Ultimate Goku?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Ultimate Goku?

Post by Mad Swami » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:27 am

Remember the scene in Super where Elder Kai offers to unlock Goku's potential. Well I have been thinking, would Goku ever accept? On one hand sure, because Goku wants to be strong, but Goku wants to earn his strength so I doubt it. However, if he did, answer 2 questions for me...

1. How strong would a theoretical Buu saga Ultimate Goku be, would it be SSJ3 or greater?

2. How strong a theoretical T.O.P Ultimate Goku would be

Doctor.
Banned

Re: Ultimate Goku?

Post by Doctor. » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:35 am

I think he would accept provided all other options of defeating Boo were exhausted.

Goku doesn't have much potential and it was pretty much implied he had tapped it out by the time BoG comes around. He would likely be as strong as his SS3 state, maybe slightly stronger depending on how much he still had in him. It would still be a major advantage over normal SS3 since that would likely mean there's not a such a rapid stamina loss. I would wager he could beat Kid Boo.

By ToP, he has become much more powerful due to Godly Ki. He says in the Broly movie he thought he had reached his limit (he says or implies this a lot after he acquires SSB), so I would assume he'd be as strong as his SSB in base, being able to stack Kaioken on to it more easily perhaps. He would probably still be able to use ultra instinct in a pinch as well.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:14 pm

I don't think it would awaken any hidden latent power like Gohan.

But it would allow him to go full power in his base form without transforming.

Kid Buu - He would have access to his Super Saiyan 3 power without draining his stamina or needing to transform. We may not have that subplot of him needing a minute to gather his energy. He might be able to beat Kid Buu without the Spirit Bomb.

ToP - Nothing really changes, except him using Kaio Ken on his base.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:11 pm

Don't forget the potential unlock is conditioned to elevate the user's power "wa~~ay, wa~~ay out above their limits" (to quote Elder Kaioshin). I think it would probably allow Goku to handle Fat and Kid Buu with no issues whatsoever.

A hypothetical TOP Ultimate Goku might see him handling virtually everyone sans Jiren. Kaioken should still be usable as it's an amplification technique, not a transformation. Goku would still need Ultra Instinct to challenge Jiren but he would probably not have to preemptively awaken it again fighting Kelfa in the anime.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:58 pm

Lionel wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:11 pm Don't forget the potential unlock is conditioned to elevate the user's power "wa~~ay, wa~~ay out above their limits" (to quote Elder Kaioshin). I think it would probably allow Goku to handle Fat and Kid Buu with no issues whatsoever.

A hypothetical TOP Ultimate Goku might see him handling virtually everyone sans Jiren. Kaioken should still be usable as it's an amplification technique, not a transformation. Goku would still need Ultra Instinct to challenge Jiren but he would probably not have to preemptively awaken it again fighting Kelfa in the anime.
So T.O.P Goku Omen second trigger level and Buu arc what Gotenks level?

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:16 pm

Buu saga Vegito doesn't need SSJ to anger Buuhan. Goku later destroys Buu either before Earth is destroyed or soon after on the Kai planet. Vegeta later gets his potential unlocked.

TOP Goku would fare about the same againts Jiren but maybe able to win without UI by a time out assuiming he stronger than post 2nd omen Goku with blue.

Rakka333

Post by Rakka333 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:35 am

I’ve been trying to discuss this article debating the best of Goku’s forms. I would love some others insight on the order of these. I am new to the DBZ community, but a long time fan of the show since watching it on Toonami when I was young. Is there a form you would’ve changed or added in this for the best of Goku? A personal favorite of mine isn’t mentioned. I am not sure if it’s considered canon or not? Gogeta was always my chosen character in the video games ages ago but I don’t recall him in the anime. :think:
Anyways would mean a lot if you’d check it out and let me know what I could do differently. :D
https://www.gamersdecide.com/articles/all-goku-forms

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:40 am

1. As others have said, SS3 was the pinnacle of his strength in the Boo Arc, so he probably would be able to put forth his full power in that form and beat Boo.

2. Since his “super surpassed limits” form was Ultra Instinct, he probably would be able to use it without that much of a toll.