How would you improve DB going forward?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Re: How would you improve DB going forward?

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:43 pm

emperior wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:38 pm You act as if I only interact with the super-informed-about-everything part of the fandom. Which is not the case. Never have I read, not even in YouTube comments, of fans not knowing Vegeta lost to a teamwork fight against Goku.
Sure, Goku did him the most damage not only physically but psychologically too as he was a low-class Saiyan who made him bleed and forced him to go Oozaru, and then begged Krillin not to kill him.
I feel like you're misremembering the fight too. Vegeta wasn't forced to go Oozaru by Goku. At no point was he in danger of losing the fight. Even with Goku pushing the Kaioken to x3 all he managed was a few clean shots. Vegeta was by far still the fresher of the two. Goku even remarks on this before their big beam clash pointing out that at the rate the fight was going, his body would be the first to give out. It's seeing his own blood that enrages Vegeta to the point of wanting to destroy Earth with his Gallic Gun and it's being denied that by Goku's x4 Kaioken (which itself left Goku's whole body looking like an inflamed boil) that drives Vegeta to go Oozaru. Sure Vegeta makes an off hand comment about never dreaming he'd have to go Oozaru to crush Goku but throughout that whole segment he seems very delusional and petulant. From flying into a rage at seeing his own blood to convincing himself that Goku destroyed the moon to deny Vegeta's transformation to that random bit of exposition about green spectrum radition, Vegeta is all over the place here. The blow to his ego seems to have warped his perception of the fight.

But I'm not really interested in continuing this argument. Reading back my last reply it's definitely a lot rude than I intended it to be so sorry about that. I'm not looking to talk over anyone else or their take on Dragon Ball.
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:39 pm

But Vegeta doesn't know that. All he knows is Goku is getting the better of him and has even punched him so hard in the stomach he's spit up blood.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:03 pm

Yeah Vegeta had no fucking clue about the limits of Kaioken unlike what Super made people believe when, all of a sudden, Vegeta was knowledgeable about it.

For all he knew Goku had sent back his strongest move in which he put all his power to destroy the Earth. He would have died alongside the explosion so he was out of his mind and was so focused on winning he was disregarding his own safety.

The Kamehameha even sent him far up in the sky, so for what he knew, Goku was completely outpowering him and he couldn’t even sense Goku’s ki and how it was going down.
In his mind he had no choice but to transform.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:00 pm

ABED wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:39 pm But Vegeta doesn't know that. All he knows is Goku is getting the better of him and has even punched him so hard in the stomach he's spit up blood.
emperior wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:03 pm Yeah Vegeta had no fucking clue about the limits of Kaioken unlike what Super made people believe when, all of a sudden, Vegeta was knowledgeable about it.
If that's the pervailing consensus then so be it. But a veteran fighter who can't read the condition of an opponent is a lousy fighter. Goku wasn't hiding the pain he was in and when he powered up to Kaioken x3 it was only after Vegeta had been trouncing him for two chapters. Vegeta wasn't anywhere near the point of exhaustion so it wasn't as if desperation and fatigue were making him tunnel vision. Even Yajirobe comments that something seemed off about Goku's body during the Gallic Gun-Kamehameha clash.
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:34 pm

He's in pain, but that doesn't mean Vegeta knows how much Goku has left in the tank, and if he hadn't transformed, there is a good chance Goku could've beaten him without Gohan and Kuririn.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:29 pm

For now, I think of Goten, young Trunks and Marron forming their own Z-Fighter squad and having adventures.

And then Goku'd come along because he's a kid at heart too! (Despite the risk in bringing him along)
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

TheSeductiveTomato
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TheSeductiveTomato » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:37 pm

DragonBallFoodie wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:29 pm For now, I think of Goten, young Trunks and Marron forming their own Z-Fighter squad and having adventures.

And then Goku'd come along because he's a kid at heart too! (Despite the risk in bringing him along)
I've always wanted something like this to happen. Goku leading a team of next-gen warriors to defend the universe consisting of Goten, Trunks, Pan, Maron, and Uub. Maybe Jaco can tag along so he can be the token alien/comic relief.