"Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:25 pm

Usually I don't have much fun with Challenge Rushes, but that Goku one entertained me a lot. It also was a motivation to level up and soul boost my characters in order to complete the challenge.

Didn't finished the story mode where Shallot finally becomes SSJ3 (so no spoiler please), but I hope he at least get's a new fighting style.

For God's sake from SSJ Goku (even it's several variations) to SSJ2 and SSJ3 we see the cleary difference of the movement when their Melee cards are selected. It would be a shame to SSJ3 Shallot to remains with his Base fighting style.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PsionicWarrior » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:40 am

Didn't really pay attention to the fighting style, but killing Super Vegito in 3 strikes was something. :shock:

I think if you're f2p, investing in Zenkai characters is the safest bet. At least you are guaranteed in the portals and these characters are competitive.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:28 am

On the story mode side of things, it was cool to see Shallot properly step into the hero role this time. I like that they didn't even let you use him for most of the chapter (while pitting you against dark-type enemies) so his entrance held more weight.

Sure, showing up in the nick of time to save the sidekicks and style on the villains is classic Goku, but it was new to see it happen against Buu. Goku never really got to be the returning hero in that arc because he was too busy being flighty and irresponsible.

HECTOR4
Regular

Post by HECTOR4 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:13 am

Kanassa wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:24 pm The story so far...
The Update
It's a nice ending overall, Turles gets a bit of development before his unfortunate end and I still really enjoy the path of Shallot's character and how he's taking different things from his comrades. Also, gonna make a bet here now: I'm betting we're gonna see most of the dead characters (Vegeta, Nappa, Trunks, and Turles at least) again in hell since I'm expecting Janemba to happen at some point in the story.

So, who do we think the Ultimate Warrior is? I doubt it's our Hooded Menace or Cell as Turles makes specific mention that the warrior is on their way to the planet, whereas those two characters are already on the planet (We haven't seen Cell yet, but I doubt he's being created off planet). Plus, I wouldn't consider Cell to be someone that exists in neither past nor future.
Kataphrut wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:48 pm The story is actually in a really cool spot at the moment.

I don't know how much we care about spoilers, but to sum it up:
Sorry, long post but I'm liking the story a lot at the moment. There's a lot of interesting stuff going on, some fun takes on the source material.
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:09 pm
And that's it hope my summarize is correct :D
Hello, I don't play the game but I am very interested in knowing the story and that is all you can find here. What happened after Giblet declares that he will perform a genocide? Do we know anything about who is behind the tournament? Who is Zahha and where does he come from? I've read out there that Dabra and Zahha meet at some point. From what DNA is this new Cell made of?

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:54 pm

HECTOR4 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:13 amHello, I don't play the game but I am very interested in knowing the story and that is all you can find here. What happened after Giblet declares that he will perform a genocide? Do we know anything about who is behind the tournament? Who is Zahha and where does he come from? I've read out there that Dabra and Zahha meet at some point. From what DNA is this new Cell made of?
You should play the game 8)
On a side note for the Buu story arc
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

HECTOR4
Regular

Post by HECTOR4 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:16 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:54 pm
HECTOR4 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:13 amHello, I don't play the game but I am very interested in knowing the story and that is all you can find here. What happened after Giblet declares that he will perform a genocide? Do we know anything about who is behind the tournament? Who is Zahha and where does he come from? I've read out there that Dabra and Zahha meet at some point. From what DNA is this new Cell made of?
Thank you very much ^^

My mobile is very limited and doesn't have much memory capacity XD. Even so, I'm very bad at playing and I don't like it very much either. I'm not very gamer, haha. Which is a problem for those of us who love knowing all the stories related to Dragon Ball. I can watch gameplays on YouTube, but they are in English, and although I increasingly understand the language (I am Spanish), I still have trouble reading and understanding fluently. In the forum, thanks to the written text, I can use a translator and understand quite well. Thanks to this forum and people like you those of us who don't play can know the story of the game. Thanks ^^

About Zahha and New Cell:

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:04 am

HECTOR4 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:16 pm
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:54 pm
Thank you very much ^^

My mobile is very limited and doesn't have much memory capacity XD. Even so, I'm very bad at playing and I don't like it very much either. I'm not very gamer, haha. Which is a problem for those of us who love knowing all the stories related to Dragon Ball. I can watch gameplays on YouTube, but they are in English, and although I increasingly understand the language (I am Spanish), I still have trouble reading and understanding fluently. In the forum, thanks to the written text, I can use a translator and understand quite well. Thanks to this forum and people like you those of us who don't play can know the story of the game. Thanks ^^

About Zahha and New Cell:
You are welcome and don't worry I am French, I find english not that difficult to learn and use, it can be janky though on some sentence but nothing that hard. I am a self taught english hehe.

For Cell:

HECTOR4
Regular

Post by HECTOR4 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:16 am

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:04 amFor Cell:
OK, thank you ^^

They have not worked very hard on the explanations then XD

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:41 am

HECTOR4 wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:16 am
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:04 amFor Cell:
OK, thank you ^^

They have not worked very hard on the explanations then XD
Think of this as Cell 2.0. He's built with the knowledge of what happened with the first Cell, and uses this to his advantage. Dr. Gero also takes advantage of having all of the timeline's best fighters in one place, and creates a stronger Cell from their cells.

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:50 pm

Well the new godku and godvegeta are god tier (pun not intended) but I don't have any more ccs left to summon lol

HECTOR4
Regular

Post by HECTOR4 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:00 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:41 amThink of this as Cell 2.0. He's built with the knowledge of what happened with the first Cell, and uses this to his advantage. Dr. Gero also takes advantage of having all of the timeline's best fighters in one place, and creates a stronger Cell from their cells.
It seems that the idea is to empower the great villains of each saga. Raditz appeared more powerful than normal, Freeza and his soldiers were powered by modified fruits from the tree of the gods, Cell is an improved version... So how have they improved Majin Boo? Do we know anything about that? Will he eventually absorb someone more powerful than Ultimate Gohan? Will we have a Majin Boo (DBS: Broly Absorbed)? XD

Also thinking about the main villains of the game:

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:43 am

HECTOR4 wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:00 pm
ZeroNeonix wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:41 amThink of this as Cell 2.0. He's built with the knowledge of what happened with the first Cell, and uses this to his advantage. Dr. Gero also takes advantage of having all of the timeline's best fighters in one place, and creates a stronger Cell from their cells.
It seems that the idea is to empower the great villains of each saga. Raditz appeared more powerful than normal, Freeza and his soldiers were powered by modified fruits from the tree of the gods, Cell is an improved version... So how have they improved Majin Boo? Do we know anything about that? Will he eventually absorb someone more powerful than Ultimate Gohan? Will we have a Majin Boo (DBS: Broly Absorbed)? XD

Also thinking about the main villains of the game:
For Majin Buu welp

HECTOR4
Regular

Post by HECTOR4 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:37 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:43 amFor Majin Buu welp

ShadowVezon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ShadowVezon » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:54 am

HECTOR4 wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:37 pm
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:43 amFor Majin Buu welp

HECTOR4
Regular

Post by HECTOR4 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:10 am

ShadowVezon wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:54 am
OK, thank you ^^. Very, very interesting ^^. So:

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:57 pm

ANNNNNNNNNNNNNND Dragon Ball Legends welcome the last place where Android 21 wasn't yet there.

Also on Reddit she already had become a meme that community kill me :lol:

And finnaly got SUPER ANDROID 13 YES !!!! The nut breaker ♥ 8)

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:21 pm

So...Apparently Yamoshi will have something to do with the upcoming events of the game's ongoing main story

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:30 pm

Noitsnothim wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:21 pm So...Apparently Yamoshi will have something to do with the upcoming events of the game's ongoing main story
It'd be nice if the small changes to justify the anime retellings of Battle of Gods and Resurrection F amounted to...anything at all. I mean, seriously. All this time, and this Namekian Book of Legends thing remains a confusing throwaway line in the inferior version of BoG.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:27 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:30 pm
Noitsnothim wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:21 pm So...Apparently Yamoshi will have something to do with the upcoming events of the game's ongoing main story
It'd be nice if the small changes to justify the anime retellings of Battle of Gods and Resurrection F amounted to...anything at all. I mean, seriously. All this time, and this Namekian Book of Legends thing remains a confusing throwaway line in the inferior version of BoG.
What's interesting is that we have already a connection with Kanba/Cumber (That I hope soon as an SP unit) Would love to have him coming to the game and be from the era as Shallot and Giblet.

Speaking about the stuff in my parenthesis we will have a "transforming" Piccolo and Goku from their battle with raditz, so this Goku will be barefoot and have a "controled" Kamehameha as a special.

HECTOR4
Regular

Post by HECTOR4 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:49 pm

Could anyone make a summary of what happened since the defeat of Fat Boo until the current events, please? ^^