Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Drepanosaurus

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Drepanosaurus » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:11 am

Planetnamek wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:02 pm
Besides with Sanders age and health problems, i'd rather not put all my stock in someone who i'm not confident will even be alive at the end of his first time.
Dude, Biden and Boomlberg are around the same age as Sanders :lol: . It's not like anyone is worried about them of their age.

Planetnamek
Banned

Post by Planetnamek » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:41 am

Drepanosaurus wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:11 am
Besides with Sanders age and health problems, i'd rather not put all my stock in someone who i'm not confident will even be alive at the end of his first time.
Dude, Biden and Boomlberg are around the same age as Sanders :lol: . It's not like anyone is worried about them of their age.
Just so you know Mike gently reminded us to stay on topic in this thread and I intend on doing that.

Anyway it sounds like some guests did indeed threaten to not show up at Kitchencon if Vic wasn't disinvited from it.
"Why run away from something you're not afraid of?" - Goku

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:50 am

Planetnamek wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:41 am
Drepanosaurus wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:11 am
Just so you know Mike gently reminded us to stay on topic in this thread and I intend on doing that.

Anyway it sounds like some guests did indeed threaten to not show up at Kitchencon if Vic wasn't disinvited from it.
Indeed, i'd really like for it to not derail into another series of debates about the election and other irrelevant political stuff that has nothing to do with the topic at hand.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:23 pm

Ask for consent, everyone. Ask. Just ask. Please gosh, just ask.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:27 pm

Thankfully, the latest Appellant's Brief from Vic's legal team just popped up, so we shouldn't have much issue staying on topic. It's...uh, something. I'll let Mike Dunford take it away, but here's a few stunning examples of Vic's legal expertise.

(For the below one: Blue text refers to dismissed "evidence", whereas pink text was never, uh, produced in court.)

This could be just me, but whenever Vic's groupies point to the appeal as the case "not being over yet", they never seem to bother pointing why, exactly, it'll end with his victory. Might it have something to do with how their argument here is just variations of "Judge Chupp got it wrong! The affidavits are wrong!" Monica, Ron, and Jamie are bad, evil people!".

Zinnia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zinnia » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:14 am

So his appeal is screwed, right. I don't know much about law but it seems fishy for me.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:21 am

Zinnia wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:14 am I don't know much about law
Neither do Beard or Rekeita, to be fair.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:17 pm

Zinnia wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:14 am So his appeal is screwed, right. I don't know much about law but it seems fishy for me.
I think the appeal was a longshot anyways, given how the previous versions were thrown out. Vic's just an idiot. He didn't lose anything, but he didn't win anything either, which is probably why they thought he should win with an appeal. Vic's an idiot, let's be honest here.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:28 pm

Zinnia wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:14 am So his appeal is screwed, right. I don't know much about law but it seems fishy for me.
There's a myriad of reasons why the appeal was doomed from the beginning, not the least in how you can't add any new evidence in an appeal. (Recall how Beard and co.offered zero evidence Rial and co. committed tortious interference, with Vic admitting this yet again in court.) This is just them pissing on a dumpster fire.

Kefla
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kefla » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:47 pm

Hahahahaha!!! You gotta see it to believe it! This is quite the most amusing thing, I’ve ever seen. It’s a list of the KV peeps.

https://www.deviantart.com/hammerthetan ... -800381017

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:32 am

Kefla wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:47 pm Hahahahaha!!! You gotta see it to believe it! This is quite the most amusing thing, I’ve ever seen. It’s a list of the KV peeps.

https://www.deviantart.com/hammerthetan ... -800381017
Creepy stalker sure is creepy. Wow. With all that effort they put into shilling a scumbag sexual assaulter they could probably get a really good therapist, which they desperately need.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Zinnia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zinnia » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:13 am

Schemmel and Sabat are higher in the hierarchy than Vic ever was. So why is this case being prolonged? The people at the top of dubbing industry obviously don't like him. What is he going to do about that? Make his own little company of no-names? I doubt it would get any rights to localize anything anyway.

Might as well find a different profession, because he sure ain't coming back to DB.

Valerius Dover
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Valerius Dover » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:39 am

Ha, when this is done he won't even be able to get bit parts in hentai dubs. :lol:
Seriously, how much of an incel do you have to be spend this much time just compiling together a list of people you feel threatened by. Man, VicStans are all a bunch of manbabies.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:17 am

Valerius Dover wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:39 am Ha, when this is done he won't even be able to get bit parts in hentai dubs. :lol:
Seriously, how much of an incel do you have to be spend this much time just compiling together a list of people you feel threatened by. Man, VicStans are all a bunch of manbabies.
Calling them “incels” or “manbabies” is a bit too sympathetic. It implies they don’t know EXACTLY what they’re doing (which most of them do). It’s ok to admit that evil people exist. I know many Vic Stans that are well adjusted, successful people more or less. They’re just shitty people. Granted this is anecdotal, but I feel some narratives we like to use can risk letting these despicable people off the hook if we’re not careful.

Valerius Dover

Post by Valerius Dover » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:49 am

XanatosVanBadass wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:17 am
Valerius Dover wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:39 am Ha, when this is done he won't even be able to get bit parts in hentai dubs. :lol:
Calling them “incels” or “manbabies” is a bit too sympathetic. It implies they don’t know EXACTLY what they’re doing (which most of them do). It’s ok to admit that evil people exist. I know many Vic Stans that are well adjusted, successful people more or less. They’re just shitty people. Granted this is anecdotal, but I feel some narratives we like to use can risk letting these despicable people off the hook if we’re not careful.
Fair point. Not that I sympathize with people in those categories, but it really does seem like they often go hand-in-hand. I definitely don't wanna give off the impression that what they're doing is excusable.

On a side note, anyone else hate getting these anti-SJW videos show up in recommended? I swear, everywhere I go there's some 20 minute rant about Funimation, Monica, Jamie, Chris, or something else. I've never even clicked on these videos, but YouTube seems infested with them. A reminder of evil, I guess. Pathetic evil, but still evil.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

Planetnamek
Banned

Post by Planetnamek » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:29 am

Valerius Dover wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:49 am
XanatosVanBadass wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:17 am
Fair point. Not that I sympathize with people in those categories, but it really does seem like they often go hand-in-hand. I definitely don't wanna give off the impression that what they're doing is excusable.

On a side note, anyone else hate getting these anti-SJW videos show up in recommended? I swear, everywhere I go there's some 20 minute rant about Funimation, Monica, Jamie, Chris, or something else. I've never even clicked on these videos, but YouTube seems infested with them. A reminder of evil, I guess. Pathetic evil, but still evil.
I've seen a few of those dumbass videos get recommended, but not an awful lot thankfully, I just tell Youtube not to send me any more vids by that channel and that's usually it.

As for that DA post who boy, that's some next-level harassment shit right there, needless to say I reported that post for harassment.
"Why run away from something you're not afraid of?" - Goku

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:33 am

Yeah I get them too. YouTube can be a pain. If you watched even one video pertaining to Vic, hell Broly, you’re likely to get that shit in your recommendations. I just ignore it as best I can.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:43 pm

...I feel like this list tells a story. One that's a little different than the one he intended to tell.
[Absurdly long] list of Funimation VAs and Non-Funimation VAs who turned against Vic and/or insults their fans and customers and began claiming that they "believe victims":

Monica Rial
Jamie Marchi
Sean Schemmel
Christopher Sabat
Sonny Strait
Greg Ayres
Samantha Inoue-Harte
Jamie McGonnigal
Chris Rager
Josh Martin
J Michael Tatum
Daman Mills
Jason Douglas
Justin Briner
Sarah Wiedenheft
Emily Neves
Leah Clark
Kara Edwards
Josh Grelle
Terri Doty
Jen Brown
Shannon McCormick
Miles Luna
Neil Kaplan
DC Douglas
Tara Jayne Sands
Amanda Winn Lee
Michele Specht (Vic's ex-fiancee)
Marianne Miller
Colleen Clinkenbeard (Mentioned by Vic during his deposition)
Mike McFarland (Mentioned by Vic during his deposition)
Tyson Rinehart
Brina Palencia (Confirmed by some IStandWithVic supporters on Twitter)
Brittney Karbowski (Confirmed by some IStandWithVic supporters on Twitter)
Jason Liebrecht (Confirmed by some IStandWithVic supporters on Twitter)
Amber Lee Connors (Confirmed by the Kiwi Farms)
Howard Wang
Sarah Sullivan
Chris Patton
Christopher Wekhamp (Suspicions confirmed by IStandWithVic)
Robert Bruce Elliott (Suspicions confirmed by IStandWithVic on Twitter)
Brett Weaver
Trina Nishimura (Suspicions by Warriorofvengeance2 and a few ISWV supporters because she was caught liking tweets from KickVic)
Carrie Keranen (According to ILoveJoeGomez's confirmation, she liked Jamie Marchi's violent tweet on Twitter. Also, blocked Jordan Eshelman, an ISWV supporter on Twitter)
Marissa Lenti
Madeleine Morris
Dawn M Bennett
Jon Allen
Michele Knotz
Krystal LaPorte
Natalie Rial (Monica Rial's sister)
Jeannie Tirado (According to DarkNazawrath, she follows Ron "Soyboy" Toye on Twitter)
Jean-Luc Hester (Jamie Marchi's half-brother)
Amanda Lee, aka AmaLee
Rob Mungle (Mentioned by Zero Resurrected here in this thread: twitter.com/ZeroResurrected/st…)
Justin Nordell (Mentioned by Zero Resurrected here in the same thread: twitter.com/ZeroResurrected/st…)
Sean Chiplock (Mentioned by Mekel Kasanova during Nick Rekieta's latest livestream. Evidence of his hostility towards Vic found in this archived tweet: archive.li/Z3o6v)
Corey Marshall (Mentioned by Mekel Kasanova during Nick Rekieta's latest livestream)
Corina Boetiger
Bryson Baugus
Kellen Goff
Rachel Robinson
Jessica Cavanaugh
Alison Viktorin
Martin Piers Billany, aka LittleKuriboh
Alex Moore
Carian Strange
Jeremy Inman
Mark Allen Jr.
Ben Phillips
Emily Fajardo
Barbara Dunkelman
Anthony Bowling
Alex Mai
Evan Smith
Kiba Walker
Christopher Guerrero
Jaxon Lee (Amanda Winn Lee's husband)
Katelyn Barr
VAs rumored to be KickVic:
Jerry Jewell (rumors only because his wife Janna Selky Bruss made a tweet showing her support to Monica Rial)
Ian Sinclair (rumored by the Kiwi Farms due to Ron Toye name dropping him during his deposition)
John Swasey (rumors only from a IStandWithVic supporter because he appeared in the hashtag BeThere video. Possibly pressured by Chris Sabat in order to make him join KickVic)

Notes: These are just rumors from certain IStandWithVic supporters on Twitter and members of the Kiwi Farms because they were reportedly caught liking tweets from KickVic or raised some suspicions around them so it's impossible for 100% to verify and confirm it if its true or not.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:47 pm

Can we maybe not actually be spreading around these lists for people to see?

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:51 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:43 pm ...I feel like this list tells a story. One that's a little different than the one he intended to tell.
[Absurdly long] list of Funimation VAs and Non-Funimation VAs who turned against Vic and/or insults their fans and customers and began claiming that they "believe victims":

Monica Rial
Jamie Marchi
Sean Schemmel
Christopher Sabat
Sonny Strait
Greg Ayres
Samantha Inoue-Harte
Jamie McGonnigal
Chris Rager
Josh Martin
J Michael Tatum
Daman Mills
Jason Douglas
Justin Briner
Sarah Wiedenheft
Emily Neves
Leah Clark
Kara Edwards
Josh Grelle
Terri Doty
Jen Brown
Shannon McCormick
Miles Luna
Neil Kaplan
DC Douglas
Tara Jayne Sands
Amanda Winn Lee
Michele Specht (Vic's ex-fiancee)
Marianne Miller
Colleen Clinkenbeard (Mentioned by Vic during his deposition)
Mike McFarland (Mentioned by Vic during his deposition)
Tyson Rinehart
Brina Palencia (Confirmed by some IStandWithVic supporters on Twitter)
Brittney Karbowski (Confirmed by some IStandWithVic supporters on Twitter)
Jason Liebrecht (Confirmed by some IStandWithVic supporters on Twitter)
Amber Lee Connors (Confirmed by the Kiwi Farms)
Howard Wang
Sarah Sullivan
Chris Patton
Christopher Wekhamp (Suspicions confirmed by IStandWithVic)
Robert Bruce Elliott (Suspicions confirmed by IStandWithVic on Twitter)
Brett Weaver
Trina Nishimura (Suspicions by Warriorofvengeance2 and a few ISWV supporters because she was caught liking tweets from KickVic)
Carrie Keranen (According to ILoveJoeGomez's confirmation, she liked Jamie Marchi's violent tweet on Twitter. Also, blocked Jordan Eshelman, an ISWV supporter on Twitter)
Marissa Lenti
Madeleine Morris
Dawn M Bennett
Jon Allen
Michele Knotz
Krystal LaPorte
Natalie Rial (Monica Rial's sister)
Jeannie Tirado (According to DarkNazawrath, she follows Ron "Soyboy" Toye on Twitter)
Jean-Luc Hester (Jamie Marchi's half-brother)
Amanda Lee, aka AmaLee
Rob Mungle (Mentioned by Zero Resurrected here in this thread: twitter.com/ZeroResurrected/st…)
Justin Nordell (Mentioned by Zero Resurrected here in the same thread: twitter.com/ZeroResurrected/st…)
Sean Chiplock (Mentioned by Mekel Kasanova during Nick Rekieta's latest livestream. Evidence of his hostility towards Vic found in this archived tweet: archive.li/Z3o6v)
Corey Marshall (Mentioned by Mekel Kasanova during Nick Rekieta's latest livestream)
Corina Boetiger
Bryson Baugus
Kellen Goff
Rachel Robinson
Jessica Cavanaugh
Alison Viktorin
Martin Piers Billany, aka LittleKuriboh
Alex Moore
Carian Strange
Jeremy Inman
Mark Allen Jr.
Ben Phillips
Emily Fajardo
Barbara Dunkelman
Anthony Bowling
Alex Mai
Evan Smith
Kiba Walker
Christopher Guerrero
Jaxon Lee (Amanda Winn Lee's husband)
Katelyn Barr
VAs rumored to be KickVic:
Jerry Jewell (rumors only because his wife Janna Selky Bruss made a tweet showing her support to Monica Rial)
Ian Sinclair (rumored by the Kiwi Farms due to Ron Toye name dropping him during his deposition)
John Swasey (rumors only from a IStandWithVic supporter because he appeared in the hashtag BeThere video. Possibly pressured by Chris Sabat in order to make him join KickVic)

Notes: These are just rumors from certain IStandWithVic supporters on Twitter and members of the Kiwi Farms because they were reportedly caught liking tweets from KickVic or raised some suspicions around them so it's impossible for 100% to verify and confirm it if its true or not.
God this went from hilarious to terrifying. This is a list of future victims of retaliation by ISWV-ers Even sweet people like AmaLee and Colleen Clinkenbeard are here.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol: