

For the Kaiôshin of Time it seems that in principle an adult form was intended for her, but in the end they decided to give her a girlish appearance. In the end they rescued the idea for her subsequent transformation:

For Tokitoki they first thought of an appearance similar to the real birds called toki:

Then they thought of a larger and svelt bird and then another small bird, and in the end they gave it an aged bird shape. And now they rescues the idea of making him a large and svelt bird:

Majin Demigra wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:37 pm So I wonder if Makai being destroyed means no more demons...

I don't think so. I imagine Towa searching through space and time for his lost son Fu, whom she had to forcibly abandon before Makai was destroyed. And to Demigra trying to take the position of Mechickaboola and rebuild Makai and the Dark Empire. Every time Mechickaboola is not there, Demigra takes control of the troops XD

And of course, Mechickaboola could return at any time.
Did Toriyama design Demigra? Or any of the others?