"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:46 am

Yeah, this will definitely help the game. FGC enthusiasts are extremely hopeful and happy with this announcement and the news were met with almost universal praise!

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:38 am

Kataphrut wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:43 pm Selectable assists confirmed! We got beams for Krillin, Trunks and Yamcha, DPs for SS Vegeta and Beerus, death ball for Freeza, rekkas for Hit, Cell's perfect attack and what appears to be SS Goku and Base Vegeta autocombos. This is could be a game changer. Hopefully it'll open up the variety of teams people can choose from without having to rely on a few key characters for assists. I'm personally looking forward to being able to swap out SS Goku.

Also no more fuzzies (meaning Z Broly is now S-tier), buffed sparking (that could be good, or very very bad) and...ki charging deflects weak ki blasts now. Whatever.

Season 3 is already gearing up to be way better than season 2. We've got gameplay changes, a slick new UI and the promise of more regular balance patches throughout the year. Hopefully it ain't gonna be like last year when the Rat ran rampant. I caught a bit of the World Tour Finals LCQs and saw some sick matches, looking forward to more.
Wow, this update sounds extremely good. Selectable assists is exactly the kind of stuff I wished the game had when I bought it, as I felt the choice of characters was too limited by their assist.
I also like how ki charging has been buffed up a bit, as it was basically useless to charge ki against someone skilled.
This update may actually make me come back to play the game after so long. Hopefully S3 also has some great DLC characters besides Ultra Instinct Goku.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Beiga

Post by Beiga » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:25 pm

KEFLAAAAAAAAA - Feb. 28th?????

UI Goku "Spring 2020"

The finals of this tournament were amazing.

GO1 "I AM ZA STRONGEST MAN IN ZA WORRRRRRRLD!"

Hiroki: We have gathered all seven Dragon Balls, please call forth Shenron for us!

*cue season 3 announcement*

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:33 pm

There, was that so hard?
I literally woke up to catch the trailer, gotta go back and catch the actual finals. Not surprised G01 won, looking forward to rewatching some awesome matches.

No Tournament of Power stage? That's disappointing.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5rMnfqL5Os
Last edited by Kataphrut on Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:40 pm

lol at that fanservice outro for Kefla :lol:

Not that excited for this Goku though

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:50 pm

My favorite fusion in the franchise is coming to FighterZ! Can't wait to get my hands on her! 8) :clap: :) :mrgreen: :thumbup:

Caulifla best girl! :)

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:53 pm

Daaaaamn, Goku's intro is crazy and his dodging ability looks great. They even gave him that standing-stomping from when he achieved kanzen migatte no gokui. I wonder why shirtless Jiren is still just a mod, XV2 overlooked that "form" too.

If I got it right, they are giving us more dramatic finishes for the already in-game characters too.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:53 pm

5 characters for Season 3. Two of which are UI Goku and Kefla, as expected.
Honestly the other three could be anyone. Roshi is among the most requested and I really hope he will make it in, then I am expecting to see Majin Vegeta. The last one could be Piccolo Daimao, Raditz, Cabba, Frost or Toppo.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:53 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:50 pmCan't wait to get my hands on her! 8) :clap: :) :mrgreen: :thumbup:
Shall I call the police?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

ShaggyBlanco
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaggyBlanco » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:55 pm

They didn't want to generate much hype for UI huh? Like most other trailers show the character's Supers and a bit of the Ultimate at least
Also that Dramatic Finish looks a bit off without the TOP Stage but it has a cool shot of them slamming Jiren on Earth

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:02 pm

emperior wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:53 pm 5 characters for Season 3. Two of which are UI Goku and Kefla, as expected.
Honestly the other three could be anyone. Roshi is among the most requested and I really hope he will make it in, then I am expecting to see Majin Vegeta. The last one could be Piccolo Daimao, Raditz, Cabba, Frost or Toppo.
I think we'll be getting Toppo (and be done with ToP characters)
Dabura (even DBZK is having Demon Realm characters now, and while I don't care much, I think they are popular and Dabura might benefit from it)
Raditz (be done with saiyan arc)

I'd like Piccolo or Roshi over Dabura.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:04 pm

I normally don't follow fighting game tournaments but I hopped on just in time for dekillsage versus GO1. I pretty quickly got on the GO1 hype-train, though. He was going insane the entire time and I'm flabbergasted that he and his grand championship foe both got consecutive perfects.

Really glad to see Kefla is coming. I imagine I'm going to be playing as her constantly now. I have to wonder who the other three slots are, though. It would be nice if we got get Baby-Vegeta and Super Yi Xing Long. As unlikely as it might be a nice curve ball to throw us would be Hearts or Cumber. I'd also really like to see Tao Pai-Pai and General Blue added. Choices, choices...
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:06 pm

Lack of Tournament of Power stage is disappointing. Lack of new stages in general has been disappointing, between this, Janemba's Hell and Arctic last season, so many missed opportunities.

Characters still look good. They basically showed nothing of UI Goku, just some cool cinematic moves that could be anything in practice, plus a sweet intro. We'll probably get a more in-depth trailer closer to release. Five characters is interesting, maybe two heroes/villains (Kefla will probably go on the antagonist side) each and a "neutral" character to fill the space in the middle of the screen that used to be occupied by Beerus and 21?

Kefla reveal was where the hype was, they really went all out with her. She looks great, I saw fast normals, good utility (rapid fire horizontal ki blasts in the air, how many characters have that?), what looked like cool specials, and the supers were fabulous. I think anyone could have guessed lasers into Christmas Beam would be the level three, but they went wild on the animations. She looks extra cartoony compared to the rest of the characters in the game, which is no bad thing.

With the new multiple assists coming, hopefully she'll be able to fit on my team as a replacement anchor. I'd really like to be able to drop SS Goku.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:27 pm

I'd rather have Caulifla than Kefla.

Still no Raditz or alternate costumes for existing characters.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:28 pm

FighterZ Ultra Instinct is the best looking version of Ultra Instinct in any visual medium.

Oh, and Kefla looks like a ton of fun.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:34 pm

Lord Beerus wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:28 pm FighterZ Ultra Instinct is the best looking version of Ultra Instinct in any visual medium.
I dunno, he looks a bit weird if you ask me

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:43 pm

Kefla finally!
And congratulations to GO1! He revived from the ashes this season and he's currently the best player again.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Beiga

Post by Beiga » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:46 pm

All FighterZ models are wonky looking in stills. They're designed to be seen in motion with exaggerated proportions on the hands/feet to make the hits have more impact visually.

Also, costumes really can't be a thing in this game due to the nature of how the models work. Videl was the one exception and they probably won't do it again. Any time you see a new model, it's a pre-rendered thing, like Bulma, Goten/Trunks, base forms of the SS characters, etc. They're not in-game models so they don't require the same amount of attention a fully new costumed playable character would.

ToP stage being missing hurts. They gave us that weird interdimensional tournament stage why, exactly?

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:01 pm

Beiga wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:46 pm All FighterZ models are wonky looking in stills. They're designed to be seen in motion with exaggerated proportions on the hands/feet to make the hits have more impact visually.

Also, costumes really can't be a thing in this game due to the nature of how the models work. Videl was the one exception and they probably won't do it again. Any time you see a new model, it's a pre-rendered thing, like Bulma, Goten/Trunks, base forms of the SS characters, etc. They're not in-game models so they don't require the same amount of attention a fully new costumed playable character would.

ToP stage being missing hurts. They gave us that weird interdimensional tournament stage why, exactly?
TOP Stage missing was a huge let down also UI GOKU does look odd but probably because of the lighting I'm excited to try him out but for some reason Kefla look more enjoyable

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:05 pm

Yeah, they fooled us all with the ToP stage.

Still, fantastic trailer.