Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:43 pm

jjgp1112 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:21 pm I am just...SOOOOO sick of Bra. Can this just END already?! Jesus Christ, it's agonizing.
Honestly.

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:18 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:31 am
Brikikoz wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:24 pm
miguelnuva1 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:06 am

He was dead before he got the chance. They couldn't find them till after they recruited the saiyans.
Wrong. He had visual contact with Dabura and Babidi when they were on the cliffside watching Spopovichi and Namu die. He could have used the superior Kaioshin-Teleport, and killed everyone there.

So why didn't he?
You mean when his Boss told he not to make a move while he was also recovering from the Shock that Dabura had joined Babidi?

That still doesn't account for Vegito and Bra's situation.
Yes, it does. If you can rationalize and accept why one teleport spammer, Kibito, DOES NOT use his power, then you can accept why others do not as well, like Vegetto.

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:30 am

This Majin Bra arc is so incredibly tedious. Probably the least fun I've had reading DBM since I started following it, which was close to a decade ago. I'm beyond sick of Bra's schtick. I don't follow DBM because I expect a competent or engrossing story; I follow it because of the amazing artwork and (hopefully) unique character interactions. But this whole Majin Bra debacle has been painful to slog through. Despite her ludicrous strength, she doesn't even make for a compelling villain, since pre-Majin Bra was a pretty horrible and unlikable person in her own right.
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:55 am

Brikikoz wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:18 pm
Brikikoz wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:24 pm

Wrong. He had visual contact with Dabura and Babidi when they were on the cliffside watching Spopovichi and Namu die. He could have used the superior Kaioshin-Teleport, and killed everyone there.

So why didn't he?
You mean when his Boss told he not to make a move while he was also recovering from the Shock that Dabura had joined Babidi?

Yes, it does. If you can rationalize and accept why one teleport spammer, Kibito, DOES NOT use his power, then you can accept why others do not as well, like Vegetto.
Once again your comparing apples and oranges.

Kibito is shocked to see Dabura at all and was told not to make a move.

Vegito is trying to get back to the area that Bra is in.

Goku as a ssj3 can he felt in other world and Ssj2 Majin Bra who is a god to him can't be sensed by someone who is superior to the previous users.

Also thank you for reminding me that Vegito doesn't even need to sense Bra to get back to her. Vegito not popping back up is a plot hole.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:05 pm

Didn’t they move Vegito and most of the other fighters like our Goku to a place that couldn’t be escaped from?

I could be wrong but it’s been so long I forget.

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:20 am

I hope that Bra is killed for real and not brought back by the Dragon Balls by an unanimous decision.
She isn't arrogant due to her power. She is arrogant because she is a dick.
I am completely convinced that being taken over by Babidi did nothing to her psyche other than revealing it.
I hate her character and by this time I would rather see the tournament continue and her not being mentioned or seen ever again.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:03 pm

Even though the rules would originally said everyone gets revived at the end of the tournament, I don’t think that should be in effect anymore. Obviously innocents and good guys be revived, but villains like Bra should stay dead (if she is hopefully killed) and Universe 16 should have to deal with that.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:05 pm

I hate Bra as much as anyone, but she hasn't truly accepted evil, being a combination of a total bitch, insanely strong and mentally weak should not be what condemns her to not being resurrected. She wasn't of her own mind.

Of course I still want her killed. Somebody please put her down. But also still, not of her own mind when all this happened.

wolflonnie
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wolflonnie » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:18 pm

TheGodfather93 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:30 am This Majin Bra arc is so incredibly tedious. Probably the least fun I've had reading DBM since I started following it, which was close to a decade ago. I'm beyond sick of Bra's schtick. I don't follow DBM because I expect a competent or engrossing story; I follow it because of the amazing artwork and (hopefully) unique character interactions. But this whole Majin Bra debacle has been painful to slog through. Despite her ludicrous strength, she doesn't even make for a compelling villain, since pre-Majin Bra was a pretty horrible and unlikable person in her own right.
Pretty much what I think as well.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:43 pm

Isn't this Bra in one of Bardock's visions? If so, then she will stay alive after this arc.

OhHiRenan
Beyond Newbie

Post by OhHiRenan » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:48 pm

I don’t say this lightly, but this fucking sucks. I’m not a prude or anything, but DBM is needlessly & tastelessly gory, and it only serves to hurt the final product.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:54 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:05 pm I hate Bra as much as anyone, but she hasn't truly accepted evil, being a combination of a total bitch, insanely strong and mentally weak should not be what condemns her to not being resurrected. She wasn't of her own mind.

Of course I still want her killed. Somebody please put her down. But also still, not of her own mind when all this happened.
Like Godo said, I think she was. She’s just finally doing what she always wanted to do. If anything I bet, like Vegeta, she let herself get controlled. And she’s happy about it. But unlike Vegeta she’s not even attempting to resist, which to me says she’s fully in her right mind.

As for the vision thing, wasn’t that in the very beginning of the story? I’d honestly expect them to have dropped that by now. Wasn’t Vegito the one going berserk that time?

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:02 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:54 pm
FoolsGil wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:05 pm I hate Bra as much as anyone, but she hasn't truly accepted evil, being a combination of a total bitch, insanely strong and mentally weak should not be what condemns her to not being resurrected. She wasn't of her own mind.

Like Godo said, I think she was. She’s just finally doing what she always wanted to do. If anything I bet, like Vegeta, she let herself get controlled. And she’s happy about it. But unlike Vegeta she’s not even attempting to resist, which to me says she’s fully in her right mind.
Well it is possible. But I feel like this is a character development situation. I've said for a long time she has the makings of a villain. Now with Bra being controlled, her unconscious mind can only watch as her body says and does things only a villain would do, and once she's free, via her death and resurrection or Babidi's death she would change. She'll know what path she was going, and be scared straight to not become that person.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:10 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:02 pm

Well it is possible. But I feel like this is a character development situation. I've said for a long time she has the makings of a villain. Now with Bra being controlled, her unconscious mind can only watch as her body says and does things only a villain would do, and once she's free, via her death and resurrection or Babidi's death she would change. She'll know what path she was going, and be scared straight to not become that person.
That wouldn’t be a bad outcome but I think she deserves a more harsh punishment than that. Maybe having her power sealed away.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:31 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:10 pm

That wouldn’t be a bad outcome but I think she deserves a more harsh punishment than that. Maybe having her power sealed away.
You want to punish the victim? Until it is said Bra wanted this outcome would have to go on the assumption she was forcefully controlled

This stroy would be better if its Vegito learning his place for not being a better dad to Bra.

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:37 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:55 am
Brikikoz wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:18 pm

Once again your comparing apples and oranges.

Kibito is shocked to see Dabura at all and was told not to make a move.

Vegito is trying to get back to the area that Bra is in.

Goku as a ssj3 can he felt in other world and Ssj2 Majin Bra who is a god to him can't be sensed by someone who is superior to the previous users.

Also thank you for reminding me that Vegito doesn't even need to sense Bra to get back to her. Vegito not popping back up is a plot hole.
Nah, it's not a plot hole. You just want to rag on DBM while not acknowledging DBZ did the same exact things. Either there's a limit on the powers or there are no limits. If there's no limits, DBZ made the plot hole. If there's limits, like DBZ said, then there's no plot hole in DBM.

Kibito wasn't shocked. They were there for ~ 30 mins while Babidi talked with Spopovichi and Namu. Can't use that excuse. And why would Shin tell Kibito NOT to attack if teleport-spam is an instant kill? THAT'S where the teleport plot hole started.

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:04 pm

SSJgogeto wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:43 pm Isn't this Bra in one of Bardock's visions? If so, then she will stay alive after this arc.
You have good memory. Things are going to get weirder soon:

Note that Vegetto is holding up Gohan's corpse and you can't see the lower half. I suspect someone's going to figure out where Babidi is (maybe one of the lost combatants like Gast?) instead of Bra, snapping her out of it, but by then it'll be too late and Vegetto will be back and angry.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:06 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:31 pm
Dbzfan94 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:10 pm

You want to punish the victim? Until it is said Bra wanted this outcome would have to go on the assumption she was forcefully controlled

This stroy would be better if its Vegito learning his place for not being a better dad to Bra.
Don’t give me that. That “victim” has been a brat and a horrible person her whole life and now killed people. Including her own brother. She’s not some innocent sweet girl in this. Like I said, I don’t buy her being controlled. Babidi’s Magic doesn’t just make people evil. It just brought out Bras deepest desires.

Vegito needs to learn his place too. But Bra shouldn’t get off scot free (which I know she will going by previous stuff about her but still)

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:16 pm

Really? She showed many times already she is under Babidi control
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Marco Polo
I Live Here