What if all Universe 7 Saiyans were revived, together with planet Vegeta?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

What if all Universe 7 Saiyans were revived, together with planet Vegeta?

Post by Psajdak » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:45 pm

Let's face it, for decades now DB was a Saiyan show, and not just because of Goku.

In DBS, Kefla (it may have been Caulifla, not sure anymore) said how happy she is to have been born Saiyan.

Everything is for the sake of enjoyment, and nostalgia, no one cares about plot, so is there any problem with restoring one planet filled with central race of franchise, if we already have several universes restored?

I mean, at this point who even cares about what is the purpose - they probably could find some reason, but basically, that we have more Saiyans available, maybe as a way of raising potential of Universe 7, dunno.

Look, just agree with me, okay?

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: What if all Universe 7 Saiyans were revived, together with planet Vegeta?

Post by Peach » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:18 am

They would be a bunch of weak thugs and a lot of them would be in Galactic Patrol prison. Nothing would stop Frieza from simply destroying the planet again either.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:57 am

Psajdak wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:45 pmEverything is for the sake of enjoyment, and nostalgia, no one cares about plot
That's extremely worrisome. May Dende helps us all. :?
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:39 am

Vegeta: Hmph! I wouldn't give a damn about those weaklings or that dirt ball of a planet anymore.

Goku: Me either, Geets. But then again, that's probably because I have no memories of that place whatsoever.

Vegeta: Well at least there's something we can both agree on.

Goku: Hehehe.
Caulifla best girl! :)

blacksymbiote
Beyond Newbie

Post by blacksymbiote » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:08 pm

Well, Goku seems to have gotten more keen to other saiyans being around judging by the Broly movie, so I wonder if that's an idea they're toying with.

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:23 pm

I kinda started this thread randomly, and it's not like I actually expect people to agree with me, but here's what I think...

First of all, honestly, for a while now, I had enough of Saiyans, and everything related to them; sure, they are probably the coolest race in anime that I saw, their transformations into Super Saiyans are awesome, but after seeing it for years, dunno.

Still, I just don't see them going anywhere...

Now, as for why I wouldn't mind anyway for killed Saiyan to be revived, and their planet, well, it's not so much because they are Saiyans, but rather cause at this point, I think there are more possibilities when characters are alive, than when they are dead.

I am not even that much of a fan of fights anymore, I just like seeing characters interacting with each other.

It's not like they need to be as strong as Goku, or Vegeta; not to mention we did saw in DBS: Broly that they aren't just warrior brutes, particularly Paragus, who I found to be more interesting character in that one movie, than Goku was in all of his appearances since DBZ Movie 14.

I get that this is shonen, and power levels are most important, but as someone who was fan since early 2000s, fights aren't everything about DB, otherwise, authors wouldn't bother to bring back old non fighter characters that were around since the start of franchise, including their old voice actors.

Who knows, they most likely won't be revived, but then again, after seeing so much things that fans over the years said will never happen, such as Freeza being brought to life, or Pilaf's gang becoming part of Goku's friends, Goku and Vegeta becoming basically demi gods, there existing Dragon Balls that are planet sized - everything is possible, IMO, no matter how crazy it is.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:08 am

I'm sure Freeza might not like the fact that the Saiyans existed as an entire race again but I'm sure Goku would save them because he just is a goody two-shoes at times. The Saiyans would need to be updated on events and be informed that they could no longer be space pirates, Goku could probably straighten things out very quickly though just by demonstrating SSJ and inadvertently becoming worshipped in the process.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:57 pm

I think it would make more sense to say that there are more Saiyans that survived the genocide, like they did with Broly. I mean, I already find it hard to believe that nearly every Saiyan was on Vegeta when it was destroyed, save for a small handful.

Ongam

Post by Ongam » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:51 pm

It would be interesting, but with Frieza out there, they would need Vegeta's protection to thrive and prosper, otherwise they would go the way of the Dodo all over again.

I'd mostly care to see Raditz, Nappa, and Fasha back. Nappa and Raditz have been shown to become super saiyans 3 in the arcade game, Heroes, and while that isn't canon, it's a sneak peek at their possible potential. I don't know what they would reform like Vegeta though, it's possible but would take a lot of time and development.

blacksymbiote
Beyond Newbie

Post by blacksymbiote » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:31 pm

Why would Frieza care? He'd be repulsed sure, but he can't beat Goku or Vegeta so the others being back is neither here nor there.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:29 am

I think Vegeta has simply let that dream pass by, either through moving on and forging a new family, or possibly because the fewer Saiyans around the better for him (or both).
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:17 pm

The outcome of that would depend on whomever is writing the story. Personally, while I would love for the Saiyans to be revived I don't see it happening.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

tasuxeda

Post by tasuxeda » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:31 pm

blacksymbiote wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:31 pm Why would Frieza care? He'd be repulsed sure, but he can't beat Goku or Vegeta so the others being back is neither here nor there.
Goku and Vegeta prove that Saiyans have the potential to grow be a threat to Frieza's army and possibly to him and since one of the reasons he destroyed Planet Vegeta in the first place was the potential threat of the legends of the Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan God so now that Frieza knows that they are real he likely wouldn't take the risk and wipe them out again if Goku and Vegeta don't manage to stop him.

Scientist Fu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scientist Fu » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:34 am

If they ever decide to bring U7 Saiyans back it's not to get rid of them once again. So if it ever happens I think they will only have the choice to obey otherwise they will get killed because they are way too weak compared to the main cast. But the thing with Saiyans is that they can get stronger by training and if someday one of them reaches a high level he may want to rebel against the superiors.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:33 pm

Going how DBS likes to treat the modern Saiyans, if they got revived within a month youd have an army of good guys who would all have god ki :lol:

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:13 pm

I think ScientistFu is probably right. But its possible that the evil Saiyans can have changes of heart.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:46 pm

From what we saw in DBS Broly movie, most of Saiyans seemed at the very least to be pretty reasonable, and not that different from humans.

Some good, some bad.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:12 pm

Psajdak wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:46 pm From what we saw in DBS Broly movie, most of Saiyans seemed at the very least to be pretty reasonable, and not that different from humans.

Some good, some bad.
Indeed you are right.

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:27 pm

Psajdak wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:46 pm From what we saw in DBS Broly movie, most of Saiyans seemed at the very least to be pretty reasonable, and not that different from humans.

Some good, some bad.
Which was stupid. It erased what little personality they had. Now they're just humans who get a power up whenever their hair changes color.
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:49 pm

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:27 pm Which was stupid. It erased what little personality they had. Now they're just humans who get a power up whenever their hair changes color.
IMO, that was only reflection of time product was made in.
As years passed by, characters stopped being as one dimensional as they used to be; they just wouldn't work in today's era.

In fact, the main Beerus' thing when he first appeared was that he wasn't exactly bad guy antagonist, unlike pretty much everyone before him.

I myself don't mind Saiyans who aren't all bloodthirsty battle-crazy brutes, and that they actually have a culture.