Should Zamasu follow the tradition of DB villains teaming up with Goku?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Re: Should Zamasu follow the tradition of DB villains teaming up with Goku?

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:37 pm

By the way, it would be interesting to see Zamasu on the side of the protagonists merely because he'd make for a unique partner. His immortality would allow him to be a versatile ally who could be of great use to Goku and co., much like Freeza was in the ToP with his cunning. Also the last time a Kai was useful in a major fight was during the Buu saga, so it'd be a nice change of pace from seeing the usual Saiyans take up most of the screentime in a fight.

Storywise there really isn't anything stopping the writers from redeeming Zamasu or anyway having him side with the protagonists, even if for a brief period.... if Freeza did it, then so can Zamasu. Vegeta committed mundicide like Zamasu and he was given the chance to redeem himself.

Whis

Post by Whis » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:15 pm

I don't see a reason why Zamasu would return this way at all or is needed as companion of Goku in the future.

He's done for.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:49 am

If they could write Freeza as an ally of Goku after he tried to destroy the Earth twice (and actually succeeded once), they can write anyone as an ally of Goku.

Whis

Post by Whis » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:49 am

The reason he returned was due to how popular of a villain he was in Z, also he seems to work as the Joker to Goku's Batman which can work in the long run depending on how the writers choose to approach it.

Zamasu can return but that would just undermine his grand plan and make him redundant and he's not going to cast aside his wish to destroy all mortals, and there's already Frieza to deal with on loose ends.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:31 am

Whis wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:49 am The reason he returned was due to how popular of a villain he was in Z, also he seems to work as the Joker to Goku's Batman which can work in the long run depending on how the writers choose to approach it.

Zamasu can return but that would just undermine his grand plan and make him redundant and he's not going to cast aside his wish to destroy all mortals, and there's already Frieza to deal with on loose ends.
If it's only a matter of popularity, then Black is one of the most popular characters introduced in modern DB, thus if not Zamasu then at least Black is bound to return at some point.

There are countless ways to write this scenario in a way that is true to Zamasu's character and doesn't undermine anything. Plus we basically see in Heroes that Zamasu is willing to help mortals if it benefits him in some way, so much like Freeza he can work with others, even if for a brief period of time.

Whis

Post by Whis » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:59 am

Yes, I'm sure many fans would like to see Goku Black come back than Zamasu in his original body.

Heroes is non canon btw so and it's kind of terrible in its execution.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:20 am

Whis wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:59 am Yes, I'm sure many fans would like to see Goku Black come back than Zamasu in his original body.

Heroes is non canon btw so and it's kind of terrible in its execution.
It being canon or not doesn't change the fact that it showed how Zamasu could potentially work alongside mortals. I mentioned Heroes, I could have said Xenoverse instead, where Zamasu can literally become a mentor to the player character. Point is that those products convinced me that a scenario where Zamasu puts aside his differences with mortals if it benefits him is possible and can work. We're not talking about an abstract scenario that has never been done before.

Actually, thinking about it, Zamasu is the villain who would be most likely to make a truce with mortals. His Project Zero Mortals was just a means to an end. His true goal, and he is the only villain in the franchise who had this goal, was to protect the universe and restore peace.

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:47 am

Zamasu is dead mate. Erased for good from the King of All.