Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by Mad Swami » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:55 am

Kaboom wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:41 am
Mad Swami wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:39 amYou said Buuhan is just adding Gohan and Pure Buu but what about Goten, Trunks, and Piccolo? If I am misunderstanding then my apologies
Their power is so small and inconsequential compared to Ultimate Gohan's that I usually just don't even bother factoring them in. If Gohan is at 150, then the combined power of Piccolo, base Trunks, and base Goten wouldn't even be a 2.
Oh ok I understand

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:10 am

Hmm...

Made without factoring in Kaiou-ken Blue (because Kaiou-ken sucks):

Mecha Freeza: 160 million
Cell (First Form, Second Form, Complete, Super Complete): 220 million, 250, million, 280 million, 300 million
Son Gokuu (Super Saiyan): 275 million
Son Gohan (Super Saiyan 2): 325 million

Son Gokuu (Super Saiyan 3): 375 million
Son Gohan (Ultimate): 425 million
Vegeta (Super Saiyan 2): 335 million
Majin Buu (Pure): 370 million

Son Gokuu (Super Saiyan God): 500 million
Beers (Power Restrained): 505 million
Whis: ???

Son Gokuu (Super Saiyan Blue): 650 million
Vegeta (Super Saiyan Blue): 650 million
Freeza (Golden): 655 million

Hit: 660 million

Son Gokuu (Super Saiyan Blue): 660 million
Vegeta (Super Saiyan Blue): 660 million
Gokuu Black: 666 million
Trunks (Future; Super Saiyan Ikari): 655 million
Zamasu (Merged): 1.3 trillion
Vegetto (Super Saiyan Blue): 1.32 billion (merely added Gokuu and Vegeta's battle powers. PS Vegetto and Gogeta suck)

Jiren: 2.15 billion (Jiren's cloudy mind made his battle with Son Gokuu rougher than it should have been)
Son Gokuu (Migatte no Goku'i): 2 billion
Son Gokuu (Migatte no Goku'i: Omen): 1.4 billion
Kefla (Super Saiyan 2): 1.34 billion
Kale (Super Saiyan 2): 675 million
Son Gokuu (Super Saiyan Blue): 668 million
Vegeta (Super Saiyan Blue): 668 million
Freeza (Golden): 668 million
Ribrianne: 668 million
Toppo: 668 million
Dispo: 668 million
Caulifla (Super Saiyan 2): 665 million

Broli (Full-Power Super Saiyan): 2.25 trillion
Gogeta (Super Saiyan Blue): Much higher than Broli

Bah, battle powers are just too fucking inflated. I should just ignore post any battle power in guide books.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:20 am

JulieYBM wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:10 am Bah, battle powers are just too fucking inflated. I should just ignore post any battle power in guide books.
I think your list was mostly okay until you got to Caulifla. She is almost as strong as SSGSS! And that much of a difference between Jiren and Broli.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:36 am

Hugo Boss wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:20 am
JulieYBM wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:10 am Bah, battle powers are just too fucking inflated. I should just ignore post any battle power in guide books.
I think your list was mostly okay until you got to Caulifla. She is almost as strong as SSGSS! And that much of a difference between Jiren and Broli.
I operated under the assumption that ten million is a decent difference for a thrashing if not effortless kill ala Vegeta versus Kewi. Caulifla was tough because I don't remember her being on Gokuu Blue's level like Kale was. I also had to add the two girls to make Caulifla, too, which meant number inflation.

I might try to do a list ignoring every battle power outside of Vegeta's 30,000 against ReaCm and go from there.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:19 am

JulieYBM wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:36 am I operated under the assumption that ten million is a decent difference for a thrashing if not effortless kill ala Vegeta versus Kewi.
Hm I think you intended that Broli has 2.25 billion instead of 2.25 trillions, no? Zamas is also on the trillions.

Maybe you could have something like this:
SS2 Caulifla - 475 million
SS2 Kafla - 1.15 billion

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:33 am

Hugo Boss wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:19 am
JulieYBM wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:36 am I operated under the assumption that ten million is a decent difference for a thrashing if not effortless kill ala Vegeta versus Kewi.
Hm I think you intended that Broli has 2.25 billion instead of 2.25 trillions, no? Zamas is also on the trillions.

Maybe you could have something like this:
SS2 Caulifla - 475 million
SS2 Kafla - 1.15 billion
Yeah, those are errors on my part. They be billion, not trillion. >_<
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:44 am

JulieYBM wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:10 am Hmm...

Cell (First Form, Second Form, Complete, Super Complete): 220 million, 250, million, 280 million, 300 million

Vegetto (Super Saiyan Blue): 1.32 billion (merely added Gokuu and Vegeta's battle powers. PS Vegetto and Gogeta suck)

Jiren: 2.15 billion (Jiren's cloudy mind made his battle with Son Gokuu rougher than it should have been)

Bah, battle powers are just too fucking inflated. I should just ignore post any battle power in guide books.
I'm hoping so hard that you are Just trolling honestly, because all of this Is Just so wrong that i don't even know were to start debunking it

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:16 pm

p-hyvo wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:44 am

I'm hoping so hard that you are Just trolling honestly, because all of this Is Just so wrong that i don't even know were to start debunking it
I ignored the Super Saiyan form and Kaiou-ken multipliers because they're stupid. Sorry you feel so insulted.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:32 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:16 pm

I ignored the Super Saiyan form and Kaiou-ken multipliers because they're stupid. Sorry you feel so insulted.
No his point was they are extreme low balls. Coming from someone who does low ball comparatively to others as I place Buu saga base Goku from like 22M-45M, these are real low. How are the multipliers stupid?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:50 pm

Mad Swami wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:32 pm
No his point was they are extreme low balls. Coming from someone who does low ball comparatively to others as I place Buu saga base Goku from like 22M-45M, these are real low. How are the multipliers stupid?
The multipliers send characters into being stupidly, massively stronger. We saw that a 6,000 point difference was enough for Vegeta to wipe out Kewi without breaking a sweat, I don't think we need to see people suddenly becoming 50, 100, and 400 times stronger, especially when not every form has a multiplier nor did Toriyama intend for there to be set guidelines.

Something I'm currently working on:

This list is made ignoring all battle powers and multipliers after Vegeta is revealed to be 30,000 during his battle with Recoom.

The Gi’nyuu Tokusentai Arrive:
•Kuririn (10,000): An official number. Personally, I think it’s too small.
•Son Gohan (10,000): An official number. Personally, I think it’s too small.
•Gurd (10,000): Gurd seemed to be about on the same level as Gohan and Kuririn. His abilities simply gay him an edge.
•Vegeta (30,000): An officially battle power. When Vegeta fought Kewi, Dodoria and Zarbon his battle power was 24,000 so it’s interesting to see how much strong he was able to become with a battle power of 30,000.
•Recoom (36,000): I chose this number to put a nice distance between Recoom and Vegeta.
•Batta (36,000): Batta and Jheese both appear to be on the same level as Recoom going by their general camaraderie.
•Jheese (36,000): Jheese and Batta both appear to be on the same level as Recoom going by their general camaraderie.
•Commander Gi’nyuu (60,000): Gi’nyuu’s battle power being 60,000 still puts him massively heads and shoulders over his men but also doesn’t inflate battle powers too much, in my opinion.
•Son Gokuu (45,000; Kaiou-ken: 90,000): Again, another battle power that would make Commander Gi’nyuu sweat without being too large. Also, a 9,000 point difference is enough to defeat Recoom without the Kaiou-ken!

The Battle with Freeza:
•Kuririn (50,000): Fuck it; let’s pretend the Grand Elder’s power kept drawing out Kuririn’s battle power over time.
•Son Gohan (52,000): Gohan seems to be a little stronger than Kuririn but that difference is negated by a lack of experience.
•Vegeta (120,000): Enough to not be completely obliterated by Second Form Freeza but not enough to make a big difference.
•Piccolo (124,500): About on-part with Second Form Freeza. Perhaps Piccolo is not quite strong enough to defeat him alone, though.
•Freeza (First Form: 100,000): A nice, round number that isn’t randomly broken away from the rest of the fighters’ power.
•Freeza (Second Form: 125,000): A substantial boost that don’t set him too far away from the battle powers up until now.
•Freeza (Third Form: ):
•Freeza (Fourth Form: ):
•Son Gokuu (135,000; Kaiou-ken x20: ):
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:46 pm

Mad Swami wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:32 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:16 pm

No, my point Was that all of that Is Just wrong and stupid really. I goat out state what i think, don't try to edulcorate It by overreading with things i did'nt mean or tell Bro.
Nothing against you obviously

Dragon ball Is not based on addibg things but on moltolications, for a thing like the difference between kyui and vegeta you don't have to think It as a sum (18+6=24), but as a moltiplication. 18 X1,33= 24, so that Is at least the difference to oneshot someone. Thinking with sums in dragon ball Is stupid, everything official ever stated made us think that It Is more a moltiplication case instead of a sum One.
Plus, even wanting ti disreguard the ufficial multipliers, thing that i once used to do, you still have to respect what the manga said, thing that the guy over here does'nt even do. I can understand not Being ok with the guides, but disrespecting what toriyama said in the manga at that point.. Bro, it's Just stupid and nonsensical. You can't make stuff up Just because you don't like how It works disreguarding the Logic of the series itself

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:05 pm

The entire situation is stupid and I can see why Toriyama just plain gave up on using battle powers or caring about them. Like, who really cares at that point? At least with Yuu Yuu Hakusho the letter-grades applied after the fact could have a little more weight and be more abstract.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:39 pm

So obvliosly, when you are in a corner and realize that you can't reply in an intelligent way but at the same time you don't wanna throw your idea in the trash bin, you digress into something more general and that really means nothing for the discussion, just to remain loyal to your BS headcanon and to not admit that I'm right. So Classic, i've seen lots like this. Classic made up excuse to end the discussion trying to not ruin your reputation more, when It Is already ruined. It's like trying to not break more something that is already shattered at that point.
That's the nail in a coffin with you inside in throwing in the River now.

Aand i legit think i've never been so cruel with someone online in my Life. Yay, i don't even know why i reacted like this ti you. I'm genuinely surprised of myself

gasazi

Post by gasazi » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:50 pm

you can’t disregard official power levels if you’re tying to make a power level list. they’re the guideline that you should be using, not your headcanon

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:26 pm

gasazi wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:50 pm you can’t disregard official power levels if you’re tying to make a power level list. they’re the guideline that you should be using, not your headcanon
I disregarded four battle powers stated in the comic and cartoon and built a list off of many more that came before those four. I see absolutely no issue.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:53 pm

Remember this is the “unofficial power level discussion” thread. There isn’t such a rule in this thread that every list has to strictly follow numbers given in guidebooks or directly by Toriyama. It’s not a disrespect of the original work, just an attempt of trying to make a little sense of it, despite it being mostly a futile effort.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:35 am

Hugo Boss wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:53 pm Remember this is the “unofficial power level discussion” thread. There isn’t such a rule in this thread that every list has to strictly follow numbers given in guidebooks or directly by Toriyama. It’s not a disrespect of the original work, just an attempt of trying to make a little sense of it, despite it being mostly a futile effort.
Yyyyyyyep.

There's a reason I put this thread in the "Fan-Created Works" section, you know. Because there needs to be an understanding that crafting power level lists is an art, not a science. Attempting to make the "most correct" list is largely pointless and foolhardy. The official numbers actually given for the series are one thing, but when you're simply making up your own anyway then the sky's the limit.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:38 am

H*ck, all I did was ignore four numbers to create numbers a little closer to the numbers before them. Even then, I'm not too happy with the results and will maybe just abandon it all together.

Dragon Ball Battle Powers
Fan Estimations by JulieYBM

This list is made ignoring all battle powers and multipliers after Vegeta is revealed to be 30,000 during his battle with Recoom.

The Gi’nyuu Tokusentai Arrive:
•Kuririn (10,000): An official number. Personally, I think it’s too small.
•Son Gohan (10,000): An official number. Personally, I think it’s too small.
•Gurd (10,000): Gurd seemed to be about on the same level as Gohan and Kuririn. His abilities simply gave him an edge.
•Vegeta (30,000): An officially battle power. When Vegeta fought Kewi, Dodoria and Zarbon his battle power was 24,000 so it’s interesting to see how much strong he was able to become with a battle power of 30,000.
•Recoom (36,000): I chose this number to put a nice distance between Recoom and Vegeta.
•Batta (36,000): Batta and Jheese both appear to be on the same level as Recoom going by their general camaraderie.
•Jheese (36,000): Jheese and Batta both appear to be on the same level as Recoom going by their general camaraderie.
•Commander Gi’nyuu (60,000): Gi’nyuu’s battle power being 60,000 still puts him massively heads and shoulders over his men but also doesn’t inflate battle powers too much, in my opinion.
•Son Gokuu (45,000; Kaiou-ken: 90,000): Again, another battle power that would make Commander Gi’nyuu sweat without being too large. Also, a 9,000 point difference is enough to defeat Recoom without the Kaiou-ken!

The Battle with Freeza:
•Kuririn (50,000): Fuck it; let’s pretend the Grand Elder’s power kept drawing out Kuririn’s battle power over time.
•Son Gohan (52,000): Gohan seems to be a little stronger than Kuririn but that difference is negated by a lack of experience.
•Vegeta (120,000): Enough to not be completely obliterated by Second Form Freeza but not enough to make a big difference.
•Piccolo (124,500): About on-part with Second Form Freeza. Perhaps Piccolo is not quite strong enough to defeat him alone, though.
•Freeza (First Form: 100,000): A nice, round number that isn’t randomly broken away from the rest of the fighters’ power.
•Freeza (Second Form: 125,000): A substantial boost that don’t set him too far away from the battle powers up until now.
•Freeza (Third Form: 135,000): Piccolo became instantly and utterly outclassed once Freeza transformed into his third form.
•Freeza (Fourth Form: 3,000,000): Ugh. This is a pain in the ass. If it were up to me Gokuu would never use a Kaiou-ken past a ‘five-times’. Let’s say that Freeza momentarily brought forth his true power to survive the Twenty-Times Kaiou-ken
•Vegeta (False Super Saiyan: 200,000): Vegeta thought he would be able to beat Freeza now but unfortunately for him he underestimated just how deep the well went.
•Son Gokuu (135,000; Twenty-Times Kaiou-ken: 2,700,000): Fucking twenty-times multipliers. Ugh. This is why I hate the Kaiou-ken.
•Son Gokuu (Super Saiyan: 3,375,000): I just halved the fifty-times multiplier from the Daizenshuu to give me an idea of how much stronger to make Gokuu in comparison to the Twenty-Times Kaiou-ken. I doubt I’ll reuse this for future arcs.

A Warning from the Future:
•Trunks (Super Saiyan: 3,425,000): Strong enough to effortlessly squash Mecha Freeza.
•Mecha Freeza (3,400,000): High enough to make him feel comfortable fighting Son Gokuu again.
•Son Gokuu (Super Saiyan: 3,435,000): Who really knows how strong Gokuu is at this point. He just needs to be strong enough to block Trunks’ sword a few times, anyway.

The Artificial Humans Appear:
•Son Gokuu (Super Saiyan: 3.7 million): This is such a pain in the ass. To make ‘progress’ seem large one almost HAS to make numbers grow larger by larger digits. Ugh.
•Vegeta (Super Saiyan: 3.7 million): I didn’t really see any indication that he was all that stronger than Gokuu, especially since Gokuu couldn’t even fight at full power properly anyway.
•Piccolo (3.7 million): Didn’t seem all that intimidated by Vegeta or the Artificial Humans until #17 and #18.
•Cell (Ginger Town: 3.8 million): Not enough to stop the Artificial Humans, so I figured he’d be about as strong as Vegeta currently was but also weaker than Piccolo.
•Piccolo (Ginger Town: 4 million): Having merged with God, Piccolo has gained some strength back! There, round number for the sake of a round number.

The Race for Perfection:
•Vegeta (Super: 5.3 million):
•Trunks (Super Saiyan Grade III: 6.3 million):
•Cell (Second Form: 5 million):
• Cell (Completed: 6 million):
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:01 pm

I would say Freeza’s 1st form is slightly stronger than Vegeta when they fought, but Krillin and Gohan would compensate that difference to give Vegeta an advantage.

For some reason, I have the impression Goku was considerably stronger than Vegeta even after both got a near death power-up, when they fought Freeza’s final form.

Also, I think Vegeta was the strongest fighter against #17 and #18. Maybe Goku was equal to him, but Piccolo implied Vegeta could be stronger than Goku and by proxy stronger than everyone besides the cyborgs.

Dbzk1999
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dbzk1999 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:33 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:01 pm I would say Freeza’s 1st form is slightly stronger than Vegeta when they fought, but Krillin and Gohan would compensate that difference to give Vegeta an advantage.

For some reason, I have the impression Goku was considerably stronger than Vegeta even after both got a near death power-up, when they fought Freeza’s final form.

Also, I think Vegeta was the strongest fighter against #17 and #18. Maybe Goku was equal to him, but Piccolo implied Vegeta could be stronger than Goku and by proxy stronger than everyone besides the cyborgs.
Is it implied or stated in regards to Vegeta being stronger? I wanna say Herms’ strength checker flat out says that Vegeta surpassed Goku, I’d have to look back over it though