"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

YuseiFudou
Not-So-Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by YuseiFudou » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:35 pm

I have a wishlist of my own that I'd like to list, which hopefully doesn't come across as a a rant.
Other than the usual stuff such as more characters, quests, skills etc etc, these are the things I'd like.
  • More than 30 seconds to choose a character in online
Unlike many people I face online or do quests with, I for one don't pick my CaC at all.
Only sometime when I want to fool around or sometime during raids.
Most of the time I like to play as a character from the cast and I like to play as A LOT of them.
I just don't think the 30 seconds we have at the moment is enough considering the amount of characters we have to choose from. Especially considering we had 15 seconds when the game first came out... At least make it 60 seconds and that should be plenty!
  • The HUB is pretty large, but useless for the most part.
Other than going to places like the Quest Counter, Masters, Shops and teleporting to other destinations, there isn't really anything to do. Not like there is any reason to grab another Master at the moment or buy anything from the shop. Most of the time you're just at the Quest counters. I just think they could at least give you more of a reason to go to places in the HUB. Heck what is the point of that School that you can go to? It is LITERALLY just there.
  • Get rid of this stupid auto-kick players after 3 hours of playtime.
Seriously Dimps, get rid of this. I used to wonder why it would tell you that you're getting kicked out. Then my friend who I always play with told me, "I think they just kick you after 3 hours, to get rid of people who were always afk in Xenoverse 1".
Which stills doesn't make sense.
Say if that WERE to be the case. AT LEAST have the game detect the people that are afk and prompt it to kick THEM after 3 hours if they are just idle for a good half an hour. When I'm in a session of 10 hours, I don't wanna be forced to go back to the title screen 3 times in that session, seriously.
  • Better netcode.
C'mon Dimps, at least have my punches register properly at all times.
  • More possible transformations/powers for other races than Saiyans.
I get it, I too want to be a kick ass cool looking Saiyan like everyone else.
But I feel they should make the other races more appealing too.
For example they could give the Frieza race maybe a 'Final Form' transformation that you use before going Golden?
Or some unique things that only a certain race could learn?
  • Emotes usable during battles.
I'd love the idea of using emotes during battles! Not necessarily just for taunting opponents, but also to often make for some cool screenshots haha! :D
  • SSJ4 for CaC.
Even though I want more unique things for other races, doesn't mean I wouldn't want the beautiful SSJ4 available for characters! I mean if we can have SSJ1, SSJ2, SSJ3, SSB, SSBE and likely to have SSG in Xenoverse 3, why no SSJ4? It would actually get me to play as my CaC more often honestly! :P
  • The Hero Colosseum's shop could be a bit cheaper.
30 tries to get a guaranteed UR, and 5 tries already costs 100 TP medals.
Honestly if you're playing on console this is quite expensive. Farming to get a decent amount of TP medals can be done, but it does take quite some time. And for all you know you might not get the character you're looking for. Just think instead of 100 TP medals for 5 tries, it should be 50 TP medals. But for all we know this might not even make it to Xenoverse 3.

That is all I can think of right now honestly!
Sorry for the long list, hope it is allowed!

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:40 am

I really want no limit for the amount of characters in a fight, like 2 vs 1, or 3 vs 1. FighterZ has this already

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:25 pm

YuseiFudou wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:35 pm I have a wishlist of my own that I'd like to list, which hopefully doesn't come across as a a rant.
There is the Xenoverse 3 Wishlist thread, so this can go there. And don't worry, I rant more than most.
  • More than 30 seconds to choose a character in online
Unlike many people I face online or do quests with, I for one don't pick my CaC at all.
Only sometime when I want to fool around or sometime during raids.
Most of the time I like to play as a character from the cast and I like to play as A LOT of them.
I just don't think the 30 seconds we have at the moment is enough considering the amount of characters we have to choose from. Especially considering we had 15 seconds when the game first came out... At least make it 60 seconds and that should be plenty!
I don't think the 30sec limit is that big of a deal. I can understand it being harder to choose when there's a large list of characters. Instead the interface should be more compact and open screened, rather than three lines that stretch off into the distance that you need to scroll over. If it was larger and more open like a Select Screen in most Fighting Games, the 30sec limit wouldn't be an issue because you could see every character on the roster at once.
  • The HUB is pretty large, but useless for the most part.
Other than going to places like the Quest Counter, Masters, Shops and teleporting to other destinations, there isn't really anything to do. Not like there is any reason to grab another Master at the moment or buy anything from the shop. Most of the time you're just at the Quest counters. I just think they could at least give you more of a reason to go to places in the HUB. Heck what is the point of that School that you can go to? It is LITERALLY just there.
Yes that is also once of the games biggest failings. The Hub World is pretty much pointless. A hub or main town is generally what you'd have in an MMO where you could go from place to place to pick up quests and fight monsters for EXP.

But that doesn't happen in Xenoverse and the exp from Patrol missions is completely trash and useless after Lv85. You're pretty much stuck regurgitating the "Explosion of Namek" mission to get dragon balls just to make the wish for "I want to grow more!", which you can only do after helping Guru enough times to make the dragonballs stronger. That's the only efficient leveling method past 85. Which is grindy as fuck and hella boring.

Hub size also extends to the Time Vault. You can't really run or fly in that zone and it's a lot of wasted space for so few things to interact with. Much of the hub is also wasted since the console versions can't support more than a certain number of people per server and the Xenoverse servers themselves can't support large numbers, so doing them this way is rather aggravating. They should've had more traditional RPG portions of the game to expand the hub world and have missions/quests and had the Fighting Game portion be its own thing.
  • Get rid of this stupid auto-kick players after 3 hours of playtime.
Seriously Dimps, get rid of this. I used to wonder why it would tell you that you're getting kicked out. Then my friend who I always play with told me, "I think they just kick you after 3 hours, to get rid of people who were always afk in Xenoverse 1".
Which stills doesn't make sense.
Say if that WERE to be the case. AT LEAST have the game detect the people that are afk and prompt it to kick THEM after 3 hours if they are just idle for a good half an hour. When I'm in a session of 10 hours, I don't wanna be forced to go back to the title screen 3 times in that session, seriously.
Game should prompt you. If you don't answer the prompt after, say, 10min, then you get booted. But I can also safely say this is also due to the fact their servers are pretty trash and can't handle high numbers of players.
  • Better netcode.
C'mon Dimps, at least have my punches register properly at all times.
The more they update, the more they screw up. Honestly the whole thing needs to be retooled from the ground up.
  • More possible transformations/powers for other races than Saiyans.
I get it, I too want to be a kick ass cool looking Saiyan like everyone else.
But I feel they should make the other races more appealing too.
For example they could give the Frieza race maybe a 'Final Form' transformation that you use before going Golden?
Or some unique things that only a certain race could learn?
Made that suggestion and gave ideas in the XV3 Wishlist thread. Yes, Saiyans have the most transformations, but every other race gets shafted. I go into better detail in the wishlist thread.
  • SSJ4 for CaC.
Even though I want more unique things for other races, doesn't mean I wouldn't want the beautiful SSJ4 available for characters! I mean if we can have SSJ1, SSJ2, SSJ3, SSB, SSBE and likely to have SSG in Xenoverse 3, why no SSJ4? It would actually get me to play as my CaC more often honestly! :P
Also on the list. Also made it a story choice for your Saiyan character as to whether you go down the path of Gods or the Primal road. Ie; Do you want the SSG forms or SS4.
  • The Hero Colosseum's shop could be a bit cheaper.
30 tries to get a guaranteed UR, and 5 tries already costs 100 TP medals.
Honestly if you're playing on console this is quite expensive. Farming to get a decent amount of TP medals can be done, but it does take quite some time. And for all you know you might not get the character you're looking for. Just think instead of 100 TP medals for 5 tries, it should be 50 TP medals. But for all we know this might not even make it to Xenoverse 3.
Honestly I don't really like the Hero Coliseum because it's just a cheaper version of Heroes. And in that case, just go play Heroes. To me, all the Coliseum was was a way to trick players into paying for TP Medals instead of grinding for them.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:39 pm

Zelvin wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:25 pmHonestly I don't really like the Hero Coliseum because it's just a cheaper version of Heroes. And in that case, just go play Heroes.
Give me the money and I will. Game is still very expensive where I live.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:45 pm

Zelvin wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:25 pm Honestly I don't really like the Hero Coliseum because it's just a cheaper version of Heroes. And in that case, just go play Heroes. To me, all the Coliseum was was a way to trick players into paying for TP Medals instead of grinding for them.
Agreed. Though, at least based on World Mission, I'd call that an insult to Heroes almost.

Heroes is what it is, but at least it's actually pretty fun once you get used to it. The Coliseum though? I tried. I tried many, many times, and I just could not care less about it. There's no fun to be had there, just another way to spend precious TP medals.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:48 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:45 pm Agreed. Though, at least based on World Mission, I'd call that an insult to Heroes almost.

Heroes is what it is, but at least it's actually pretty fun once you get used to it. The Coliseum though? I tried. I tried many, many times, and I just could not care less about it. There's no fun to be had there, just another way to spend precious TP medals.
That's why I didn't do much with it. Tried it out, but it just wasn't much fun after the initial intrigue wore off.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

YuseiFudou
Not-So-Newbie

Post by YuseiFudou » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:11 pm

Zelvin wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:25 pm
Honestly I don't really like the Hero Coliseum because it's just a cheaper version of Heroes. And in that case, just go play Heroes. To me, all the Coliseum was was a way to trick players into paying for TP Medals instead of grinding for them.
I already own Ultimate Mission X on the 3DS as well as SDBH:WM on both the Switch and Steam. I've been playing the game for a very long time, so I can totally see how the Coliseum is just a cheap knockoff. But if they're going to add a minigame, at least make it somewhat worth spending time on. Saving up 500 TP medals just to hope I can get some decent characters? And then you gotta hope you have the resources to level them up, limit break etc etc. It really is nothing more than getting people to spend money on TP medals.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:52 pm

Xicor would be a good add to a DLC

Also there is any news about XV3?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:54 pm

Noah wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:52 pm Xicor would be a good add to a DLC

Nothing for now, maybe at E3 o later this year.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:52 pm

Noah wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:52 pm Xicor would be a good add to a DLC

They're never going to add Fanfic characters. If you want Xicor or Rycon or other fanfic characters, I'm sure you can find the mods for them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11ujeIN4huM
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:54 pm

What are the chances they do a complete overhaul on the graphics for Xenoverse 3? I know Heroes and DBLegends had some texture changes, but I'm talking about making the game look more inspired off of the anime like Kakarot and FighterZ instead of that action figure style Xenoverse has.

Second question: Is it realistic to expect them to change how underwhelming the attacks look?
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:17 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:54 pm What are the chances they do a complete overhaul on the graphics for Xenoverse 3? I know Heroes and DBLegends had some texture changes, but I'm talking about making the game look more inspired off of the anime like Kakarot and FighterZ instead of that action figure style Xenoverse has.

Second question: Is it realistic to expect them to change how underwhelming the attacks look?
Depends on how much time and budget they get since they'd then have to overhaul the existing roster and assets with the improvements. It is
a little possible (but I very much doubt FighterZ level is possaible), but I wouldn't get your hopes up anytime soon. Looking more like Legends's models is more likely
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Zamasu Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Zamasu Black » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:57 am

Why have they spent years adding DLC when most of the content could have gone into Xenoverse 3?

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:14 am

Zamasu Black wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:57 am Why have they spent years adding DLC when most of the content could have gone into Xenoverse 3?
If people are willing to buy it then why not sell them twice ? once as DLC in 2 and once as a full game in 3.

ShadowVezon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ShadowVezon » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:54 am

Zamasu Black wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:57 am Why have they spent years adding DLC when most of the content could have gone into Xenoverse 3?
It'll all end up in Xenoverse 3 anyway, they're probably trying to keep people aware of the series until they announce the next entry.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:07 pm

Because they need even more money and know people will just buy it all again for XV3

Zamasu Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Zamasu Black » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:40 am

But at this point and with the series not currently airing, what is there left to even add for Xenoverse 3 now?

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:21 am

Zamasu Black wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:40 amBut at this point and with the series not currently airing, what is there left to even add for Xenoverse 3 now?
They'll probably move into Heroes' territory as there's plenty of content to use and it's developed by Dimps as well.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:01 am

Zamasu Black wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:40 am what is there left to even add for Xenoverse 3 now?
More Dragon Ball Online content. There's much more from it to explore.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:19 am

Zamasu Black wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:40 am But at this point and with the series not currently airing, what is there left to even add for Xenoverse 3 now?
ToP main characters(FP Jiren, Omen, KKx20 Goku, Toppo, Dyspo, U6 girls, etc) and Broly's many forms. So basically the last two arcs.
And the forms of certain Z characters like Buutenks, grey Buu, 2nd form Cell, 2nd and 3rd form Freeza, Paikuhan, Pui Pui, Yakon, and although impossible, most relevant characters from DB.