Goku can just use instant transmission to go to Kaio’s planet from anywhere in the universe

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

Goku can just use instant transmission to go to Kaio’s planet from anywhere in the universe

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:58 pm

And then go from his planet to earth with instant transmission. They showed that in the Cell Arc. Don’t know if that was in the manga aswell, but definitely in the Anime. This is not very good writing. But i get it, it wouldn’t be convenient for the plot. They want to build up tension and give the earthlings a chance to fight and shine. Everything is plot related afterall, this is just one such thing.

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Goku can just use instant transmission to go to Kaio’s planet from anywhere in the universe

Post by Thani » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:24 pm

That's...... A very good point. You make a good point. Honestly I prefer it this way, but yeesh, it would feel like plot convenience anyway.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Re: Goku can just use instant transmission to go to Kaio’s planet from anywhere in the universe

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:36 pm

Thani wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:24 pm That's...... A very good point. You make a good point. Honestly I prefer it this way, but yeesh, it would feel like plot convenience anyway.
Thanks.

Another good point,

Beerus’ planet is damn far away. And in the Resurrection F Arc, Goku could teleport to earth from Beerus’ homeworld thanks to a weakened Gohan who powered up. Moro, at this point, has a MASSIVE power level, and there are literally fights happening everywhere on planet earth now that it has been invaded by Moro’s goons, so there is literally no way that Goku wouldn’t be able to sense that.

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:08 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:36 pm
Thani wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:24 pm That's...... A very good point. You make a good point. Honestly I prefer it this way, but yeesh, it would feel like plot convenience anyway.
Thanks.

Another good point,

Beerus’ planet is damn far away. And in the Resurrection F Arc, Goku could teleport to earth from Beerus’ homeworld thanks to a weakened Gohan who powered up. Moro, at this point, has a MASSIVE power level, and there are literally fights happening everywhere on planet earth now that it has been invaded by Moro’s goons, so there is literally no way that Goku wouldn’t be able to sense that.
Well, to be fair, it felt to me that Beerus' planet is located in the living world, as opposed to the afterlife. Then again, Whis can get to North Kaio's planet in just 26 minutes of physical travel. I.... don't think Toriyama really thought this out.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:35 pm

Merus took Goku to the edge of the universe, where Moro couldn't find them. He is so far away that he cannot feel any powerful Ki. Moro is also not fighting, so naturally his Ki is not high. Vegeta is the only one now who can feel spirits so far from him because of the training. I don't see it as a plot convenience

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:43 am

To be fair we don't really know how the limits of distance and ki sensing work.

The fact that it's harder to sense ki signatures a significant distance away in realspace than it is to sense them in other dimensions, in some cases, makes it kind of complicated.

There could be places in the universe where you can easily sense Kaio's planet, and places where you can't sense it at all.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:48 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:35 pm Merus took Goku to the edge of the universe, where Moro couldn't find them. He is so far away that he cannot feel any powerful Ki. Moro is also not fighting, so naturally his Ki is not high. Vegeta is the only one now who can feel spirits so far from him because of the training. I don't see it as a plot convenience
How do you know it was the edge of the universe? Where was it stated, i must have missed that.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:44 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:48 am
TheSaiyanGod wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:35 pm Merus took Goku to the edge of the universe, where Moro couldn't find them. He is so far away that he cannot feel any powerful Ki. Moro is also not fighting, so naturally his Ki is not high. Vegeta is the only one now who can feel spirits so far from him because of the training. I don't see it as a plot convenience
How do you know it was the edge of the universe? Where was it stated, i must have missed that.
Edge of the universe was just an expression to indicate that he is a long way from any contact with known beings. Merus took Goku to an uninhabited planet where Moro could not find him, and the goat was literally all over the galaxy.

His henchmen even invaded Yardrat, which is a planet outside the jurisdiction of the galactic patrol (that is, outside the galaxy) where Jaco was unable to contact them. Vegeta needed a hard training to master his spirit control to a higher level than Goku to be able to feel the Earth spirits, there is no way for Goku to be able to find some Ki nearby and use Shunkan Ido

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:37 am

honestly at this point you would think the kaiou's would teach goku I'm and in turn goku teaches it to the z fighters as well as kaioken spirit bomb etc.... This only makes everyone stronger and better and more capable to defend earth.

Vegeta choosing not to learn IT on yardat to me is bad writing but it is what it is. their trying to build the story up

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:56 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:35 pm Merus took Goku to the edge of the universe, where Moro couldn't find them. He is so far away that he cannot feel any powerful Ki. Moro is also not fighting, so naturally his Ki is not high. Vegeta is the only one now who can feel spirits so far from him because of the training. I don't see it as a plot convenience.
Goku can still IT to Kaio’s planet and teleport to Earth from there in an instant. So it is still a plot convenience, considering the possibilities..

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:02 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:56 am
TheSaiyanGod wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:35 pm Merus took Goku to the edge of the universe, where Moro couldn't find them. He is so far away that he cannot feel any powerful Ki. Moro is also not fighting, so naturally his Ki is not high. Vegeta is the only one now who can feel spirits so far from him because of the training. I don't see it as a plot convenience.
Goku can still IT to Kaio’s planet and teleport to Earth from there in an instant. So it is still a plot convenience, considering the possibilities..
He still needs to be able to sense Kaiou in order to teleport there. The rules of teleportation don't change, and there's nothing saying that he can sense North Kaiou from where he is currently in the living universe.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:35 pm

Darkprince410 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:02 am
GodVegetto91 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:56 am
He still needs to be able to sense Kaiou in order to teleport there. The rules of teleportation don't change, and there's nothing saying that he can sense North Kaiou from where he is currently in the living universe.
If he can sense Kaio from earth, than he can sense him from anywhere in the physical universe. Since the spirit world (“Other World”) is a completely different dimension. The same distance should apply from anywhere in the universe. And it’s a “spirit world”, hence is perfect for sensing. He showed that in the Cell Arc, where he went from Earth to Kaio’s planet, and from Kaio’s planet to Namek. And back the same route again.

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:51 pm

Dragon Ball is pretty flawed if you are a anime fan you will easily pick apart all the things Toriyama missed.

I just accept it's a flawed product and enjoy it for what it is.

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:06 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:35 pm
If he can sense Kaio from earth, than he can sense him from anywhere in the physical universe. Since the spirit world (“Other World”) is a completely different dimension. The same distance should apply from anywhere in the universe. And it’s a “spirit world”, hence is perfect for sensing. He showed that in the Cell Arc, where he went from Earth to Kaio’s planet, and from Kaio’s planet to Namek. And back the same route again.
That's not proof that he can though. Yes, the afterlife is on a different general plane from the living universe, but there's still distance involved, as we clearly see from the illustrations of the universes. Likewise, the idea of it being a different dimension doesn't really hold any weight when we see that he can't teleport to Beerus's planet (why he and Vegeta were always needing to get hold of Whis), yet he could teleport from Beerus's to Earth.

Without any evidence saying otherwise, distance is still a viable reason (even considering it's a different dimension) for why he can't teleport. I mean, North Kaiou is in the northern most section of the afterlife (we see the four cardinal Kaiou planets are at a + to one another, suggesting they occupy the same relative space as their quadrant of the living universe. So if Merus brought Goku to the far southernmost section of the living universe, it might just be too far from Kaiou for him to sense.