Dragon Ball Recut [COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Kai Recut [COMPLETE]

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Recut [COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Kai Recut [WIP, Saiyan to Cell COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Z Recut [WIP]

Post by Forte224 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:24 am

IAmTheMilkMan wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:38 am
Forte224 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:27 pm I'm curious about something. I noticed a mild difference in my DB Dragon Box footage and the Dragon Box footage you used for Recut. There's this kind of ugly line on the left side of the screen in my release. I assume you cropped that out? Or is something up with my discs? Because it is in a lot of my episodes and is not in any of yours despite using the Dragon Box. If that is the case then I'm happy with the decision, but I'm just curious.
Yep, I cropped it out. For the first episode or two that it appeared, I actually tried to keep it by adjusting the color as best I could to match the rest of the image, but the results weren't as good as I'd hoped, so I just cropped it out after that.
Ah I see. Well, I'm glad it's nothing wrong with my discs, though I'm not sure how an issue like that could happen with a disc anyway, I'm just paranoid sometimes, haha. I'm glad you got rid of it because for me it's very distracting.

MistaL
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Recut [COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Kai Recut [WIP, Saiyan to Cell COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Z Recut [WIP]

Post by MistaL » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:39 am

Forte224 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:24 am
IAmTheMilkMan wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:38 am
Forte224 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:27 pm I'm curious about something. I noticed a mild difference in my DB Dragon Box footage and the Dragon Box footage you used for Recut. There's this kind of ugly line on the left side of the screen in my release. I assume you cropped that out? Or is something up with my discs? Because it is in a lot of my episodes and is not in any of yours despite using the Dragon Box. If that is the case then I'm happy with the decision, but I'm just curious.
Yep, I cropped it out. For the first episode or two that it appeared, I actually tried to keep it by adjusting the color as best I could to match the rest of the image, but the results weren't as good as I'd hoped, so I just cropped it out after that.
Ah I see. Well, I'm glad it's nothing wrong with my discs, though I'm not sure how an issue like that could happen with a disc anyway, I'm just paranoid sometimes, haha. I'm glad you got rid of it because for me it's very distracting.
The DVDs were mastered for use on 4:3 CRT TVs, and the line would've been outside of the deadzone so it wouldn't have been visible back then. They likely figured there was no point in correcting something they didn't expect anyone to ever see anyway.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:25 am

Giving this a little bump because I just finished the Cell saga and it was great, and also because this is the best version of the show (which only seems to get better) and therefore the most important thread on the entire forum.

Anyhoo, my question(s) is about the footage being used. You mentioned before that you were planning on using color-corrected Dragon Box footage for the Kai Buu arc (thank god), are you planning on doing the same for Z? If so, do you have a specific source in mind for where you're taking it from? Finally in addition, do you plan on doing anything like that with DB? Obviously it's lower-priority than the rest since that edit already exists.

MistaL
Beyond Newbie

Post by MistaL » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:51 am

Shaddy wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:25 am Giving this a little bump because I just finished the Cell saga and it was great, and also because this is the best version of the show (which only seems to get better) and therefore the most important thread on the entire forum.

Anyhoo, my question(s) is about the footage being used. You mentioned before that you were planning on using color-corrected Dragon Box footage for the Kai Buu arc (thank god), are you planning on doing the same for Z? If so, do you have a specific source in mind for where you're taking it from? Finally in addition, do you plan on doing anything like that with DB? Obviously it's lower-priority than the rest since that edit already exists.
IAmTheMilkMan wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 12:19 am As for Z Recut, I'm still waiting on a couple of key elements that I would like to have before I really begin work on it (I want to do this thing right). Not only that, but I'll likely finish up Kai before really diving into it. However, after having gone through Kai, I'll be pretty familiar with what needs to be done so, hopefully, it will be a relatively simple process. I'll be using Dragon Box footage initially, but will probably create an HD version as well using Kai/Level set footage.
IAmTheMilkMan wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:11 pm Hopefully those blu-rays coming out in Spain this year are proper HD remasters and not upscales; I'd love to put out Dragon Ball Recut in HD.

AustNerevar

Post by AustNerevar » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:20 pm

IAmTheMilkMan wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:59 am I was, however, able to remove all of the Bulma/Ginyu body-switch stuff. Not only was I able to remove it, but it was incredibly easy to do so, making it that much more frustrating that Toei decided to leave it in.
It was probably left in as certain scenes in Super wouldn't make sense without it.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:51 pm

AustNerevar wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:20 pm
IAmTheMilkMan wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:59 am I was, however, able to remove all of the Bulma/Ginyu body-switch stuff. Not only was I able to remove it, but it was incredibly easy to do so, making it that much more frustrating that Toei decided to leave it in.
It was probably left in as certain scenes in Super wouldn't make sense without it.
What? Bruh, Kai was made before Super was even a thought in Toriyama's mind. Those scenes still make sense without Ginyu body changing with Bulma after he becomes the frog anyways because the series is a sequel to the Manga's version of events, not the anime's. It just uses Z/Kai's animation of canon scenes from the manga in flashbacks as visual representation of the events.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

TheAldella
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheAldella » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:55 am

One possibility for the "Vegeta, what were you thinking?! Look, it's not like we can just wish Trunks back to life with the Dragon Balls!" mistake is that it was written with sarcasm in mind and the voice director didn't realize it?
Favorite anime -
Mob Psycho 100
Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite movies -
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Zack Snyder's Justice League
HybridSaiyan wrote:Super better nail the fusion right. I don't want to see some gay twirling shit like the Zamasu fusion when they should just smack dicks together and merge.

Lance99

Post by Lance99 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:44 pm

Hi there, Milkman!

I just recently came across your Dragon Ball Kai Recut work, and have been enjoying it really well so far--thanks for all your hard work on it! I'm up to episode 28 with Gohan, Vegeta, and Krillin taking on Recoome, and I noticed that the opening recap--which is by the Narrator in the Japanese version--was missing on the English audio track; it's audio of Gohan and Krillin talking about beating Guldo. Though going back to the original episode's audio, it looks as though that was FUNi's doing and not yours? Curious why they decided to do that, lol.

Anyway, looking forward to watching the rest and your work on Buu!Kai!

corre

Post by corre » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:36 pm

Hi Milkman!
Any news on DBZ recut?

KingKongBundy

Post by KingKongBundy » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:53 am

Yo, how far is the Buu arc of Z Kai my friend??

eternalsage

Post by eternalsage » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:52 pm

I just wanted to let you know that your edit of DB brought me back to loving Dragon Ball after years of basically hating the series. While I loved it as a kid in the 90s, I basically forswore anything after Saiyan Saga for being a huge waste of time with very little enjoyment. Basically a bunch of VAs grunting for 30 mins. But after watching DBZ abridged I kind of wanted to try it all again. I found Kai, and looked for something similar for DB and found you. Thank you for all of your hard work, both of your recut series are amazing, and have reinvigorated my enjoyment of what was once my favorite shonen anime. I can't wait for the Buu saga (although I found a similar project called MangaBuu that suffices for now, although I'm sure I will like your version more). Keep up the great work!
A giant darkspawn hamster with aspirations of god-hood.

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:17 am

Please don’t tell me this project is dead. I’m really looking forward to DBZ Recut, even though the Kai Recut isn’t done yet.

Bananaman

Post by Bananaman » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:32 pm

Hello there IAmTheMilkMan, i just made an account to comment here, i wanted to say that i downloaded both Dragon Ball Recut and Dragon Ball Kai Recut till end of Cell saga. I can't thank you enough although i would prefer Z recut over Kai because in Kai there are a lot of important scenes missing from the manga viewtopic.php?t=31183 viewtopic.php?t=30547
The best would be to recut Z and use dual audio but with Kai script instead of Z for the English dub. I know you were planning to do it but do not hurry let it be as "perfect" as it can possibly be, since i found something of Z recut but it wasn't that good [LINK TO PIRACY REMOVED BY MODERATOR] although you can use it to help you with the cutting.
I hope to hear an update from milkman soon! It's been a long time without an update, hopefully the project is making progress.

MistaL
Beyond Newbie

Post by MistaL » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:30 pm

Forte224 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:17 am Please don’t tell me this project is dead. I’m really looking forward to DBZ Recut, even though the Kai Recut isn’t done yet.
My guy, we went well over a year without updates before we got the first bit of Kai Recut. Just be patient, these things take time.

LaGrande~Waz

Post by LaGrande~Waz » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:01 pm

Greetings, I hope your day is faring well; am I permitted to request the streaming-links within this forum, or is such relegated only into private-messages--despite it's perpetual "outgoing"?

~Waz

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:08 am

LaGrande~Waz wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:01 pm Greetings, I hope your day is faring well; am I permitted to request the streaming-links within this forum, or is such relegated only into private-messages--despite it's perpetual "outgoing"?

~Waz
That is not allowed here. There is no sharing if illegal links and material on the Kanzenshuu Forums. Sharing material, if necessary, should be left to the Private Messages.

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:44 am

Besides, I don't think anyone's uploaded DB Recut to streaming sites anyway.

MistaL
Beyond Newbie

Post by MistaL » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:43 pm

LaGrande~Waz wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:01 pm Greetings, I hope your day is faring well; am I permitted to request the streaming-links within this forum, or is such relegated only into private-messages--despite it's perpetual "outgoing"?

~Waz
Why do you have to talk like a supreme gentleman?

pyump

Post by pyump » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:51 am

Dragon Ball Kai Recut has me interested, anyone have a link they can PM me?

HellDroid

Post by HellDroid » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:53 pm

First off, thank you SO MUCH for original dragon ball recut, it was honestly a dream coming true, and such a fantastic editing job!

Second off, can someone please help a dragon fan here and PM me the links for Dragon Ball Kai recut? I'd love to watch it as well.

Thanks, guys!