"Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:03 pm

HECTOR4 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:49 pm Could anyone make a summary of what happened since the defeat of Fat Boo until the current events, please? ^^
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

HECTOR4
Regular

Post by HECTOR4 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:44 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:03 pm
HECTOR4 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:49 pm Could anyone make a summary of what happened since the defeat of Fat Boo until the current events, please? ^^
Thank you very much ^^ This gives us to speculate a lot XD:

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:16 am

Maybe Shallot and Giblet witnessed the first Super Saiyan God? They may have spent their years training to eventually acquire that power they saw, and that would explain some of Giblet’s dialogue as he recognized Goku’s form, and Shallot too felt like he had seen the form before. What if they knew of the ritual but weren’t considered righteous by Yamoshi and therefore never successfully completed it?

Also, as silly as it could be, I wouldn’t mind it if in the future they introduced an evil transformation counterpart to Super Saiyan God for Giblet. Call it Super Saiyan Devil/Demon/whatever and have it be something achieved through a similar ritual to that of SSG but performed by malicious Saiyans. The hair color could be a very dark red.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:16 am

emperior wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:16 am Maybe Shallot and Giblet witnessed the first Super Saiyan God? They may have spent their years training to eventually acquire that power they saw, and that would explain some of Giblet’s dialogue as he recognized Goku’s form, and Shallot too felt like he had seen the form before. What if they knew of the ritual but weren’t considered righteous by Yamoshi and therefore never successfully completed it?

Also, as silly as it could be, I wouldn’t mind it if in the future they introduced an evil transformation counterpart to Super Saiyan God for Giblet. Call it Super Saiyan Devil/Demon/whatever and have it be something achieved through a similar ritual to that of SSG but performed by malicious Saiyans. The hair color could be a very dark red.
HECTOR4 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:44 pm
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:03 pm
Thank you very much ^^ This gives us to speculate a lot XD:
Well about the ancient Saiyan I have a friend of mine that has done a fanfic about that and Yamoshi and I think it's kinda spot on so far. Here is the link of the thread if you want to read and talk about it.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=44214

So as for character here is a top 10 character I want so far in the game:

Kanba/Cumber
Hatchiyack
Majin Ozotto
"False" Super Saiyan Goku
Garlic Jr
Ledgic
Shroom
Le trio de Danger (plus spécifiquement Bergamo)
Mira (In his white forme the simili thingy SSJ4)
And to finish with a woman An'nin that would be top nice 8)

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:36 am

My guess is that Shallot and Giblet were two of the righteous Saiyans who created the Super Saiyan God with the ritual. But when Cumber won out against the Super Saiyan God, it caused Giblet to second guess his loyalties.

HECTOR4
Regular

Post by HECTOR4 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:34 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:36 am My guess is that Shallot and Giblet were two of the righteous Saiyans who created the Super Saiyan God with the ritual. But when Cumber won out against the Super Saiyan God, it caused Giblet to second guess his loyalties.
All about Yamoshi and Super Saiyan God:
Keeping all that in mind:

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:16 amWell about the ancient Saiyan I have a friend of mine that has done a fanfic about that and Yamoshi and I think it's kinda spot on so far. Here is the link of the thread if you want to read and talk about it.
Oh, it seems like a very interesting story. When I can I will check it well ^^ But do you think your friend's story matches with the official data that I mentioned above?

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:37 am

I don't know about Yamoshi, but I think Shallot and Giblet participated in the ritual of the Super Saiyan God. Perhaps the one who attained the form was a character we haven't seen yet. A common friend of theirs, perhaps. But they witnessed the Super Saiyan God be defeated, and have been training to become the next Super Saiyan God. I think, at first, their goal was for justice or revenge, but Giblet seems to have turned to the dark side. Now he sees the failure of the Super Saiyan God as a sign that his cause was in vain, and he hates seeing another righteous Saiyan like Goku using the form because it just confuses him even more.

Judging from their armor, I think they're from Planet Vegeta, before it was taken over by Frieza. If so, the timeline would fit. I won't be surprised if Cumber eventually made an appearance. Heck, maybe he's the mastermind behind everything.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:34 pm

Hope you guys chitchat about Yamoshi is just theory and not something that is actually in story (didn't come past yet after Fat Boo defeat)
Didn't finished the story mode where Shallot finally becomes SSJ3 (so no spoiler please), but I hope he at least get's a new fighting style.

For God's sake from SSJ Goku (even it's several variations) to SSJ2 and SSJ3 we see the cleary difference of the movement when their Melee cards are selected. It would be a shame to SSJ3 Shallot to remains with his Base fighting style.
Yea... I was disappointed once again, but whatever... SSJ3 Shallot is kinda cool, but I wish there's an option to have him already as a SSJ or SSJ2 and not just base to finally transform to these transformations.

It's been quite a time since the last I posted on this thread, can say I'm still annoyed by these farming adventures events, though they're useful to buy lots and lots of souls.

- About that Gogeta and Janemba banner, I think it was a waste to have this two characters again (since the game already have them), but now with different color atributes

- I was pretty unluck and didn't get new God Goku and Vegeta from Broly movie :(

- I was lucky enough to get Android #21: Evil and she's one of my favorite characters

- It's cool to have more GT Characters, not interested much on Baby, but I would like to have Syn Shenron

- I find dumb to have another god damn SP 1st Form Freeza, but this time 'LeGeNds LiMiTeD' and a Bardock that can tap transform, but is not actually a transformation, but him putting his red bandana? But I do like to have early Z Piccolo that tap-transform to him without weights and his iconic finishing move that killed both Goku and Raditz.

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:57 pm ANNNNNNNNNNNNNND Dragon Ball Legends welcome the last place where Android 21 wasn't yet there.

Also on Reddit she already had become a meme that community kill me :lol:
Oh I missed those! How they were? lol
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:58 pm

Noah wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:34 pm
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:57 pm ANNNNNNNNNNNNNND Dragon Ball Legends welcome the last place where Android 21 wasn't yet there.

Also on Reddit she already had become a meme that community kill me :lol:
Oh I missed those! How they were? lol
They released just two unit with one being transformable into Evil (Majin) Android 21. The Pink to Purple transformation, the other unit is Android 21 on her civilian cloth and the scientist blouse.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:39 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:58 pmThey released just two unit with one being transformable into Evil (Majin) Android 21. The Pink to Purple transformation, the other unit is Android 21 on her civilian cloth and the scientist blouse.
I know lol

I meant how were the memes regarding them
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:39 pm

Noah wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:39 pm
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:58 pmThey released just two unit with one being transformable into Evil (Majin) Android 21. The Pink to Purple transformation, the other unit is Android 21 on her civilian cloth and the scientist blouse.
I know lol

I meant how were the memes regarding them
Ah the memes well they just demonstrated that Android 21 shouldn't be played in public mainly in her english dub because everytime she got hit well she moan :lol: :mrgreen: So go figure the rest of the content of these meme lol

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:12 pm

HECTOR4 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:34 pm
ZeroNeonix wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:36 am My guess is that Shallot and Giblet were two of the righteous Saiyans who created the Super Saiyan God with the ritual. But when Cumber won out against the Super Saiyan God, it caused Giblet to second guess his loyalties.
All about Yamoshi and Super Saiyan God:
Keeping all that in mind:

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:16 amWell about the ancient Saiyan I have a friend of mine that has done a fanfic about that and Yamoshi and I think it's kinda spot on so far. Here is the link of the thread if you want to read and talk about it.
Oh, it seems like a very interesting story. When I can I will check it well ^^ But do you think your friend's story matches with the official data that I mentioned above?
Or Shallot & Giblet are Yamoshi's sons and looked up to him as an all powerful Saiyan Warrior and when he lost Giblet lost all hope and changed ideologies

or perhaps Yamoshi is a villain and we're not being told the truth

HECTOR4
Regular

Post by HECTOR4 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:59 pm

Noitsnothim wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:12 pmOr Shallot & Giblet are Yamoshi's sons and looked up to him as an all powerful Saiyan Warrior and when he lost Giblet lost all hope and changed ideologies

It's all very strange and confusing. Let's see what they have prepared. But they are taking a long time to show the full story of Shallot and Giblet, and of the game in general.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:02 pm

HECTOR4 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:59 pm
Noitsnothim wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:12 pmOr Shallot & Giblet are Yamoshi's sons and looked up to him as an all powerful Saiyan Warrior and when he lost Giblet lost all hope and changed ideologies

It's all very strange and confusing. Let's see what they have prepared. But they are taking a long time to show the full story of Shallot and Giblet, and of the game in general.
Maybe the developers haven't gotten that far? even heroes hasn't started promoting the game just yet or created cards for Shallot

HECTOR4
Regular

Post by HECTOR4 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:15 pm

Noitsnothim wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:02 pmMaybe the developers haven't gotten that far? even heroes hasn't started promoting the game just yet or created cards for Shallot
Yes, it's something I've thought about. They even have the character of Zahha, a demon, who could work in SDBH with the plot of the other demons. And I suppose it's because of that, because they want to keep the game's interest in its plot, to focus all their attention on Legends while maintaining the exclusivity of the characters and the story, at least until they reveal it completely within the game itself, I think.

Maybe when we see who is the true villain of Legends, when they reveal that, they will start using the elements of the game, their characters, their lore, in SDBH.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:41 pm

HECTOR4 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:15 pm
Noitsnothim wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:02 pmMaybe the developers haven't gotten that far? even heroes hasn't started promoting the game just yet or created cards for Shallot
Yes, it's something I've thought about. They even have the character of Zahha, a demon, who could work in SDBH with the plot of the other demons. And I suppose it's because of that, because they want to keep the game's interest in its plot, to focus all their attention on Legends while maintaining the exclusivity of the characters and the story, at least until they reveal it completely within the game itself, I think.

Maybe when we see who is the true villain of Legends, when they reveal that, they will start using the elements of the game, their characters, their lore, in SDBH.
I'm calling it rn I think the true villain is Fu (and with where BBM is going with him wanting to create a new universe) whose to say the events of legends take place in Fu's new universe?

Just a thought

HECTOR4
Regular

Post by HECTOR4 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:17 pm

Noitsnothim wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:41 pmI'm calling it rn I think the true villain is Fu (and with where BBM is going with him wanting to create a new universe) whose to say the events of legends take place in Fu's new universe?

Just a thought
It would be very little novelty for a product that has kept its plot expectations for so long. It would be a huge disappointment XD But everything is possible, haha.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:08 am

Judging by the new story chapter release a guess of mine is that Shallot will become an Ex unit or will spawn an Ex unit as well as him becoming Super Saiyajin God.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:18 pm

We're going through the all Saiyan transformations pretty quick. I wonder how far they will go. Will they stop at Blue? Will Shallot learn Kaioken so he can go Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken? Will he train with a later version of Vegeta so he can go Super Saiyan Blue Evolution? Heck, will he go Ultra Instinct?

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:54 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:18 pm We're going through the all Saiyan transformations pretty quick. I wonder how far they will go. Will they stop at Blue? Will Shallot learn Kaioken so he can go Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken? Will he train with a later version of Vegeta so he can go Super Saiyan Blue Evolution? Heck, will he go Ultra Instinct?
Yeah, SSJ3 after 2 years... quick, my hair are growing greyer and greyer :(
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88