Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Marco Polo » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:11 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:56 pm Oh... Ok, so Salagir DIDN'T keep track...

https://www.dragonball-multiverse.com/e ... ?comsall=1
Salagir (Page 1623): To be honest, I keep track of whose gohan is each, but I gave up on the Piccolos long ago :D
... :| ...
Wow, Toriyama would never have made such a mistake

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:26 am

Marco Polo wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:11 pm Wow, Toriyama would never have made such a mistake
Nah, he absolutely would. Still a li'l frustrating though, when you're theory crafting is trounced by the author's forgetfulness :P .
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:06 am

Brikikoz wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:31 pm
miguelnuva1 wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:19 am
Kaioshin also needed help becasue Buu doesn't need oxygen and he couldn't teleport without Kibito in DBZ thus he couldn't try it on Babidi and Dabura.
Why didn't Kibito teleport Babidi or Dabura?
He was dead before he got the chance. They couldn't find them till after they recruited the saiyans.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:11 pm

Man, her facial expressions really are amazing.

Prediction: Bra is teleporting behind him. Gohan will either do that Substitution Jutsu thing, or die horribly.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:49 pm

Time to see how much Salagir likes his anime tropes. Good setup for a 'Big Damn Heroes' moment.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:11 pm

I really hope Gohan makes it out of this somehow. Which one is this anyway? 16 or 18?

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:50 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:11 pm I really hope Gohan makes it out of this somehow. Which one is this anyway? 16 or 18?
16. Also, Asura showed up to help clarify a few things on the French page:
Asura wrote:Well there is obviously something missing (panel or drawing) to better show what's happening this page, since most people have not understood it.

I thought that panel #1 would be enough to help understand Bra's position compared to the other characters (roughly between the 2 groups, but far away).
In panel #2, Bra uses the same tactic she did against Cold (she begins her attack and teleports). Panel #3 just shows where she starts to reappear.

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:24 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:06 am
miguelnuva1 wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:19 am
Kaioshin also needed help becasue Buu doesn't need oxygen and he couldn't teleport without Kibito in DBZ thus he couldn't try it on Babidi and Dabura.
He was dead before he got the chance. They couldn't find them till after they recruited the saiyans.
Wrong. He had visual contact with Dabura and Babidi when they were on the cliffside watching Spopovichi and Namu die. He could have used the superior Kaioshin-Teleport, and killed everyone there.

So why didn't he?

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:41 pm

Brikikoz wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:33 pm
FoolsGil wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:55 pm SIGH. :evil:

How? Effing how? She can just teleport out of being sandwiched between a damn shield and a beam of energy? Really??
They're writing teleportation to its logical combat extent. Toriyama screwed up by introducing it and that's why he never actually had anyone use it in battles because it's too overpowered.

If Goku had used teleportation logically, everyone beyond Babidi would've been dead in one shot.
Toriyama didn't "Screw up". He established that Goku's teleportation can't be spammed to that extent, it's why he's unable to use it when Boo tries to blow up the planet.

Toei originally had Goku starting spamming teleports, which is obviously a problem, but making Bra able to do so is a problem Multiverse created. I am aware that the Kaioshin teleport is better than Goku's, but it wasn't shown to be spammable, that's a choice Salagir made himself.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:05 pm

Saiga wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:41 pm
Brikikoz wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:33 pm
FoolsGil wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:55 pm SIGH. :evil:

How? Effing how? She can just teleport out of being sandwiched between a damn shield and a beam of energy? Really??
They're writing teleportation to its logical combat extent. Toriyama screwed up by introducing it and that's why he never actually had anyone use it in battles because it's too overpowered.

If Goku had used teleportation logically, everyone beyond Babidi would've been dead in one shot.
Toriyama didn't "Screw up". He established that Goku's teleportation can't be spammed to that extent, it's why he's unable to use it when Boo tries to blow up the planet.

Toei originally had Goku starting spamming teleports, which is obviously a problem, but making Bra able to do so is a problem Multiverse created. I am aware that the Kaioshin teleport is better than Goku's, but it wasn't shown to be spammable, that's a choice Salagir made himself.
The screw up was introducing warping in the first place. If he'd ended things with Cell Saga, with the Warp-Kamehameha being the obvious max usage of the ability, it'd be fine, and a great climactic use of powers.

Then he continued, but by introducing new enemies who would've died to the Warp-Kamehameha, such as Dabura or Babidi, and then not using it...that's another screwup caused by the original.

Same with the Kaioshin teleport. There's no logical reason WHY they wouldn't use it as a weapon other than it would be a story breaker.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:29 pm

That's not a screw-up. Goku could have defeated either of those enemies without the Warp-Kamehameha, so it's fine (especially Babidi lol).

He didn't even fight either of those characters, so not a screw-up at all. And even then, the Warp KHH is nowhere near as powerful as just being able to constantly spam it to avoid attacks and move where-ever you want.

Besides, Bra hasn't Warp KHH'd anyone. So by your logic Multiverse screwed up anyway.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:31 am

Brikikoz wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:24 pm
miguelnuva1 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:06 am

Wrong. He had visual contact with Dabura and Babidi when they were on the cliffside watching Spopovichi and Namu die. He could have used the superior Kaioshin-Teleport, and killed everyone there.

So why didn't he?
You mean when his Boss told he not to make a move while he was also recovering from the Shock that Dabura had joined Babidi?

That still doesn't account for Vegito and Bra's situation.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:06 am

Piccolo: "Gohan! Dooodge!"

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:07 pm

And this friday starts another Universe 13 special
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:14 pm

Apparently, Salagir likes to subvert tropes...hate to say it but it's kind of funny. Not in a 'ha ha' but in a cosmic warped sense.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:56 pm

Holy crap dude...

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:01 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:14 pm Apparently, Salagir likes to subvert tropes...hate to say it but it's kind of funny. Not in a 'ha ha' but in a cosmic warped sense.
I always roll my eyes at scenes like this. Even if they're teleporting, you know where the attack is going to come from. Fucking move.
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:06 pm

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:01 pm
FoolsGil wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:14 pm Apparently, Salagir likes to subvert tropes...hate to say it but it's kind of funny. Not in a 'ha ha' but in a cosmic warped sense.
I always roll my eyes at scenes like this. Even if they're teleporting, you know where the attack is going to come from. Fucking move.
Well that Gohan lost all hope. Bra probably could have walked up to him calmly and he wouldn't have moved.

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:13 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:06 pm
It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:01 pm
Well that Gohan lost all hope. Bra probably could have walked up to him calmly and he wouldn't have moved.
Even in fan continuities Gohan just stands there and lets people mess him up. Son Gohan? More like Some Disappointment!
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:21 pm

I am just...SOOOOO sick of Bra. Can this just END already?! Jesus Christ, it's agonizing.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler