We still don’t know much about Moro

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: We still don’t know much about Moro

Post by Psajdak » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:11 pm

Probably former God of Destruction trained by Daishinkan.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:13 pm

Whis wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:09 pm Still he makes this arc the most interesting one in super with magic.
personally I think makes him a boring villain and to be a magician he is very uncreative in skills taking into account that it has been more than a year

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:44 pm

I'm not sure that we'll get information about the aspects that you listed. I would personally like some more on his backstory, but I doubt we'll get much, and it's not entirely necessary. On a related note, Moro doesn't seem like a character that will ever return after this arc is over.

As for Moro's personality, I think there's plenty to enjoy at the moment, but I think people will connect more with the character if the arc is animated. DB villains have always had fantastic voice actor performances that put them over the top, and I suspect the actor for Moro will be able to have some fun with the role.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:47 am

Since Moro is the DB equivalent of world-consuming characters like Galactus, Anti-Monitor, and Unicron then I would expect he would have some origin tied to the nature of the universe somehow. Considering that the Kaioshin could've requested that Beerus destroy Moro but not pursue that option even after millions of years, Moro might be in possession of some power or knowledge vital to U7 or maybe another universe/dimension/timeline. The destruction of Moro may have unintended consequences or it might not even be possible, hence why he was in the Galactic Patrol's prison for 10 million years.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:47 pm

If this arc conclude Super franchise, nothing too compromising can be staged, like an universe change.
And I suppose Moro will be beaten up, nothing of him will be known more, goodbye Super and they will shift money elsewhere.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:55 pm

Kataphrut wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:03 am What more is there to add at this point? He's a bad 'un who threatened the universe thousands of years ago, now he's back for revenge. I don't think he needs much more than that in terms of backstory, he just needs more interesting characterisation in the present. So far he just wants to eat people because he's evil. To be fair, that sums up Cell pretty accurately as well, but Cell at least had charisma.

His design has also gotten worse with every powerup. I like old man Moro with the beard, young Moro looks bleh.
cell is gaining more independence and a personality after to absorb the androids
He no longer obeys the missions entrusted to him ... and despite having the frieza "cells" he considers galactic domination to be boring.
proposes a "game" as a final challenge and thus demonstrate all his abilities as a perfect warrior

with that the viewer understands that world / galactic domination is a thing of the past ..
Then comes Moro with his apparent desire for galactic domination so after the previous villains . in conparison feel somewhat empty

Thunderbird
Banned

Post by Thunderbird » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:33 pm

That's because Toyotaro has no talent for telling a story.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:24 am

Thunderbird wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:33 pm That's because Toyotaro has no talent for telling a story.
No one in actual authority does, except for me and some other fans xD😆