Dragon Ball Super Episode of Zeno: Skipping the Future Trunks Arc

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hobby Bill
Not-So-Newbie

Dragon Ball Super Episode of Zeno: Skipping the Future Trunks Arc

Post by Hobby Bill » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:03 am

So I really dislike the future trunks arc both as a standalone arc and a midquel between the Uni 6 arc and the TOP. So I decided to take it upon myself to make a fan edit where I combine the plot necessary bits from the FT arc (2 Zenos) with the best aspects of the post FT episodes (like Gohan vs Goku and Kuririn vs Goku).

This episode acts as a replacement to the Future Trunks arc and smoothly ties into the Tournament of Power Arc.

I won't directly share the episode but you can find it if you rummage through here: [Removed for now, PM for link]

The episode is in Beta and it suffers from one nitpick that I'll save for later just to gauge whether or not it's THAT noticeable. I would like to get people's thoughts on this experiment and see if anyone else shares my views on the FT arc.

Timeline of Edits:
Last edited by Hobby Bill on Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:16 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Skar
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super Episode of Zeno: Skipping the Future Trunks Arc

Post by Skar » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:50 pm

I guess there being two Zenos is really the only thing preventing the Future Trunks saga from being a self-contained filler saga. I watched your video but I didn't understand what timeline Goku brought the other Zeno from since the events with Zamasu didn't happen. Did that Zeno destroy Trunks' timeline or was that supposed to be a new unseen timeline?

Hobby Bill
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Hobby Bill » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:11 am

That's a very good criticism. Unfortunately, I don't think I can address it. I thought of it more like foreshadowing as to what Zeno announces in the TOP about destroying the universe that loses. Essentially implying the uni 7 won't win. I'll see what I can do about it though, thanks for watching.

Hobby Bill
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Hobby Bill » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:52 am

I just wrote all the edits I made in this project in a timeline format then when I hit preview it asked me to sign in, weird but okay. I sign in then the next thing I know is that the last two hours of review and note taking went away :clap: :lol:

So screw that for now. This new version is better than the old one.

No direct link but if you search through this drive link you may find it:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OVdcC ... c4MurdBPVk

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:16 am

An episode filled with slice of life moments and mostly with the interesting parts of the saga. Certainly way more fun than watching the entirety of Dragon Ball Super. Loved it! Great job! :thumbup:
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:30 am

Nice job! This might actually make more sense in a way. Goku travels to the far distant future and finds out Zeno wipes out everything out of boredom or for some unknown reason. Bringing that Zeno to the past keeps Present Zeno occupied and prevents that future from happening. This is easiest fix to skip the Goku Black saga since editing out the second Zeno would be too much work.

Hobby Bill
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Hobby Bill » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:01 am

Grimlock wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:16 am An episode filled with slice of life moments and mostly with the interesting parts of the saga. Certainly way more fun than watching the entirety of Dragon Ball Super. Loved it! Great job! :thumbup:
Thank you very much, glad you liked it. I feel the same way. There are loads of great moments in Super, but the plot focuses on some crappily executed ideas.
Skar wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:30 am Nice job! This might actually make more sense in a way. Goku travels to the far distant future and finds out Zeno wipes out everything out of boredom or for some unknown reason. Bringing that Zeno to the past keeps Present Zeno occupied and prevents that future from happening. This is easiest fix to skip the Goku Black saga since editing out the second Zeno would be too much work.
Well I'll be damned. I was hoping people would understand it, for the most part, the way you did. Guess the overall execution is not bad.

I had mentioned a few flaws in the notes that got deleted so here goes a few:
Also, if someone with better video editing skills would like to take this concept and try it out themselves, be my guest. I'll write up the timeline of edits later.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:40 am

Hobby Bill wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:01 amWell I'll be damned. I was hoping people would understand it, for the most part, the way you did. Guess the overall execution is not bad.
Yeah the execution was good and more clear than the previous version from what I remember. You included Beerus' line about Zeno potentially wiping out their reality which I think is enough to foreshadow he could do it in the distant future.

I didn't notice the audio and video flaws although I don't have the eye (or ear) for these things. Goku's battle damage could be explained that it was a bumpy ride to that far off into the future I guess. For the last point, did you want to give the edit a different title? How about the Goku Blackout Edition...since he's being left in the dark... :P

Hobby Bill
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Hobby Bill » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:33 pm

Okay finally done with notes. I'll add this to the OP.

Timeline of Edits:

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:37 am

Is this dub-only, or dub and sub?
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

Hobby Bill
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Hobby Bill » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:47 am

Robo4900 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:37 am Is this dub-only, or dub and sub?
Dub only. Editing around the music is tough as it is. My future goals involve utilizing the musicless tracks for better edits, so sub is beyond the scope of the project.

However, the current state of the video can exist in sub form, it's just not ideal.