"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Yasai9001
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Yasai9001 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:22 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:24 am What boggles me is leaving Roshi out of the fight(unless they are saving him for later). Didn't he dodge fucking Jiren?
Well, yes, but Roshi dodging Jiren's attacks doesn't correlate with his strength. As Whis said, Roshi was just using pretty much a watered down version of Ultra Instinct by trying to let his body act on his own all the while Jiren was undoubtedly holding back a great amount of strength.

I believe Roshi would be able to take care of some of the enemies Gohan and the others are facing because Roshi has a handful of techniques he can use to win. But he'll probably hypnotize the girls and use them for a while before taking them in or something, idk.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:25 pm

Liquir wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:38 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:24 am What boggles me is leaving Roshi out of the fight(unless they are saving him for later). Didn't he dodge fucking Jiren?
That is mentioned in the draft.
What a man xD.
I'm always happy to see Z warriors fighting. I hope to see vegeta's new power soon as well.

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:33 pm

I hope the girls will kick Roshi's ass. He has had enough cool moments in the ToP (both in the anime and in the manga). There's no need to give him any more. Make these villains somewhat threatening please. I don't want them to be Roshi tier fodders. Have them be on Krillin's level at least, that's all i'm asking.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:38 pm

That is mentioned in the draft.
Nice. I am glad Toyotaro referenced that moment again. Having it being just a one-off thing to never be mentioned again would have been quite weird. Also Super rarely mentions events which happened in prior arcs, so this kind of stuff makes it feel more cohesive.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:45 pm

Nice to see Kuririn getting more action. I also love the explanation of the Muten Roushi being too horny to move properly. You try moving around with a clear head with a boner! >_<
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:22 pm

A correction:
I summarized these on my Twitter yesterday, but this is also contained in the other drafts:
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:29 am

DestructoDisc wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:33 pm I hope the girls will kick Roshi's ass. He has had enough cool moments in the ToP (both in the anime and in the manga). There's no need to give him any more. Make these villains somewhat threatening please. I don't want them to be Roshi tier fodders. Have them be on Krillin's level at least, that's all i'm asking.
really ... they have not handled the whole issue of the Moro's army well ... on the one hand they fight against goku and vegeta "inecessary" ... and when they should show superior to humans they are weak :crazy:

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:40 am

I am very happy about the decision to show us 14 pages of rough boards every month. I can already imagine this being very hyped once the arc enters it climax!

Also it’s so nice to see the afterimage technique being used in the manga again. It’s always been one of my favorite techniques, despite it being very basic.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:08 am

emperior wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:40 am I am very happy about the decision to show us 14 pages of rough boards every month. I can already imagine this being very hyped once the arc enters it climax!
I keep seeing this impression being thrown around. I have not seen an actual statement or claim for this.

Also, it was definitely not Toyotarou who said that in his previous tweet. At the very least, that was not what I gathered from what he said.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:13 am

Rakurai wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:08 am
emperior wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:40 am I am very happy about the decision to show us 14 pages of rough boards every month. I can already imagine this being very hyped once the arc enters it climax!
I keep seeing this impression being thrown around. I have not seen an actual statement or claim for this.

Also, it was definitely not Toyotarou who said that in his previous tweet. At the very least, that was not what I gathered from what he said.
Oh, is that a wrong translation? Twitter translated it to me as “This is beginning from this moment” which I thought means that every month they will do the same stuff. Although I have seen no proper translation for this, and I trust your judgement considering you actually know Japanese.

If this is a one-time only thing, then I wonder if the #56 wasn’t an error considering they haven’t acknowledged it. Maybe these pages will be released as extras in the next VJump issue?
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

caire
Not-So-Newbie

Post by caire » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:56 am

Rakurai wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:08 am
I apologise if I gave that impression in my previous post. Although I know some Japanese, I'm not fully competent at it and I should have made that clear.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:36 pm

emperior wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:13 am Oh, is that a wrong translation? Twitter translated it to me as “This is beginning from this moment” which I thought means that every month they will do the same stuff. Although I have seen no proper translation for this, and I trust your judgement considering you actually know Japanese.

If this is a one-time only thing, then I wonder if the #56 wasn’t an error considering they haven’t acknowledged it. Maybe these pages will be released as extras in the next VJump issue?
https://twitter.com/TOYOTARO_Vjump/stat ... 3482458113

I think the part that Twitter translates as you said comes from 「今回から」which literally is "from this time" could possibly be interpreted as "from this point on forward" but when you put it all together I think it makes more sense when it's "This is how it began in this [particular] chapter." I am inferring my interpretation based on context & what the DB page says, altho to backtrack that's not to say it's absolutely correct - I could probably be wrong as well.

I do strongly believe that Ch. 56 labeling was an error tho. It just doesn't make sense with what the DB page says or Toyotarou was tweeting.
caire wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:56 am
I apologise if I gave that impression in my previous post. Although I know some Japanese, I'm not fully competent at it and I should have made that clear.
No worries, was just confused as to where this was coming from. Better to temper fandom's high expectations before the riot breaks out :lol:

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:26 am

Finally Krillin did something useful. He deserves it after what happened in the ToP.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:13 am

Some leaks are out

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:43 am

Seems like the fight with Moro will start next month! I am glad, I was very worried about Toyotaro extending the fights with the grunts for two months but they are seemingly over now.

As suspected, the rough boards they showed us a few days ago are part of the chapter therefore the #56 numbering was a mistake.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

Omgzord
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Omgzord » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:20 am

Gt91 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:13 am Some leaks are out

Yasai9001
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yasai9001 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:55 pm

Gohan stepping up to Moro and fighting him is what exactly should have happened whenever Freeza was resurrected. Gohan should have went all in, showed out a bit, and then get embarrassed. I'm not saying I want Moro to embarrass Gohan, but come on, we all know Gohan is just a help for Goku and/or Vegeta to come in at the last moment.

Also, 17 is starting to rub off on me now. The way he fights and his attitude is just great. He's starting to really become into his own. Hope we see his family one day.

So far, this chapter seems promising as far as action goes.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:34 am

Goku arrives on earth already... Before Vegeta! This should be interesting. But so soon already! Wasn’t expecting this. But since i’m so entitled, i’m gonna complain that i didn’t see him activate UI in the latest leaked images yet. Lol

caire
Not-So-Newbie

Post by caire » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:07 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:34 am Goku arrives on earth already... Before Vegeta! This should be interesting. But so soon already! Wasn’t expecting this. But since i’m so entitled, i’m gonna complain that i didn’t see him activate UI in the latest leaked images yet. Lol
It's difficult to be patient with so long between chapters :lol: But, I'm glad they're not tempted to throw everything in at once, and really take their time with this arc and what goes on.
I love Goku and I hope there's at least one or two chapters dedicated to his fight with Moro, especially as he hasn't actually had a proper "go" against him yet. But ultimately, I was very happy to see him turn up first, as we know how the dragon ball formula usually works... :lol: I'm really rooting for Vegeta to win this one, but I do hope Goku has a brilliant fight.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:03 am

caire wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:07 am
GodVegetto91 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:34 am Goku arrives on earth already... Before Vegeta! This should be interesting. But so soon already! Wasn’t expecting this. But since i’m so entitled, i’m gonna complain that i didn’t see him activate UI in the latest leaked images yet. Lol
It's difficult to be patient with so long between chapters :lol: But, I'm glad they're not tempted to throw everything in at once, and really take their time with this arc and what goes on.
I love Goku and I hope there's at least one or two chapters dedicated to his fight with Moro, especially as he hasn't actually had a proper "go" against him yet. But ultimately, I was very happy to see him turn up first, as we know how the dragon ball formula usually works... :lol: I'm really rooting for Vegeta to win this one, but I do hope Goku has a brilliant fight.
I agree with all these points.