"Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

samuraix123
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by samuraix123 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:05 pm

I've been keeping up with this game here and there but here lately I have been thinking about getting this game a lot now. Normally I'm very very cautious about buying Dragonball games brand new but I do like the way this is looking especially after watching some footage that's spamming my Youtube page. :lol: I wont lie, I'm a dubbie guy but I also love the Japanese version as well but this trailer has me all giddy haha
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihj25SxWixQ&t=5s Shut up I'm a loser I know lol I don't need you guys telling me! We're all in the same boat LOL
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:27 pm

Grimlock wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:27 am At this moment, I'm kind of addicted to RPG again, even started playing Dragon Quest 8 for the first time thanks to all the hype and stuff I saw for the new Dragon Quest anime in the Jump Festa (also getting the opportunity to know the franchise starting by said game). So I also would like to play a great RPG/action RPG Dragon Ball game, but a "great Dragon Ball game" has to bring a new story, especially nowadays, otherwise everything else crumbles. We shouldn't be stuck, much less asking for the same thing over and over, you know.
I'm trying to slow down on RPGs and JRPGs. I know it's my fault but I ended up starting 3 at 1 time LOL Final Fantasy 8(I never beat it back in the day but I bought the remastered version on ps4) Koudelka for PS1 and DragonQuest...11? I think? I just beat DQ8 on PS2 and no spoilers make sure you get over level 50 for each characters before starting the final boss because it made me mad as crap haha
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
#1 Paikuhan fan!

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:33 pm

Masashi Ebara, who you guys might know better as the voice of Might Guy from Naruto, is the new voice of Mr. Satan. He also played Van Hohenheim in Fullmetal Alchemist 2003, a role that Unsho Ishizuka played in Brotherhood.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Novantico

Post by Novantico » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:44 pm

Scsigs wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:16 pm So, we have the Vegeta trailer/Launch Trailer as it's called on Bandai Namco's Europe account (set to 'We Were Angels'): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2SnInDLDCQ

And the "Soul Emblems" trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZLyxDeqM30

2 more days. LET'S GO!
That Vegeta trailer was amazing.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:21 pm

samuraix123 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:27 pmI just beat DQ8 on PS2 and no spoilers make sure you get over level 50 for each characters before starting the final boss because it made me mad as crap haha
I've just reached level 40 before going after Dhoulmagus, hopefully that would be enough. I intend to level up more after him, of course. Anyway, we can talk more about it here.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:19 pm

samuraix123 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:05 pm I've been keeping up with this game here and there but here lately I have been thinking about getting this game a lot now. Normally I'm very very cautious about buying Dragonball games brand new but I do like the way this is looking especially after watching some footage that's spamming my Youtube page. :lol: I wont lie, I'm a dubbie guy but I also love the Japanese version as well but this trailer has me all giddy haha
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihj25SxWixQ&t=5s Shut up I'm a loser I know lol I don't need you guys telling me! We're all in the same boat LOL
I already shared that trailer.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:42 pm

Scsigs wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:19 pm
samuraix123 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:05 pm I've been keeping up with this game here and there but here lately I have been thinking about getting this game a lot now. Normally I'm very very cautious about buying Dragonball games brand new but I do like the way this is looking especially after watching some footage that's spamming my Youtube page. :lol: I wont lie, I'm a dubbie guy but I also love the Japanese version as well but this trailer has me all giddy haha
I already shared that trailer.
Sorry bout that bub. I rarely ever read a lot of the pages. I did however preorder the game a bit ago.
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Kakarotto92
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kakarotto92 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:19 am

I'm late to the party, but the announcement of this game was some of the best Dragon Ball news I've had in years. Even before all the trailers, gameplays and images that came out throughout the year, just that first trailer in January 2019 and the announcement of an Action RPG developed by CyberConnect2, was enough to make me as happy and excited as I was back when Super was first announced (maybe even more). I've been asking/wishing for a game like this to be made since like 2007. A well done open world action RPG adapting the story of DB in a slow and detailed way, is something that's never really been done before (other than in GB and 3DS games) and was long overdue in this franchise.

It takes me back to 2011, after playing and becoming a fan of the Ninja Storm games, I remember envying Naruto fans' luck for having a developer like CC2 working on their franchise, while we DB fans were stuck with shitty Spike games. Almost 10 years later and it's finally our turn :D

Only disappointment as of now seems to be the skipping of original DB/pre-Raditz material and the game's story apparently starting yet again with Raditz's arrival on Earth, as if that was the beginning of Goku's story and not the middle of it. I'd love to train with Muten Roshi, running with Kuririn while delivering milk, climbing Korin's tower, fight the Red Ribbon Army, fly on the Kinto'un looking for Dragon Balls or chasing after Tambourine to avenge Kuririn’s death, etc. What a shame.

I'm not complaining , getting pre-Z content was never likely to happen to begin with and regardless of it, this game, as it appears to be right now and if done right, is still a dream come true.

I still can’t believe it, first Fighterz and now this, at long last I'm getting the Dragon Ball games I've been asking for the most part of the last 15 years :clap:

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:32 am

Kakarotto92 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:19 am Only disappointment as of now seems to be the skipping of original DB/pre-Raditz material and the game's story apparently starting yet again with Raditz's arrival on Earth, as if that was the beginning of Goku's story and not the middle of it. I'd love to train with Muten Roshi, running with Kuririn while delivering milk, climbing Korin's tower, fight the Red Ribbon Army, fly on the Kinto'un looking for Dragon Balls or chasing after Tambourine to avenge Kuririn’s death, etc. What a shame.

I'm not complaining , getting pre-Z content was never likely to happen to begin with and regardless of it, this game, as it appears to be right now and if done right, is still a dream come true.
To speak on this, this might be the reason why the game's called DBZ: Kakarot as opposed to DBZ: Goku (other than the earlier Legacy of Goku Action RPGs being a thing), since it's focused on the parts of the story after Goku discovers he's an alien named Kakarot, to which the rest of the story then evolves from.

A prequel called DBZ: Goku covering the first several arcs of the manga would be awesome, though.

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:02 am

8000 Saiyan wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:33 pm Masashi Ebara, who you guys might know better as the voice of Might Guy from Naruto, is the new voice of Mr. Satan. He also played Van Hohenheim in Fullmetal Alchemist 2003, a role that Unsho Ishizuka played in Brotherhood.
Good choice.
I wonder if he will be Heihachi in next Tekken games.

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:08 am

Btw, do you guys think this game can be seen as some sort of "DBZ anime remake" game?

I myself will probably buy it after I finish both Xenoverse games, and besides, I don't like buying games as soon as they are out.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:16 am

No, it's missing a lot of things.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:47 am

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:15 am

Xeogran wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:47 am

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:45 am

As far as Bardock and End of Z goes -
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:32 am

Grimlock wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:16 am No, it's missing a lot of things.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:35 am

Ok, so the things that are a part of the preorder DLC (not the season pass) are:

Bonus item: Smiling Ultra Mega Roast.

Bonus scenarios:

A Competitive Party with Friends, "A sub story revolving around Goku and his allies."
Note: This sub story is available after Chapter 3: Cell Saga Episode 2

The Mystical Member of the Ginyu Force, "Allows early access to fight former Ginyu Force member Bonyu in the Training Room at Capsule Corporation."
Note: This content is available after Chapter 3: Cell Saga Episode 2.

Interesting. As for what's been said up top...
Last edited by Scsigs on Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:38 am

By the way, it has been confirmed that the Trunks time machine will appear after the end of the game, and that it will be important in future updates (features will be revealed in this month's V Jump).

So there is the possibility of movie villains and other stories being implemented through this (maybe even DLCs too)

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:05 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:38 am By the way, it has been confirmed that the Trunks time machine will appear after the end of the game, and that it will be important in future updates (features will be revealed in this month's V Jump).
So there is the possibility of movie villains and other stories being implemented through this (maybe even DLCs too).
That...wouldn't make too much sense seeing how Trunks' time machine & how time travel works in DB. A better way would be in, like, dream scenarios or Supreme Kai of Time (give her an origin too), or something, not Trunks' time machine.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:08 pm

The game will be somewhere in the higher end of the 70/100 once it gets more reviews.

Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.